2071 East 4th Street
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
Downtown Cleveland / E. 4th Street
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zocalocleveland.com/
- Phone: 2167810420x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Todd Dicillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a small private dining room for 18 people as well as separate dining rooms on different levels for parties up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Grasso 2167810420x
- Entertainment: Located on East 4th street across from the Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field. We offer live music in the summer and live music on the street.
A word from Zocalo Cleveland
Fresh, authentic, flavorful and plentiful are words that define our cuisine here at Zócalo Mexican Grill & Tequileria. We celebrate the unique ingredients and spices that are so indigenous to the varying regions of Mexico; our recipes capture these flavors to provide you the different styles of Mexican cuisine from three distinct culinary regions in Mexico. Zócalo allows our guests to get a taste of Mexico without ever having to leave Cleveland"s East Fourth Neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Zocalo Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland / E. 4th Street ›
Zocalo Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ReviewMrWonderfulVIPDined on 10/5/2014Very tasty Mexican food with a diverse set of choicesSpecial Features:
- nickDined on 10/4/2014The margarita selection is great. Especially their corona-rita.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedMINA4759Dined on 9/23/2014I went to Zocalo for lunch with a coworker. The atmosphere was nice. I ordered the Enchilada Tinga Poblano. I was not happy with my choice. The enchiladas were a bit dry with barely any sauce on them. I got rice and black beans. The rice tasted like it came out of a box reheated. The beans were fine. I had to ask for sour cream. My coworker had the shrimp chimichanga. She said she liked that but she didnt like the rice either.
- 4TH Street SceneFarnsworthDined on 9/20/2014This spot plays a major part in the 4th Street experience of downtown Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My fiance and I have always wanted to try Zocalo. The atmosphere is awesome, but the food did not fit the design. The tacos were mediocre, and even their queso hardened after 5 minutes of being brought to our table. I can atleast give the Margaritas a thumbs up. Not to mention they brought the wrong food twice. The service wasn't best when you have younger kids greeting you as if they hated their job, and waitresses on their phone texting, hanging out at the greeting stand. We were given bad reviews from other co-workers and friends, but we wanted to see for ourselves. We sadly will not be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014For some of us our food didnt come as ordered. Also we had to wait too long at times for the waitress to come around and give us refils. Food was good.
- Monday night dinnerDaisydinesDined on 9/15/2014The restaurant was clean,welcoming and provided a nice atmosphere for a group of nine people.The menu has something for everyone and the tequila menu provided some excellent options.When our server brought our dinner there was 3 different errors.Our food orders were mixed up and placed on the wrong plates.One of the diners never received her tacos.We were on a time schedule and she opted to not mention the error.Someone in our group ordered a specific $18 shot of tequila.The server came back confused and asked what he had ordered again.At the end of our meal,his bill showed a that he received a different $12 tequila. Don't get me wrong,he still enjoyed it, but it was not what he had ordered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected (Horrible)ClevelandFoodieJDDined on 9/12/2014First off the it was extremly loud in the restaurant. It was a terrible ambiance. It took the waitress almost 15 min to come to us to order drinks. She brought us our drinks and they were wrong. We ordererd apitizers that were brought to us AFTER our meal was brought to us. The bathroom was disgusting and the elevator had food all over the floor. I will never go to this place again and do not recommend it to anyone.
- Poor food, good locationCHMattDined on 9/12/2014Awful food, this restaurant definitely survived on location alone. Congealed queso, barely edible chips and salsa, fair entrees.
- Under staffedMex4lifeDined on 8/30/2014I arrived with a group of 8. Our table was ready early so we were sat. We didnt get asked what we wanted to drink until 30 mins after we sat down. The waiter proceeded to tell us that we weren't suppose to be sat yet and now he has multiple parties. Food was ok, they forgot my side dish, but I didn't want to wait 30mins for it to come out so I didn't even bother reminding the waiter. It's a great location but the service is absolutly horrid.
- Slow serviceCtownChicaDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation and were seated in a timely manner but the food took 1 hour and 15 mins to come out! Food was good but not worth the wait
- TERRIBLEBetsy31Dined on 8/29/2014My friends and I will never, ever eat here again. The service was awful; our server acted as if he was doing us a favor anytime he came by our table. As for the food? Absolutely the worst. My friend's meal was loaded with jalapeño peppers. The problem with that was that the desciption in the menu didn't say that. As for my meal (cheese enchilada), it, too, was terrible. The flavor - if you can even call it that - was bland. Heck, the meal even looked bad, just sitting on the plate. I can only assume that this place stays in business because it is on trendy E. 4th Street.
- Good but not the sameIheartclevelandDined on 8/27/2014The food quality used to be fantastic. Over the years it has become mediocre. Service is hit or miss. The lady who delivered our food was not at all happy when we asked questions about missing items. Miss the old zocalo with great food and drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho humlisalouDined on 8/24/2014Small portions, your Average mexican restaurant. We expected more from a restaurant in this location. Good service but they were not busy at all. Somewhat disappointed!
- Fun E 4th DiningbrowngatorDined on 8/23/2014We ate outdoors on the E 4th patio, although the decor and ambiance indoors was fun as well. We all ordered something different from the menu - from salads to carnitas. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican food is Fair at bestRG12VIPDined on 8/16/2014Our main dishes lacked taste - guacamole was just ok - refried beans were bland and soupy - margaritas were average at best. Even though location is good for having dinner outside on east 4th on a busy and buzzing weekend night, we will not return . Can find much better Mexican fare elsewhere in Clevland area.
- Amanda0408Dined on 8/16/2014This was my second time eating here, first time was a few years ago and it was great! This time was not the same. Unfortunately the food was horrible, to the pint we could barely eat it. I had a combo meal of a chicken taco and a bean burrito. The wait for the food took a bit long. My taco was soggy and fell apart the second I picked it up. The chicken tasted like canned chicken. The rice and beans that came on the side we in edible. The beans inside of my bean burrito tasted sour, I couldn't get past a few bites of it. After a $40 dinner, my boyfriend left there hungry because his food was so bad. The only good thing we had was the mango black bean guacamole. Was really disappointed with the food that we received.Special Features:
- mexican ole'fav2dineDined on 8/15/2014Zocalo has food that is more authentic than you will find at most mexican restaurants around town. It's central location is perfect of where one may be off to in the downtown area. The restaurant is spacious so you don't feel confined. The service was attentive and we made it to the ball game with time to spare.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014This is not a "good" restaurant by any means. It is not authentic mexican or even good american mexican. The chips for the chips and salsa are fresh made, but they were completely soggy. When we told the waitress she said she knows and she keeps telling the cooks, but they keep coming out the same. ummmm…okay. Two of us ordered the carnitas tacos - flavorless and dry. Two others ordered the enchiladas - also dry. Don't know how you can make enchiladas dry. Two others ordered fish tacos - one grilled, one fried. The fried was the only meal that got a good review. I haven't been here in years and this trip made me remember why. I won't be going for years again until I forget about this terrible experience.Special Features:
- so so food and drinkPearlsmxDined on 8/4/2014The guac made at the table is good, and our server was very good, but the food lacked flavor and the house margarita was very weak. Good atmosphere on a Monday night but I would not go back, considering the food flavors and cost.Special Features:
- Just OKHappyJunoDined on 8/2/2014We had reservations for 2(before Indians' game). I wanted to sit in the front by the open space & was told those seats are not for reservations. We sat in the back corner. Why make reservations??? Service was good. Chip were cold, salsa very bland. I ordered a salad, they forgot the guac & salsa. This was annoying....the seats in our booth were so low that the table was up to my chest! I felt like a toddler. This was my 2nd time and probably last. When I sat down and opened the menu it was splattered with dried salsa. Pretty gross.
- great foodFrankieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Have been here a few times and it did not disappoint. Love how you get guacamole, sour cream and salsa with your entrees. We only had one so-so meal on cinco de mayo but we'll give it a pass because they were extremely busy that day. Love the chimichangas and great margarita menu/happy hour drink list. We brought our friends from out of town and they really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Good For Quick Meal Before GameJimBayDined on 7/31/2014This is not the best Mexican food I have had. However, it is far from the worst. Having reservations worked out great, as the place was filling up prior to the Indians' game. I would recommend it, but do not expect a gourmet experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Every staff member at Zocalo enjoys their job and it shows by how they treat their guest. The food is great and the service it top notch even on a very busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndiDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was suffocatingly hot and the food was average at best. We will not be returning and of all the cool places to eat downtown, I am sorry I chose this one.
- SpecialsfoodcriticDined on 7/15/2014I really enjoyed the food and service received. The special for the night was awesome for everyone. We enjoyed the food, half price margaritas and tacos were awesome. We will definitely return and recommend this location to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great timeHklugDined on 7/4/2014Patrick, our server was amazing! He was very attentive, even with a full restaurant. Great food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 347 reviews are from the Zocalo Cleveland reviews archive.
- Decent choice that met our needstwinsmom44Dined on 6/28/2014a 3.5 but that wasn't an option. I was worried about what our party of 5 would experience given mixed reviews, but due to last minute search on OT, it was the only 6-7p slot Ressie we could find in the Gateway area. We were pleasantly surprised w/food quality & gluten free option. check out my detailed review on Urban Spoon. Only drawbacks were: * Key West margarita frozen had no kick which for the price, you'd expect it would. *chips- 1st batch seemed stale/chewy; 2nd batch warm and crispy but VERY greasy. *womens' restroom- water was SCALDING hot (visible STEAM) and no way to adjust; overflowing wastebaskets; unusable handicap stall which was a stop for someone w/flu or tequila flight rookie. Overall,-more satisfied than dissatisfied.Special Features:
- Fun nightpharmmanDined on 6/24/2014I took a group of eight to this restaurant after a meeting. The table was ready when we got there. The atmosphere was fun and the food was good. The service was also very good. Very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- CleGirlDined on 6/23/2014Was there when Mexico was playing Croatia so the Mexican fans were a little loud. But food was good. Enjoyed my margarita and happy hour prices. Like the vibrancy and the design of the restaurant. Server was good and was efficient. The hostess could have smiled a little more - to be more welcoming.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Food was great, Margaritas were better. The staff was friendly and attentive. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great for Work LunchatolunchDined on 6/20/2014I made reservations on one day's notice and we arrived with everything in place (party of 9). The atmosphere was lively and fun with multiple TVs playing World Cup Soccer. The facilities were clean, the service and food was good. Since I was the recommending person of our party, I was pleased to bring our crew to this venue and we had a great time. Many Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014I took a group of ten for dinner. Didn't know it was Taco Tuesday. The restaurant was extremely loud. This would be good for a game night but not much elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014First time coming to your place. We were placed between 2 bachorlette parties. Both being extremely loud!!!! Even the waitress couldn't speak loud enough to take our orders. Very disappointed. Meal was OK but nothing to write home about. Was hoping for more of a wow factor considering that there is a Food Network Chef attached to this place. The waitress tried so hard to take care of us but it was beyond her control. The final note that killed it for us was the trip to the women's washroom. Toilet paper and paper towels all over the floor. The best was that there was a female employee leaving after she put some toilet paper in the stalls. So very sad to see it in that state. Really didn't even want to use the washroom.
- always a winnerJayMinkDined on 5/31/2014Been dining here several times as E. 4th street is close to arena and ballpark. Had the combo this time ... lots of food and great presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZocaloBallantineDined on 5/31/2014Drink menu is way overpriced. Food was good but portions are off on certain dishes. The service was excellent though.
- Great atmosphere and foodcmg41Dined on 5/16/2014The food at Zocalo's is always great. It's very reasonably priced! The only problem I had this time around was the server wasn't very attentive and seemed to be constantly in a rush. Also all of the tables and booths I've ever sat in are very uncomfortable. The seats are low and the tables are high. Makes for an uncomfortable bad combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMarianneDined on 5/12/2014I want to like this place but I am disappointed every time I eat there. The food quality is just horrible and nothing tastes right. Small portions too.Special Features:
- PassDissappointedDined on 5/11/2014Very beautiful restaurant upon arrival. Spacious nice décor no crowd. Beautiful day and asked to be seated in the sun in the front. We were told only parties of 7 or more were allowed in front even thought we saw two six top tables. My margarita tasted like a pina colada. Food I had the fajitas. Chicken way over cooked and dry. We were seating next to a table of about eight or 10 of rude adults and even ruder children. Very loud patronizing their kids of approximately 5 yrs old in age. Thanks but pass.
- At least the drinks were goodCledinerDined on 4/18/2014The waiter seemed frazzled the entire time. He dropped a knife off of a plate on my friend's back, hit another of my friends in the head with a menu, everytime he filled my water he would do it over my head so condensation from the pitcher would drip all over me, and we sat for 30 minutes before he took our food order. The food was mediocre. All of my fellow diners had an issue with the food. My steak was dry and chewy, the peppers had a strange spice on them, my friend's chicken was dry and rubbery, and my friend's potatoes were far too spicy. The only thing I can be positive about is the drinks.Special Features: