Ziziki's - Plano
5809 Preston Road
Plano, TX 75093Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ziziki's - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zizikisplano.com/
- Phone: 9729438090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Jorge Cruz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining.
- Special Events: Join us every Monday night for half price bottle night!
A word from Ziziki's - Plano
Intimate neighborhood bistro specializing in upscale Mediterranean cuisine, specifically Greek and Italian. We are now serving our award winning Sunday brunch in Plano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Ziziki's - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Ziziki's - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (11)romantic (11)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (10)good for groups (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A Family FavoriteLoveGreekfoodDined on 10/10/2014My wife and frequently dine at Ziziki's and it is one of our favorite places. The food is terrific, the service is always on top of things and we enjoy the Greek wine. We brought guests this past weekend and they loved it and when they took their first bite of the Baklava, I could hear them say under their breath, "wow, this is really good.'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good revirwJcb1Dined on 10/4/2014The wait staff were very attentive with just the right amount of friendliness The restaurant was jcbvery nice and clean and bright with a calming decore The drinks were a good size, no skimping on the amount of wine. Food presentation was excellant and the taste was even better. This was a first visit, but will be back againSpecial Features:
- Love this place!WesttexasgirlDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our 6th anniversary there and loved it! Service was great and so was the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/201414 years ago we had made our first visit to Ziziki's. Since then we have been on a hunt for lamb salad and have never found one. So we had to share their lamb salad and it lived up to our memories. Surpurb! We also had the Chilean sea bass and Ahi tuna specials. They were terrific. A great place for Greek food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreekwerfoodiesVIPDined on 9/18/2014This was our 2nd visit. As before, service was excellent. Calamari app was nice; great sauces, perfect breading, but almost overcooked. The 1/2 size Greek Salad is a perfect portion and very tasty. Stuffed Lamb Loin was delicious. Greek Paella was wonderful. Portions were extremely generous; had leftovers for dinner the next night. Italian Creme Cake is a bit oversold. Cake was moist, but coconut should be toasted to enhance flavor & frosting was way oversweet! The Baklava with ice cream is much better. $3 for 1 piece of pita bread is silly! But will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Sodjsu4eaDined on 9/16/2014This was our first time dining at Ziziki's. We chose them for a romantic evening and with a Greek Mediterranean menu, we were hopeful that the food would really be special. Despite the fact that we indicated that this was an anniversary dinner in my reservation, the restaurant staff did nothing to recognize the reason we chose them for dining. We would have expected more from them. Food quality was ok, but not enough to warrant a second visit.
- Birthday Celebration!goodtimesDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our night out at Ziziki's! This was a special night, because we were celebrating 3 birthdays in our group of eight. The food was delicious and service was great! We will be going back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but overpricedChopsVIPDined on 8/18/2014The Lamb was great, salads were good and the gyro was also good. The hummus at $11.00, as other appetizers, are way overpriced for what u get. It was a lot of good pita bread, but only 2 tablespoons of hummus. (If that much) was disappointed in the hummus quantity, as in other restaurants u get 3 times the amount for half the price. Our Lamb was $26.00, the Lamb Hamburger was $16.00. Food was good
- Consistently goodDrBobDined on 8/16/2014Ziziki's- Plano is always a treat with great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My brunchdeltapapaVIPDined on 8/10/2014It is a great place for a delicious brunch. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good Foods & ServiceTXDogLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014We dine with Ziziki's often. The atmosphere is pleasant, casual but also good if you want to dress up a little. The food if consistently good, they use high quality ingredients and provide portion sizes that are just the right size definitely not small. It is always better to have high quality food versus huge serving sizes. The service is prompt and professional, not too intrusive, they allow you to relax and enjoy your meal versus turn the table. We see a lot of the same wait staff and hostess staff each time we go which is a good indicator. This is one of our "go-to" places in Plano.Special Features:
- It was all good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/26/2014We had the dolmas, chicken and veggie skewers and italian cream cake. Everything tasted great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service-everything enjoyable!RestaurantXOVIPDined on 7/24/2014Very large portions for many items. The prices seemed to be 30% higher than expected probably to account for the 25% off coupons that are easily available. The moussaka (sp?) was very enjoyable, but not as decadently wonderful as the established leader in this category not too far away. Great pita and artichoke dip! Mmmmmmm! Paella was huge, with lots of unexpected, interesting and good protein additions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 173 reviews are from the Ziziki's - Plano reviews archive.
- Nice Surprisehard2pleaseVIPDined on 6/23/2014I hadn't been to Ziziki's in a while...and well, they've got a Special Menu that helps you out in case your not in the mood for the regular menu. Chicken scallopini was WONDERFUL! Everything came to the table hot. Our table of four had four different dishes and we were all happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with FriendFoodieVIPDined on 6/17/2014both my friend and I enjoyed the lamb kabob salads and the appetizer with spinach and fillo dough. They were both cooked medium rare which we requested. I dined there 2 nights in a row. Delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AlwaysLove2EatDined on 5/23/2014The Plano Ziziki's- The service is outstanding- always polite and interesting the wait staff is so friendly. The menu has a variety of wonderful Greek food- I will say that the pita's are the best in Dallas. I have travelled all over the world- Yes to Greece so I know that the food is pretty authentic. The wine list is awesome! I truly enjoy coming to Ziziki's - My only concern is the noise level when it is full- it gets to be much but honestly I would not let that ever stop me from going. I like that they have a separate area for large party's, they have a nice patio, and the tables are nicely arranged. I would say this is an all around outstanding place to eat.Special Features:
- Delightful evening on the patioKerryVIPDined on 5/17/2014We loved our dinner at Ziziki's. Unhurried atmosphere on the lovely patio. It was a perfect night. Dinner was delicious. Especially liked the artichoke hummus.Special Features:
- ExcellentJackDined on 5/17/2014Great food, Great Service, Great experience. Definately will return on a regular basisSpecial Features:
- Great foodYummy10Dined on 4/7/2014I love Ziziki's! The food is outstanding......from the appetizers to the sweets. You can't have a bad meal there. The service is very friendly and attentive. My favorite meals are Shrimp Suvulaki and Grilled Shrimp Salad with Ziziki dressing. The Baklava Icecream dessert is unbelievably good. Yum yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local EaterywayneDined on 4/5/2014We love Ziziki's. You can't get better greek food in Dallas. We go to the location in Plano, but the one in Dallas is also wonderful. We go for the food, but the service and ambiance are great for family dining or a diner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and Notable for PlanoTXDogLoverVIPDined on 3/8/2014Ziziki's is one of two restaurants in Plano where you don't feel like you are in Plano but more like you are in Dallas. Although Ziziki's has other locations in the Dallas area, it does not feel like a "chain" – unlike most restaurants in the Shops at Legacy which are very commercial and chain-like. Each time we dined here, the food is high quality and consistently good. Quite a few of the wait staff are tenured and we always find the service level just right - not too pushy, not too absent. On this visit, my husband got one of the specials, Chicken Scaloppini - the Waitress' recommendation - and he was glad he asked her and took her advice. I would recommend Ziziki's for a nice relaxing night out any day of the week.Special Features:
- DisappointedChachachaDined on 2/14/2014Took a date here for valentines day and to my surprise there was a fixed v-day menu - $55 per person. This included a sparse appetizer tray (grapes, apple slices, 2 shrimp), salad, main course, and cake to share. The food was good but WAY over priced. I normally go here for lunch and eat the exact same thing for around $15. The price hike for valentines dinner was ridicules and felt it was a little bit of a price gouge. Also, standard mixed drinks started a $10. I don't drink at lunch so not sure if this was inflated as well. Bottom line is this experience turned me off from eating here again. If you want no hassle better Greek food, try Zoe's Kitchen instead of this place.
- Great nightbbcheeseDined on 2/14/2014Went for my wife's birthday, which also happens to be valentine's day. The food and service were great, and it had a fun but classy atmosphere (but not quiet if that's what youre looking for). They had their valentine's day menu, but they let us customize it and brought her their baklava ice cream cake (fantastic) with a birthday candle. We had a great time, and would definitely recommend it for a nice date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have dined at this quaintSunnyCADined on 2/13/2014Have dined at this quaint restaurant several times. Always delicious fresh hot food! Love the Chicken Capelliini! And the seasonal Pumpkin Cheesecake is heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek DisappointmentLekoDined on 2/8/2014Over 1/2 hour late in seating us for our reservation. Impossible to get a drink. Over cooked fish. No bread at table nor condiments to inspire a Greek/Mediterranean meal. Very disappointing experience
- Great Greek food!Foodie9VIPDined on 2/4/2014We normally order the lamb skewers salad medium rare. Always fantastic!!! The baklava ice cream cake is fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub par food with good service.JR007Dined on 2/1/2014Overall, Ziziki's is just okay. I believe the food is key at most restaurants and sadly this food here did disappoint. The taste and description on the menu did not fit what was served. I definitely have had better and the only highlight was the service. Other than that, I will not recommend Ziziki's to any family/friends and will not return. Look elsewhere for food with Greek and Italian influences.Special Features:
- Greek food at its finestAnniversarycoupleDined on 1/25/2014We always enjoy eating at Ziziki's in Plano when we feel like having great Greek food without traveling to Greece. The wait staff is very gracious and never rush you through courses. Their Greek salad is a great starter and is so refreshing with its creamy dressing. The lamb is always tender, moist, and flavorful and served with their signature outstanding roasted potatoes. It's a great restaurant for both couples out for the evening and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great FoodTXDogLoverVIPDined on 1/24/2014My husband and I eat at Ziziki's often because the good is consistenly good. This particular visit, the service was outstanding. Our waiter knew just the right amount of service to provide, didn't try to hurry us and was knowledgeable and attentive. Another great experience at Ziziki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for a deliciousdeltapapaVIPDined on 1/19/2014A great place for a delicious Mediterranean buffet. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty & fun spot!NancyTXDined on 12/30/2013We had our girls Christmas luncheon at Ziziki's recently and all had a great time. The service was perfect - not too pushy or hovering, but there when we needed something. Our food was beautifully presented, yummy and relatively healthy too. My only complaint on this visit was we were seated right as you come in the door, and every time it opened it was very cold. I will ask for a table further back next time. Otherwise, great experience!Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2013Food was average. I ordered red snapper which did not have the usual texture of snapper & think another fish was substituted. The service was slow.Special Features:
- Great food -- Great ServiceLoveGreekfoodDined on 11/29/2013One of our favorite restaurants that we can always count on a solid dining experience. We love Greek food, good wine and attentive service. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food mostly wonderful.uktxgirlDined on 10/26/2013We visited Ziziki's for the first time on a very rainy night in October. The service started out a little slow, but did improve. Our appetizers - the sample plate with various typical Greek offerings - and my husband's moussaka were wonderful - probably the best we've had outside of Europe! I was not too hungry after the appetizers and I wanted to save room for the Baklava ice-cream cake, so I ordered a crab cake appetizer from the "specials". It was dry and bland, and had the texture and uniform shape of a mass produced frozen crab cake. Then came the baklava ice-cream cake - and that more than made up for any other disappointments - and was definitely worth the calories! The pluses outweighed the negatives and we plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never disappointsJPhoenixVIPDined on 10/10/2013Having frequented the Travis location, I was excited to try another one, and was not disappointed. The dolmades are accompanied by fresh veggies, the Greek lasagna is food fit for a king, and the sliced leg of lamb as succulent as always. There is a gorgeous patio for outdoor seating. Being there for lunch, I cannot speak as to the dinner items nor the wine list. There was a table tent advertising a free order of Ziziki bread appetizer if you text a # for their alerts, which I did, and I'm glad it was free because I would have not liked paying $7 for some bread covered in cheese. The server forgot to take it off the bill which I didn't notice til the next day, bummer. There were long stretches of time I didn't see our server, busy lunch hr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Elunder1Dined on 10/5/2013Lunch was fantastic, as always. The food here never disappoints. Only reason for only giving 4 stars is a beer that was ordered but never rang in by the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysSunshinegirlDined on 9/28/2013Ziziki's is one of our all time favorites. The salmon souvlaki and spanikopita are outstanding, and the service is always excellent. While the Plano location lacks the intimate ambience of the original in Dallas, it is a beautiful and sophisticated space that attracts a diverse clientele.Special Features:
- Not like it used to be!!eduardoDined on 9/20/2013Dolmades were delicious but the garnish of 2 tomatoes and 2 olives and red onions with feta were the same on all our other dishes I personally ordered the lamb and found the pieces on the kebob to be too tough to swallow. The waiter said that he understood and brought me a half order more which was the same tough meat so I didn't eat more. My wife and I were not comfortable with the noise level of the entire restaurant such as the bus crew stacking glasses noisily in a partition behind us and the music not appropriate for dining with the only sound to be heard was boom, boom, boom. The restaurant was crowded so evidently a lot of customers like the ambience, but they just lost 2 clients and our friends as well!!
- Trying a new placeSimmsDined on 9/20/2013Food was great, not as quiet or romantic as I was hoping. Seemed to be kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The who was fantastic theJuManJiDined on 9/19/2013The who was fantastic the atmosphere was great. I would recommend this to my friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.