571 Lorimer Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zonarosabrooklyn.com/
- Phone: 9173247423
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm -12:00am
Thursday-Saturday: 5:00pm -1:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ivan Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Menu items can be ordered in large quantities and for any event. Please email us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Great music always! Great people watching!
A word from Zona Rosa
Traditional Mexican food, street food and amazing fresh juice Margaritas in a beautiful and fun setting. Zona Rosa's kitchen it's inside a 1946 Airstream trailer converted into a "Taqueria". We have a roof deck/bar with spectacular Brooklyn views. Our roof deck feels very open and breezy during the summer, making it perfect for sunset watching with friends, and during the winter months is fully heated, warm and cozy, with a snow globe feeling. Our Chef Ivan Garcia is also Chef and owner of nearby MESA COYOACAN, the highest Zagat rated Mexican restaurant in NYC and a Bib Gourmand Michelin "critics favorite" for 4 years on a row. ZONA ROSA pays homage to the bohemian neighborhood of Mexico City with the same name that during the 60's and 70's was the home of many influential Mexican artists and a place where great food and a lust for life was found everywhere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Zona Rosa - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Zona Rosa reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- DelaysShannaHopeVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our sweet waitress was too busy to keep it together. She forgot to put our order in for ceviche. We had to remind her about our appetizer after 45 minutes of waiting. When it finally came out, about an hour and ten minutes after we ordered it was served with our main courses. Frustrated and hungry, I wasn't able to enjoy my dinner. Seeing how disappointed we were, our waitress offered to comp us our guacamole which was insulting. We should have had our entire meal comped. Was really looking forward to dinner at ZR and will never go back again.
- Good food with fresh airbkking82Dined on 9/5/2014Great Mexican food that has both indoor and outdoor seating. Quick service and affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high-quality Mex in great settingmojavejenVIPDined on 9/4/2014I wasn't expecting the food here to be so good. Often places with a fantastic rooftop setting can coast on food, and good Mexican food is hard to find in NYC in general. But everything here was delicious and authentic-tasting to this native Tucsonan. I really appreciate that they care about ingredients and use sustainable meats. We had the queso fundido, ceviche, carne asada tacos and enchiladas de pipian verde and I was impressed by it all. Tortillas were excellent -- that is so hard to find in NYC. Margaritas were perfect. Wow, I hope their standards don't slip when the rooftop inevitably becomes the hot spot in Williamsburg.Special Features:
- Good meal in BrooklynOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Needed a quick bite and drinks before a show and found Zona Rosa to be a decent choice. Menu selection was great and drinks were strong; would have loved to sit on the top patio as requested a month previous but the much smaller street level patio provided some local flavor as well. Do order any of the tacos - great presentation with the homemade salsas. Cactus side dish was unique and tasty. Don't order the burger, unless you just want a regular old burger. Would visit again for appetizers and drinks.Special Features:
- Great vibe!!RobspylerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Awesome find!! Fun hang with my family. Service was spot on. The Drinks and food were amazing! Happy mouth all night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert A Must!ChocolateTresLecheDined on 8/1/2014Hands down the best part of the meal was Chocolate Tres Leche cake- absolutely divine. The meal itself (enmoladas) and the margaritas were good, although nothing to rave about. I think this place based on its' location and outdoor seating, knows it doesn't need to rely heavily on its' service and food to keep business popping. While I will admit one of the individuals in my party of 3, was difficult and ended up sending back something, the overall feel of the staff was a little snooty. I would return here simply to grab coffee and the chocolate tres leche cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Mexican SpotFooddawgDined on 7/20/2014When the kitchen is a vintage airstream trailer you know that the spot has to be cool. Nice contemporary interpretation of classic Mexican food with tasty drinks and decent prices. All in all a great spot to hang out and have some good food at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable MealmommiemorrisDined on 5/31/2014We went on a Saturday night and felt fortunate to be able to get a table for 6 at the last minute. Sat downstairs in the main area and the decor was rather no-frills for my taste (reminded me of a Ft. Lauderdale beach bar, sat on hard bench with a flat cushion that moved around a lot). If the weather had been nicer, I might have wanted to sit outside, but the outdoor seating all seemed to face a heavily trafficked street. The table next to ours was a really loud group of young women celebrating a bachelorette party. The menu had lots of options and the food was quite good, so no complaints. But, as the evening wore on the music was cranked up so loud that I couldn't my friends speaking to me. I recommend it for a festive outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fresh Mexican FoodScoutDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful dinner with the freshest ingredients I've ever tasted at a NYC Mexican restaurant. The portions were perfect, not overstuffed like so many other places. Terrific hostess, waitress and overall staff. Can't wait to return, again and again.Special Features:
- mixed feelingsmastereaterDined on 5/31/2014Food was ok. But $14 for three tiny tacos is absolutely crazySpecial Features:
- Good restaurant but could do betterValFromParisVIPDined on 5/23/2014We were a party of 5, a bit packed on a small table. We tried tacos and ceviche, the food was good but we were a bit disapointed by the ceviche.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Zona Rosa reviews archive.
- greatGP10Dined on 5/17/2014love everything about the place, wish they offered more for dessert, otherwise awesome place.Special Features:
- Great for a night out.mvynneDined on 5/16/2014The restaurant itself is really cute outside and inside. The food was great. We loved the queso fundido with chorizo and the steak tacos. Portions are smaller and the margaritas are great, so its a great restaurant option for the first stop on a night out. I also love their sister restaurant, so I don't think you can go wrong here food-wise.Special Features:
- Great for Summer and Margaritas!cBoLaVieDined on 5/12/2014The restaurant is great for outdoor drinks/dinner and kick back. The ambiance could be much better if they were to play more latino music than pop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific addition to the hoodJLK100VIPDined on 5/11/2014I love sister restaurant Mesa Coyoacan so I had high hopes for Zona Rosa. It lived up to my expectations. Great food and drink, cool roof deck. Lovely service.Special Features:
- Excellent TacosKarenBDined on 5/5/2014We enjoyed a recent dinner at Zona Rosa. The tacos were delish, the margaritas lovely and the vibe very nice. We had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish tacos everPopsadaisyDined on 4/26/2014Gorgeous roof top, but unfort they don't take reservations for it. The fish tacos are amazing.Special Features:
- Nice brunch spotlashelizVIPDined on 4/13/2014The food was good, portions a bit small for the price. It was great for brunch and hanging out with friends in a relaxed place. I could see it getting packed during busy times and maybe a little cramped. Overall a nice place with good food.Special Features:
- MehAdh2461Dined on 4/4/2014The margaritas were decent. The food was just okay. Portions were small. The service was terrible. They forgot to give us menus. Then forgot to take one person's order. Then forgot to bring drinks. And it was all overpriced.Special Features:
- Took my date there to haveColombianFoodieDined on 3/1/2014Took my date there to have diner. She loved it. The food was good as well as the service As an interior designer, the decor was super coolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speed Dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014A very good menu. Food tasted delicious. The environment is pleasant, unfortunately not welcoming in a way you would expect. Great smiles at the first minute, a second the only mission of the waiters is to get you out of the restaurant as quickly as possible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingScotto76VIPDined on 2/11/2014This place is deceptively cool. It looks a little strange from the outside, but inside it's a happening place with good service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not big on big partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014We went there for my moms bday and it was a big party, sercice wasnt so great and we took our own cake, they cut it for us and didn't even ask if we wanted the rest of the cake we didnt didn't eatSpecial Features:
- fun place, pretty good foodbkfoodsterDined on 1/24/2014totally enjoyable experience, place was busy and a little noisy but we ate upstairs on the enclosed deck which was more pleasant. had a drink at the bar as our table was prepped, bartender was attentive, drinks were good. upstairs service was good, attentive without being intrusive/annoying. bean dip and chips could have been skipped but the fish tacos were incredibly good. will definitely be back, looking forward to the roof deck in spring.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013It's hard to describe feeling welcomed at a restaurant but that's exactly what this was like. Excellent service! Their green enchiladas are mouthwatering. Super cool atmosphere, vibe but then again what else would you expect in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Dinner / 7.30pmsmlopezVIPDined on 12/21/2013Since we had tickets to a gig in the bowery, we had dinner a bit earlier than normail. The restaurant was fairly quiet downstairs - the rooftop and decks were busier. The cocktails (house pineapple margs) were strong but smooth. the fish tacos were a big hit and the guacamole, was probably one of the best Ive had, btwn BK & Manh (and Im an LA native) Overall - really quite pleased w dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.