1275 South River Road
Cranbury, NJ 08512Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zinnasbistro.com/
- Phone: (609) 860-9600
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 11 AM to 9 PM
Friday & Saturday: 11 AM to 10 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chris Zinna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Full service on- and off-premise catering options are available for all special occasions all year round.
- Entertainment: Live Music every Thursday evening from 6PM to 9PM.
A word from Zinna's Bistro
Zinna's Bistro is a family-owned and operated Italian-American bistro that opened in January 2010. It is one of the hidden gems that make up the treasured Cranbury community. At Zinna's, we believe good food is simple food made with the freshest, highest quality ingredients available including a variety of produce that grows in our very own on-premise garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Zinna's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Cranbury ›
Zinna's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (8)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A hidden gemJaKnipVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is a must place for you to go for your next meal! Excellent food and service!!Special Features:
- ServicedoloresDined on 10/26/2014Our waitress Kayla was the best! She gave us wonderful service with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fresh Great Food!LaDivaDined on 10/19/2014Never disappointed here! Food is fresh and creatively prepared. Hosted a party of 7. Servers are friendly and work together. It helped to get some of the guests that needed to leave served quickly. The Tomato Basil Soup, and the Roasted Corn and Crab Soup were outstanding. Good selection of pastas, Italian specialties, delicious desserts. Burgers were cooked to perfection. Even my side of sauteed spinach was excellently prepared. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJoseyDined on 10/7/2014I lunched at Zinna's this week with a friend based on a recommendation from my niece. It was wonderful and I will be returning as often as I can. Our server, Jose, was gracious and didn't miss a beat. The food was fresh and tasty. The atmosphere is casual, comfortable and welcoming. Overall, a perfect lunch and wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lacking good service1118Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I ate at Zinna's bistro on Saturday September 20th. We loved the polenta fries. They were tasty and had a nice selection of condiments that were paired with it. Penne Charlie and vegetarian risotto was great. We sat down and after a couple of minutes of wondering who our waiter was, he came over and asked if what we wanted to drink. He then left. Around 8-10 minutes later, he finally brought the water. Then he took our order. During the dinner, when our glass was empty, there was no initiative to fill our water. He came over one time during the dinner but should I ask for water when he can see there is an empty glass on the table or should he act as a waiter and carry out his duties? Good food but service was subpar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden neighborhood gem!MartmDined on 9/6/2014Wow, cute place! Just moved here, trying out the local cuisine. Very nicely decorated, warm, comfortable and cozy. Was raining, so we could not enjoy the very appealing patio outside. Didn't matter, as our experience exceeded our expectations. Turkey bacon bruschetta was delicious. Had chicken and pasta entrees, and the homemade pasta was a standout. Service exceptionally friendly, from the hostess right on through to our perky server. Nice to find a BYOB in the neighborhood. Would definitely recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great innovative menubobfromebDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant accommodated our reservation with an outdoor table due to the beautiful weather. Once we told them we were in no hurry, they paced their service to us and we were not rushed. Accommodated wine very well for a BYOB, and the food was phenomenal in every course, even dessert, which they do not do in-house. Only small issue was the low height of the seating for the higher outdoor table we were given. Look forward to going back, and, since they can offer gluten-free items, will bring my daughter who has special dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionLANADined on 7/30/2014FIRST time at the restaurant enjoyed a great dinner on their patio . Look forward to returning again to the restaurant and sitting inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zinna's Bistro - Great Food/ServiceFoodie1Dined on 7/29/2014Went here for lunch w/ 7 coworkers to celebrate some milestone anniversaries. What a treat. We reserved outdoor seating (almost forgot we were in Cranbury with the pretty greenery & cheery red umbrellas). Food was a notch up from the usual sandwiches & pasta fare - a twist on some classics using additional but complimentary ingredients liked apples in the ham & Swiss; mushrooms & spinach in the grownup grilled cheese s'wich. Appetizers great too (try the fresh bruschetta). As for dessert, from the oohs & ahs over the cheesecake & carrot cake those were winners too!! Service was super. Pleasant reception staff & upbeat but not intrusive waitress, Sarah - who kept our food on track & drinks glasses full. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Zinna's Bistro reviews archive.
- Nice place to have dinnerDebandLewDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I went there for my birthday. We ate in the beautiful outdoor dining area. The food was very good. They were very busy, which is probably why the service was a little slow, but since we were there for a leisurely dinner, that was o.k. They give me a complimentary dessert for my birthday. BTW, they have a large garden, which is where they grow a lot of their own vegetables, so the veges are really, fresh.Special Features:
- FredFredDined on 7/20/2014Food was over salted and Italian meat in one dish was bad.
- hidden gemJaKnipVIPDined on 6/30/2014Thanks to Open Table - for we have lived in this area for years and never knew of this great place until I went searching on Open Table. The food was incredible - portions are generous and loved the outdoor seating!!! This one is a must for people to visit!Special Features:
- DisappointingSMV57Dined on 6/25/2014Dirty bread plate, dirty seats...full of crumbs, dirty knife!! Restaurant overwhelmed by two large graduation celebrations! They could not handle additional diners! Waiter not experienced. Asked about salad ordered and he said it would come out in the order it was received! You guessed it..salad arrived 'with' dinner. And it was rejected. Not sure we'd try againSpecial Features:
- Very Nice Local RestaurantSunibahimaDined on 6/23/2014Enjoyed the early Summer evening outside. The eggplant rollatini was a great appetizer - I would hope they would make it into an entree one day. Coming from an Italian, that says something!! Nicely done. Inside dining has a lovely atmosphere, however the music was way too loud. Whatever happened to "background" music!!?? All in all, we had a lovely experience and would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed this excellent restaurant and the food was very tasty and the service excellent. They are friendly and helpful and easy access to parking. We really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service & tasteless foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I will not return and would recommend going to the many other options in the area that are much better.
- Great FindLibTravlrDined on 5/13/2014We chose Zinna's out of the blue because it was a place that was central for everyone in our group, and what a great find! Their wine list featured some excellent wines from local wineries, and the menu included tasty dishes that pleased everyone at our table. We were smartly seated in a corner so we wouldn't annoy other diners. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchTeddyDined on 5/11/2014This was a very disappointing. I have eaten at Zinna's Bistro in the past but never for brunch. I took my wife and children for Mother's Day brunch at 3pm. The carving station and the pasta station were serviced by one person. This caused a delay in getting served. the turkey and beef were both overcooked and dry and there was no side gravies. There was more breakfast foods available than lunch since ir was 3pm. The desserts consisted of danishes cut in half and mini cupcakes and lemon bars very disappointing. The best part of the brunch was the salad. I will never reccommend Zinna's Bistro for brunch to any of my family and friends.
- Not terrible; but we won't go backToeknailDined on 5/11/2014I read about Zinna's when looking for a nice place to take my wife and our children for Mother's Day brunch. The brunch was unfortunately just not very good. The restaurant does not seem to be set up well for a large brunch. The lines for food were very long. longer than they probably needed to be. They ran out of food quickly and it was a relatively long delay before they brought food in to replace it. I was particularly disappointed in the bacon - it was all very fatty and unfortunately not crisp. The "cannoli-stuffed french toast" seemed to just be regular french toast... I did not notice anything stuffed inside. It was good, but a little cold (even though I got the first piece out of the new batch of french toast that was brought out).
- Go Zinna'spickyeater1Dined on 4/25/2014Zinna's is one of our favorite spots for a great dinner at reasonable costs. BYOB is always a plus! Keeps the costs down so you can afford to order appetizer, main course and dessert! Birthdays are recognized with free dessert for the birthday person which is an added feature loved by all! I recommend Zinna's all the time!Special Features:
- edudocDined on 4/16/2014The food was totally tasteless. The manager offered a free dessert to compensate abs it was equally disappointing. Sad to say we will not be going back.
- Good food but priceySuzyq6Dined on 4/16/2014Dinner for 4 was approx $200. Not a place our family can go out to often but a nice quiet atmosphere to catch up with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business DinnerJohnADined on 4/8/2014My bosses were here from Atlanta and Detroit, and I recommended Zinna's Bistro for dinner. Everyone loved it! If there was any drawback at all, it is that they only offered wine and not beer. Not a deal breaker though, and everyone had a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitMainstreetcrewDined on 3/22/2014I was looking for a new place to try out for me and our group. On a recommendation from my boss I made reservations at Zinnas. Me and my friends couldn't be more happy with my decision. The atmosphere was welcoming as well as the staff!! We ordered the wing trip, fried calamari and a margarita pizza for appetizers!!! All were delish. If I had one complaint it would be the portion size of the fried calamari was small!! For dinner 3 of my friends ordered the same dinners Chicken Eduardo and two others ordered the Seafood Fra Diablo I orders the Penne Charlie and hubby ordered his favorite Chicken Parm!!! Everyone was very happy with their choices. A few of us had room for dessert, tartufo was the choice!! We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and diverse menusalch0wDined on 3/22/2014Really great menu with a lot of variety. Everyone in our group of 8 really enjoyed their meal. The desserts are exceptional. It is a BYOB, but they do carry a limited wine list from a local winery. Service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerskfiorelloDined on 3/16/2014We often dine at Zinna's Bistro in Cranbury. It is a very friendly atmosphere and the food is always great. There is a nice variety of Italian and American selections on the menu. It's also a great place for a special occasion....had my daughter's bridal shower there and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent salmon and risotto.carolDined on 3/14/2014Excellent salmon and risotto. Beautiful presentation. Tables nicely separated giving much room betweenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian cook loves it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2014Excellent choice for a quiet night out or with a group of friends. This Italian loves the food! Love the byob. Brought a few friends this time and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sitterssharonDined on 2/21/2014a great place to eat good food and to just sit and chat for as long as you want...Special Features:
- Nice timeLuv2dineDined on 2/20/2014First time at Zinnas. Good food, great and friendly service! Would definitely go back. Will try outdoor seating next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zinna's BistroDCJackVIPDined on 2/15/2014Always attentive staff and a gentle atmosphere. Food always has been fresh, well- executed. A lobster bisque that actually offered lobster rather than salt and cream. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okLetseatDined on 2/14/2014Well they say they use fresh ingredients, make their own pasta, and all meals are made to order... Sounds like a great start to me... But unfortunately what I experienced was a demonstration in mediocrity. Salads were pretty nice... Waited 10 minutes for water after asking twice. When the meals came our they were luke warm at best. My filet was over cooked and still cold... Medium vs medium rare... Plating, in general, was clumsy and unimpressive. I really wanted to like the place, but, I doubt I'll go back for dinner... Maybe just to try the pizza...
- wide varietykfiorelloDined on 1/13/2014They have a very broad menu choice at Zinna's - from casual to gourmet. Flavorful Italian dishes and nice American selections. Very nice atmosphere and beautiful cork designs on the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JamieTDined on 12/21/2013We love Zinna's! We have been going her consistently for about 3.5 years! The owners are very nice and personable and when you have a special celebration, they always ensure to make it extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencekal8898Dined on 12/20/2013Our Friday night dinner of 4 was a great time and experience. Sarah our waitress was wonderful... since it was our first time there we asked a ton questions and she was more than happy to answer them all. Zinna's also has a partnership with a local winery and now offers about 8 wine choices if you choose not to bring your own. Apps & Dinner were fantastic, we got 4 different dinners and everyone tried them all and they were great. Overall a good place to eat out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionswineanddineVIPDined on 6/25/2013I came in for lunch, here The beet gazpucho was all right, but not special. I ordered the lobster raviolis in a brandy sauce. There were about 12 of them (maybe slightly larger than 1 square inch) for $12. The sauce was a bit bland. I thouht they might give some bread, but only when I was leaving did I notice other diners had some. I was told you have to ask. Well, it was my first time and I think my last time. I brougt a six pack of beer and drank three. When I asked for the others when leaving, they came back without the carton. The server couldn't find it. I asked him to use his initiative and he eventually found a bag. There are too many other Italian restaurants in the area for the quality / price to consider.
- Perfect for warm weather!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2013Zinna's Bistro is cute and quaint with a nice outdoor dining section that is perfect for outdoor dining. There are plenty of food options and everything was delicious. It's BYOB so take that into account when planning. The staff was wonderful - when we booked our reservation through OpenTable, I mentioned we were there for my sister's birthday and the entire staff got a card and signed it and left it on our table for her. How thoughtful! Zinna's is located next to the Marriott hotel, right off route 130. It's an easy location to get to, and they decorated and landscaped it nicely to avoid having to look at traffic. It was empty on a Tuesday night at 8pm when we went, but I can imagine it would get busy on weekends. Just a tad expensive.Special Features:
- Pasta sauces lacked flavorsign260Dined on 5/18/2013Pasta sauces lacked flavor and were rather bland. Noise level was very high due to a party that occupied half the restaurant. Caesar salad also lacked flavor. Was disappointed given the previous ratings.
- We Love Zinna'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2013Consistently, predictably pleasant. Food is always delicious. Varied menu selections.Wait staff, excellent. Easy to have a relaxed conversation. Loved the background singing and 60's guitar music (Thursday evenings).Special Features:
- We had a party of 18 for brunchRobinDined on 3/31/2013We had a party of 18 for brunch and it was fabulous. The only small complaint would be the lack of room on one side of the table that was right in front of the buffet. all in all the food was delicious!!! Our family had a wonderful time!!!!Special Features: