4615 West Lovers Lane
Dallas, TX 75209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ziocecio.com/
- Phone: 2143511100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francesco Farris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve our air conditioned/heated patio or the main dinning room for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Hannah Thompson 2145665569
A word from Zio Cecio
Zio Cecio is an Italian affair with a Sardinian twist; dine on a selection of antipasti platters, or featured pastas and risottos prepared with fresh seasonal vegetables. Or enjoy wood-fire pizzas and signature entrees featuring organic beef, lamb pork, chicken and fresh seafood accompanied by festive wines and specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Zio Cecio - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Zio Cecio reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (10)special occasion (8)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not worth the money.DMG2014Dined on 8/9/2014Too loud, could not communicate with my party. Way too much salt on everything. Our reservations were at 6:15 on Saturday night.. my friend ordered cheesecake, they were out of it.. how are you out of anything at 6;15 on a Saturday night.
- Truly authentic taste of ItalyLive2EatDined on 7/18/2014Great jewel of a restaurant with excellent food, wine and service. My family and I dine several times a month at Zio Cecio and find the quality and consistency never disappoints. If you love the high energy ambiance and culinary quality of Neighborhood Services on Lovers Ln but want a truly Italian experience, drive down 1/2 mile. Zio Cecio will not disappoint. Chef Francesco and his dedicated staff make Zio Cecio one of our all time favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great dinner!ShannonDined on 7/18/2014Zio Cecio is an outstanding Italian restaurant. The only thing that might possibly outshine the cuisine is the owner and his staff. They are incredible, very knowledgeable, extremely attentive and great fun. The food is always excellent, especially the fish. Wine list is extensive and well-priced. I could eat at this place every night and never get bored!Special Features:
- GreggVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been here several times and the food and service are always very good. Until next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but need some improvementloulouDined on 7/10/2014Was glad to try this new spot following an old favorite Italian neighborhood spot. Food was very good but service was a bit slow and in attentive. Wine was in the same glass as water. They would do well to offer thinner rimmed wine glasses. Will definitely go back and give them another try! Everyone was very nice and friendly. I think we just caught them with a new waitress.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goddess1Dined on 6/29/2014Everything we had was very good. The fish for two was beautifully prepared and served - and delicious. Pasta Carbonara was the best I've ever tasted. Mussels were notable. It is a small restaurant with nice ambiance and a cute enclosed outside area. I highly recommend this for excellent native Sardinian cuisine!Special Features:
- Good Food. Bad Service.LikeFoodDined on 6/27/2014Food was good. Service was very bad. Unfortunately, our waiters breath was so bad it actually ruined our meal. Service throughout the meal was ad hac and often very inattentive. Wine was served in the incorrect stemware (fine white wine served in table water stemware). The decor of the restaurant, while I guess trying to strike a comfortable vibe, does not match the sophistication of the food. While I would describe the food as fine dining, from the moment one walks into Zio Cecio it is clear that the overall experience is not going to be fine dining but more of a trattoria.Special Features:
- TerribleVIPDined on 6/14/2014Very poor service. So hot inside!!!! Doors open and not enough air cond!
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014We arrived and immediately the manager was concerned about sitting us even though we had a reservation. We waited an hour. There was a new bartender working who had no idea how to make any drinks and when we were finally seated it took over 30 minutes for any food to arrive to our table.
- Horrible experienceNeverAgainDined on 6/14/2014We had reservations for four and were seated immediately. Waiter was pretty quick to come to the table and we ordered a bottle of wine and two appetizers. After 30 minutes, we had to call the Maitre'D over and ask about the wine. Nothing! New waiter appeared. After 20 more minutes and me getting up and walking over to the bar to talk to the waiter, we got our wine after 1 hour. Appetizers came in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Entrees came 5 minutes after that. Food was nothing more than what I could have made and I'm no foodie. When the new waiter came to offer the desert menu, I told him no thank you and that we were going to cut our losses and leave. All of the sudden, 2 deserts and 4 lemoncello's came out. Too little too late.
- Great food and serviceLynnVVIPDined on 6/14/2014Outdoor patio is quieter than inside the restaurant and has a retractable roof so you can truly dine al fresco during the right weather. 4 of us had dinner, all ordered something different and shared bites so I can attest that everything was amazing. Portions are just the right size, not so big that you feel overwhelmed. Great wine too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- babsVIPDined on 5/25/2014was disappointed in everything all 4 of us ordered. it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great, especially for the high price.
- Delightful surprise!HeadhunterVIPDined on 5/16/2014What a wonderful surprise! A truly superb Italian spot in an unpretentious little building. The mussels were as delectable as anywhere-if not better. The redsnapper encrusted in salt was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Certainly will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealSteeldudeDined on 4/25/2014I wanted to take my wife out for her birthday. I wanted something nice with good food, but not super formal. Zio Cecio was a perfect fit. This was our third time eating here and it continues to be outstanding. This place is clearly a neighborhood favorite, as the waitstaff, chef knew several of the folks by name. The food was amazing. The service was very good, but could have been a bit more attentive. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Zio Cecio reviews archive.
- Zio CecioShannonDined on 4/19/2014This is a fantastic restaurant. The waitstaff is incredible and very personable and the food is outstanding. They have a reasonable corkage fee if you prefer to bring your own wine but they also have an excellent wine list. The owner comes around to all the tables to visit and really cares about how you feel about his restaurant. We have been there twice and will continue to return!Special Features:
- Italian Done RightScottDined on 4/11/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner for my daughters 18th birthday. Food and service was excellent. The staff went out of there way to make my daughter feel very special. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time was a charm!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014Excellent menu variety, well executed wiih first class service. Met all expectations. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally found a good Italian RestojimmgtsciDined on 4/5/2014We have been looking for a good Italian restaurant that doesn't just smother everything in red sauce and this one meets the bill. There were several unusual items on the menu (we had the salt crusted red snapper) that one will find in the Adriatic but very few places in town. They also have the staples (risotto/pasta/pizza) but done in a more sophisticated manner than others. While the menu was a bit pricey, and the wine lists also seemed a little aggressively priced, overall we felt it was worth it. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dallas Restaurant Hands DownJohnCarlaDined on 4/5/2014My Family are big time foodies and have eaten all over the world and have certainly eaten at all of Dallas's "best". Since finding Zio's, we have eaten there every weekend. Can not get enough. If you want real Italian food in an atmosphere that's like home with friends, go to Zio's. Chef Francesco is passionate and a master at his craft which is apparent bite after bite. Francesco and team takes it above and beyond service, it's like you have known them for years on first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJDRBMXVIPDined on 4/4/2014Love this neighborhood gem. Always busy but doesn't feel overcrowded. Food is awesome and the service is better.Special Features:
- Very disappointed. Tuna tartarMikeDined on 3/29/2014Very disappointed. Tuna tartar was sliced so thin you couldn't taste it over the olive. Halibut and linquini bolognese were both mediocre. Order a second glass of wine that never came. Will not return and will not recommend to friends.
- AuthenticEatingoutcoupleDined on 2/22/2014Very nice experience walking into Zio on Saturday night. You could tell the chef took pride in this restaurant because he was walking around and visiting with patrons. Our server was awesome but I forgot his name. Portions are a little smaller than you would expect but I actually preferred it. Salad was good but not great, but the mussels were awesome! We had seafood ravioli and they were filled to perfection and the sauce was so good! The wine was fantastic and not super expensive. We had a slice of tiramisu and the server brought out a complimentary glass of desert wine. Nice touch. This place isn't over the top but I would consider it a nice place to dine on a date night. Also looked fun for a small group.Special Features:
- enjoyed the food, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014enjoyed the food, the service was not great. I think there was a food critic or were personal friends of the chef near us- they received ALL of the wait staff's attention and we were left with empty drinks on several occasions. Food delivery was slow and lacking - one of our dishes didn't even make it to the table with the rest of the main dishes - granted they provided a pizza until the main dish was available, but it was par for the course. We had to ask several times for refills on water and we waited 15 minutes for our check after we requested it. During that time, the wait staff spent all of their time at the favored table of 4. disappointed;we had such a great experience before - then again we were with friends of the chef.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDallasDavDined on 2/15/2014We expected quality food. The veal chop was Overcooked, the beef was so-so and the pizza Was great. We didn't come for pizza! Our waitress Didn't communicate well and was difficult to explan modifications to her
- love this placebenb1234Dined on 2/14/2014My favorite place for Italian in Dallas. Francesco is the best.Special Features:
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Food was very average. Although we had reservations they were running 30 minutes late. Service was spotty at best. They looked completely understaffed. Waiter was hard to find and mostly disinterested. Food was cold. I wouldn't bother with this place. Too many other good Italian places out there.
- Always good at Zio!Real4427VIPDined on 2/14/2014We love, love, love the red snapper encrusted in salt. Chocolate mousse was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will return for suredallasDined on 2/11/2014It was great, I will return for sure soon next time am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally overpriced for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Totally overpriced for food that was only so-so. Wouldn't go back
- Strong as ever...LivermanVIPDined on 1/15/2014Zio Cecio reprises Arcodoro/Pomodoro in an intimate, almost rustic setting. But Chef Francesco's always fresh, innovative offerings continue to surprise. The ingredients are consistently fresh and never overcooked or bland. We loved it, once more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but not good neither.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Not bad, but not good neither. With the price, I would not go back.
- good food, but not so good pricesFoodiesDined on 12/17/2013The waiter was a really nice guy, who explained all dishes very well and was always around to serve us well. The food was pretty good, even though the portions were quite small for the price, but I would go there again for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was finedinerDined on 12/8/2013I am very picky about Italian food and found this retaurant to be ok. The salad and pasta was over dressed/sauced but did taste very good. To be fair we did go on the 3rd day of an ice storm which likely contributed to my 'good' review rather than a higher rating. I will try it again on a normal day.
- interesting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013Many of the reviews i read on here talked about poor service. We did not have any complaints there. The dining room was packed but we never felt ignored. Food was really good - carpaccio, lasagna and veal were all excellent. Even better was the fresh ricotta with honey and pepper for dessert. Worth coming back just for that. Only real complaint was ambiance. Laminated menus, noise level and tv in bar did not seem to fit the almost 200 dollar dinner my wife and I had. Food really is good though and many items unique to Dallas dining scene, just don't expect romantic night outSpecial Features:
- What's not to like?SczsaVIPDined on 11/22/2013This was our first visit to Zio Cecio. The service was attentive but not overbearing. We shared a delicious beef carpaccio with parmasean and capers which was perfectly dressed. Along with a great bottle of Italian white wine recommended by our waiter it was a great start. My SO had the homemade fettuccine with bolognese sauce. Perfect. I had the special: roast suckling pig with roasted potatoes. OMG: this was some of the best roasted meat I have ever had. the potatoes were good but paled in compaison to the pork. my only nit: the Tiramisu was only ok. All in all, we loved this meal and will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatBerlinDined on 11/15/2013Off the beaten path but once inside all things are delicious. Fresh pasta, nice wine list, excellent staff very attentive to our group of four. Specials for our dining pleasure allowed us to share and even be adventurous. Roasted pork shank perfectly seasoned and beautifully presented. Pizza on thin crust best in years. Simple pasta dish with cured meats just Devine, asked chef to add a touch of heat mmmm...... Desert shared by all with coffee. Tawny Port finished the evening. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our latest visit left us feeling,luvfood5VIPDined on 11/6/2013Our latest visit left us feeling, it would be our last for awhile. What seemed to start as a good place to go when it opened, has gradually seemed to have lost what it had offered. An entirely mediocre dining experience, at a price that offered no value.
- week night dinnerkarenDined on 10/18/2013Always enjoy, but this time was more special due to the outstanding service. We wanted to try a new wine and were introduced to a bottle from a family vinyard. Wow, a really nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had high expectations goingKimADined on 10/18/2013I had high expectations going in, as I heard how great the food was. The food was good, but it wasn't great. The service could use some improvement as our waiter wasn't very attentive to us once he had another table to attend to. At first he was a little pushy and then he completely ignored us as we wanted to order but he wouldn't come back to our table. Kept trying to make eye contact but he seemed more interested in other tables than ours.Special Features:
- Great ItaliantexasmamaVIPDined on 10/12/2013We had a nice dinner at Zio Cecio last weekend. We ordered the mashed potatoes with mushrooms and foaccacia bread for appetizers which were all good. My husband had the mushroom chicken, I had the Bronzino special and our friends had the pasta with meatballs and the fish special of Black Cod with veggies. All of our entrees were delicious. For dessert we split the tiramisu which was also great.Special Features: