Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento
2384 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://zinfandelgrille.com/
- Phone: (916) 485-7100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Cerilo Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite catering is available please call (916) 485-7100 to inquire.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz music every Friday and Saturday from 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Special Events: Please contact our Event Coordinator (Janet Walker) for more information.
She could be reached at 916-485-7100
A word from Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento
The Zinfandel Grille, Sacramento has been a local tradition for more than 20 years. Our upscale restaurant provides a unique dining experience while remaining comfortable and casual. The style of our food from our house-made pasta and wood-fired pizza to our grilled Kobe and rustic meatloaf pairs well with our array of Zinfandel wines. The cuisine ranges from California fresh to hearty Mediterranean. Our chefs selects only the best and freshest ingredients and we change our menu seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Zinfandel Grille - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)special occasion (67)fit for foodies (54)great for lunch (49)good for groups (39)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (23)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (14)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Loved by locals for good reasonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Consistent, high-quality food, reasonably priced in a semi-formal, but comfortable setting. Tends to get busy if not seated early which can affect timely service. But, the great food, comfortable setting, and live light-background jazz makes it easy to stay long and enjoy company. Definitely a place for simple celebrations over a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here many times, service and food is goodDssacDined on 11/15/2014Recommend go late for dinner after 8pm then there are tables and less crowded. Every dis we order is excellent and service is wonderful. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Service, Good MusicLivingwithInterestDined on 11/14/2014As long time patrons of Zinfandel's, our expectations are always high and we are rarely disappointed. Open Table (OT) makes reservations easy and Zinfandel's staff make using OT simple. FOOD. Our server knew the menu and answered questions easily and made several suggestions which turned out to be excellent choices. The fettuccine with shrimp and chicken special was an excellent suggestion. SERVICE. The servers and table support staff work as a team and that is always evident, our table never wanted for bread, butter, and olive oil or refreshed water. Zinfandel's food is consistently wonderful and the staff understand customer service and that is why we enjoy returning again and again. MUSIC. Music is the most difficult part of any party but Zinfandel's hosts great musicians whose sounds are a great addition to a lovely dining experience. The sound level of the music was just loud enough and did not intrude in our conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Our party had a wonderful evening. Our server was fantastic and we had a great time! Will be back again in the future.Special Features:
- Surprisingly great appetizerRJB3VIPDined on 11/7/2014Since we arrived a bit early for our dinner reservation, we opted for a drink at the bar and, on a whim, I chose onion rings as an appetizer. They were very thin rings with a very light, yet flavorful, panko-type "crust." They disappeared quickly and still left plenty of room for dinner. Hubby had the pasta special--it was loaded with chunks of chicken, bacon, asparagus and other goodies. I opted for the seafood fettucine--fantastic! We both brought home enough for the next day's lunch. This is definitely a cannot miss place.Special Features:
- Reliable food,service & atmosphereNonicknameDined on 11/1/2014We have been here many times and the food and service are consistently very good. They maintain the restaurant very nice as well it does not look or feel dated. There was a 3 piece band the night we were there which made conversation at the table strained but we had a very pleasant evening. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Too noisy.RobertDined on 11/1/2014I've dined here many times, and looked forward to our recent dinner with friends. Unfortunately, our party of 6 was seated at a corner table in a large room (not the main dining room) that was set up for a couple of very large parties, and there was a table next to ours that had a bunch of folks who made so much noise we couldn't carry on a conversation across the table. This was a Saturday night, typically crowded, we are told, but if we go again for dinner with our friends we are going to insist on being seated in the main dining room, away from noisy crowds. The food & service, were, as usual, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent Dining ExperienceLivingwithInterestDined on 10/25/2014Using Open Table for reservations, when we arrived, our table was ready and we were seated in our preferred area. [Thank you Zinfandel!] Hostess was inviting, the wait staff were attentive, and the food all arrived hot and prepared nicely. The wine selection is good and fairly priced. The Apple Crisp and fresh coffee were the perfect end to a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDougPDined on 10/25/2014Zinfandel Grille is my favorite fine dining restaurant in Sacramento. The menu is varied, the food is delicious, and the service is generally quite good.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!sing4supperDined on 10/25/2014We had a small group and the staff did a great job keeping our water glasses full. The food was terrific, especially the salmon and the steak. Both melted in my mouth. The chocolate lava cake was excellent as well.Special Features:
- A Never Miss Dinner DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014We have enjoyed many lunches and dinners at Zinfandel Grill. Always a friendly and attentive wait staff. We love the varied entree selections and the prices are certainly affordable. A favorite is the seafood linquini with alfredo sauce. Wine by the glass selections are adequate and appreciated. For lunch the salad selections are perfect for a lighter entree.Special Features:
- Nice evening with friendsMabelDined on 10/4/2014Food is always good at Zilnfandel. I can always count on a good meal at Zinfandel Grille. The service is always good to excellent. Happy hour is very fun, and the music on the weekends is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodanonymousVIPDined on 10/3/2014The Kobe steak was quite good. My mustard chicken was not as crusty and crisp as usual. But we still like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!AmonaDined on 9/29/2014ZGrille is consistently excellent. I brought friends from AZ and WA to this dinner, and they all thoroughly enjoyed the good food! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicegrayVIPDined on 9/25/2014We had a very nice meal with great service from the wait staff and even the guy who brought us the bread and water. Will go back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014My husband and I tried Zinfandel Grille for our first wedding anniversary. We were very pleased with the setting, we had a clear view of the TV(for football Sunday). We noticed it gets very busy, which is a good thing! The food was more than what we expected. I chose this place just for the menu itself and when we actually got our food we indulged. From the appetizer, dinner entree' to the dessert, all of it was amazing. Definitely one of the best meals we've ever had! I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family and we will be coming back!Special Features:
- busy placesamsaidDined on 9/20/2014Restaurant was very crowded and servers were very busy, so service was somewhat slow on this Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty averageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014I was visiting a friend and she suggested this place. The hosts were very nice and we were early so we sat at the bar for a drink. The bartender was standing in front of us but yelling to another customer a few seats down. Not very pleasant. Service at the table was good. She had the swordfish special and liked it. I had the Asian chicken salad which was pretty bland. I also had the basil pesto pizza which was good but not great. We split a piece of cheesecake that the server suggested but I thought was only average. NOthing bad here, just not great.
- always consistent good foodanonymousVIPDined on 9/15/2014the chicken mustard is always delicious..the caesar salad was dry,,they forgot to put the dressing or not enough, had to ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been here all along!DarsunDined on 9/13/2014I live two blocks from this restaurant but just hadn't been in a long time. Very sad as it is a jem. I wrote it off as expensive. But the reality is there are many price points on the menu and the food is solid. The service was wonderful and the place was packed on a Saturday night.i'll be back soon. Try the Kobe steak salad at $16.00.Special Features:
- All was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was fresh and fabulous. Presentation was superb. Service just perfective; attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe salad - wonderfulLovesTheCaliforniaRedsDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed the Kobe beef salad - a must try; maybe for dinner next with one of your better Cali-Reds. DRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ImpressionCADManDined on 9/11/2014Booked Reservation for special occasion lunch. We were seated right away. Nice atmosphere, comfortable. Menu, a little old school, I had the Mustard Chicken, cooked to perfection, served on top of a wilted spinach salad (not a fan) and a large portion of mashed potatoes (mildly loose). Wait staff was attentive and pleasant. Prompt service and the food was delivered piping hot. My companion ordered the Peperoni Pizza, which he was warned came with mushrooms and olives (not pointed out on the menu). No sweetener for my tea on the table. Bread and herbed olive oil as an appetizer (would have preferred something a little more fresh). Priced in the soft upper range of lunch $15-18. per plate. Overall good experience, will definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good live musicGuyGooddayDined on 9/6/2014and not so loud ! I could talk with my wife ! Good food too and ...wine! Nice birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HiccupDandyDined on 9/5/2014Very Good WE love it. The food is great, The staff is friendly, just a great place to have a enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I ordered the Linguine. The serving was very small for the price. The clams were about the size of a nickel and only 3 shrimp. The price was $23.00 and should have been about half that. The bread was delicious and actually the best part of the meal. I mentioned a birthday at our table and they brought the desert menu. Thinking it was free, we ordered the cheesecake. Unfortunately, we were charged another $7.50. Most restaurants give a free desert for a birthday! The main restaurant has everyone sitting in one big room which is not private and very noisy. The women's bathroom was horrible. The stalls are so small and toilets too low to the ground. With the high prices you are charging, you should put some money back into this!
- Consistently Very GoodLivingwithInterestDined on 8/30/2014As a long time diner at Zinfandel's, I return again and again. The service is great regardless of where I sit. The wait staff understand the menu and can make excellent recommendations. The menu offers a wide selection, the food is consistently very good and prepared to request. On the weekends, Zinfandel's has live music that does not interrupt your evening. Thank you Zinfandel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Suburban GemlHeidiHikerDined on 8/30/2014Zinfandel Grille is a great place in suburban Sacramento, that distinguishes itself from the typical chain restaurants found in suburbia. The food is reasonably priced, the wine list, while not extensive, offers sufficient variety and price range for the novice to the expert. They have vegetarian options, and gladly make substitutions to suite your dietary preferences. The service is prompt, courteous, and friendly. Reservations are not required, but I recommend them during the weekends. I usually dine here early, but on the weekends live music is featured starting at 7pm. Dress is casual, but you could come here dressed semi-formally and be comfortable either way. By all means check this place out. You'll be a regularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so foodGimmeMasDined on 8/29/2014Everything was great, service, scene and staff . . but the food was only fair and we expected more. The menu looked and sounded great, but the two items we tasted were only so, so. I did notice an elderly crowd, not sure if the food was a bit bland for that reason, but the best critic is you, so check it out yourself. Too many other choices that deliver on taste.Special Features:
- Z Grille great as usualRJB3VIPDined on 8/29/2014As usual, the three of us who try to dine out monthly, had a great food experience, but service was a bit "sloppy." Asked twice for butter and finally had to stop a passing busboy to get some. Although the third member of out party was late, seems we were a but pushed to order quickly.Special Features:
- Great SteakCaroleVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went for dinner and each of had the Z Fillet which was great. Great service. When we asked if salad could be substituted for the potatoes we received a very nice small salad, no extra charge. We eat there often and always get a great meal.Special Features:
- Always excellentCakris78Dined on 8/21/2014Recently did a small birthday celebration and was very pleased with all aspects if the experience. Delicious perfectly prepared food! The filet was to due for and being a Big Morton's The Steakhouse fan everyone at the table was shocked when I said the filet at Zinfandel Grille was far better. Extremely tender and fantastic flavor.. Can't wait to come back and find again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Atmosphere was good for my business lunch. I got the Ruben and it was really good, not too heavy. I would have appreciated being checked on after the bill was paid, filling up waters, etc.Special Features:
- Fab MeatloafteoteoVIPDined on 8/17/2014I have to admit the Meatloaf was excellent. The meat was moist and juicy and the taste was fabulous.Special Features:
- Cute placefoodieandwinesnobVIPDined on 8/16/2014Well, the food was o.k., great Jazz music! we liked that. We'll return for the music.Special Features:
- FAVORITE PLACE, PERIOD!JCB95608Dined on 8/16/2014Service: OUTSTANDING, Food: SUPER OUTSTANDING... By far, Zinfandel Grille is mine and Michael's favorite restaurant. Doesn't matter if we're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or just want to grab dinner at the bar and listen to jazz on a Friday night, Zinfandel Grille has our vote. We always know that no matter what we have, the quality will be there. This is our place, every server is trained for exceptional service, and they make you feel welcomed from the time you walk through the door. Can't think of a better place to have fun and just enjoy an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineLorettaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Love dining on Friday & Saturday night with the musicans, nice easy listening music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never missOuiniVIPDined on 8/15/2014returned to use birthday coupon and, as always, met with great service and predictably very good food with interesting choices of special menu items..will return on a regular basis. comfortable setting if a bit noisy near the bar. Occasionally have music from group that seems to be a generation or two behind on selections but that does not detract from the enjoyable experience at the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, great serviceDecemberGirl05Dined on 8/12/2014We both had their special of angel hair pasta with prawns and scallops. It was delicious. Our server was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.LocalYokelDined on 8/9/2014Great place for after B Street. Everyone's food was great although the current version of the pork chop was not as good as previous versions. Good service.Special Features: