Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro
3009 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.zincabq.com/
- Phone: 5052549462x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Monday-Thursday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday-Saturday 5:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday & Monday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Christopher Pope
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Taste Boutique Catering is a joint catering arm of Zinc and sister restaurants Seasons Rotisserie & Grill and Savoy Bar & Grill.
- Private Party Facilities: Private balcony area that seats up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Kaleene Keeley 5052549462x
- Entertainment: Live jazz and blues in the intimate Cellar Bar every Tuesday from 8pm to 11pm and every Thursday and Saturday from 9:30pm - 12:30am. A DJ spins in the Cellar on Friday nights from 8:30pm to 12:30am. Sunday Brunch features live music from 11am to 2pm in the main dining room.
A word from Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro
Zinc is a lively three level bistro in Historic Nob Hill. Featuring an open, urban ambiance, Zinc offers casual fine dining on the main level and the loft mezzanine. For those looking for an exciting show, the exhibition bar offers seats right along the open kitchen. The menu focuses on high quality - yet affordable - American bistro fare and utilizes seasonal ingredients, many of which are sourced from local farmers. The Cellar Bar offers the same extensive wine list and premium cocktails as the upstairs, but in a more intimate lounge atmosphere with a lighter menu. The Cellar also showcases live music on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights, and a DJ every Friday. Visit www.zincabq.com for menus, pictures, and upcoming events!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)special occasion (27)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (10)late-night find (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- JimboDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food and superb service! The menu is always innovative and the wait staff is both attentive and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Nob HilljinfantiDined on 9/13/2014Zinc is one of my favorite go-to restaurants in Albuquerque. I love the ambiance and ever-changing menu tailored to what ingredients are in season. My last visit wasn't the best, bread was stale, the items we ordered were ok (I think the cut of beef I was served was not what I ordered), but I've been many other times before so know this was an "off" night and that I'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We saved the best for lastSuetravelsDined on 9/11/2014Best restaurant to end week in Santa Fe/Albuquerque area. Brand new fall menu treated us to Meatball minestrone, spicy and tasty; then a Tuscan chicken with roasted cauliflower that was lick the platter clean good. My guest had the roasted lamb that was cooked perfectly and again, like the platter clean good. The staff was friendly, the service great.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!JerseygirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014Dining at Zinc was a wonderful experience! It was not just a great meal, but we throughly enjoyed sitting above the kitchen and watching the masterful chefs in the kitchen prepare all the food. We really enjoyed both appetizers that we had, the Smoked Trout and Potato Pancakes and the Crispy Duck Confit Egg rolls. We especially liked the fact that they had two different size portions so we did not feel like we over ordered and were able to taste the things we wanted. Both the Lamb and the Pan Seared Hamachi lived up to our expectations. We shared the desert of the night and that was equally as fabulous. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- JimboDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful food and service but what is with the "We don't write seperate tickets so everyone in the party needs to bring cash?" thing??? This policy does not match the otherwise high standards of this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCWickVIPDined on 8/18/2014On a return visit to Albuquerque after 3 years our first dinner had to be at Zinc. Service is as wonderful as the food and presentation. The ahi tuna appetizer was perfection. We will definitely return during our remaining 5 days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripgeorgiaonmymindDined on 8/18/2014Zinc has good food and knowledgeable waiters. We look forward to our trips here.Special Features:
- Made our wedding dinner wonderfulJackMDined on 8/8/2014Actually not "our" wedding, but our daughter's. We came to Albuquerque not knowing the area's restaraunts at all. Open Table's description was exactly what we encountered at Zinc! The entire party really enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere. We made sure to speak to our hotel's managers about this restaraunt's high quality.Special Features:
- classyabqfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Classy place, top notch service, well trained staff and very attentive. Food was phenomenal - creative, delicious flavors, decent prices.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!farmhousegirlDined on 8/2/2014We hadn't been to Zinc before, but I picked it based on their online menu and their wine list. We weren't disappointed. My husband agreed it was one of the better restaurants we've been to in ABQ. I have a number of food allergies, and our waiter, who was very helpful and accommodating, suggested some substitutions for me for the things I couldn't have. I really liked the fact that you can order 3-oz (half-glasses) of wines to try. We had a wonderful dinner and would definitely go again next time we're in town!Special Features:
- mickeyDined on 7/30/2014We enjoy Zinc very much. Service was attentive. It was not crowded so not noisy. We were a tiny but disappointed with the fish special--it was dry. We asked for more sauce and that made a lot of difference. Our favorite duck egg rolls were a bit overlooked and are getting smaller and smaller. Still one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- Extraordinary experienceScottBenjaminDined on 7/25/2014The best food and service in Albuquerque! Quality of preparation and presentation is first class. The best dining experience for several months. Do not miss this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mickeyDined on 7/11/2014We had a very nice evening with another couple. Food was very good. Service was attentive. A little noisy but nothing out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- Great PlaceinsearchofqualityDined on 7/11/2014The prices are a bit high, but the food is exceptional. Our waiter, Brain, was friendly, knowledgably and made our experience that much more enjoyable. As the dining room becomes busy the noise level gets quite high, but still a very nice place to have dinner. We will be back.Special Features:
- Think zincDiningdelightVIPDined on 6/21/2014Energetic restaurant for groups. Food good one course and completely lacking in the next. Waitstaff were adequate. Beware parking is a challenge. No close by parkingSpecial Features:
- Father's Day TreatEclecticDinerDined on 6/15/2014We dined here on the evening of Father's day, and were very pleased. Service was attentive, wine list is extensive and affordable, and menu choices interesting, imaginative, and varied. We had the beef bourguignon ravioli, which was delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- An ABQ gem!ForeverFoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014For the appetizer, I ordered the Roasted Tomato and Cheese Tart. One word best describes this dish: fresh! The tomatoes and greens in this dish tasted so fresh one would think they were just picked from the garden. Truly outstanding! For the main course, I ordered the swordfish special. It came with an attractive pink sauce, garden greens, one large panko-crusted shrimp, and small red onions scattered around the plate. All of the items on the plate complemented one another very well. For dessert, I had three chocolate truffles. The truffles varied nicely in their consistency and chocolate flavor and this was a perfect end to the meal. The service was pleasant, fast, and efficient. An excellent meal!Special Features:
- The following 235 reviews are from the Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro reviews archive.
- Dont look for anything exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014I spent the evening with my wife of 25 years at Zinc. Thank goodness my relationship hasn't deteriorated like Zinc. The place is ready for that TV show Restaurant Impossible. Food is not 4-5 star as it once was, Service was left to be completely desired, and the ambiance was dusty, grimy and worn. Have the owners of Zinc completely given up on getting anything done right? I have visited Zinc three times in the past six months as it was once a weekly haunt when I lived in Albuquerque, and during each of those visits the whole energy of the place is less and less of what one would expect for the caliber of this once "top shelf" restaurant.Special Features:
- Waiter in trainingkittenkittenDined on 5/17/2014It seemed that our waiter was nervous. He did not tell us all the specials. He had to refer to his notes every time we asked a question. He was attentive. The food was very good. I was not impressed with the wine flight. East, West, South???Special Features:
- dinnerJimboDined on 5/17/2014wonderful duck confit egg rolls and great, attentive service. Noise was a bit loud but not uncomfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grad dinnerohiogirl86Dined on 5/16/2014Came here for a graduation dinner. Waitress was great and very gracious and knowledgable about a food allergy someone in our party has.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat...TxFoodieGalDined on 5/15/2014We went for a romantic evening out. Tables were too close, noise level too loud but food was good & service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and innovative menuKayakwomanDined on 5/12/2014We were out of towners, passing through Albuquerque on our way home from a vacation. Too often, we've settled for the well known chains for the last dinner out. This evening we wanted to end on a high note, so chose Zinc. We were delighted! The menu is innovative, the ambience relaxed (hurray for no loud music that you can't talk over!), the service friendly and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Something for everyone.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Our family of four went to Zinc for an adult's birthday dinner. They had something for the 12 year old, 20 year old and two parents. One of us is gluten and mostly dairy free and, as always, Zinc was able to accommodate the dietary restrictions with top notch food and not a poor substitute. We consider ourselves fortunate to live nearby to this fantastic restaurant.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantFoodiegalDined on 4/27/2014Zinc is always a great place to go. I was there Sunday evening with my husband and another couple. The service was excellent! We ordered appetizers, entrees and all split a dessert. The food was delicious! My friend and I both had wine, while the men had a bourbon. We spent a very enjoyable evening there and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good University area eatsnordicaVIPDined on 4/19/2014ZINC has been around for years, but continues to offer solid 'American' bistro style food. Good cocktails and a fun bar downstairs round out the experience.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, and waitBobGDined on 4/12/2014Food was excellent, and wait staff were attentive. Noise level, however made conversation difficult.
- good choicercpilotDined on 4/11/2014Last minute pick, close to our hotel. Did not mess with the music club/bar in the cellar. Excellent, all around. Not cheap, but not outrageous. The prix-fixe deal was perfect. Smaller serving appetizer and main, with killer dessert. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014We went there for my birthday, wife & 2 sons. Normally we go to the Mediterranean-type restaurant down the street but wanted to do something different. We'd been to Zinc in the past but it's not our usual choice. Due to possible scheduling issues with the adult sons we decided to go early, 5:30, for dinner and did an Open Table request at the last minute. Service was great and food very good but not perfect. Still, we'll gladly go back. Zinc is in our general neighborhood and we like to patronize places like that.Special Features:
- Nob Hill favoritePlikes2eatVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food always good and consistent. Chef's table always a good experience
- Good eveningDrygulchDined on 3/10/2014Appetizers and entrees providec a varies selection and good quality. A refewshing change from the many pedestrian restaurants in Albuquerque. Food ambience as well. Top of our list when we go to albuquerque.Special Features:
- Great food... wonderful portions,,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014Great food... wonderful portions,, Attentive service... Did restaurant week...Great price...great food....great service. Went to others during restaurant week. This was by far the best of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for restaurant weekNmannieDined on 2/27/2014Loved the idea of the tasting menu for $30. Turns out they always offer a tasting menu for just a few dollars more. That alone would bring us back. But with the enthusiastic service, wonderful food, and lovely surroundings, we would go back even without that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerlsnmDined on 2/24/2014Don't forget your parking money. Arriving after 6 pm means the City of Albuquerque will allow your vehicle to remain on their streets, but before 6, you need to pay for metered parking. I really liked the scallops, but the menu had other choices I'd probably like too. Nice place to meet, talk, enjoy a slightly overpriced, but very well prepared meal.Special Features:
- Great food and valueRobinsonDined on 2/23/2014The restaurant is great and was quite busy for a Sunday evening. It is a bit noisy when full. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Attention to DetailsrezadentDined on 2/16/2014Three times, and each time it's been good, all good. Despite what had to be a hugely busy weekend, the chefs performed with steadiness and commitment to plating great food. Desserts spot one, as were our drinks. Staff attentive, but not obtrusive. Thanks, Z Bistro, for a great night out!Special Features:
- It has a certain sparkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014I have never been disappointed here. Food is well executed, wait staff is always accommodating and the atmosphere is a perfect mix of neighborhood hangout and also a special occasion destinationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnernew2nmDined on 2/8/2014Got a reservation for two easily on a Friday early evening. We had a great server that explained the menu and specials. Sat upstairs and had a view of the entire place.Special Features:
- WONDERFULAbo55Dined on 2/5/2014THE EXPERIENCE AT ZINC WINE BAR AND BISTRO WA A WONDERFUL FOR ALL OF OUR FAMILY. THE FOOD WAS GREAT ND THE SERVICE OUTSTANDING!!! PERFECT PLACE TO GO BEFORE A CONCERT AT MANY VENUES IN THE DOWNTOWN AREA!!! THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful wine and wagyuShmoe723Dined on 1/24/2014All in all, the food, the service, the wine (a full bar is available as well) were wonderful. Our only complaint was the noise. The restaurant is quite loud. This could be purely that it was a Friday night and we arrived with an hour to go in happy hour (5-7) We went downstairs after dinner to the cellar bar. also loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.