Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - San Diego
7027 Friars Road
San Diego, CA 92108Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?storeId=16/SD
- Phone: 6195424450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - San Diego
Appetite for excellence. Take lunching to the next level at The Zodiac®, our elegant restaurant at Neiman Marcus San Diego. Retreat to a fine-dining atmosphere with an innovative menu selection. Taste one of our exquisite seasonal entrée selections or experience the famous Mandarin Orange Soufflé. Enjoy beautiful San Diego weather on our charming outdoor patio. It's the perfect choice for any special occasion or for turning an ordinary day into something wonderful. Let The Zodiac® host your next Baby or Bridal Shower. We have the perfect menu for you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Mission Valley ›
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- WildernessmarieDined on 8/22/2014This was our first experience at Zodiac. We came specifically for dining excluding shopping. Service was impeccable and all around enjoyable peaceful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch @ ZodiacPattDined on 8/14/2014Always enjoyable venue to visit over lunch with good friends and excellent cuisine. Our server is consistently efficient and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthdays are not important there.BMan1008Dined on 7/23/2014I made my reservations through open table and contacted The restaurant (Anthony) to add that there was a birthday at my table. We were seated and greated in a good amount of time. Server seemed flustered being that the restaurant was full and there only was 3 waiters and one table attendant. Our waiter forgot to bring sugar to the table so we asked someone else. Crabcale was served and was delicious but waiter only came back to table when appetizer was finished. The Shrimp Salad was good but my steak sandwich that I ordered with Sweet Potato Fries came out so cold that they seemed as if they were from a refrigerator. No one checked on our entrees again. Finally, my guest's birthday was not acknowledged and we were given the bill. Not happy!
- The following 26 reviews are from the Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - San Diego reviews archive.
- EddiVIPDined on 5/14/2014Great place for lunch with friends! Food consistently good. Appreciate making reservations.Special Features:
- Great food, great ambienceJosephVIPDined on 5/11/2014The best part of the Zodiac restaurant at Neiman Marcus is the ability to get away from the hustle bustle of the shoppers and enjoy the quiet ambience, attentive service and great food in a convenient locale. The restaurant lends itself to easy conversation and lingering relaxation - a wonderful choice of menu entrees to top it off!Special Features:
- Cool place to go.JourneyVIPDined on 5/10/2014The place is neat, the menu is different than all others I have seen. All the dishes have chef's twist in it to make it stand out and it's refreshing to see so much creativity in food. Definitely going back again!Special Features:
- OverpricedBellaHoDined on 5/4/2014I paid $26 for what they considered a filet. It was less than 1" thick, tough, and chewy. I will not eat at this restaurant again.
- Great Place to MeetFireandRainVIPDined on 5/3/2014If you're in the Fashion Valley Mall or anywhere in Mission Valley and would like a quiet,classy place to meet I always try to think of the Zodiac...service is always great.Special Features:
- Great for Lunch & ShoppingAjennDined on 5/2/2014I love this little restaurant. My grandmother took my mother and my mother took me. The food and service is outstanding. I love that they serve popovers instead of bread. It is always my first choice when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fine...that's it.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014The experience was just fine. Nothing special. The wait staff were a bit aloof. No, I would never recommend it. The food was good as it should be but nothing over the top. It was nice and quiet and I did not feel rushed to eat or leave which were its best points.
- Best Lunch in the MallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Brought a friend for his first time and he loved it. Quick service, frienly and observent. Food was delelcious and we will continue to have lunch there when visiting the mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicemrsbinxDined on 2/12/2014Anthony the Manager is the best!! the Waiter was exceptional. Great place to enjoy a quiet lunch with great food!! We will go back there again next month for our Ladies Lunch ClubSpecial Features:
- Ballistic Experience!PattDined on 2/10/2014There were three women (60's/70's) meeting for lunch which we do on a regular basis. The meal had just begun when "bam" something struck the table with tremendous force and bounced onto the floor scaring not only us but the two women at the adjacent table. It was the rim from the sprinkler head over our table. It literally jettisoned down! Fortunately no one was hurt, but it was a close call. Lingering after our table was cleared to chat, the hostess brought us each a NM chocolate chip cookie! We found it amusing as I think our lunch being comped would have been more appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food - Poor serviceChefgirlVIPDined on 1/27/2014We dined last week and sadly what was going to be a lovely ladies lunch with my granddaughter was dampened by the poor service we received from Jose. Jose appeared to be uninterested and possibly unhappy with his job that day. The lunch seemed to be rushed along as well. We had requested David , which we had, had as a waiter the week before who is always wonderful! David was suggested to us by the Mitchells and Parisa's who come and dine once a week. David was off that day. The food was as always wonderful. We had the Crab Cakes and salad. The best I have had! We will be back, just will make sure we pass on Jose's section.Special Features:
- The Zodiac never disappointsWKRPVIPDined on 1/20/2014When planning a birthday lunch for a girlfriend, the Zodiac was a no-brainer. Our waiter David was, as always, phenomenal; personable, attentive, professional, warm and welcoming. The food was not only presented as works of art, but was delish. From start to finish, a treat. The Zodiac will continue to be a favorite go-to!Special Features:
- yearly traditionElizabethDined on 1/3/2014it has become a yearly tradition in our family. I spend the winter in San Diego and treat my two granddaughters to lunch at the Restaurant. When quite young, they were amazed at the popovers with strawberry butter. now they are college students and the popovers are still an attraction as is the Bistro Salad and Club sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really like this placeshesdopeVIPDined on 12/18/2013A quality restaurant. Good food. I really love the chicken consume. It makes me happy. The service is great. They will make anything you ask, even if it's not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beginingsLorraineDined on 12/16/2013I love the broth as the starter and the popovers are really good! The orange souffle salad is my favorite. The entire menu is very good and will continue to go there for lunch when I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFSUWizDined on 12/6/2013Nice venue, but the food was a disappointment. Two of us had the barbeque shrimp wrap and felt that it wasn't as described on the menu. Very bland. Supposed to have wasabi mayo, but there was nothing spicy or barbequed about it. In retrospect, we should have sent it back or asked for something else. The service was great. Parking was difficult.
- Our special occasion spotmonicanDined on 12/4/2013We feel special in this intimate spot....great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!JourneyVIPDined on 11/9/2013The place was on top of the clothing store and kind of hard to find... However, as soon as you walked in, you would be surprised with the neat decor! The staffs were professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Our waitress was making awesome suggestions and you can tell that she really listened to what you want to make her suggestions. The food was AMAZING!! They brought you chicken broth and little cheese cracker while you are reading the menu and those were delicious. The plating was interesting and beautiful, it makes you want to eat more by looking at it!:) We had the chocolate pudding for dessert and it was really close to Chef Gordon Ramsay's sticky toffee pudding! We would definitely go back again SOON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT LUNCHlindafoodieDined on 11/1/2013We enjoyed our lunch during a recent shopping trip. The service was excellent and attentive. The food was very good for a cafe in a major retail store. We would definitely come back!Special Features:
- The food was delicious, butBigSurFriendVIPDined on 9/21/2013The food was delicious, but we do suggest not over cooking the salmon, as it was with both in the salad and the entree.Special Features:
- Nice place for lunch.PolsDined on 9/13/2013Always great to have a nice restaurant within a shopping area. The food is creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for LunchLunchingladyDined on 8/7/2013Zodiac is the best spot I have found for a quiet lunch with reasonable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ladies'LunchLovesaladsDined on 6/10/2013Quiet elegance, great popovers, decent choice of salads, reasonably quiet, nice service, less costly than you might expect.Special Features:
- Request ignoredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2013I asked for a quiet secluded booth and we were given a table right in the middle of the room. We asked to change and were moved to a quiet booth. It seems that no one took the time to read my request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy eating at Zodiac,StefanieDined on 5/25/2013Always enjoy eating at Zodiac, love the amuse bouche! Great for a lunch with girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shopping and ZodiacSVLunchVIPDined on 4/26/2013The entire staff was very accomodating. Food was excellent. Desserts were to die for. If you are shopping and you would like to relax and have a wonderful lunch, take a break at Zodiac.