27 Main St #C101
Edwards, CO 81632Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zinoristorante.com/
- Phone: (970) 926-0777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - close (Bar opens at 5:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nick Haley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Zino Ristorante
Zino Ristorante is a lively Italian restaurant from the creators of Sweet Basil. Located in the heart of the Vail Valley, Zino is perfectly situated on the Eagle River in Edwards Colorado. Chef Nick Haley serves contemporary Italian cuisine from an open kitchen, best known for wood fired pizzas, house made pastas and our famous mussels. The large bar and lounge area offers casual dining overlooking the restaurant, and is always buzzing with locals and visitors alike. The wine list features the best of Italian and American wine, created with passion by Owner Giuseppe Bosco. In the warmer months, dinner is also served on our riverside patio, where you can join or watch a game of bocce on the regulation-size court. Come visit us for a taste of Italy in the Rocky Mountains...Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Zino Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Edwards ›
Zino Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (21)vibrant bar scene (20)scenic view (18)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (15)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)late-night find (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- excellentjenkDined on 11/6/2014Great selection of food and wine. Everything tasted fresh and homemade, will definitely come again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short ribs with long tasteArneisDined on 10/17/2014This is the time of year when Vail Valley residents have restaurants to themselves and great menu specials to choose from. Two courses for $21 provides a feast. Special on the menu Friday was arancini - fried risotto balls - topped with béchamel and a little salad. My husband had that. Delicious. I had the house-made burrata with toasted ciabatta and heirloom cherry tomatoes. For main course, order the Costatine and you'll discover layers of flavors and textures screaming to be paired with something Italian and red. There's no shortage of choices of red wines - and white, too - at Zino.Special Features:
- LuvmountainfoodDined on 10/17/2014Their house made burrata was great. The pasta is homemade with wonderful sauces. Also, their gelato hit the spot to end a fabulous meal.Special Features:
- IleneDined on 9/11/2014The mussels are the best. Great ambiance. A favorite in the Vail ValleySpecial Features:
- Awesome FoodluvgoodsteakDined on 9/6/2014We were thrilled with the service and food. Had the pork chops which were amazing. Great kids menu as well.Special Features:
- Specials are truly specialArneisDined on 8/30/2014In many restaurants, "special" translates to "Chef has to get rid of product before it goes bad." Not so at Zino. It truly is something special that Chef Nick Haley has obtained and converted into a delightful dish. Porcini and chanterelles are just such products. Rarely in late August thru Sept does one not find these delicious fungi foraged locally in the Rocky Mtn high country. Porcini risotto is just one of those items. This year's risotto is Chef's best ever. Wild mushrooms are not the only things available to delight diners - the menu, which changes seasonally is full of great choices for all appetites. Don't miss the pizzas! Wine? Zino has a great wine list full of rarely-seen-on-wine-lists wines from Italy, particularly Piemonte.Special Features:
- Girls nite outGirlsniteoutDined on 8/29/2014It was a great nite out but would suggest a couple more reasonable items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUInputDined on 8/26/2014Our group of four enjoyed the dinner but the results were mixed. Many of my mussels starter were burnt. The pasta & mushroom special was excellent. Our waiter was very cordial but attentive because of the number of tables she was serving. We'll come back with hopes of improvements.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, food disappointingLesApt13Dined on 8/22/2014We sat outside on the pleasant patio and received attentive service. Unfortunately, the food was disappointing. I had the pappardelle and my wife had a pasta special with shrimp. The portions were large, but the flavoring of the sauces on both dishes was just mediocre. Maybe time for a recipe review or some fresher ingredients?Special Features:
- Wonderful surprise!JimMDined on 8/20/2014This was our first visit. We have visited the Vail/Avon area frequently in the past 5 years as we own a condo here, but missed Zino because it is not easily visible from the main road. My wife had the soup of the day, and I had the Raviolo appetizer (wow!). Then she had the fettucini and I had the seafood pasta, because they make their own pasta and we were urged by our friends to try it. The food is DELICIOUS! The ambiance is great. The service knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. it is by far the best value of top restaurants in this area. As my wife said, "this one is a keeper".Special Features:
- Great pizza !RickVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great Tuesday mussels night (1/2 off) and the best Margharita pizza this side of Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half off mussles TuesdayDanLDined on 8/12/2014Mussels are the best deal at 1/2 off . Delicious! Other food was good too. Service was very spotty... Kept having to ask for things that should have been offered like a clean plate, pepper, balsamic...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Four of us ate here on a recent evening and ended up sharing several appetizers as well as a couple of pizzas. We had mussels, the burrata, prosciutto with melon, along with a nice Italian red wine. Our waiter was great, as was the food. We all decided we'd be back.Special Features:
- good food, good servicefoodielisaVIPDined on 8/11/2014We dined for the first time and Zino and we're pleasantly surprised. The pizzas looked amazing (although we didn't enjoy one). The burrata was delicious. We didn't enjoy the asparagus egg salad as it was over truffle oiled but the server took it off our bill. My husband had the boar pasta, it was very good. I had a fish special and it was also very good. We'll definitely visit Zino again.Special Features:
- Something has changedgrtfoodDined on 8/7/2014The quality of the 4 different entrees we had a few nights ago where outstanding and the portion sizes seem to have been increased. Kudos to all of the staffSpecial Features:
- SusanDined on 8/6/2014We dined at this restaurant twice while visiting the Beaver Creek/Edwards area. The food is innovative and delicious. When we could not decide between two pasta dishes, the waiter suggested we get a half order of each. A wonderful bottle of Italian wine was recommended and we enjoyed it on the second visit too. A very cool atmosphere along the river which is lovely for outside dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Zino is a really pretty restaurant. Food was better than average, service was really slow, but would go there again if we could sit outside if in summer (or inside near the sliding doors that open to the large patio). Restaurant is big and open with a fair amount of outdoor seating. We had a group of five family members visiting and got stuck behind a staircase so it was not good for looking outside. Not a huge deal, but would have gone somewhere else if had know ahead of time.Special Features:
- Love this placeTomJVIPDined on 8/1/2014Zino's is one of our favorite restaurants in the Valley. Love the Pappardele! So good. In fact, everything is good. Make your reservation and enjoy the evening!!Special Features:
- The following 293 reviews are from the Zino Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good food, atmosphere, serviceVDFLsDined on 7/27/2014This is a lovely restaurant away from the overwrought Vail dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Food Extraordinairebb8689Dined on 7/23/2014Zino's consistently delivers a great dining experience with great ambience, great service and outstanding italian cuisine. OUr waiter Jordan was a gem with a friendly personality and attentive service.Special Features:
- ScottsdalevisitorDined on 7/15/2014No follow up needed. Very nice time.... terrific waitress [Katelin?] Mussels were terrificSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Absolutely perfect dining experience! They made our special occasion such a wonderful experience for our whole group! Can't wait to eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish there was a Zino in my townCodyDined on 7/12/2014As always, the thin crust pizza was cooked to a crispy-crusted perfection. Insalata di mare was full of tasty morsels of tender baby octopus, roasted mussels, et al, and the citrus vinaigrette just kissed the greens. The sautéed pieces of Brussels sprout and pancetta will change the mind of anyone who thinks they don't like this veggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza nightArneisDined on 7/11/2014Zino's great for everyone's needs whether a full-on meal, just an antipasto w/ a glass a delicious wine or "only" a pizza w/ highest quality ingredients sitting atop a housemade handspun pizza crust. On this night we had early dinner - antipasto - house made creamy burrata with house made grilled ciabatta - and pizza. Between 3 of us, we ordered a salumi pizza generously topped w/ wild boar sausage, calabrese, guanciale, mozzarella, caramelized red onions & marinara, & funghi pizza with local sourced porcini, shaved Parmigiano, fresh arugula & truffle oil. Pizzas baked in wood fired pizza oven. Ask Giuseppe to guide you on wines. Summer patio experience delightful & one of few in the valley that benefits from close proximity to the river.Special Features:
- Excellent recommendation by localsCAKOVIPDined on 7/7/2014Innovative Italian food. Beet and goat cheese ravioli was delicious. Bread was fantastic (but they need better olive oil!). Really nice environment with outdoor seating overlooking Eagle River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family experienceMisterOVIPDined on 7/5/2014My wife, her sister & husband and 20 year old son plus her niece & her husband and 18 month old son had a marvelous dinner on July 5th . The service was superb and the food was outstanding. Caitlin ? provided excellent recommendations from the wine list and was very friendly and attentive. I did the research on Zino and made the reservation on my own and you made me look like a genius (not easy to do) . Thank you for a wonderful experience. David OvertonSpecial Features:
- Great FoodMtnfoodVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was superb. Loved the mussels as an app. Pasta was to die for. Prosciutto wrapped halibut was delicious too. Dined inside but their patio with bocce was beautiful to look at. Only wish there was a cannoli on the dessert menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued excellenceFoodieDined on 7/4/2014We have loved Zino's for years and the food, service and ambiance continues to please. High standards--delicious cuisine.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemIllinicaneVIPDined on 7/3/2014Have been to Zino's three times now. Each time we have been well served with friendly and well trained staff, the food is delicious and the ambiance is first rate. Worth the trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, good value - NoisyHoopercoDined on 6/30/2014They were slammed so it took a little time for our server to get to us, but once he did the service was very good, friendly and timely. We had the Burrata appetizer which was excellent, the Tre Colori salad and the Fettuccini with wild boar sausage. The pasta was clearly made in house and the combination of the sausage, mushrooms, rapini, and pecorino made an outstanding thin sauce. We asked for extra bread to sop up every drop. We shared everything and were very satisfied. We had thought about ordering one more entree or appetizer, but glad we didn't because it would have been too much. The pizzas we saw come out of the brick oven looked and smelled very good, but we did not try any so I can't say how they tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of Eagle RiverMetoDined on 6/28/2014Large family reunion enjoyed a wonderful meal at Zino while vacationing in Edwards. We also enjoyed playing bocce ball but the court needs to be better maintained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Unique twists on traditional offerings. Staff attentive and knowledgable. Tuesday nights mussel special - order two! Save room for dessert - the tiramisu is authentic. Share dishes to extend this culinary experience. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalBen4VIPDined on 6/23/2014a wonderful experience; great food, atmosphere, service, and value. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Bocci ball!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2014My fish was overlooked, but everyone else's food looked great. The best part was getting to group out for bocci ball out back.Special Features:
- Good night at Zino'sTCfoodiesDined on 6/6/2014We chose Zino Restorante based on wanting to go someplace new and the good reviews we saw. We were more than repaid by the great service and splendid food. The patio dining was perfect, low noise even with a large crowd and several children. It will be a regular place for us from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying Something NewEpicuriousDined on 6/1/2014Everything, ambiance, wine, food, friendly staff made our evening fantastic! We love trying new dishes. I've never had rabbit before. It was delicious! We could have made an entire meal of the cheese appetizer! The service was well-timed and friendly. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodcolodariaDined on 5/25/2014The food was good at Zino. Definitely lives up to the Edwards location expectation. Our food service was a bit slow but it was acknowledged without us saying anything and they gave us a free dessert. We will return. We ordered 3 pizzas. One was a kid size-- almost the size of a dinner plate. But the other 2 normal adult sizes varied widely. One was close to the kid size, while another was overflowing a dinner plate by about 3/4 inch all around. Huge. Veal meatballs very good. Salads unique and tasty.Special Features:
- Time for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014My husband travels a lot. He's about to leave for 2 weeks in Saudi Arabia. We wanted a nice night out before he left and found the perfect place. Food was delicious, service wonderful and the corner table gave us a cozy privacy. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014I have eaten here twice recently. I love it. Sitting up in the bar area is much better than downstairs in my opinion. Pork chop rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowEagleMarkDined on 5/6/2014Some of the best food in the valley. Great ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.