Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - St. Louis
1701 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
Saint Louis, MO 63131Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?storeId=07/SL
- Phone: 3149945050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Stark
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - St. Louis
Appetite for excellence. Take lunching to the next level at The Zodiac®, our elegant restaurant at Neiman Marcus St. Louis. Retreat to a fine-dining atmosphere with modern flair. Taste one of our exquisite entrée selections or experience the famous Mandarin Orange Soufflé. Lunch inside to enjoy our contemporary art collection, or dine outdoors on our charming, umbrella-shaded patio. Expect unique, delectable dishes with exceptional service that continues to be a tradition at Neiman Marcus. Let The Zodiac® host your next Baby or Bridal Shower. We have the perfect menu and atmosphere for you and your guests. Consider our dining room for your next bridal or baby shower. We cater to your needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - St. Louis - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (16)good for groups (8)great for brunch (7)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Zodiac RoomGigartistDined on 9/25/2014Great atmosphere for quiet lunches with good friends & groups. Terrific food & service, but they want you out by 2:30!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Great food, high quality service. Will be frequenting this restaurant in the future. A bit pricey, but good for special occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing!amazingDined on 8/16/2014The Zodiac Room is a wonderful venue for that special lunch. The service is simply amazing.Special Features:
- Awesome Celebration5PromoDined on 8/10/2014Buffy was absolutely awesome. Love this place! Such a tradition. The food was amazing along with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Lunch SpotJKBHVIPDined on 8/3/2014We love the Chicken Salad, popovers with strawberry butter and chicken broth and fresh fruit. It is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but goodstlfoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014I love food - and definitely don't mind paying for it but, while brunch here was good...I'm not sure it was $20+ salad good. Its a nice spot for the ladies lunch....and I do like the addition of nutritional content for the menu.Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - St. Louis reviews archive.
- The ZodiacOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014I met my mother for lunch here. It was quiet, which is nice. The popovers were delicious, as they always are. I was a little disappointed in the atmosphere - it didn't feel quite as polished as I had been expecting. Our waitress was amiable, and the food came out in good time and was very tasty. I would visit again, but I won't feel like obligated to dress as nicely again. I wouldn't wear ripped jeans and a t-shirt, but some dark tailored jeans or slacks and a nice top will do fine.Special Features:
- Nice for Girls Lunch dateLivingthegoodlifeDined on 4/26/2014We went for a special girls day out lunch. The wine list & specialty drinks were superb. My guest had the crab bisque & it was outstanding. The Chicken Salad was very disappointing. Honestly a supermarket deli would have something better. Very plain & forgettable. There was a group there for a bridal shower & they were quite loud. The waiter did apologize & it certainly was out of his control. Overall the food was overpriced for the quality & portions. I would certainly try them again. The service was great.Special Features:
- Quiet with excellent serviceDenaliVIPDined on 4/8/2014The only disappointing thing about my lunch at Zodiac is that they no longer offer the Salad Trio - chicken, shrimp, and a green salad. However, the rest of the menu is great. This is a great place for lunch, and to talk privately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedGigiDined on 4/8/2014I'm never disappointed here! Great place for ladies lunch! Food always good, especially the popovers!Special Features:
- Neiman Marcus is always ourVickyDined on 4/4/2014Neiman Marcus is always our go to restaurant for lunch. I would prefer another server next time...Buffy would not be my choice for a server...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunchJKBHVIPDined on 3/30/2014Our favorite for lunch for years. The Mandrian Orange Soufflé' with the chicken salad is the best along with the popovers and strawberry jam with the chicken broth.Special Features:
- Service was only ok even thoughTfrocusVIPDined on 3/1/2014Service was only ok even though it was not busy. Nice waiter but not very attentive ... would forget to answer questions asked. Very pricey salmon salad but not spectacular taste or presentation that would expect for that price. Go to say you've been but dont worry about making a repeat visit.Special Features:
- Our experience at the ZodiacVickyDined on 2/27/2014Our experience at the Zodiac room in Neiman Marcus was outstanding as usual. The food is delicious and our server was wonderful. Actually, I requested this server as he is always so appropriate and attentive!!! This is our favorite place to "lunch". We have friends coming in town early April and we plan on taking them to the Zodiac room at Neiman Marcus for lunch!! Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2014This was my first visit and the choice of my sister in law. For my lunch, I chose the medley with chicken salad. The beer cheese soup was delicious, the chicken salad bland, the fruit portion skimpy. The complimentary popovers were appreciated because otherwise, I would have left hungry. My friend and I had a long, leisurely lunch interrupted 12-15 times by two models. They were friendly, nice, young women but stopping at our table to talk with us became extremely annoying "here they come again!" I don't plan to return.
- splurge lunchangelDined on 2/17/2014elegant setting , great for conversation & a drink with lunchSpecial Features:
- Easy accessMissDVIPDined on 2/14/2014We took my mom and her friend for Valentines lunch. This is a great place to take a senior on an icy day since parking is underground. I had the mushroom ravioli this time and it was lovely. terrific wine sauce! The elderly ladies were delighted and there was no wait due to Open Table. Nathan, the host, is a gem! He knows how to take care of you and deal with people graciously. Our server was also excellent. You can't go wrong booking a lunch at The Zodiac Room. Everything is super fresh and the chef is creative not just assembling pre-bagged restaurant supply items. Very feminine atmosphere where you can have a conversation without music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our favorite lunchVickyDined on 2/14/2014Always our favorite lunch spot!!! Love all that the Zodiak room is about!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Ladies Who Lunch....MissDVIPDined on 2/9/2014My daughter and I wanted to have a light brunch and explore some of Jo Malone's scents at Neiman Marcus on a dreary Sunday afternoon in February. We do not generally hang out at malls and shopping at Neimans is not in our everyday budget. But, I have often loved meeting friends or going to showers at the Zodiac Room. It's a soft environment and there is one item that I cannot find anywhere else.....POPOVERS!! Those from the Zodiac Room are perfection! The raspberry butter is not too sweet and it never matters to me what else I eat! Our server was charming and knew how to make our brunch totally delightful. We had the crab cakes eggs Benedict and it was perfect. The new Spring menu is about to blossom, so we will surely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Girls GirlsMcCoyDined on 1/22/2014Great spot for meeting up with that great friend you haven't seen in a while. By the way, there was a not a man in the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/22/2014Took an elderly friend to lunch, location was easy to get to and we both had very tasty food, great service and food was very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zodiac Room not just for shoppersOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/7/2014Food and service are always first rate. It is a great place for a business lunch. Wonderful spacing between tables, never feel rushed, well trained staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll go backgigiDined on 1/3/2014Service was friendly and attentive. I had best steak sandwich ever. I'll go back. However, I was miffed at the way we were treated when we arrived. No hostess in view. It was several minutes of awkward standing around waiting for something to happen, and no recognition of the fact that we had a reservation. Hostess offered to take our coats after we got to the table. A better reception area would take care of these problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- popover heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Love the popovers and chicken broth cups greeting as soon as your seated!!! don't ever change thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very disappointingSabremanDined on 12/24/2013Our waiter Tom was a joke. We asked for champagne cocktail and was told out of pomm syrup. Ten minutes later, we saw another waiter delivering a champagne cocktail to another table. When we asked our waiter about it, he lied and told us some lame excuse which we actually caught him in. Loved the food, ambience, and general atmosphere but the service was a joke. Whatever our waiter Tom was asked to do, he screwed it up. Normally we are very patient patrons but my partners mother came in town for Xmas and we went to Zodiac for our annual Xmas eve lunch and were very, very, very disappointed...don't know if we will ever return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome holiday traditionFrequentDinerVIPDined on 12/23/2013Great spot for lunch! Wonderful food, atmosphere, and service. A perfect meeting spot for girls lunch or a date spot while out for a day of shopping. Chicken broth and popovers with strawberry butter are a fabulous start....then a great chocolate mint to conclude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with the girlsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/22/2013The Zodiac is a classic. The popovers and strawberry butter are always served hot, the salads are innovative and fresh. There is enough updated fare for the menu to be "current" but it is balanced with tried and true items for those of us who lunched here with our mothers and grandmothers remember and loved. There are entrees that are heartier in case you are wanting something a bit more satisfying. The drinks are excellent, and the dessert selection is yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013This was my second time at the Zodiac Room and the service and food was consistent - EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas lunch with AuntMelloDined on 12/19/2013Easy to make and confirm reservation. Friendly staff. Great service. The best part , truffle chicken pot pie. We always think buillion and popovers make the meal special. This trip was a holiday lunch, the atmosphere was bland compared to all the customers dressed in red and white, but the special Rudolph cocktail helped. I like attention to detail and we were so full dessert was out of he question but a small signature dessert would have left me leave happier the chocolate help fill that void. Thanks for a lovely lunch. See you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun time by allgo2lunchDined on 12/17/2013This was a special lunch ocassion and we really enjoyed it!! It has that "special" feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and lovely lunch spotswellsDined on 12/6/2013Neiman's Zodiac is a jewel. From the elegant atmosphere to the delicious food and friendly staff, this is a wonderful place for a business or leisure lunch. The menu has something for everyone, including lower-calorie options and calorie info. is included, which is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaxxtMaxxtDined on 11/16/2013Our server was wonderful. Popovers yummy. Very enjoyable luncheon experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeDonnaDined on 10/31/2013It's a wonderful "feel good" place for lunch--very relaxing and pleasant with great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZodiacLuncherVIPDined on 10/16/2013Great spot to meet a friend for lunch and do some shopping!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had such a lovely waitress...makesEllenVIPDined on 6/27/2013Had such a lovely waitress...makes a nice differenceSpecial Features:
- Great place to meet for lunchiluvzinDined on 6/15/2013From the broth to the popovers and then your meal, you will not leave hungry! Service was impeccable. The ice tea is a mango/peach flavor so be prepared if you don't like that taste but its excellent if you do. Please keep in mind this restaurant is located inside Nieman Marcus and is only open for a few hours for lunch each day. Prices are a little high for lunch but all the extras make it worth it.Special Features: