Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Chicago
737 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?store
- Phone: 3126944050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Grant Carey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Chicago
Take lunching to the next level at The Zodiac®, our elegant restaurant at Neiman Marcus Michigan Avenue. Retreat to a fine-dining atmosphere with an innovative menu selection. Taste one of our exquisite seasonal entrée selections or experience the famous Mandarin Orange Soufflé. Or, simply sip a cocktail while checking out the latest fashions, sporting events, or up-to-the minute news on the flat-screen TVs at our full-service bar. It's the perfect choice for any special occasion or for turning an ordinary day into something wonderful.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Always a great place for a " ladies lunch" Complimentary Popovers and strawberry butter the best-- cup of broth a cute pick me up ( though didn't get on our last visit?!!?) A number of good salads and specials Like the nutritional information givenSpecial Features:
- Perfect lunchAMBChicagoVIPDined on 7/19/2014We love to take our grandchildren here. The service is lovely and the booths are perfect for five or six people. You can corral the children on the inside. They have a great children's menu and their adult selections are varied from salad, sandwiches and a burger, to fish and lovely desserts. We have always had excellent food and service at the restaurant and we highly recommend it not only for the Ladies who Lunch, but also couples, and families.Special Features:
- Special ocassionallyDenieVIPDined on 7/7/2014Our group was bidding farewell to a friend who is moving out of town. We had a private side room which was perfect. The staff was extremely good and we especially appreciated their special services for this ocassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LuncheonFood4funDined on 6/27/2014A more varied menu than in the old "Tea Room" days. A few old favorites, but not just for ladies anymore. Our service was excellent, and the linens and china make it special. Listing calories and nutritional values is helpful. A little pricey, but a nice treat.Special Features:
- elegant and relaxingAZMDDined on 6/13/2014Met an old friend who had not been here before. She loved having a table by the window that felt the rest of the world went away around our conversation! The prices looked high for lunch, but there are salad and sandwich choices that are more reasonable. My croque madame was great, with a frisee salad and fruit to go with all the caloric (but yummy) fries and cheese. Love meeting friends there for long conversation, great service, and of course, those popovers and broth to start.Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Zodiac at Neiman Marcus - Chicago reviews archive.
- Nice ambiance, food disappointingJaneseamoreDined on 5/3/2014The food was pretty disappointing for the price. We went for lunch and though the ambiance is quite pleasant, nothing seemed very fresh. I'd go for tea. It does have a nice little area for a group. But if you are looking for good food, there are much better places to eat for the same price...like Rosebud on Rush.Special Features:
- A haven for lunchallisoinDined on 4/30/2014I was lucky enough to be visiting Chicago, a city with many great restaurants, in April. Where to go for lunch when you are a woman on a business trip and need not only good food, but comfort and great surroundings while dining alone? Zodiac exceeded my expectations on all levels. The staff at Zodiac is so warm, friendly and welcoming. The food is beautifully presented, fresh and wonderful. I never eat dessert but could't resist a classic white cake - wedding cake. It was worth every single calorie. The space itself is filled with light, modern, open and sophisticated. And it doesn't hurt that when you leave find yourself in the greatest store in America.Special Features:
- new to meDebiVIPDined on 4/16/2014Great food and great service. Loved the rolls and homemade souoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasionRuthiDined on 4/14/2014We always enjoy the view, the quiet, and the consistently delicious lunch. I had requested a special window seat but was given a corner table. We asked and were given a better table however, because it was an event, I had wished we had not had to request a better table. We had reservations for 11:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchAMBChicagoVIPDined on 4/4/2014The place is gorgeous, the food excellent and the service superb. They start by giving you the best popovers with strawberry butter and a small cup of chicken stock. Absolutely lovely. I had scallops with an asparagus risotto and my guest had the Baja salad. My dish came with four large scallops as was very hearty. Both were absolutely delicious. We asked for a quiet table so we could chat and they put us in the corner which was perfect. This is just a wonderful place for a nice lunch away from the hustle and bustle of Michigan Avenue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Who LunchLivingforflavorVIPDined on 3/27/2014When my mom wanted to have lunch in the area, I remembered there was a restaurant at Neiman Marcus, where we were shopping. I went to open table on my phone and quickly made a reservation. We loved it! The food was perfect, the staff accommodating, and the environment elegant. It was an unexpected treat! Highly recommend for lunch, though not inexpensive, it was reasonable for what we received, which was a lot of attention to detail.Special Features:
- classy lunch spotrhwinendineVIPDined on 2/21/2014I've been wanting to dine at Zodiac for years but haven't had the opportunity until recently. A friend and i had a nice Friday lunch which included the special shrimp salad. the room is large and bright with windows. Server was attentive which is good for lunch when leisure dining was not an option. I look forward to returning sooner than later.Special Features:
- Popover HeavenmumseyDined on 1/31/2014The Bistro Salad was remarkable. The service wonderful. What a great way to treat yourself for no special occasion - just life and Neimans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2013I have never been disappointed in the Zodiac. I usually have lunch there and it is always quiet. However, this being the holiday season, the restaurant was filled and therefore, very noisy. My two friends and I had the scallops and they were delicious. We all enjoyed our lunches and one friend... who had never been there, remarked she would return...when it was less noisy.Special Features:
- Classic Department Store RestaurantSamanthaCDined on 12/17/2013Ladies who lunch seem to be the core customers for Zodiac. I also recommend it for business lunches. The food was classic, very fresh, and appealed to my fellow companions, who ranged in age from their 20s to 40s. The space is open and sunny, but you can actually speak to one another without yelling or worrying about others overhearing you. If you need to actually have a conversation with a business partner or want a leisurely lunch, Zodiac is on point. The service was a bit slow - because they assume that you want a leisurely lunch. The servers were attentive and gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodLisaMacDined on 12/14/2013As a first time visitor to Chicago I spent my first day shopping the famous "Magnificent Mile". Zodiac was a perfect place to enjoy a relaxing, delicious lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Chicago faves!WinnieDined on 12/12/2013My work team goes here every year for our holiday lunch. It has Ben our tradition for years and it never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good for a white tableclothFoodie211Dined on 12/6/2013Very good for a white tablecloth lunch with co-wrokers or your family. Delicious food in a high-end setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZodiacOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/29/2013This is a great restaurant. It is calm, cool, and sophisticatedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableEliza1180Dined on 11/16/2013I've never had a bad meal here. It's my go to lunch spot when I'm visiting Chicago. Excellent service, atmosphere, and of course a terrific excuse to stroll through Neiman Marcus. Win!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for meeting clientMGeatgoodDined on 10/16/2013I met a potential client at this restaurant. Very good ambience and food was good and very high end atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A best kept secret on Mich. AveKelseyinChicagoVIPDined on 10/15/2013When looking for a place to lunch, try the Zodiac Room on the 4th floor of Neiman Marcus. The ambience of both the bar and the restaurant is very attractive. The tables are far apart enough to have a conversation. The food is excellent and often there is a little fashion show. You don't even have to go through the store floor by floor to get there, just take the elevator to the 4th floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemAMBChicagoVIPDined on 9/18/2013This restaurant is on the fourth floor of Neiman Marcus. The food is excellent, the room beautiful and service outstanding. I had the lobster bisque, the soup of the day and it was excellent. The always start the meal with a beautiful popover and a small cup of chicken stock. The stock is to die for. Salads are generous and beautifully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies (and gentlemen) who lunchAZMDDined on 9/9/2013Elegant but comfortable place to meet friends for a long leisurely lunch. Service is very good. The complimentary popovers and consomme are delicious, and just such a welcoming touch. Food is only average, but who cares with average prices? We sat and talked for hours and no one rushed us (on a weekday). Dessert selection not enticing, but a latte with whipped cream was a great end to the meal. An excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day gift of lunch from friend.LeeZeeDined on 8/21/2013Watermelon gazpacho was more fine puree than chunky gazpacho. Scallops were delicious along with the risotto Pistachio gelato was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- The bouillon and popoversMsbtxVIPDined on 8/16/2013The bouillon and popovers always wonderful. Grilled shrimp and artichoke salad with romaine and quinoa excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is nice, but nothingkadengirlDined on 8/10/2013This place is nice, but nothing really special. I ordered their special and received a turkey sandwich. I blame the waitress as she should have looked at the order before even bringing it out. They did comp that meal but I ate a stinking turkey sandwich at a place of expected quality and was looking forward to something a little fancier.
- Love, so did the grandchildrenAMBChicagoVIPDined on 8/10/2013Perfect place for families. They gave us a nice round booth off to the side of the dining room. The girls, ages 5 and 7, loved the popovers and chicken stock in tiny cups to start. Each of our lunches was delicious and the children's menu is a good value. My daughter had a chicken salad with cheese and other items, loved it. My husband loved his Asian chicken salad and I had the grilled cheese with tomatoes and lobster bisque, soup of the day. Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Zodiac Restaurant!EdhollisVIPDined on 7/19/2013Perfect little lunch spot with great lite fare or gourmet burgers. Service is excellent, and the drinks are very yummy! Never disappoints!Special Features:
- Bday lunchchgomomX2VIPDined on 7/5/2013My son wanted to go here for the popovers.....and once we told them it was his bday.....they kept bringing the popovers!! He was very excited about the many many popovers. His chicken strips lunch was badly overlooked and when we told our server about it....she promptly asked what else she could get him and removed from our bill. Thank you. Overall, a nice family lunch for our sons bday. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dining room is beautifulJaneVIPDined on 6/18/2013The dining room is beautiful and gracious in its setting and the food is delicious. I love the salads and warm popovers. My friend and I had a long unrushed lunch with smiling courteous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch dateGracieDined on 6/13/2013We ate lunch at Zodiac this week. The was food good, but we were disappointed with the service. After sitting for 15 minutes without being approached, we finally asked a server if she could point out who was responsible for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the serviceClaud816Dined on 6/5/2013Upon arrival, you get a fluffy bread with strawberry butter spread. The special that day was lobster bisque which is my favorite. I also like that the menu tells you which items are gluten free and low fat. I would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very CivilizedDowntownVIPDined on 5/30/2013We each had a salad and both enjoyed our meal. The food was First Rate and the service was attentive. Zodiac is perfect for "Ladies Who Lunch" or business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotAZMDDined on 5/23/2013We love meeting friends here for lunch when we come to town as we always stay nearby. The luxuriousambience and quiet makes it a great meeting place for conversation with friends. We specifically come for the complimentary consomme and popovers with strawberry butter. Yum! Menu items are a bit pricey for small portions, but worth the comfort of a leisurely lunch. Staff pampers you, always ready to give seconds on those popovers! The elegant model showing NM merchandise is a nice touch, not intrusive. It's fun to shop here before or after lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly, this was a horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2013Sadly, this was a horrible lunch. We have dined at several of Neiman Marcus' restaurants in Oak Brook, Northbrook and Somerset Malls, in addition to several times at this location. Never have we had such a bad all around experience. The service was horrible. We had to wait for ever service, including over 15 minutes to have our check and credit card picked up. The wine was stale, the food was average at best. Would not go back there again. There are many excellent restaurants for lunch on or around Michigan Avenue, why would you pay a premium for such a bad experience?
- service is excellent popoversOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2013service is excellent popovers are the best part--they come out piping hot the meatloaf sandwich was great--good quality meat and the sweet potato fries are delicious and not greasySpecial Features:
- Who could complain when a2dynersVIPDined on 1/28/2013Who could complain when a meal starts with a warm popover and ends with a chocolate chip cookie? Lunch at the Zodiac room provides any palate with ample choices from light and low-calorie to comfort food. We've been here twice and found conversation easy, food tasty and service excellent.
- A Chic Chicago Classic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2013I love the Zodiac Room-its chic, and they have a great menu that is health conscious while still being indulgent. The strawberry butter, popovers and soup shooter always add to the experience. And the service has always been professional and friendly. Its a great Chicago experience for "Ladies who Lunch."Special Features:
- I've been dining at Zodiaclakeview72VIPDined on 12/21/2012I've been dining at Zodiac Room for the last 15 years and it never disappoints. They're always changing their menu up but they listen to customers when you ask about an item that's no longer on the menu - they will make it for you in most cases. Staff is extremely friendly and food quality is outstanding.Special Features: