Ziziki's - N. Dallas
11661 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ziziki's - N. Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zizikis.com/
- Phone: 4692329922
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Costa Arabatzis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer all of our Ziziki's favorites on our catering-to-go menu, as well as on-site catering in your home or office, and catering for your private dining events at Ziziki's Preston/Forest.
- Private Party Facilities: Ziziki's Preston/Forest offers semi-private rooms up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Neel Gibbons 469-232-9922
- Special Events: Join us for our Award Winning Mother's Day Brunch. Make your reservation today for Mother's Day on May 12, 2013. 469-232-9922.
A word from Ziziki's - N. Dallas
Neighborhood bistro specializing in Mediterranean cuisine, with a focus on Greek and Italian. Best New Restaurant by customers and food critics. Awarded the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for every year opened.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ziziki's - N. Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (11)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Super placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014Wonderful food, attentive and knowledgable service (but no hovering), nice ambiance -- just an all-around great restaurant. Great lunch spot for a quick lunch or a leisurely gathering. Greek/Mediterranean food at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek-Good comfort foodimonsecondVIPDined on 7/28/2014While the Travis Walk Ziziki's is the signature place, we go to this one as it is closer and the menu is similar. Try the Greek Board, a pretty good sampler of appetizers. To me, it is the Greek equivalent of an Italian or TexMex neighborhood restaurant and sometimes that's what you really want. Service was great, and they were very accommodating about my Opentable request for a table away from the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014We ordered vegetarian option and food was delicious. I felt like it is more like Greek restaurant. But it's a good choice for a change. Ambience was alright. Small place but service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedcolorfulplateDined on 7/4/2014We took my husband to Ziziki's to celebrate his birthday. We had eaten at the location in Addison a few months ago and enjoyed it, but apparently it is no longer in business, so we went to the North Dallas location. My husband and I each ordered a Gyro sandwich with grilled veggies. My daughter had a Greek salad. We all drank water. The bill was almost $60. Wow. And the gyro meat was greasy. In future we will stay closer to home where the gyros are much less greasy, come wrapped in paper and cost less than $10 each. Those veggies weren't worth that much.
- Nice Date NightCharmaineDined on 6/20/2014Drink list was yummy, staff very nice and attentive. Food is really good and was a great place to have a relaxing and nice evening .Special Features:
- Ziziki Mother's Day brunchStPatDined on 5/11/2014The food was awesome and free Mimosa's. My son took me here for Mother's Day brunch and we both loved the selection of food and the atmosphere and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 146 reviews are from the Ziziki's - N. Dallas reviews archive.
- Always wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/23/2013They have added some new stuff. Very good. Really liked the Trio Hummus plate. The Baklava Ice Cream Cake is the best anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best Greek foodCarloVIPDined on 6/18/2013Probably the best Greek food in Dallas. I love the dips! Great little neighborhood find with a very nice and courteous staff. Some great designer cocktails too!!Special Features:
- Our family enjoyed the Father'slee3Dined on 6/16/2013Our family enjoyed the Father's Day Brunch. The service was great and they handled food allergies exceptionally well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday celebration favoriteGritsVIPDined on 5/6/2013Our book club celebrates our birthdays at Ziziki's. The food is consistently good and the service is always attentive. We always have a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, disappointed in beerfordtDined on 5/4/2013Looked around on net while visiting in Dallas for a place to meet a friend. Settled on Ziziki's, very good food overall, albeit pricey appetizers. Website had menus and wine list which stated "rotating craft beer selections" only to find bartender didn't know what a craft beer was and suggested Lone Star or Shiner.....yikes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but if your not concernedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Pricey but if your not concerned with the mighty dollars the food was good drinks were the biggest cost (10-15 per glass) but a good selection.
- definitely recommend thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2013definitely recommend this restaurant. Great, neighborhood place. recommended by a friend as having fantastic food and we agreed totally. Will be back.Special Features:
- YUM! the food, drinks andmatthewVIPDined on 3/28/2013YUM! the food, drinks and service were really great. We decided last minute to go out for dinner and tried zizikis as I was driving by. so glad we did .
- We were in Dallas for oneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013We were in Dallas for one night and looking for a good restaurant. We love Mediterranean food and the reviews were favorable, so we tried Ziziki's. The food was absolutely excellent, the wine list offered some very nice selections, and the service was tremendous. We would definitely recommend Ziziki's to friends and will certainly eat there again.Special Features:
- Special Birthday Lunch!!!dallasdiningdivas25yrsDined on 2/27/2013The food was delicious!!! The food was beautifully presented. The restaurant had a clean crisp Greek appearance. The Baklava Ice Cream Cake was the perfect birthday surprise....thank you for the special touch!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Modern MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We visited Ziziki's in a search for excellent Mediterranean food and we got just that. From appetizers all the way through dessert, every dish was wonderful. The wait staff was courteous and prompt and the ambiance was warm. We would definitely go back again and have recommended it heartily already.Special Features:
- Great V-day spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Went w/my boyfriend for V-day. We were sat right away, the service was excellent, food & atmosphere were great. This is one of my fav places.Special Features:
- Food always good, noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/13/2013Food always good, noise level ok, not too bad and service always professional and prompt.Special Features:
- Greek taste only in the nameSmart72inDined on 2/13/2013I have expected Greek cuisine and having lived in Greece for several years, but I was quite disappointed. Given the name "Ziziki's" I thought that at least the famous Zaziki dish will be the highlight. Unfortunately it had nothing to do with Greek yoghurt and dried cucumbers as the recipe says...Special Features:
- We were celebrating an adultOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2013We were celebrating an adult birthday, and several children were present. They set up a separate room to accommodate us, and the server was very helpful in both patience and knowledge of the menu. The food is always delicious. We would not hesitate to return for either a special occasion or for a casual dinner with friends.Special Features:
- 5 star excellent read my review!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013This was my first time at Zizikis. I proposed to my girlfriend of four years there on jan 11,2013. I had to organize everything with the staff there, as it was a surprise to my girlfriend. I called them ahead of time, I wanted to have "will you marry me" written on the outside of the dessert Plate, and they didn't have anything that could write on plate, BUT they went to a store especially for me, To get something that they could write on the plate.. WOW! That was very impressive. I had very specific plans for how I wanted to do it, I had a staff member record me proposing, they put me on a very good Table, and made everything as perfect as it could have been. This is a fantastic restaurant, and the food was great!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurant!TXdinerVIPDined on 12/26/2012Great neighborhood restaurant! Consistently good food.Special Features:
- Good and will return! I doNameDined on 12/2/2012Good and will return! I do wish they had a Sunday brunch at this location.Special Features:
- Humus was very flavorful asroadwarriorVIPDined on 11/24/2012Humus was very flavorful as was the salad with lamb.Special Features:
- Whether out with friends orTXdinerVIPDined on 11/10/2012Whether out with friends or my husband this is always a good pick for an enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- we had a great dinner, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2012we had a great dinner, service was good, food was surprisingly good, and uniqueSpecial Features:
- we met very dear friends weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2012we met very dear friends we hadn't seen in years for dinner Ziziki's, and it was a delightful evening. the food was good, as was the wine, the waitstaff pleasant, friendly, and did not try to hurry anyone. there are not many Greek restaurants here, so it was extra enjoyable.Special Features:
- The service was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012The service was great. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They accommodated our sharing of appetizers and some entrees so well. I can't believe how cute this restaurant is, and the food is over the top. I will go back on a date their soon. The manager has a positive and very supportive presence on the floor, and will insure you have a great experience. She does incredibly well at her job. Make sure to end you meal with the baklava cake. You will not regret it.Special Features:
- We both loved everything aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012We both loved everything about Ziziki's especially the food!!!Special Features:
- We had a nice time. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2012We had a nice time. Food was good. It is a little expensive for what you get.
- The "rate your experience"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012The "rate your experience" box, probably was designed by a politician; the adjectives are all politically correct. Under noise, there is no selection of "noisy" (which it was), just energetic.......which it was not. I don't particularly enjoy hearing other people's conversations when out to dinner. And the dragging of the chairs across the floor was even more unpleasant. Food was good and was just the thing to end an otherwise lack luster week on a more pleasant note. Service...someone came in 10 minutes later, and got their food within 10 while we were still waiting. Guess they called in their order? (same waiter) Next time a lamb "fix" arises, think I'll see about placing an order to go. Then can enjoy it in peace and quiet.
- Lamb FanOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2012Ziziki's has always been one of my favorite restaurants. The food is conistantly good and the service is some of the best in the industry. Although, I was not a lamb fan the first time I went to Ziziki's, after being urged by my friends, I tried the lamb. I am now a lover of Ziziki's lamb! It was and is and probably will always be outstanding!!!Special Features:
- This is a favorite neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2012This is a favorite neighborhood restaurant. The ambiance is that of a 5 star restaurant. The lighting is perfect and there is always a nice bustle to the place. The wait staff has been there a long time and are experienced servers. They know when to approach and when not. Service has always been top notch. The food is wonderful and always consistent. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Met a friend for lunch, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012Met a friend for lunch, staff was friendly, let us linger over coffee without any pressure to leave. Had the chicken salad, very good.Special Features:
- We found you in North DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012We found you in North Dallas at Coit and Arapaho, wish you were still there, too. We like the Addison location and several of those menu items that are not at the Forest location. Love the Tony Bennett and Rod Stewart playing inthe background. Great date night for us !!Special Features:
- Ziziki's remains a consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2012Ziziki's remains a consistent favorite for our family. Food is excellent, service is just right and the atmosphere is spot on.Special Features:
- A good date spot, but tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012A good date spot, but too crowded for group larger than 6. Food is excellent, but a bit on the pricey side for the quantity you receive. The baklava ice cream cake is wonderful.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We went on Mother's Day. No notification was on the ZiZiki's website that Mother's Day dining would be buffet only and no menu items would be available. Very disappointing. The lamb was tough, chewy, overcooked, and had absolutely no distinctive lamb flavor at all. The shrimp were neither shelled nor deveined which is distasteful dining. The best thing on the buffet was the hummus and pita. Otherwise, bland and forgettable. Won't go back.
- A favorite restaurant forGritsVIPDined on 5/10/2012A favorite restaurant for my book club. We have celebrated several birthdays at the Preston Forest location.Special Features: