129 Havemeyer st
Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zizilimona.com/
- Phone: 3477631463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: Saturday-Sunday: 5:00pm -11:30pm
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 11:30am-5:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Israeli, Moroccan, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: NIR MESIKA
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater any size for lunch, dinners ,and special events with personalized menus
- Entertainment: Lively, cool music
- Special Events: Look forward to our upcoming Cellar Shows!
A word from Zizi Limona
Zizi Limona commits to transport you to grandma’s Middle Eastern kitchen but in the style and comfort that is unique to Williamsburg. Sourcing fresh seasonal and local ingredients, it offers updated versions of many familiar classics like the Cowshuka, poached eggs in shakshuka tomato stew served with skirt steak seasoned with preserved lemons & rosemary. Feast your taste buds on flavors from all four corners of the Mediterranean with crazy Italian style babaganoush, North African Tershi, Israeli style stuffed root veggies, Egyptian roasted vegetable hummus, and a signature oxtail Bureka. Finish with traditional charcoal black coffee and sweeter than sweet Basbosa Semolina cake.Continued
*Expect a $25 dollar minimum per person for all reservations.
*Expect a $25 dollar minimum per person for all reservations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Zizi Limona - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Zizi Limona reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (8)hot spot (5)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)romantic (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014Solid restaurant, and fun place. But won't be blown away by the food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014incredibly flavorful and delicious - interesting ingredients and combinations. Great vibe, helpful service. Couldn't recommend it more!Special Features:
- Impressive findvisitingSavannahDined on 9/6/2014Selected this place based on overall high review scores on Google. The restaurant is definitely worth it's reviews: the food it creative and tasty, pleasant atmosphere, friendly service. Visited with a group of friends and everyone had a good time and liked the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rreatsDined on 8/31/2014Nice neighborhood place without a hard liquor license, however. Serving wine in roly poly little glasses is humourous but gauche. Friendly people pretty good service but I probably won't return. Nice for their Biilyburger clientele.Special Features:
- Great food in a dincriticVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great food, as usual. Short rib especially outstanding. Generous portions. Silan dessert slightly disappointing compared to other spots around town and original in Israel. Noise made conversation very difficult. Can't bring some people here just for that reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here!BKdinerDined on 8/24/2014The food was fresh and delicious and flavorful and every plate we ordered we scraped clean. Our waiter (Chris?) was very helpful with the menu and an entertaining and attentive waiter. We'll definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food overallSteakfor2for1Dined on 8/21/2014Pretty much everything was spot on at Zizi Limona. The hummus, charred beet/lentil salad, and wild salmon entree were particular standouts.Special Features:
- great foodymcebsVIPDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant serves Israeli/Mediterranean food, but not the "regular" food you can find in similar restaurants. Each dish is very creative and tastes great. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Worst customer service of all time.hateziziDined on 8/15/2014After waiting over an hour for appetizers and politely asking what was going on, my table of four was greeted with actual screams from the restaurant's owner, who made a scene in front of his entire clientele and yelled at us to get out. As a New Yorker and waitress of many years, I have never seen anything like this.
- Saved my family dinnerOH2BKDined on 7/27/2014The meals here are always delicious but unsuspecting by description. They also were wonderfully acomidating to our needs (we had some much older family members) considering how young and hip the restaurant is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the hike from the burbsCece2Dined on 7/26/2014We loved zizi's. The baba G was fabulous and the piles of other small plates were scrumptous!!! Chris are server was great with recommendations and fun and attentive.Special Features:
- Always great!LaurenAVIPDined on 6/15/2014Zizi Limona serves creative and inspired Mediterranean cuisine. The menu is always innovative and the chef cooks in a kitchen open to the restaurant. This is a gem of a restaurant that is a local favorite. It is always great.Special Features:
- FantasticFirsttimerDined on 6/6/2014Great flavor to every dish. Young and extremely talented chef. Very welcoming snd always on-hand owner/manager. Judt a special place. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodTamar77Dined on 5/30/2014Zizi limona: modern Israeli food. Food made with love from creative checf. Everything on the menu is very good. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Zizi Limona reviews archive.
- Authentic MediterraneanjayroseDined on 4/5/2014The food was different and authentic. Everything tasted great. Small plates are encouraged for a family style. Service was friendly and attentive. Ambiance was rustic, low lighting, and great music. I would definitely recommend and go back soon.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantMrudbeckDined on 3/16/2014Really enjoyed both the ambiance and the food. Looking forward to going back!!!Special Features:
- We were the only guests whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2014We were the only guests when I arrived at 7 pm dinner. However, food and service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day dining could not have been more enjoyable. Our waiter was amazing, funny and helped to guide our dining experience by suggesting how our order should come out. The food was just spot on, and flirted with haute cuisine mixing with family style middle eastern in a way that elevated the meal. The falafel was off the chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, underrated placeMaxbelDined on 1/30/2014I was here last week and it was fantastic. Great, interesting food, great service, and really good prices. My only complaint was that it was a bit cold in the restaurant. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great twist on Mediterranean foodLaurenAVIPDined on 1/25/2014Zizi Limona is a great restaurant that is unique in Williamsburg. The food is fresh, creative and delicious and the open kitchen lets diners watch the food being prepared. The service is excellent and the staff is friendly. Highly recommend this innovative restaurant. Really enjoyable meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedDanerVIPDined on 1/19/2014Wow, I was not expecting the caliber food we received from Zizi Limona! Freshly baked little pita breads for the table, we ate several. My dad was so into his lamb pita that he didn't speak to us the entire meal until he was finished. I was nervous that he wasn't enjoying but clearly I was wrong. Everything was amazing, and even more unexpectedly so was the wine which was from Macedonia. Will definitely be revisiting soon!Special Features:
- LoveJesvDined on 1/17/2014Love this place! Great for group dinners. Food is delicious and service is superb. One of my new favorite places in BKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so food & loud musicEllenMVIPDined on 12/31/2013There are better choices for food, ambiance and service in Williamsburg.
- Lovely experience for a familyAmeeDined on 12/15/2013Lovely experience for a family birthday dinner. Super friendly despite my toddler being a toddler. Most important - food was delicious! Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food but excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/13/2013This place is really overhyped but I found the hummus and middle eastern fare very basic and below average. Its a great place for meat lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLaurenAVIPDined on 11/8/2013Great place with a unique take on Mediterranean food. Menu has a range of wonderful options. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mediterranean/MiddleLauraVIPDined on 11/2/2013Excellent Mediterranean/Middle Eastern tapas and dishes. Get a bunch of the small plates and share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.