420 W. Market Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zoccariverwalk.com/
- Phone: 2104446070
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm;
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Foresman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Zocca
Zocca offers contemporary Italian cuisine, fine wine, and cocktails at one of the most scenic spots on San Antonio’s renowned Riverwalk, where towering cypress trees shade the restaurant’s riverside patio. Zocca’s casually elegant interior of burnished copper, rich wood, and handsome onyx panels creates a relaxed, welcoming ambiance. The culinary artists in Zocca’s kitchen bring a contemporary spin to traditional Old World flavors, focusing on locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients to create delectable and memorable dishes. Zocca’s private dining options can accommodate from 10 guests to 100, in an al fresco patio setting to the convivial Chef’s Table to buy-out of the entire restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Zocca - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Zocca reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (35)scenic view (35)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great FettuccineMauiMamaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed dinner here last night. The menu had lots of variety and everything we ordered was very good. We started with Calamari, risotto and bruschetta. My granddaughter ordered a margarita pizza which was great. The best dish was the fettuccine with chicken. We will go back to try more.Special Features:
- Great San Antonio lunch spotAustinvisitorDined on 9/10/2014Perfect place for a business lunch - great atmosphere, view, food and service. Would recommend and look forward to returning next time I'm in San AntonioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectRomanticDinnerDined on 8/30/2014Excellent place if you are aiming to enjoy a nice meal outside, along the river, and away from the tourist traps & crowded/loud environment. My girlfriend and I had a tasteful, romantic dinner, then walked over to the craziness. First time at the San Antonio Riverwalk and this restaurant is one of the main reasons we will come back. Perfect wine, perfect food, perfect sophisticated crowd, perfect view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok for the priceSAAggie05Dined on 8/23/2014For the price point, I was expecting more. The appetizers were great. The table had Caesar salad, calamari, and the antipasto. All pretty good dishes plus they were good serving sizes. We had the Bolognese, fettuccine alfredo, & the pasta with crab in white sauce (forgot the name). The pasta was fresh and great but all the sauces were lacking flavor. We have all had better. The desert was good though. They were also out of the first wine we ordered. The waiter was nice but didn't seem to fit the price point of this restaurant either. Just seemed a step behind. We also watched an employee set a table after a couple were finished and didn't clean the table. There were bread crumbs we could see from across the aisle. More effort is needed.Special Features:
- Small Romantic SpotWillYenDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent. The only downfall would probably be the service. He wasn't very catering and seemed like he was all over the place even though the restaurant was pretty empty. He didn't recommend any wines for our taste or anything. But overall it's the food that counts and the food was excellent. I recommend the chicken for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJrodzDined on 8/16/2014Everything was excellent , oi had the brick oven roasted chicken it was excellent and we had the baked figs for appetizer and it was delishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the Rush, Young Staff?AustinNewbiesVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had an enjoyable time at Zocca. We had difficulty finding the place as we were visiting San Antonio. It would have been easier to tell us it was located within the hotel as opposed to a street address. WHAT is the hurry in this kitchen? We ordered our appetizers and with in 2 minutes (no exaggeration) it was on the table. Twice we had to tell the server to slow down. I wish they could make us feel special as opposed to just another set of tourist coming for a meal. Then to boot, they did not even acknowledge our OpenTable reservation after we specifically told the hostess we were an OT customer. Why do establishments hire such (super) young staff? Over all, the food was terrific and it's a wonderful place to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoffeePleaseVIPDined on 8/8/2014This place was recommended by our hotel. I ordered the scallop special. Delish! My husband and daughter had beef tenderloin. Delish! The atmosphere was nice and wine selection was great. Our waiter was very attentive. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Anniversary DinnerashfallDined on 8/3/2014The atmosphere at Zocca's was romantic with the low lighting and music playing in the background, and the view was beautiful. We dined inside, but the wide glass doors leading to the riverwalk and outdoor seating were open, so I feel like we got the best of both worlds. The staff was friendly and the food was amazing. We shared our pasta dishes (tagliatelle and spaghetti & meatballs) and couldn't decide which we preferred. Also, at the end of the meal they brought us a complementary slice of ganache cake to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experience!KitkatDined on 8/3/2014Staff was gracious and knowledgeable. Andy, our server, was attentive but not intrusive. Food was awesome. Will definitely go to Zocca's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJrodzDined on 8/2/2014The only complaint I have was my dish ( my dish only, my party enjoyed their food ). I ordered the seafood risotto and risotto was gummy and some parts were undercooked. The flavor was there just that aspect fell a little short. But the server and manager were great at dealing with it, they omitted my dish from my bill. And the chocolate pizza was to die for. The service was excellent !!! The ambience was elegant and contemporary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-Free Menu RocksTeresaWDined on 8/1/2014Zocca has a gluten-free menu that is brimming with options - including about six different dessert options!! The server was very knowledgeable about gluten - and they even bring a gluten-free bread basket to the table! Unbelievable! I can't believe that I live in San Antonio and didn't know that this restaurant existed. Thanks to my "Find My Gluten-Free" phone app, I discovered Zocca. I will be back!Special Features:
- DevereauxDevereauxDined on 7/30/2014Great food, great ambiance, great views, and great service. Very romantic atmosphere designed to delight both local San Antonians as well as visitors to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyDanieltheoilguyDined on 7/27/2014The food was only half the story. The waiter is the other half. Amazing is the only thing to describe both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousZeist123Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious and not too heavy. The waiter was polite and courteous. The fact that it is located by the riverwalk ups the ambience. Really beautiful! The pappardelle with crab was really good and the tiramisu was sublime! A must go if you're in San Antonio.Special Features:
- Riverwalk Dining w/o Hussle-Busslekadac00Dined on 7/18/2014If you choose to dine outside along the Riverwalk, this is a clean well kept section with a nice view without all the packed crowding and noise of the busier section around the corner. Food and service were excellent as always which is why we come back year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can see why it's so highly ratedCharlesDined on 7/18/2014This is by far the best restaurant we've been to in San Antonio. We were in Rome last summer and we thought the food was as good as it is there. I highly recommend this restaurant. We were there for our 13th anniversary so the memory will stay with us forever how good our experience was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I would suggest going around 8 and sitting outside on the riverwalk. Much different experience than the usual "riverwalk restaurant"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! times 2wisconsintotexasDined on 7/11/2014This was our second time at the restaurant in about two months. Both times (once as a large family reunion and once as a couple) we received outstanding service and great food. The space has the ability to be separated at one end to allow groups to be separated visually from the rest of the dining area. The entire length of the restaurant has views of the river walk and is great for people watching as you dine. The mood is calm, with low lighting and a quiet noise level. The building materials are high-end stones and tiles. Nicely done. They have a nice wine menu with a variety of price points...and the staff that understands how to pour and keep attentive to re-fill glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceUpdateVIPDined on 7/11/2014Was in San Antonio for business and thought I would grab lunch at Zocco. So glad I did. Food was phenomenal, but if you go ask for Amanda,probably best service I have had recently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectiondinein2nightDined on 7/4/2014Absolutely amazing place to dine! My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there on the 4th of July. The waiter brought us 2 complimentary glasses of champagne as soon as we were seated. The food was so delicious that I can't put it in words. After we finished dinner, our waiter said they had complimentary dessert for us, he returned with a yummy piece of chocolate cake on a beautiful platter decorated in chocolate that read Happy Anniversary! The setting was quiet and romantic, the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirlsCammVIPDined on 6/27/2014First time to this Zocca & it was awesome! I will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJimBDined on 6/25/2014The atmosphere was great. However, the entree labeled "sea bass" turned out to be small, somewhat oily filets with the skin on, not the white, flaky sea bass we are used to. My wife could not eat it; too greasy. The seafood risotto I had was okay, but I would rate it only average. In addition, their wines are overpriced. Some of our favorite wines, that we routinely pay $25 to $40 dollars a bottle for were priced at $65 to $80. All in all, a disappointing evening, even though they did not charge us for my wife's entree.
- Italian Flair on the RiverwalkRebelcamDined on 6/25/2014A last minute reservation presented us with fantastic Italian food just steps from the Riverwalk. The pasta was perfectly al dente with a wonderful Bolognese. My wife has Celiac Disease and the staff was responsive to her needs. Her sea bass was cooked perfectly and well seasoned. You must try Zocca if you crave Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok.ThompsonsDined on 6/21/2014As SPG members, we thought the SPG hotel restaurant would be a great idea. It wasn't. My husband's filet was great. My food, spaghetti, was flavorless. The service was horrible and it appeared that others were getting the same horrible service. Stating you're the #1 Italian restaurant on the riverwalk isn't a big deal when there are only 3.Special Features:
- Very nice dinner at ZoccaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014I had the veal ravioli and it was delicious. We sat outside, the service was excellent and it was just a very nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StormSisterDined on 6/17/2014Food was good, portions ok. Service was fair. Language issue. Ordered pasta, no one offered grated cheese, lacked a certain high end service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulSquisitaDined on 6/14/2014Service was unbelievably slow. I was served pizza that was either frozen or made from a pre-made base. They don't make their own dough. Portions were small and overpriced. This place is to avoid.Special Features:
- Romantic spot!rmadlaDined on 5/29/2014I was coming to San Antonio for a business meeting, and my wife hasn't had a vacation in a few years - so we did some budget juggling to allow her to come with me. I wanted the first evening (before my meeting) to be special. Online, I searched the city to find the most highly recommended romantic dining spot. Aha! Found it. Now how far from our hotel? OMG, it's **in** our hotel! A completely happy surprise ... I arranged for flowers to await her at the table and kept my fingers crossed during our flight. Everything was perfect - the food, the ambiance, the service - all flawless. The evening was great!Special Features:
- The following 378 reviews are from the Zocca reviews archive.
- Lovely vacation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Had dinner last night here because a friend recommended it when I told her we were vacationing in San Antonio. She told us to order the bruschetta and we did and it was so delicious! Probably the best bruschetta I've ever had. I ordered the pappardelle with a glass of Chardonnay and it was fresh and wonderful! Our server was great and everything came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the very best!JamesDined on 5/17/2014The food is wonderful, service is outstanding and the atmosphere is the best. Whether you are looking for a romantic evening or want to watch the river walk traffic or a parade on the river this is the restaurant. Have been there several times and have not been disappointed yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findpregameVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great Italian restaurant on the river walk. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014This restruant was horrible compared to the reviews ! The food was not good! I orders sea bass and they brought a fake fish something like a fresh water trout not good, my wife's chicken was burnt and detour.
- Not as it was built up to beFirsttimrDined on 5/2/2014We found our food bland and tasteless. We both had the crab pasta dish. I got two pieces of crab the size of my pinky tip. My husband got much the same. The food was very bland. The salad was good, but the calamari was very tough and cold when it came to the table. I would not go back there.Special Features:
- Anniversary SpotAngel8384Dined on 4/26/2014We went to Zocca for our anniversary and enjoyed every bite. The patio doors were open so we had a nice view of the river.Special Features:
- Relaxing and EnjoyingDickDined on 4/25/2014The restaurant is right on the riverwalk and in a great location. Very clean and upscale professional perspective by all staff. Our waiter was great. Very attentive, courteous and helpful. The food was very good. Tried the tortellini, the pizza, and the filet. All were well prepared and delicious. They did not mind that we wanted to take our time and enjoy the ambience and our meal. Spent a couple of hours between wine and meal. I would recommend this restaurant to any who like good Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- TexannaDined on 4/22/2014The food was delicious. My husband had a pasta dish with lump crab and a lemon cream sauce that was different than a typical Italian dish that was excellent. I had rigatoni with meatballs. The sauce and meatballs were exceptionally good. We both had salads, the Cesar wedge salad and the roasted beet salad, again both very, very good. The servings are large, neither of us could finish. We hated that we were on our way to a concert and couldn't take our leftovers. Raul was our waiter, he gave us excellent service. Friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We will ask for him when we go back. Beautiful location on the Riverwalk. We enjoyed every aspect of our dinner at Zocca. Very highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2014My dish, pasta with crab in a lemon sauce, was good but my husband's was fair at best (the risotto with seafood) and overpriced for what it was. We ordered one salad, split, and got two. Etc.Special Features:
- Ate at the bar. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Ate at the bar. Service was great and the food was very good and at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Antonio Riverwalk GemCindyBVIPDined on 3/28/2014We went 4 times in 5 days so you know we loved it! I am gluten-free and had pancakes and pasta and both were quite good. The food, the view, the location, the service - all worth it. When you go, ask for Raul - not only will you get great service he will throw in a little fun to make your night more enjoyable. Thank you Raul and staff. Next time we visit the Riverwalk, we'll probably come back 4 times again!Special Features: