Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento
2384 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://zinfandelgrille.com/
- Phone: 9164857100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Cerilo Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite catering is available please call (916) 485-7100 to inquire.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Banquet Room has the ability to seat up to 70 people. It is a ideal place for a friendly gathering, important meeting or the wedding reception of a lifetime. Tables are easily configured in banquet-style rounds or in rows for conferences or meetings. The Z-Room features a three-sided fireplace, karaoke system, state-of-the-art sound system with DVD player, and a 50-inch plasma TV that is media ready. Our banquet menu offers a variety of spectacular authentic dishes and luscious desserts made daily by our pastry chef. The wine list features over one hundred and fifty choice bottles of wine. We are committed to providing quality service and cuisine to make you event unforgettable. In addition to our main dining room, we have a wine room in which we can host semi-private events. The Z-grille also has a patio with fireplace that can seat up to 30 people for a private party.
- Private Party Contact: Janet Walker 9165198233
- Entertainment: Live Jazz music every Friday and Saturday from 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Special Events: Please contact our Event Coordinator (Janet Walker) for more information.
She could be reached at 916-485-7100
A word from Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento
The Zinfandel Grille, Sacramento has been a local tradition for more than 20 years. Our upscale restaurant provides a unique dining experience while remaining comfortable and casual. The style of our food from our house-made pasta and wood-fired pizza to our grilled Kobe and rustic meatloaf pairs well with our array of Zinfandel wines. The cuisine ranges from California fresh to hearty Mediterranean. Our chefs selects only the best and freshest ingredients and we change our menu seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (63)great for lunch (57)fit for foodies (44)romantic (30)great for outdoor dining (27)notable wine list (27)good for groups (24)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Consistently Very GoodLivingwithInterestDined on 8/30/2014As a long time diner at Zinfandel's, I return again and again. The service is great regardless of where I sit. The wait staff understand the menu and can make excellent recommendations. The menu offers a wide selection, the food is consistently very good and prepared to request. On the weekends, Zinfandel's has live music that does not interrupt your evening. Thank you Zinfandel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Suburban GemlHeidiHikerDined on 8/30/2014Zinfandel Grille is a great place in suburban Sacramento, that distinguishes itself from the typical chain restaurants found in suburbia. The food is reasonably priced, the wine list, while not extensive, offers sufficient variety and price range for the novice to the expert. They have vegetarian options, and gladly make substitutions to suite your dietary preferences. The service is prompt, courteous, and friendly. Reservations are not required, but I recommend them during the weekends. I usually dine here early, but on the weekends live music is featured starting at 7pm. Dress is casual, but you could come here dressed semi-formally and be comfortable either way. By all means check this place out. You'll be a regularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so foodGimmeMasDined on 8/29/2014Everything was great, service, scene and staff . . but the food was only fair and we expected more. The menu looked and sounded great, but the two items we tasted were only so, so. I did notice an elderly crowd, not sure if the food was a bit bland for that reason, but the best critic is you, so check it out yourself. Too many other choices that deliver on taste.Special Features:
- Z Grille great as usualRJB3VIPDined on 8/29/2014As usual, the three of us who try to dine out monthly, had a great food experience, but service was a bit "sloppy." Asked twice for butter and finally had to stop a passing busboy to get some. Although the third member of out party was late, seems we were a but pushed to order quickly.Special Features:
- Great SteakCaroleVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went for dinner and each of had the Z Fillet which was great. Great service. When we asked if salad could be substituted for the potatoes we received a very nice small salad, no extra charge. We eat there often and always get a great meal.Special Features:
- Always excellentCakris78Dined on 8/21/2014Recently did a small birthday celebration and was very pleased with all aspects if the experience. Delicious perfectly prepared food! The filet was to due for and being a Big Morton's The Steakhouse fan everyone at the table was shocked when I said the filet at Zinfandel Grille was far better. Extremely tender and fantastic flavor.. Can't wait to come back and find again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Atmosphere was good for my business lunch. I got the Ruben and it was really good, not too heavy. I would have appreciated being checked on after the bill was paid, filling up waters, etc.Special Features:
- Fab MeatloafteoteoVIPDined on 8/17/2014I have to admit the Meatloaf was excellent. The meat was moist and juicy and the taste was fabulous.Special Features:
- FAVORITE PLACE, PERIOD!JCB95608Dined on 8/16/2014Service: OUTSTANDING, Food: SUPER OUTSTANDING... By far, Zinfandel Grille is mine and Michael's favorite restaurant. Doesn't matter if we're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or just want to grab dinner at the bar and listen to jazz on a Friday night, Zinfandel Grille has our vote. We always know that no matter what we have, the quality will be there. This is our place, every server is trained for exceptional service, and they make you feel welcomed from the time you walk through the door. Can't think of a better place to have fun and just enjoy an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineLorettaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Love dining on Friday & Saturday night with the musicans, nice easy listening music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never missOuiniVIPDined on 8/15/2014returned to use birthday coupon and, as always, met with great service and predictably very good food with interesting choices of special menu items..will return on a regular basis. comfortable setting if a bit noisy near the bar. Occasionally have music from group that seems to be a generation or two behind on selections but that does not detract from the enjoyable experience at the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, great serviceDecemberGirl05Dined on 8/12/2014We both had their special of angel hair pasta with prawns and scallops. It was delicious. Our server was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.LocalYokelDined on 8/9/2014Great place for after B Street. Everyone's food was great although the current version of the pork chop was not as good as previous versions. Good service.Special Features:
- Wine listhaileyDined on 7/27/2014We had a fine dinner, good service, and a nice glass of wine. I thought the wine list was okay but overpriced for what they offered. For instance, a bottle of 7 Deadly zins was over $30, and that wine is available at Costco for under $10, and it is just an okay wine, not great. I had a Sangiovese for $10/glass, and it was just okay. Other than the wine, it was more than satisfactory, and yes, we would return, but we'd bring our own bottle.Special Features:
- You can't win them all.DuckDined on 7/26/2014We dine here quite frequently and have always enjoyed the food but unfortunately our last dinner was very disappointing. I had the linguini which had absolutely no flavor in the sauce and the shrimp was like rubber. My wife had the special which had a small piece of Halibut and a lot of mash potatoes. We love this restaurant but we will stick with the meatloaf or mustard chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A monthly habitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014We like going to Zinfandel Grille - usually once a month for dinner, sometimes for lunch. Consistently good food.Special Features:
- Food and DrinksgrandpatruckDined on 7/19/2014The food and drinks are very good. The menu contains a good selection and variety with something for every dining taste.Special Features:
- Love this placeFrannieDined on 7/17/2014Great Lemon drops and food and service. Had mom's 90 th there and waitress remembered her from a couple days before. Mom's favorite place.Special Features:
- Alway a nice place.1DaughterDined on 7/11/2014My 94 year old mother and I love to come to Zinfandels. We used to get a salad and pizza to split but we had recently started getting the crab salad every time. This time we decided to try something new. My mom got the burger and loved it. I got crab cakes and was really disappointed. They were tiny and not very good. We will always come back, because the wine is good and the wait staff is great, but I will go back to the crab salad or pizza.Special Features:
- Week night outBarbandjimDined on 7/10/2014Excellent salmon dinner! Loud people next to us, but that can't be helped. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Our Go To Place for Every Occasion!MetroDiner48Dined on 7/6/2014We eat here a lot & love most of their dishes. We ordered the raviolis in a gorgonzola cheese cream sauce, good, but not great. One of the best dishes I had here was filet mignon lasagna!Special Features:
- Amazing dinner at ZinfadelLanceDined on 7/2/2014Fantastic food. Great Service. Nice anniversary dinner. My wife loved the scallops which were nice and large, and I had your special of swordfish in a delicious sauce. Now I just want to come back sooner. Thanks for making our anniversary dinner special.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysdagdagDined on 7/2/2014I have been going to the Zinfandel Grill for a few years. It is never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy mushroom saladEnjoyDiningOutVIPDined on 7/2/2014Love the mushroom salad. Although this time it could've used more lemon & parsley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mushroom salad is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014I always try to order somethig new but keep going back to the great mushroom salad!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceLorettaVIPDined on 6/28/2014We enjoy the dining experience every time. Saturday night music is great, it adds to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/21/2014everything is good and tasty. The wines are GREAT!Special Features:
- Consistently goodOuiniVIPDined on 6/16/2014This is our "go to " restaurant for reliably good and innovative dishes. Comfortable with attentive servers and creative " specials" always worth a trip either across the street or at a distanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlanDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant provides reliably high quality food and service. It's large, and often pretty noisy, but that's in part because it's a justifiably busy place.Special Features:
- Gluten free menu was fantasticNorrisDined on 6/7/2014I am gluten intolerant and I really appreciated the great selections of gluten free items. I had the grilled shrimp salad and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Always a Great MealSacman51Dined on 6/6/2014Zinfandel Grille consistently serves great food, provides excellent service which makes for a memorable meal. The never miss a beat when it comes to knowing how to please the customer. Their seasonable menu is always a hit with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableSunflowerDined on 6/5/2014Service was good even with a large party in the bar area. Dinner special pasta with artichoke & asparagus was excellant mushroom salad is always a favorite large enough for two so we split that. Too full for dessert. Didn't feel rushed when lingering over our after dinner cocktail.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2014Enjoyed our meal. Fish was prepared perfectly. We brought our own wine-would have liked a smaller corkage feeSpecial Features:
- A Musical Sojourn - with Food!jazzncoffeeDined on 5/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner and music at the 'Zin Grille' last Saturday. Great experience - excellent service, good drinks, good food, great music. Altogether a most pleasant experience . We asked for a table near the music - done!! Service was particularly good. We will certainly go back here again!!Special Features:
- Classy Zinfandel Grille!love2eatatspecialplacesDined on 5/21/2014Yes, the restaurant is "classy", lots of ambiance, good food, and well taught waiters.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceShortmartiniDined on 5/21/2014Returned to Zinfandel Grille for the first time in about 15 years only to ask myself why did you stay away so long. Everything about the experience was fabulous. Parking was easy. We were greeted warmly and seated at an ideal table. Service was excellent. Menu had many lunch options. Food was tasty. Gracious manager stopped by to inquire about our meal. In addition to the large bowl of chocolate mints near the door, the energetic hostess opened the door for us to exit and thanked us for coming. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS SPECIALGILBERTDined on 5/17/2014DINNER,COCKTAILS,WINE ALWAYS CONSISTENT MET UP WITH FRIENDS WHO WE HAVEN'T SEEN FOR 25YRS.VERY ENJOYABLE GREAT RESTAURANT TO DINE CHAT WITHOUT NOISE AND PRESSURE. WE WILL BE BACK VERY SOON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and EnjoyableOuiniVIPDined on 5/13/2014Good food with enough new items to peak one's interest Comfortable and friendly if a bit busy" in the entrance area where there is limited seating as one waits for a tableSpecial Features:
- Highly recommend ...Happy2DineDined on 5/11/2014I booked a table for four for a business meeting and even though it was Mother's Day and we did have a short wait, our waitress was lovely, attentive but not intrusive and the food was delicious. This is the first time I dined at this location though I have eaten at two other Zinfandel Grills and will return again because the food and service are consistently good.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchMatthewDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife and daughter there for a Mother's Day brunch. Actually, this is the second time we done this brunch in the last three years. Each time the food good and plenty and the staff is very good at keeping you comfortable. I would recommend a reservation and one that is not in the middle of eatting shifts. We had a 12:15pm time and only waited about 5 minutes for our table, however, people in front of us had a 11:45am reservation and were just being seated when we got there around 12:10. Otherwise, I would say this is great place to take your loved ones for a special occassion.Special Features: