420 W. Market Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zoccariverwalk.com/
- Phone: 2104446070
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm;
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Foresman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Zocca
Zocca offers contemporary Italian cuisine, fine wine, and cocktails at one of the most scenic spots on San Antonio’s renowned Riverwalk, where towering cypress trees shade the restaurant’s riverside patio. Zocca’s casually elegant interior of burnished copper, rich wood, and handsome onyx panels creates a relaxed, welcoming ambiance. The culinary artists in Zocca’s kitchen bring a contemporary spin to traditional Old World flavors, focusing on locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients to create delectable and memorable dishes. Zocca’s private dining options can accommodate from 10 guests to 100, in an al fresco patio setting to the convivial Chef’s Table to buy-out of the entire restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Zocca - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Zocca reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (42)romantic (42)great for outdoor dining (41)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Nice but not greatrisottosnobVIPDined on 10/15/2014Went there because a number of reviews and local sites said it was one of the best Italian places in San Antonio. Location was great, sitting on the water was nice. The food was good, but not memorable, and the service was very inconsistent and not very present. It was a fine but not great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Wait staff was very friendly and provided great service. I ordered the linguine which was good but not great. My wife had the fettuccine which she said was also good. Overall very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveYLeeDined on 10/12/2014Great atmosphere, great food, and great support staff. A great experience on the Riverwalk. Definitely put this place on your list of places to eat.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014We traveled on business and had a fantastic dinner last year so we obviously wanted to repeat this year - wow, wish we had selected a different place. The appetizers were fabulous, had the bruschetta and the giant meatball, recommend both. Unfortunately they got new chefs and completely changed the menu - we had fettuccini which was not creamy and the flavor was over-powered by one ingredient. We also had the ravioli which was dry. The only good dinner was the spaghetti and meatball. Dessert was also disappointing. There are too many great places to eat at Riverwalk, too bad we wasted one of our nights on this restaurant.Special Features:
- On the riverSaltnpepperDined on 10/10/2014Had the pleasure of dining here during a meeting I had in San Antonio. The staff was great, food was wonderful. Right on the River Walk.Special Features:
- On the river walkKathyDined on 10/10/2014We really enjoyed dining outside at Zocca. We were right beside the Riverwalk and watched people and boats pass by on a beautiful evening. The food was great too. They have a good wine list, and interesting deserts.Special Features:
- A disappointmentBilyuDined on 10/4/2014This Italian restaurant was a disappointment. Wonderful ambiance wasted. We were immediately seated at a very nice table looking out onto the riverside patio. We were brought bread and water. Then everything went down hill. We waited twenty-five minutes without a single word from waitstaff. I finally requested a passing waiter to find someone to take our order. That should have set off alarms in the restaurant, but we waited another ten minutes. Finally a passing waiter saw us and stopped and took our order. The only other contact we had with waitstaff was when someone brought our food and when a man came with the check. The food and atmosphere were excellent but the service was so bad that I would not return. Regrettable.Special Features:
- Everything & MorePastorFieldDined on 10/2/2014Read the recent reviews and gave this place a try. We were not disappointed. Raul took excellent care of the two of us while the wait staff took care of two large groups. We felt cared for and the food was outstanding. This place will now be on our MUST list each time we visit the area!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceDebraDined on 9/27/2014Zocca had a very nice atmosphere, right next to the riverwalk, & the weather was perfect to sit outside or at a inside table near the open door. The food was very good. Service was good, could have been a little more attentive. The price was average to pricey. Overall a nice experience before going to the Tobin center.Special Features:
- AWESOMEPattie452Dined on 9/26/2014We went to Zocco on the recommendation of a friend who'd recently been to San Antonio, so we decided to try it although Italian isn't my favorite ethnic food. Great decision. We were able to make a reservation for 7:45 through Open Table and I requested to eat outside along the River Walk. It was a beautiful evening so outside was perfect. My husband ordered the Ceasar Wedge and I had the Caprese Salad as starters. The presentation of the wedge was great and both were delicious. I was afraid that the tomatoes might not be all that good but I didn't need to worry. They had plenty of flavor. Our next course was the Tuscan Filet which my husband loved and I had the Braised Short Ribs which were fall-off-the-bone good. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZoccaRozzDined on 9/26/20143 of us dined at zocca and had a lovely dinner. Food was very good - the minestrone soup was particularly delicious. The ambiance is warm and inviting- quite Tuscan, but not overdone. Service was excellent - the server was knowledgeable as well as extremely helpful. A very nice dining experieySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicenoneDined on 9/23/2014Met with a prospective business partner there so a good experience was important. It was in both food and service. A special commendation to our waiter Jason. He did a great job - thank you Jason !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerSarahjane14Dined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend and I traveled here in celebration for my 21st birthday. made these reservations almost a month in advance. Upon arriving, we were told there would be at least a 15 minute wait. This was disappointing because it had planned ahead to not encounter any inconveniences. We requested a table outside, we were told that would be an even longer wait. While standing at the host booth, I could see 2 open tables outside in my 12 o'clock vision. After speaking with the manager, I finally probed enough to receive the treatment I expected. Overall, the food was exquisite and priced reasonably despite the accommodation inconvenience. Also, a bottle of Ruffino is $40 here. You can find them at target for $13 :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FettuccineMauiMamaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed dinner here last night. The menu had lots of variety and everything we ordered was very good. We started with Calamari, risotto and bruschetta. My granddaughter ordered a margarita pizza which was great. The best dish was the fettuccine with chicken. We will go back to try more.Special Features:
- Great San Antonio lunch spotAustinvisitorDined on 9/10/2014Perfect place for a business lunch - great atmosphere, view, food and service. Would recommend and look forward to returning next time I'm in San AntonioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectRomanticDinnerDined on 8/30/2014Excellent place if you are aiming to enjoy a nice meal outside, along the river, and away from the tourist traps & crowded/loud environment. My girlfriend and I had a tasteful, romantic dinner, then walked over to the craziness. First time at the San Antonio Riverwalk and this restaurant is one of the main reasons we will come back. Perfect wine, perfect food, perfect sophisticated crowd, perfect view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok for the priceSAAggie05Dined on 8/23/2014For the price point, I was expecting more. The appetizers were great. The table had Caesar salad, calamari, and the antipasto. All pretty good dishes plus they were good serving sizes. We had the Bolognese, fettuccine alfredo, & the pasta with crab in white sauce (forgot the name). The pasta was fresh and great but all the sauces were lacking flavor. We have all had better. The desert was good though. They were also out of the first wine we ordered. The waiter was nice but didn't seem to fit the price point of this restaurant either. Just seemed a step behind. We also watched an employee set a table after a couple were finished and didn't clean the table. There were bread crumbs we could see from across the aisle. More effort is needed.Special Features:
- Small Romantic SpotWillYenDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent. The only downfall would probably be the service. He wasn't very catering and seemed like he was all over the place even though the restaurant was pretty empty. He didn't recommend any wines for our taste or anything. But overall it's the food that counts and the food was excellent. I recommend the chicken for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJrodzDined on 8/16/2014Everything was excellent , oi had the brick oven roasted chicken it was excellent and we had the baked figs for appetizer and it was delishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the Rush, Young Staff?AustinNewbiesVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had an enjoyable time at Zocca. We had difficulty finding the place as we were visiting San Antonio. It would have been easier to tell us it was located within the hotel as opposed to a street address. WHAT is the hurry in this kitchen? We ordered our appetizers and with in 2 minutes (no exaggeration) it was on the table. Twice we had to tell the server to slow down. I wish they could make us feel special as opposed to just another set of tourist coming for a meal. Then to boot, they did not even acknowledge our OpenTable reservation after we specifically told the hostess we were an OT customer. Why do establishments hire such (super) young staff? Over all, the food was terrific and it's a wonderful place to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoffeePleaseVIPDined on 8/8/2014This place was recommended by our hotel. I ordered the scallop special. Delish! My husband and daughter had beef tenderloin. Delish! The atmosphere was nice and wine selection was great. Our waiter was very attentive. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Anniversary DinnerashfallDined on 8/3/2014The atmosphere at Zocca's was romantic with the low lighting and music playing in the background, and the view was beautiful. We dined inside, but the wide glass doors leading to the riverwalk and outdoor seating were open, so I feel like we got the best of both worlds. The staff was friendly and the food was amazing. We shared our pasta dishes (tagliatelle and spaghetti & meatballs) and couldn't decide which we preferred. Also, at the end of the meal they brought us a complementary slice of ganache cake to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experience!KitkatDined on 8/3/2014Staff was gracious and knowledgeable. Andy, our server, was attentive but not intrusive. Food was awesome. Will definitely go to Zocca's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJrodzDined on 8/2/2014The only complaint I have was my dish ( my dish only, my party enjoyed their food ). I ordered the seafood risotto and risotto was gummy and some parts were undercooked. The flavor was there just that aspect fell a little short. But the server and manager were great at dealing with it, they omitted my dish from my bill. And the chocolate pizza was to die for. The service was excellent !!! The ambience was elegant and contemporary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-Free Menu RocksTeresaWDined on 8/1/2014Zocca has a gluten-free menu that is brimming with options - including about six different dessert options!! The server was very knowledgeable about gluten - and they even bring a gluten-free bread basket to the table! Unbelievable! I can't believe that I live in San Antonio and didn't know that this restaurant existed. Thanks to my "Find My Gluten-Free" phone app, I discovered Zocca. I will be back!Special Features:
- DevereauxDevereauxDined on 7/30/2014Great food, great ambiance, great views, and great service. Very romantic atmosphere designed to delight both local San Antonians as well as visitors to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyDanieltheoilguyDined on 7/27/2014The food was only half the story. The waiter is the other half. Amazing is the only thing to describe both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousZeist123Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious and not too heavy. The waiter was polite and courteous. The fact that it is located by the riverwalk ups the ambience. Really beautiful! The pappardelle with crab was really good and the tiramisu was sublime! A must go if you're in San Antonio.Special Features:
- Riverwalk Dining w/o Hussle-Busslekadac00Dined on 7/18/2014If you choose to dine outside along the Riverwalk, this is a clean well kept section with a nice view without all the packed crowding and noise of the busier section around the corner. Food and service were excellent as always which is why we come back year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can see why it's so highly ratedCharlesDined on 7/18/2014This is by far the best restaurant we've been to in San Antonio. We were in Rome last summer and we thought the food was as good as it is there. I highly recommend this restaurant. We were there for our 13th anniversary so the memory will stay with us forever how good our experience was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I would suggest going around 8 and sitting outside on the riverwalk. Much different experience than the usual "riverwalk restaurant"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! times 2wisconsintotexasDined on 7/11/2014This was our second time at the restaurant in about two months. Both times (once as a large family reunion and once as a couple) we received outstanding service and great food. The space has the ability to be separated at one end to allow groups to be separated visually from the rest of the dining area. The entire length of the restaurant has views of the river walk and is great for people watching as you dine. The mood is calm, with low lighting and a quiet noise level. The building materials are high-end stones and tiles. Nicely done. They have a nice wine menu with a variety of price points...and the staff that understands how to pour and keep attentive to re-fill glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceUpdateVIPDined on 7/11/2014Was in San Antonio for business and thought I would grab lunch at Zocco. So glad I did. Food was phenomenal, but if you go ask for Amanda,probably best service I have had recently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectiondinein2nightDined on 7/4/2014Absolutely amazing place to dine! My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there on the 4th of July. The waiter brought us 2 complimentary glasses of champagne as soon as we were seated. The food was so delicious that I can't put it in words. After we finished dinner, our waiter said they had complimentary dessert for us, he returned with a yummy piece of chocolate cake on a beautiful platter decorated in chocolate that read Happy Anniversary! The setting was quiet and romantic, the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirlsCammVIPDined on 6/27/2014First time to this Zocca & it was awesome! I will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJimBDined on 6/25/2014The atmosphere was great. However, the entree labeled "sea bass" turned out to be small, somewhat oily filets with the skin on, not the white, flaky sea bass we are used to. My wife could not eat it; too greasy. The seafood risotto I had was okay, but I would rate it only average. In addition, their wines are overpriced. Some of our favorite wines, that we routinely pay $25 to $40 dollars a bottle for were priced at $65 to $80. All in all, a disappointing evening, even though they did not charge us for my wife's entree.
- Italian Flair on the RiverwalkRebelcamDined on 6/25/2014A last minute reservation presented us with fantastic Italian food just steps from the Riverwalk. The pasta was perfectly al dente with a wonderful Bolognese. My wife has Celiac Disease and the staff was responsive to her needs. Her sea bass was cooked perfectly and well seasoned. You must try Zocca if you crave Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok.ThompsonsDined on 6/21/2014As SPG members, we thought the SPG hotel restaurant would be a great idea. It wasn't. My husband's filet was great. My food, spaghetti, was flavorless. The service was horrible and it appeared that others were getting the same horrible service. Stating you're the #1 Italian restaurant on the riverwalk isn't a big deal when there are only 3.Special Features:
- The following 382 reviews are from the Zocca reviews archive.
- Very nice dinner at ZoccaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014I had the veal ravioli and it was delicious. We sat outside, the service was excellent and it was just a very nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StormSisterDined on 6/17/2014Food was good, portions ok. Service was fair. Language issue. Ordered pasta, no one offered grated cheese, lacked a certain high end service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.