Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro
3009 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.zincabq.com/
- Phone: (505) 254-9462
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Monday-Thursday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday-Saturday 5:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday & Monday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Christopher Pope
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Taste Boutique Catering is a joint catering arm of Zinc and sister restaurants Seasons Rotisserie & Grill and Savoy Bar & Grill.
- Private Party Facilities: Private balcony area that seats up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Kaleene Keeley 5052549462x
- Entertainment: Live jazz and blues in the intimate Cellar Bar every Tuesday from 8pm to 11pm and every Thursday and Saturday from 9:30pm - 12:30am. A DJ spins in the Cellar on Friday nights from 8:30pm to 12:30am. Sunday Brunch features live music from 11am to 2pm in the main dining room.
A word from Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro
Zinc is a lively three level bistro in Historic Nob Hill. Featuring an open, urban ambiance, Zinc offers casual fine dining on the main level and the loft mezzanine. For those looking for an exciting show, the exhibition bar offers seats right along the open kitchen. The menu focuses on high quality - yet affordable - American bistro fare and utilizes seasonal ingredients, many of which are sourced from local farmers. The Cellar Bar offers the same extensive wine list and premium cocktails as the upstairs, but in a more intimate lounge atmosphere with a lighter menu. The Cellar also showcases live music on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights, and a DJ every Friday. Visit www.zincabq.com for menus, pictures, and upcoming events!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (23)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (12)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- delicious, as alwayMarsVIPDined on 11/16/2014We always have a dinner at Zinc when we visit Albuquerque. The menu tonight started with one special salad, the special soup, the autumn agnolotti duo and the duck eggrolls - all shared - followed by a huge piece of grilled ruby red trout. All was tastefully prepared! We also managed to stuff in a dessert of deep dish chocolate cream decadence - ohmygod was it good!!!!!!!!!!! Wish we came to Albuquerque more often! BTW - wish I had his name but our server was excellent. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed return customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014In past , Zinc has had excellent food, atmosphere and service. Our most recent meal was dominated by poor quality food. The roast beef dip sandwich listed "sliced prime rib", but was fatty, thinly sliced, and flavorless. Same sandwich listed "herb flavored potato chips", but chips were thick, hard and no interesting flavor at all. The crab Rangoon tasted very fishy- not good at all. The only entrée that was acceptable was the grilled cheese and tomato soup combo, but that is hard to ruin. I hope Zinc returns to quality food, as the service was superb and the location is excellent for pre-theater lunches.
- Encore!zendiverDined on 11/8/2014Although the flank steak entree was even tougher than expected, everything else our party of 7 ordered was spot on, and delicious. Well orchestrated by our waiter (and help), even on a very busy Saturday nite. Bravo to the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerdining123Dined on 11/8/2014The dinner was very good as was the service, we never felt rushed to get from one entrée to the next. The blue cheese mashed potatoes were excellent. The only complaint was the size of the muscles in the appetizer. They were so tiny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- welcome warm spot2winechicksVIPDined on 11/6/2014As a frequent traveler and a visitor to Albuquerque, I usually check out yelp reviews to help me find interesting places to try when I travel ... and yelp did not disappoint! the reviews steered me toward Zinc, which was friendly, warm, and the food was delicious. If I lived there, i'd be a regular!Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerPlikes2eatVIPDined on 11/1/2014Always outstanding try the chefs table fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My favoritesWillierayDined on 10/23/2014I had been coming here for so long that I thought I would go explore other venues throughout the city; and while there are a lot of very good restaurants in the 505; none are any better than Zinc. This place has it all...good food, attentive service, wonderful dining environment, and a want - to make you feel at home. I'm back Zinc; and while I might venture away from time to time, I'll never leave you!Special Features:
- Nice venue!FoodieinTusDined on 10/17/2014This is a upbeat spot in the Nob Hill area. Good atmosphere, good wine served in clean and appropriate glasses. Food was hit and miss. Beef tenderloin dish was outstanding, very tender and flavorful. Seared tuna was a dissapointment...tasted like it had been prepared two days ago and was not enjoyable. The pear salad was average, two tiny crumbs of blue cheese , but greens were fresh and dressed nicely. I have been to this restaurant several times when visiting in ABQ, seems like it is never just right. I would suggest that they add some fresh fish entrees with fresh vegetables (not everyone wants potatoes) to the menu, and please get the seared tuna right!Special Features:
- RossVIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed Zinc for it's good food and excellent service. The first table they offered us was quite cold (under an air-conditioning vent) but they promptly moved us to a much warmer table in a lovely corner of the balcony overlooking the restaurant.
- JimboDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food and superb service! The menu is always innovative and the wait staff is both attentive and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Nob HilljinfantiDined on 9/13/2014Zinc is one of my favorite go-to restaurants in Albuquerque. I love the ambiance and ever-changing menu tailored to what ingredients are in season. My last visit wasn't the best, bread was stale, the items we ordered were ok (I think the cut of beef I was served was not what I ordered), but I've been many other times before so know this was an "off" night and that I'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We saved the best for lastSuetravelsDined on 9/11/2014Best restaurant to end week in Santa Fe/Albuquerque area. Brand new fall menu treated us to Meatball minestrone, spicy and tasty; then a Tuscan chicken with roasted cauliflower that was lick the platter clean good. My guest had the roasted lamb that was cooked perfectly and again, like the platter clean good. The staff was friendly, the service great.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!JerseygirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014Dining at Zinc was a wonderful experience! It was not just a great meal, but we throughly enjoyed sitting above the kitchen and watching the masterful chefs in the kitchen prepare all the food. We really enjoyed both appetizers that we had, the Smoked Trout and Potato Pancakes and the Crispy Duck Confit Egg rolls. We especially liked the fact that they had two different size portions so we did not feel like we over ordered and were able to taste the things we wanted. Both the Lamb and the Pan Seared Hamachi lived up to our expectations. We shared the desert of the night and that was equally as fabulous. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- JimboDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful food and service but what is with the "We don't write seperate tickets so everyone in the party needs to bring cash?" thing??? This policy does not match the otherwise high standards of this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCWickVIPDined on 8/18/2014On a return visit to Albuquerque after 3 years our first dinner had to be at Zinc. Service is as wonderful as the food and presentation. The ahi tuna appetizer was perfection. We will definitely return during our remaining 5 days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripgeorgiaonmymindDined on 8/18/2014Zinc has good food and knowledgeable waiters. We look forward to our trips here.Special Features:
- Made our wedding dinner wonderfulJackMDined on 8/8/2014Actually not "our" wedding, but our daughter's. We came to Albuquerque not knowing the area's restaraunts at all. Open Table's description was exactly what we encountered at Zinc! The entire party really enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere. We made sure to speak to our hotel's managers about this restaraunt's high quality.Special Features:
- classyabqfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Classy place, top notch service, well trained staff and very attentive. Food was phenomenal - creative, delicious flavors, decent prices.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!farmhousegirlDined on 8/2/2014We hadn't been to Zinc before, but I picked it based on their online menu and their wine list. We weren't disappointed. My husband agreed it was one of the better restaurants we've been to in ABQ. I have a number of food allergies, and our waiter, who was very helpful and accommodating, suggested some substitutions for me for the things I couldn't have. I really liked the fact that you can order 3-oz (half-glasses) of wines to try. We had a wonderful dinner and would definitely go again next time we're in town!Special Features:
- mickeyDined on 7/30/2014We enjoy Zinc very much. Service was attentive. It was not crowded so not noisy. We were a tiny but disappointed with the fish special--it was dry. We asked for more sauce and that made a lot of difference. Our favorite duck egg rolls were a bit overlooked and are getting smaller and smaller. Still one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- Extraordinary experienceScottBenjaminDined on 7/25/2014The best food and service in Albuquerque! Quality of preparation and presentation is first class. The best dining experience for several months. Do not miss this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 240 reviews are from the Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro reviews archive.
- mickeyDined on 7/11/2014We had a very nice evening with another couple. Food was very good. Service was attentive. A little noisy but nothing out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- Great PlaceinsearchofqualityDined on 7/11/2014The prices are a bit high, but the food is exceptional. Our waiter, Brain, was friendly, knowledgably and made our experience that much more enjoyable. As the dining room becomes busy the noise level gets quite high, but still a very nice place to have dinner. We will be back.Special Features:
- Think zincDiningdelightVIPDined on 6/21/2014Energetic restaurant for groups. Food good one course and completely lacking in the next. Waitstaff were adequate. Beware parking is a challenge. No close by parkingSpecial Features:
- Father's Day TreatEclecticDinerDined on 6/15/2014We dined here on the evening of Father's day, and were very pleased. Service was attentive, wine list is extensive and affordable, and menu choices interesting, imaginative, and varied. We had the beef bourguignon ravioli, which was delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- An ABQ gem!ForeverFoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014For the appetizer, I ordered the Roasted Tomato and Cheese Tart. One word best describes this dish: fresh! The tomatoes and greens in this dish tasted so fresh one would think they were just picked from the garden. Truly outstanding! For the main course, I ordered the swordfish special. It came with an attractive pink sauce, garden greens, one large panko-crusted shrimp, and small red onions scattered around the plate. All of the items on the plate complemented one another very well. For dessert, I had three chocolate truffles. The truffles varied nicely in their consistency and chocolate flavor and this was a perfect end to the meal. The service was pleasant, fast, and efficient. An excellent meal!Special Features:
- Dont look for anything exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014I spent the evening with my wife of 25 years at Zinc. Thank goodness my relationship hasn't deteriorated like Zinc. The place is ready for that TV show Restaurant Impossible. Food is not 4-5 star as it once was, Service was left to be completely desired, and the ambiance was dusty, grimy and worn. Have the owners of Zinc completely given up on getting anything done right? I have visited Zinc three times in the past six months as it was once a weekly haunt when I lived in Albuquerque, and during each of those visits the whole energy of the place is less and less of what one would expect for the caliber of this once "top shelf" restaurant.Special Features:
- Waiter in trainingkittenkittenDined on 5/17/2014It seemed that our waiter was nervous. He did not tell us all the specials. He had to refer to his notes every time we asked a question. He was attentive. The food was very good. I was not impressed with the wine flight. East, West, South???Special Features:
- dinnerJimboDined on 5/17/2014wonderful duck confit egg rolls and great, attentive service. Noise was a bit loud but not uncomfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grad dinnerohiogirl86Dined on 5/16/2014Came here for a graduation dinner. Waitress was great and very gracious and knowledgable about a food allergy someone in our party has.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat...TxFoodieGalDined on 5/15/2014We went for a romantic evening out. Tables were too close, noise level too loud but food was good & service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and innovative menuKayakwomanDined on 5/12/2014We were out of towners, passing through Albuquerque on our way home from a vacation. Too often, we've settled for the well known chains for the last dinner out. This evening we wanted to end on a high note, so chose Zinc. We were delighted! The menu is innovative, the ambience relaxed (hurray for no loud music that you can't talk over!), the service friendly and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Something for everyone.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Our family of four went to Zinc for an adult's birthday dinner. They had something for the 12 year old, 20 year old and two parents. One of us is gluten and mostly dairy free and, as always, Zinc was able to accommodate the dietary restrictions with top notch food and not a poor substitute. We consider ourselves fortunate to live nearby to this fantastic restaurant.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantFoodiegalDined on 4/27/2014Zinc is always a great place to go. I was there Sunday evening with my husband and another couple. The service was excellent! We ordered appetizers, entrees and all split a dessert. The food was delicious! My friend and I both had wine, while the men had a bourbon. We spent a very enjoyable evening there and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good University area eatsnordicaVIPDined on 4/19/2014ZINC has been around for years, but continues to offer solid 'American' bistro style food. Good cocktails and a fun bar downstairs round out the experience.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, and waitBobGVIPDined on 4/12/2014Food was excellent, and wait staff were attentive. Noise level, however made conversation difficult.
- good choicercpilotDined on 4/11/2014Last minute pick, close to our hotel. Did not mess with the music club/bar in the cellar. Excellent, all around. Not cheap, but not outrageous. The prix-fixe deal was perfect. Smaller serving appetizer and main, with killer dessert. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014We went there for my birthday, wife & 2 sons. Normally we go to the Mediterranean-type restaurant down the street but wanted to do something different. We'd been to Zinc in the past but it's not our usual choice. Due to possible scheduling issues with the adult sons we decided to go early, 5:30, for dinner and did an Open Table request at the last minute. Service was great and food very good but not perfect. Still, we'll gladly go back. Zinc is in our general neighborhood and we like to patronize places like that.Special Features:
- Nob Hill favoritePlikes2eatVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food always good and consistent. Chef's table always a good experience
- Good eveningDrygulchDined on 3/10/2014Appetizers and entrees providec a varies selection and good quality. A refewshing change from the many pedestrian restaurants in Albuquerque. Food ambience as well. Top of our list when we go to albuquerque.Special Features: