5-7 West Mechanic Street
New Hope, PA 18938Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zoubirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2158625851x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed for Annual Winter Break.
We will reopen for the 2014 season on Thursday February 14th.
Starting 2/15/2014 New Winter Hours!
Serving Dinner Thursday through Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Francois Morvan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Shawn @ Zoubi Cakes & Catering 215-990-6464
- Private Party Facilities: We are available for private parties year round, contact us for more information!
- Private Party Contact: Alex Gabriel 2158625851x
A word from Zoubi
Zoubi opened in the Spring of 2001 & became an instant hit with the locals as well as visitors to the New Hope,PA & Lambertville, NJ areas. Zoubi's unique setting combined with it's eclectic menu, makes every visit a memorable one. A fusion of French, Asian & Latin American Cuisine awaits guests, in addition to an exotic decor created by owner Louis Zanias along with friend Keneth Harvey. Veteran Restaurateur & Co-Owner Andre Lenoble encourages a mood of intimate & relaxed good spirits by taking a personable interest in each guest, intention all enjoying their dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Zoubi reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (32)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (1)Show More
- Pre-concert treasureLevy4njDined on 9/12/2014Had a delightful meal outdoors at Zoubi on a September Saturday evening. It was a gorgeous night in a romantic setting with delicious food wine and champagne. Started with tuna tartare (a favorite) and the we shared the pork cassoulet and the grilled calamari and shrimp. Each were wonderful. The cappuccino was very nice too. We didn't have time for desserts. I wish we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor diningfussyfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Outdoor patio with high stone walls feels like an oasis from the bustle of the town. Absolutely charming. While the bar scene is active, the dining tables are completely separate. Our waiter was very attentive and the $40 prix fixe dinner seemed like a great deal, but the drinks were very expensive and the bill rose fast. I wouldn't have objected if the food had lived up to the atmosphere, but it was only good, not memorable.Special Features:
- Pleasant atmosphere, but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The atmosphere is perfect for summer evening dining. The service is friendly. The menu is brief. The quality is slightly above average. The prices are high.Special Features:
- very romanticPinkdiamondDined on 8/30/2014Was pleasatly surprised about the romantic atmosphere of the pationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe BurdiJoeBDined on 8/22/20145 Star all the way! Fabulous outdoor romantic setting PETFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie215Dined on 8/8/2014One of the best places I have ever eaten at. Wonderful menu, great drinks and wine list. I would highly recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Too pricey for what you got. A place to go for a romantic dinner, but not on a regular basis.
- Off Night at Zoubi?kenandruthVIPDined on 7/27/2014We have been to Zoubi many times and were never disappointed until this last visit. There were only three or four other tables on a quiet Sunday night, but the service was spotty and inattentive. The confusion between the ala carte and prix fixe (Wednesday-Friday??) menus was awkward. I asked to speak to Kate, the manager; but she had already left for the evening. This was not Zoubi's best effort.Special Features:
- Zoubi- better choices aboundbuckscpuntyfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014We dined at Zoubi on a Sat evening. It is one of several convenient eateries. The courtyard was a pleasant place to dine. The menu is VERY limited. The prices are high for the quality & quantity of the food. My "soup of the day" Vichyssoise - a cold leek and potato soup was watery and not well seasoned at all. My companion's arugula salad was described as having a wasabi dressing but no taste of wasabi was detected. The tuna tartar small plate selected as an entree was fine but nothing to write home about. The citrus grilled tuna entree was served rare as requested but for $35, I expected a reasonable serving of vegetables/noodles as garnishes. With 2 glasses of rose, the tab came to $92 before tip.
- Fantastic Service!MikeDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time dining at Zoubi's. The hostess greeted us very warmly, which set the tone for the entire evening. The food and wine were excellent. The service from our waiter was exceptional. This dinner was to celebrate my wife's birthday. The waiter had heard me toasting and wishing her a happy birthday, and served her dessert (unasked) with a lighted candle (in a very low key manner).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and valuemauritiusDined on 7/25/2014A New Hope gem with excellent food and service. Has been very consistent each time. Price Fixe menu is very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As UsualyumdingerDined on 7/18/2014The food at Zoubi is always of the highest quality. The tuna tartare was excellent and my steak was grilled to perfection. Their fruit martini's are the best in the area. Always a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantMomcookstooDined on 7/5/2014The entire evening was wonderful, the food, service and ambience, even the weather was gorgeous. We had lovely food, the service was great. Enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New hope and summerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2014Lively outdoor dining -so peaceful-great food -great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Fine DiningHonestdinerDined on 6/25/2014Glorified neighborhood haunt. Pretty place, mediocre food. Look elsewhere for special occasions.
- Great foodGreatfoodDined on 6/21/2014Great food. The tuna was fantastic. My wife had the pate, and our friends had lamb chops and the steak. All the food was delicious and beautifully presented. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an excellet time!CarlaDined on 6/15/2014I loved this restaurant!, it was cozy and at the same time transports you to some other place. As soon as we got the restaurant and we were given our table, it took our breath out with the beautiful patio. The food is very good, one of the things in the menu was not as tasty but the rest was very very good. We were a party of 7 and the ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Current New Hope FavoritekenandruthVIPDined on 5/29/2014As locals, we love New Hope on "off nights" when the town and the restaurants are not choked with day-trippers. Zoubi is currently our favorite restaurant in New Hope, especially on nights when you can eat outdoors on their rear patio. Lovely.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Such a pleasant experience. We arrived 25 minutes late and they still had our table waiting for us. They were very gracious and understanding. Service was very attentive and food was excellent. It was a special occasion for our family. We were not disappointed. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 209 reviews are from the Zoubi reviews archive.
- Best brunch in New HopesamanthaDined on 5/18/2014Zoubi started serving brunch recently - and it is the best one in town, and quite reasonable too. I read the review of other customers and have to wholeheartedly disagree about the food aspect. Zoubi has always delivered fantastic food! Now the same chef apparently serves brunch on Sunday. Try omlette with Stilton and asparagus - it is a truly inventive affair. The service is mediocre - as it has always been - but the food makes up for it. We would definitely come backSpecial Features:
- DisappointingSuzyQDined on 5/10/2014I had heard such great things about Zoubi, but for the price, this was poor value. There are much better meals to be had in new Hope/Lambertville for a better price. My friend asked what vegetables came with the main dish I was eating and asked if she might have a plate of these. After consultation with the chef, they said no.... But my main complaint was the quality of the food. It just wasn't up to standard. Sorry Zoubi, I don't often write a negative review, but this was really not good.
- Visited the much heraldedJohnDined on 3/16/2014Visited the much heralded Zoubi for New Hope restaurant week, understanding that a restaurant week menu is limited and the portions tend to be smaller. The appetizer (saganaki) was tasty but miniscule with a tablespoon size of salad to accompany it. The entrée (calamari in a basil sauce) was well prepared but again the serving of calamari was stingy, considering it isn't an expensive item. No dessert was offered on the menu. It seemed to me that Zoubi is a grudging participant in restaurant week. It would be better if they did not participate at all as it is obvious their heart isn't in it.
- Bad tableDanielDined on 3/8/2014We were sat right across from the bar, people kept going outside, smoking and then coming back in smelling of cigarettes. Our table was for 4 so they did not want to have to combine tables in the main dining room.
- Pricey and not worthydougefreshVIPDined on 3/1/2014After a lot of anticipation, we finally made it to Zoubi. Unfortunately the wait was not worth it, and the majority of the reviews were spot-on, okay food, and subpar service. Normally I don't pay attention to bad reviews for expensive restaurants because most diners will give a shotty review if they deem the restaurant too expensive. Don't be fooled, the majority are correct. The restaurant is expensive, and none of the four people in my party left in a good mood. We love food, and don't mind paying for it, but the service needs to match, and the food should leave you wanting more, which was not the case.
- Disappointing food & expensiveUKUSDined on 2/22/2014We had heard good things about the restaurant. Unfortunately the food didn't quite live up to expectations. The arugula salad appetizer was good, but the fennel soup was a little bland. The sea bass was a little undercooked and had to be sent back, and the lamb chops were small & average for flavor. Chocolate mousse dessert was good. Overall, the experience was disappointing due to the limited menu, high prices, and average food quality.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningCorkerDined on 11/16/2013They have gluten free if requested. Hi quality place - leisurely pace which was good....probably not a spot if in a hurry....European feel. A memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodHarrietDined on 11/11/2013Zoubis is consistently good, often excellent. This time was the best! All four of us had wonderful meals. Fish, lamb, sweetbreads, pork chop all wonderfully flavored. Seasonal soup delicious. Desserts rich and decadent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow service!MaryDined on 11/9/2013Despite the great food the service was very slow. My husband and I we did a reservation. We were running late and I called to make sure our table would be reserved when we get there. They were very attentive over the phone and when we got there we were seated in 10 min. But they took a while to come to our table. We ordered a wine that came first but we want to order some appetizers and they took a long time to come to our table.. I finally order a soup that took about 20 min to come...The problem I think they don t have enough people to serve. The scallops were outstanding but small portion for the price charged. Dessert was also very good. I would go back for the food but I hope the service gets faster!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MartinisFinediner22Dined on 11/9/2013The food is very good. Cool place. They use fresh squeezed juices that make great Martinis. The bar is small but its a great place to have drink even if you eat elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okReereeDined on 10/19/2013The food was delicious but the service was not good. We were never asked if we wanted another drink after the first round or dessert. We had to find the waiter for our bill.
- Food Served With A Bad AttitudeLisaDined on 10/19/2013The out door dining room is very nice but that is where the good impression ends. We found the french waiter/owner to have a bad attitude. I am only 110 lbs and thought the portions were very small and prices for entree's are north of $35 which is fine if you at least leave not feeling hungry. The salads were very tiny as well and ad another $15 . The "upside down apple pie" was not edible and tasted like microwaved apple sauce on top of a mushy soggy crust. I give this place a big thumbs down for food and service. If you want to see the pretty outdoor dining area, go there for a drink then go somewhere else to eat .
- Zoubi is a hidden gemAbbieDined on 10/18/2013Zoubi is a hidden New Hope gem. After dining there I would call it one of my favorite restaurants. Fresh fruit martinis and excellent food making this place perfect for a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was fabulous, andnanaDined on 10/11/2013the food was fabulous, and the team there, service, was awesome and friendly! would definitely return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it - my new fav in New Hope!ChefsWifeDined on 10/8/2013Even though it was a slow night for them the service & food were excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, great serviceacjmDined on 10/4/2013We dined here for a special occasion. We were met on the sidewalk by the maitre d' who showed us to our table on the patio. He knew from the Open Table reservation note that it was a special occasion, and he gave us the best table on the patio. The food was very good. My wife's halibut special was excellent. The mango and lobster skewers, also a special, were very good although the mango wasn't ripe, so not sweet and very crunchy. The diver scallops were very good despite being a fairly small portion. Desserts, especially the creme brulee, were excellent. The food is very expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and saltyYearnfornycDined on 9/28/2013The atmosphere is very romantic. The staff are cordial. The wine was enjoyable. Mixed drinks were average. A few weeks ago I took my lovely girlfriend into NYC and stayed at the Greenwich Hotel. It truly is the gem of TriBeCa. The restaurant in the hotel is called Locanda Verde. Having been fortunate enough to dine in Manhattan over the past 30 years I have had many different experiences. Some good. Some not so good. Locanda Verde is by far one of the best restaurants in Manhattan. The tab was 220 dollars. Even for Manhattan that is pricey for two people. Our bill in New Hope was 200 dollars. That is ridiculous. The food didn't come close. New Hope is not Manhattan. We won't be coming back.Special Features:
- excellent food and ambianceMickDined on 9/19/2013Lovely place. Charming personable staff. Thoughtful recommendations. Ate in patio by candlelight. Bouillabaisse was subtle. Salads top notch. Offered a better wine at the same price. Sophisticated for a tourist area. Go there so it will there for us when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was coldOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/10/2013Despite a recommendation from a friend, I thought the food was cold. The shrimp didn't seem fresh to me. The short ribs were not good. I'm sure on a warmer night, the food would be warmer if eating outsideSpecial Features:
- Excellent all around!ClemantineDined on 9/8/2013We visited Zoubi after a several month absence - the food was excellent (Coq Au Vin & Grilled Red Snapper), the ambience excellent (we sat outside) and the service exceptional. The only downside was that we learned that Andre, the former manager, had passed in late May. He will be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReturnMitchelDined on 8/31/2013I had been to Zoubi ten or eleven years back and remembered from that visit the ambience and of course the food - both which I found to be delightful. The outdoor dining area has a country french feel - ordered/disorder - managed deterioration - fits of beautiful flowers against a crumbling exterior. The food had none of these kinds of contradictions. My wife found the scallops heavenly and I found the duck very much to my liking. Hey. The waiter did all he could to make our evening pleasant and he succeeded. The place is very good. Pretty sure I won't wait another eleven years to return.Special Features: