245 Atwells Ave.
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriazooma.com/
- Phone: (401) 383-2002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Marcello Florio (Pescara, Italy)
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private area seats up to 30 guests. Partys of 30 or more can be seated in the main dining or lounge area. Some restrictions apply. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Patricia Griggs 4013832002x
A word from Zooma
Award winning, authentic, Neapolitan recipes served in a sophisticated and modern atmosphere, featuring a chef’s table and alfresco dining. Zooma offers a seasonal menu, focusing on fresh, local ingredients, as well as exotic cocktails, a bistro menu and wood-oven pizza in their upscale lounge. Open daily for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zooma reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (35)notable wine list (30)romantic (29)good for groups (22)hot spot (19)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food is authenticLvVvDined on 11/21/2014There is something great going on here. The management and staff are doing a fantastic job!! The chef is authentic Italian!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartnersDined on 11/20/2014Had lunch with an old friend, and no one rushed us as we caught up, yet the service was attentive. The seasonal tomato and squash soup tasted like Fall, and the house-made pastas were well executed. The lunch specials were a great value, with portions large enough for at least another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanelleVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great food and service. This was our first visit and we will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Federal Hill Italian findTracyDined on 11/8/2014We were recommended to this establishment by the conceirge at the Omni Hotel in Providence. She wasn't sure we would be able to get a reservation late in the day. Luckily late in the day I was able to secure a reservation for that night. Would highly recommend making a reservation on a busy weekend night. Great service and food. Freshly made pasta in the window as you walk in.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/7/2014Received exceptional service at the bar from Ashley. Great wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODProcmanDined on 11/1/2014We had the bone in Veal Parmesan, it was out of this world tender and moist. The waiter was excellent explained all the specials and very knowledgeable with the menu when asked. I showed him a picture of a wine we had at this restaurant two years earlier and he recognized it but sadly they had deleted it from their list and recommended one very similar and was an excellent replacement.Special Features:
- Reservation GamingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014After many positive experiences with Open Table, this was the first time that an Open Table reservation was not "honored". When we arrived at 8 pm for our reservation, the restaurant informed us that they were running 20 minutes behind. After one hour, we were finally seated. The meal was fine and the staff friendly, however, they did not offer any accommodation (ie. free glass of wine) for the wait and I feel that they gamed the Open Table system by taking reservations for tables that they did not really have available. On a positive note, the buffalo ravioli was fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian on Federal HillPVSBVIPDined on 10/25/2014Zooma is simply the best Italian restaurant on Federal Hill. They serve all the great Italian classics but with a contemporary flair. The service at Zooma is second to none. Make sure to say hello to the manager Armando. His expertise at wine and food pairing is essential to a fabulous dining experience at Zooma.Special Features:
- KB17Dined on 10/24/2014Zooma is a very fine Italian restaurant located on Federal Hill in Providence. It came highly recommended. The place was very busy on Friday night, but we had reservations & the host kept in excellent communication. After a short wait, we were seated at ab excellent table. The food and drinks were wonderful, our waiter was super friendly and helpful, and the host even took time to visit our table. A wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicegidgetDined on 10/19/2014Wasn't up to expectations. The waitress didn't bring bread until I asked for it, took a long time to ask for our drink order and just didn't seem to care. Very disappointed! Food was okay but not greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMichaelDined on 10/16/2014As Always, Zooma hit a home run. Fresh Food created with CareSpecial Features:
- not up to it's usual selfTolieboDined on 10/11/2014We have never been disappointed by Zooma, but this time just wasn't what we were used to. The servers and hosts seemed otherwise occupied. We needed to ask for water, silverware and extra plates that were missing. The food was very good however.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner138RIDined on 10/11/2014Heard through friends about the house made pasta.....the two of us combined ordered soup, salad, antipasti and two pasta dinners......would do it all over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightJimmysdateDined on 9/27/2014May have had a new waitress but she was generally nice. Loved the goat cheese tortolini and the meat lasagna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly placeluv2eatVIPDined on 9/19/2014Our second time dining at Zooma although it has been many years since we first dined there. Our party of four enjoyed our meals, as well as the friendly and attentive service. Our server had a great sense of humor and also never rushed us. We were fortunate to have a corner table away from the hubbub of the main area and were able to have a conversation despite the overall noise.Special Features:
- Very GoodSirExpectalotDined on 9/13/2014Second Time at Zooma Trattoria, not disappointed, seated near a window as requested promptly, Server gave us more than enough time to make up our minds, Roasted Tomato Basil soup was outstanding, Calamari was very good although just warm, servers assistant forgot the shared plates, no biggie, entree's very good as advertised. server forgot the sugar coffee got a little cold as I waited and he kinda just threw them on the table. Understandable in his business as he had other tables and he already made his money. Overall I would return; but there are other places on Federal Hill we would like to try.Special Features:
- Providence Evening3boysmomDined on 9/12/2014Delicious dinner. Waiter was really helpful in selecting dishes and wine, but left us for too long after dinner before returning with check. Still, relaxing and delicious meal. Home made pasta was delicious. salads were fresh and meatballs were fantastic. My son had swordfish, a nice portion and grilled perfectly. My husband had the spicy shrimp and felt that dish was extremely overpriced. Still, a fun evening and happy night by all of us.Special Features:
- Southern Italy in PVD.BruinsRuleVIPDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed a great early Fall night on Federal Hill @ Zooma. Big front windows were open for al fresco ambiance. Initial Old World feel w/ pasta making by hand @ entrance. Interior has a more modern vibe. Signature cocktails pricey at $10-12, but were good. Matt knew the menu and gave good descriptions to help us decide. We split the three way Neapolitan pizza, Gnocchi al Forno, and Swordfish, which wasn't a problem for the staff. Pizza was delicious. Cooked at high heat with crispy crust that was light & fluffy inside. Gnocchi was also light as a cloud with an excellent cream sauce. Swordfish was good, but could have dialed back on salt with the capers. Molten dark chocolate cake w/ vanilla gelato was very good. Creme Brule big but average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional againJeffRDined on 9/11/2014The pasts at Zooma is truly excellent. Every dish is memorable. The service is also top notch. There is never any objection (or charge) for splitting plates or modifying dishes to accommodate dietary restrictions. The service team is always attentive but never in your face. This is one of our very favorite food destinations.Special Features:
- OldYankeeVIPDined on 9/9/2014Great food and service. For some reason, they think it's fun to leave the doors and windows wide open, so that you can have the direct experience of a bus or fire truck as it accelerates only 20 feet from your window-side table. I guess they think that makes it more authentically Italian.Special Features:
- Justmarried60714Dined on 8/31/2014Second time for us; first for our friends. Waiter arrived promptly and was informative. Loved the Bolognese and the Antipasti. Our guests ordered Halibut special which was amazing. Appetizers and dinners arrived in a reasonable amount of time. Dessert was another story. One order of cannolis and one order of the lava cake took over 30 minutes to arrive which sort of ruined the evening. We will return again, but not sure about our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zooma ReviewGoodChoiceDined on 8/30/2014Robust menu featuring a nice blend of vegetarian and meat options. Good service. Server did not rush us; Enjoyed a leisurely two-hour dinner. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great place for casual diningWaltKDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service. Our waiter was a real professional and made some great suggestions. No complaints whatsoever!Special Features:
- ScarletDined on 8/25/2014As always, ZOOMA does not disappoint. Food, service, selection, desserts . . . great and worth repeating as often as you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- federal Hill gem2todineVIPDined on 8/21/2014zooma was recommended to me by a Providence local. I was visiting for the day and wanted a restaurant on Federal Hill for an early dinner. zooma proved too be a nice suprise. my husband ordered a pasta dish and said it was excellent! That is quite a compliment coming from him because he is a pasta snob coming from the NY area. I had the swordfish, which is caught locally. it was very fresh and cooked perfectly . what is also nice is that they give you a sizable portion of FRESH vegetables with your entree which many restaurants do not. If we are ever in Providence again , Zooma will be a definite choice. Not disappointed at all.Special Features:
- I can't wait to go backEllenok2VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food at Zooma is outstanding. As good as what we had in Italy, absolutely. Fresh housemade pastas and sauces. Innovative cuisine, still adhering to Italian perfection but with combinations and ingredients we haven't seen before. Excellent service. I truly can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- So…SoBoebesDined on 8/9/2014I have been to Zooma several times in the past. Needless to say, this time will be my last. The dishes were lack luster and way too salty.
- Spectacular!itterfamVIPDined on 8/8/2014Homemade pasta, prepared daily. Extensive menu, with lots of wonderful choices. Four of us dined here and loved every entree. Friendly server. Service was timed nicely. I would definately go here again. Hands down, the best in Federal Hill.Special Features:
- Great pasta, great ambiancePcfavDined on 7/29/2014Visiting my son who attends college in Providence, Zooma is always our favorite place to have a fantastic dining experience. The fresh pasta is amazing and excellent appetizers. They were also very accommodating to my nephew who ordered a pasta sauce that was not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 270 reviews are from the Zooma reviews archive.
- great experienceMissReviewer4Dined on 7/26/2014Zooma was great. The food was delicious and the service was great. Our open table reservation did not show up at the restaurant, but they still accommodated us without a wait. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tone down the salt!!BostonReviewerDined on 7/26/2014What could have been a great meal turned into just an average. We ordered several entrees with red tomato/marinara sauce. Unfortunately they killed the dishes with sauce that was so over the top salty that it almost was beyond the edible point. Such a shame, especially after I ordered a $55 special pounded bone in veal chop (which the server unfortunately failed to disclose the price of even though it was $20 more than the next most expensive dish on the menu). Also, for an 800 degree brick wood fired oven or the like, we expected the pizza to be a lot crispier. This place has a lot of potential: great menu & homemade pasta, but they are being killed by a sauce that touches almost all their dishes; such a shame as it such an easy fix.Special Features:
- Summer night outPaddyODined on 7/26/2014Great night dining al fresco in Federal Hill. Eggplant appetizer was wonderful, caeser salad good, pasta amazing (particularly since you watch them making it on premises), and chicken piccata delightful. Skipped dessert but good espresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014We needed a quiet spot to spend some conversation time with a good friend who needed to talk and the hostess was wonderful about directing us to a table around the corner from the busier area. Service and food was excellent, as usual. Thank you.Special Features:
- LeeleeDined on 7/18/2014My experience at Zooma was perfect. I was taking my nephew who is a student at Brown out for dinner so that we could visit and catch up. We gave him a choice of three restaurants and he selected Zooma. The restaurant was perfect. The menu is diverse and there was something for everyone. Our service was superb and the food delicious. Two of us had a glass of wine and they did not disappoint. We ere able to visit he noise comfortably as the noise level was low. All in all Zooma is a comfortable, fun place to dine...I look forward to another dinner at that restaurant!
- Homemade pasta!AngelaDined on 7/18/2014I have been here numerous times and it has never failed! I moved from providence but boston but still make trips just to have zooma's pasta! I compare all homemade pastas to the dishes I have at zooma and nothing beats itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date nightnnashDined on 7/12/2014My wine tortellini with goat cheese was amazing. My husband got tuna which was overcooked, but they brought us new one very quickly. We also had a an app that was just ok. Over all nice place, I would go back and try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!pizzagirlDined on 7/8/2014I've been to Zooma several times, for lunch and for dinner. The first time, I had the homemade pasta---the best I've ever had---melt in your mouth fabulous! My husband loved the pizza, and he makes his own dough and is very particular about pizza---well done! This last week, we went to dinner with a client. We all loved our food---my chicken was wonderful, even the next day when I had the other half for lunch. And, best of all, on Tuesdays, the wine is half price. Overall, one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodRodgerDined on 7/7/2014Zooma is a very good restaurant with a focused menu that basically keys in on southern Italian food. The food is well prepared. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Overpriced Bad FoodstillhungryDined on 7/5/2014I have been twice before and it was very good. This time I had the special with a TINY bit of pasta, two shrimp and three littlenecks and it was $32!. There were also house flies everywhere. I'm out...Special Features:
- Very delicious mealLvVvDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I have enjoyed many meals at this establishment. Our meal this past weekend was very good. The swordfish was so fresh and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.