Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Fort Worth
2100 Green Oaks Road
Fort Worth, TX 76116Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?storeId=03/FW
- Phone: 8179894650
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Fort Worth
Escape to an inviting atmosphere of quiet sophistication at The Zodiac® Neiman Marcus Fort Worth. Opened as the Hedges Restaurant in 1976, the name was changed in 1995 to have a more similar identity with the other restaurants throughout Neiman Marcus. We are known for our understated elegance with our contemporary artwork, crisp linens, and cobalt blue glassware offset by the wall of windows with a courtyard-garden view. The Zodiac is a respite from a hectic day of shopping or a place to celebrate life's special occasions. Expect unique, delectable dishes with exceptional service that continues to be a tradition at Neiman Marcus. Let The Zodiac® host your next Baby or Bridal Shower. We have the perfect menu for you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)special occasion (8)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Gracious serviceDiningoutVIPDined on 9/6/2014Today I enjoyed a solid performance from the staff. My filet was cooked to order and the business was brisk. It was entertaining to watch a table of ladies who were relishing the moment and celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I miss The Hedges of times gone byNickieDined on 9/5/2014A chicken paillard isn't typically breaded nor does it sit in a bed of tomatoe sauce. But that's how they serve it at this Neimans location. Our waiter, however well intentioned was working too much of the room therefore our service was very slow.
- Off the mark todayDiningoutVIPDined on 8/16/2014For a variety of reasons, my experience today was a disappointment. Like most restaurants at the NM stores tradition is important. The initial serving of my selection did not meet my expectations, but to their credit it was supplemented after I voiced displeasure. I still recommend the restaurant, realizing this was not the usual experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid performanceDiningoutVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great service today, and my entree was prepared with perfection. The staff here work exceedingly well together as a team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableDiningoutVIPDined on 7/26/2014Today, two of us tried slightly different items both of which were outstanding. The special featured pecan-crusted salmon and grilled shrimp served with fresh mashed potatoes, and other vegetables. I opted for a variation of the salmon entree modifying the way it is normally prepared. The staff was very accommodating and gracious. Desserts all looked tempting and my friend opted to try the creme brulee which was excellent. It was a great experience and I look forward to returning soon. The continuity of the wait staff makes this one of my all time favorite destinations, its certainly worth a trip from Dallas or beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long-time favoriteDiningoutVIPDined on 7/19/2014It was great to visit today. There were several items on the menu that were tempting. I like some of the traditional items as well as some of the featured items. Today I opted for the Filet Mignon, which was cooked to order, but I modified one of the sides. The popovers and broth were good as always, and the service I received was excellent as always. The restaurant is fortunate to have a staff that is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Fort Worth reviews archive.
- Good DininggospursDined on 5/31/2014While the dining was great, this survey form sucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!photochick74Dined on 5/30/2014The food is consistently fresh and tasty. The service is always top notch but can be very slow at times. At lunch, plan on staying there for about two hours if you are in a large group. Worth it, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for group lunchKrissyBooDined on 5/15/2014My lunch bunch ate here on a Thursday. This is at Neimans in Ridgmar Mall in Fort Worth, TX. It was so easy to make reservations via Open Table. The food was great as usual with the traditional chicken stock that flowed freely into our demitas cups and the strawberry butter and popovers. They had no problem with separate checks. The manager, Tom, took great care of us and so did our requested waitress, Sandra. The food was so beautiful be it the lentil meatball soup, the shrimp salad, a sandwich that I took photos of those works of art.Special Features:
- Good but limited menu2truwheelsDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our meal overall. Hushed so talking is easy. Lots of full meal salads but limited heavier meal choices.Special Features:
- Special placeEnchantedDined on 5/9/2014NM Zodiac room is a tradition with my mother and myself. What more perfect than to celebrate Morher's Day weekend with my mom and my sister and myself. It was lovely. Great food and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. We really enjoyed our waitress. Very special overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Little Tea RoomAledo99Dined on 4/1/2014Zodiac is a wonderful little Tea Room with surprisingly good food and service. The salads that we ordered offered the number of calories on the menu, which was very helpful. The Grilled Shrimp Salad was amazing...340 calories! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service from SandraatarifundotcomDined on 3/28/2014Excellent Service from Sandra, personalized and funny and thoughful making you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedJaneDined on 2/19/2014Service was pushy: with no crowd in sight, the waiter repeatedly attempted to take the order rather than allow a leisurely pace. The broth was offered and was luke warm……and was not refilled. The popover was also not hot and was not good. The entree of grilled cheese was not up to past standards: half full and not flavorful. A very expensive lunch which was ordinary at best. Did not meet the historical standards of the restaurant.
- Dependable as usualtxdinerDined on 12/27/2013Zodiac is always a great place to grab lunch and visit. Never lets you down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013I took a friend of mine here for lunch to celebrate her birthday. The food was fabulous! However, the service was just awful! Simply because of the terrible service, I would not recommend this spot. It was mildly busy but from the moment we sat down... it took almost 12 minutes to get a glass of water. We could not find our waitress to get silverware to eat. All the while waiting while our food was getting cold. Then we had to get up and flag down someone to get our check. I would recommend they make some changes to their customer service!
- Sooo disappointed !reviewDined on 12/21/2013Have been a customer all my life & daughters life. Really tired food. Not well prepared- chicken salad almost tasted spoiled. Cake dry. It was my Grandaughters first time. Really wanted it special especially for the $$$$ REALLY disappointed
- Allow plenty of timeDiningoutVIPDined on 12/21/2013The Zodiac, or as I prefer to call it, "The Hedges" has long been a favorite of mine. The staff is consistently outstanding, but today was an unfortunate off day. On ordering, I made it known that I was in a rush, which just seemed to slow things down. My very specific instructions about the items I ordered apparently were either not heard or not understood. The really bright spot on this visit was the anticipation of being able to order some old favorites on a special menu. Sadly the preparation did not seem the same, even though the staff has remained the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast with Santa not GoodsallyDined on 12/21/2013Our family tradition has been to meet Santa at 'Breakfast with Santa' for a few years now. This year, I invited friends to join us on our special and memorable tradition. Sadly, we were all let down by the experience. The breakfast was much much smaller than years past. Not even enough on the adult plate to fill us up. I am a small lady, but come on. We spend quite a lot each plate. When Santa came in, he didn't ask our table full of kids what they wanted or if they had been good. It was just good morning and smile for a picture with me for your mom. Every year, Santa brings a Neiman's ornament to each kid, but not this year. So that created a loss of Christmas excitement on the kids faces. There were no balloon souveniers either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Zodiac Room!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013The perfect place for a special lunch! The popovers and strawberry butter are absolutely perfect and the service is always amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our special treatBgirlsDined on 12/17/2013This was our special treat to ourselves and to each other! So glad we went there. Felt very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not at their best.RoyKDined on 12/14/2013As regular customers of Neimans my wife and I dine here often. The day we dined was during the weekend of the Fort Worth's store's 50th anniversary celebration. The whole experience was completely chaotic. I can only assume that the restaurant management was unprepared for the crowds and did not staff appropriately.Special Features:
- Fun Christmas TraditionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Almost 30 years ago, my step-mother started a tradition of meeting for lunch and shopping at Neiman's for Christmas for the female members of the family. She is no longer with us and we are reviving the tradition, this is our second year and as always, you meet and exceed expectations. Makala (I think I'm remembering her name correctly) was wonderful and she had extra hands helping by (I'm assuming) the manager. He was fantastic, every time I looked up he was helping where needed to make the day outstanding for all your guests!! I can't wait for my next luncheon there.Special Features:
- Ladies Lunch or Special BrunchmarymacDined on 11/30/2013Loved Zodiac at NM! Do wish they still offered quiche but the soup, petite greek salad & sandwiches were delicious! The orange soufflé was brilliant! The waitstaff was extraordinary & overall an outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingckileyVIPDined on 11/27/2013I've been here a few times for both the buffet and the menu and have never had a bad experience. It has a great feel from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsGeneDined on 9/26/2013The food is wonderful, the service impeccable, a place where you can hear each other talk...The Zodiac is always a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RenewHardToImpressDined on 6/20/2013I chose The Zodiac as the perfect place to meet with a high school friend I had not seen in years. It was mid way distancee for us and I knew the food was excellent. This time the noise level was A little high other than that it was a wonderful 3 hr lunch!Special Features:
- Good overall, but no desirable desslobeareatsoutDined on 6/15/2013It was a good day at Zodiac. I wasn't impressed with the seats. Very hard for seniors to sit in, they rocked (literally) and were hard to push up to the table. The food was good, but my first popover was cold. Main course was great. Dessert (the strawberryshortcake) had good flavor, but the biscuit it was served with was hard to eat and didn't give that light "shortcake" type of feel. Overall it was a good meal, but for where it resides (Neiman Marcus), they should improve a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.