Ziziki's - Travis Walk
4514 Travis Street
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
Knox / Henderson
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ziziki's - Travis Walk
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zizikis.com/
- Phone: 2145212233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch on Sunday 1:00am - 4:00pm. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Costa Arabatzis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Let Ziziki's host your spring wedding or graduation event. Join us in one of our two Private Dining rooms or we can cater your special event in the privacy of your home. Call our catering manager at 214) 521-2233.
A word from Ziziki's - Travis Walk
Neighborhood bistro specializing in Mediterranean cuisine, with a focus on Greek and Italian. Named best Sunday Brunch and Best Patio dining from customers and press. Received Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence since opening in 1994!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Ziziki's - Travis Walk - Best Restaurants in Knox / Henderson ›
Ziziki's - Travis Walk reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (15)romantic (12)special occasion (12)great for brunch (9)good for groups (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Last time we are goingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We went on Sunday night. The service was LOUSY-took 10 minutes until we were asked for a drink order, and when we ordered a bottle of wine, we had to pour it ourselves, as we did throughout. Another 5 minutes later, a server appeared and took our food order. We ordered the Greek Board as an app and it was not at all it is described on the menu or what we have ordered the 15-20 other times we have been to this restaurant. The server made a ton of excuses about being short staffed and all the things that, we as the customers, are not interested in. The entrees were excellent - but the overall experience: we're done. This isn't the first time, and we are done paying $100+ for two for dinner and not having a the experience we expected.
- A permanent favorite!DebSVIPDined on 8/4/2014Another great meal and evening! Our server Miguel is wonderful and made the night a wonderful one! His memory and attention to detail, along with the wonderful food, makes it hard not to be a favorite. It is one of those consistely great places where you don't mind being a regular.
- Perfect Place for Fabulous Food!Trueblue13Dined on 7/26/2014Ziziki's never disappoints. Whether for a quiet meal a deux or a family affair, the service remains relaxed and friendly, and the food never varies: always excellent and with generous portions. Ziziki's is our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchKCsupperclubDined on 6/29/2014We had Sunday brunch. The selections were great. I like the nutritious option. Great omelette bar. Fruit was very good. The waiter answered all our questions . Very attentive.Special Features:
- always yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014so glad someone told me about Ziziki's. It's always good!!Special Features:
- zizikis rocksBenergizerVIPDined on 6/14/2014We met a couple for dinner, arriving early. Got redirected graciously to the smaller dining room where 40 + can visit and hear! But TGE service and food will bring us back!Special Features:
- Always a Great MealNeilCVIPDined on 6/13/2014We love Zizkiki's -- always treated well when we visit and the food is always amazing. Good wine and beer too. Grab a seat outside by the fountain and enjoy the ambiance!Special Features:
- Great date night!Foodie4lyfeDined on 6/13/2014This is one of our all time favorites! Food is always good and the atmosphere is relaxing and romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ziziki's is still one of the best!!DebSVIPDined on 5/21/2014We had a wonderful dinner outside in the courtyard by the fountain! Our server, Miguel, made the birthday celebration very special and we could not have asked for a better experience with the always delicious food! Our entire group walked away happy and are still talking about the great night we had. Thank you Miguel & Ziziki's!!!
- Just what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014The reservation worked. Good table excellent waiter. Brought fresh culled glass for my guest. On the table as she sat down attentive but unobtrusive brought us a nice bit so sustenance just when the timing was right. Very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMamacitaDined on 5/11/2014Ziziki's roasted potatoes make the trip worth your while. Everything I've tried has been fantastic. Great little room in the back for private party and also across the patio if you need a bigger private event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food..but service was ?!!!!!foodieDined on 5/11/2014Every year we go to Ziziki's for Mother's Day Brunch and as usual the food was great! But the service was very spotty....I mean it took 40 minutes to get a cup of coffee and forget refills. New ownership and management need to listen to the waiters who have been working there for years. They overbooked and it is a small place anyway. But it still serves the best Greek food in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as advertisedLazySundaysDined on 5/11/2014I was a bit disappointed with the experience. I made a reservation through OpenTable but when I got there she hostess shoved us into a small corner table, saying that all the other tables were taken. On top of all this, the only option we had was buffet which was not spectacular. Needless to say, this is not a restaurant I will be returning to, brunch or otherwise. My guess commented that the restaurant in front looked a lot more appealing.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysrgrenDined on 5/3/2014This Restaurant is one of the best places to have a nice dinner outside in a beautiful backyard. We have done this many times. Food is always good, Service is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 239 reviews are from the Ziziki's - Travis Walk reviews archive.
- First visit will returnRichardVIPDined on 4/26/2014Made my first visit here after a mavs game. The staff was very friendly and unhurried, the service prompt, and though we chose to eat inside there are great tables outside. Food was great from the pita bread appetizers, my salad, and the lamb and chicken entrees we had. We will return again when we are looking for Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- Very pleasantBESTHEALTHDined on 4/2/2014It was very pleasant being at your restaurant. The ambience was very nice. Unfortunately, I don't dine out very often. I knew it would be a bit expensive at Ziziki's, and it was, for me for right now. (My financial picture will change soon, and I'll be more in a position to visit much more often!) I was impressed by the attractiveness and welcoming manner of the young lady who greeted me as I came in. Your servers were also attractive and pleasant, all befitting a small Uptown restaurant with "class". I felt well-attended to! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!juniorDined on 3/30/2014I have been eating at Zikikis for a while now and have to say the food is always excellent. The service by Migual Angel is excellent. Good job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back again and againRegrettingMyReturnDined on 3/19/2014Best hummus in Dallas! The lamb kebabs were incredible! In fact, everything was delicious! The service was warm and professional. Absolutely zero complaints! Great first time diner experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adventurous or not, it's all goodHmmmDined on 3/15/2014My wife introduced me to the restaurant and now I'm hooked. the souvlaki is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DInnerSaturdayDined on 3/8/2014Been here twice and had a great time 5 years apart. Food was delicious, everyone at the table enjoyed their order.Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Hadn't been here for a while (sadly). The food was even better than I remember! Service was great for a celebration meal and the selections were excellent. It is always a bit noisy in the restaurant, but will definitely go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceannieDined on 2/25/2014great food, great service and we enjoyed the vibrant and beautiful décor. High quality restaurant that just happens to serve Greek food. Super location with option to self park in safe garage or valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Valentine DownerjtmlsVIPDined on 2/14/2014We booked a table on OpenTable for post-opera dinner on Valentines Day. We generally like Ziziki's and were looking forward to it. When we got there for post Opera dinner we found we were limited to a special V Day menu--more expensive than we expected, more food than we wanted and (worst of all) the food had been prepared long before and suffered from sitting in the warmer for much too long. The bar ender couldn't make a kir--didn't even know what creme de cassis is. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We went on valentines day with a preset menu (a bit overpriced). Although the food was good, we had the feeling they were trying to turn tables very fast and push people out. I'd recommend to a friend just not on a preset menu / specific 'holiday'.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ziziki ValentineMarioDallasVIPDined on 2/14/2014Server was overly personal and had problems with wine service. Server tried very hard to please. Probably just needs more experience and training. Wine was well priced. Original ticket charged for 6 persons instead of 3 but quickly corrected when pointed out.Special Features:
- Geat Valentine's DinnerRCBrownDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Ziziki's. We were seated in the annex which tends to be quieter and more intimate. The food and wine were exquisite and we followed that up with a generous serving of Ouzo. The waitstaff was helpful and unobtrusive. It was overall an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Night with childrenyummyinmytummyVIPDined on 2/14/2014We were fabulously impressed with Zizikis and Frida, our server - who on Valentine's night, was incredibly attentive to our table of six - comprised of two couples and our two rowdy little boys. We were thrilled that the restaurant accommodated a group of six in the first place, and they treated us as well (if not better) than all the lovebirds. The food was delicious (as always.) My son and I arrived a little before the rest of our party and was hungry. Frida asked the kitchen to prepare some Ziziki bread, which was NOT on the limited Valentine's day menu, to keep him from losing it. The wine flowed constantly, the food came out delicious and in timely manner. You're my valentine this year, Zizikis.Special Features:
- Awesome food!ChrisDined on 2/14/2014Great food and awesome service. The only thing that bugged me was the fixed menu on Valentine's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2014Excellent food and service as always. We always enjoy gping there to dine and will return as soon as we return to the Dallas area.Special Features:
- A consistent winner!JanlDined on 1/31/2014Ziziki's is our regular go-to restaurant for terrific Greek food and also innovative dishes such as Paella with a different twist. We have a standing date with another couple and wouldn't think of going anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperienceNeilCVIPDined on 1/10/2014Service is wonderful, food is excellent, and location is always great for a nice meal. When it's nice outside, sitting in the courtyard is so nice. One of my most consistently great restaurants in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never dissapointsTommyTDined on 11/23/2013This is one of my favorite places to eat and it never disappoints. zizikis is a great place regardless of the occasion. The food always taste so light and fresh. The tiramisu was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night specialDeanoDined on 11/15/2013Our three children and wives took my wife and me to Ziziki's for my birthday dinner. Everyone loved it, including the mushroom and hummus appretizers. The service could not have been better. Two of our daughters in-law cleaned their plate which is unusual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek MenujbekkaDined on 11/9/2013We only had the starter which had a little of everything and was wonderful. We left because our waitress was rude. I'd love to give it another try just not with her. On the starter plate was grape leaves, lamb cheeses, phyllo, artichoke dip, pita and various condiments. It was so good and the presentation was also great. I was looking forward to having a great meal and so disappointed that the waitress had to ruin it for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ownership change?Pj2337Dined on 11/7/2013It's been a while since I visited. Used to dine regularly. Food has changed, no bad by any means but a step backwards.
- We enjoyed our lunch! We triedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2013We enjoyed our lunch! We tried the Lamb skewers, it was delicious! it's a great place for lunch/business meeting. Remember to use GOOGLE map for directions,not iPhone map, otherwise it will take you to Loop 12 and Preston center.Special Features:
- What a pleasant evening!Diana2flyDined on 10/24/2013My sister and I have shared a birthday dinner every year for the past 40+ years. Ziziki's is one of the best restaurants we've experienced! The ambience was perfect for the occasion, the food was delicious and the price was moderate.Special Features:
- Delicious EveningBigDvisitorDined on 10/20/2013The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars was because they were out of the sea bass. But my husband got the salmon instead & said it was delish - especially the orzo that came with it. I had the shrimp souvlaki with a side of mixed veggies. All was great. The waitress brought us both wine that we enjoyed, so the evening was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemNeighborVIPDined on 10/19/2013This a very good, little restaurant. The evening we dined it seemed to be short-handed but they did their best to attend to us. I strongly urge the owners to replace the vent hood over the grill. The current one is not strong enough and does not extract enough odors and smoke when you sit in the back of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuffetNameDined on 10/6/2013Good buffet! A little crowded but still good! Recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.