2 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Art Gallery of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T5J 2C1Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zincrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (780) 392-2501
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday & Wednesday Lunch 11 am to 2:30 pm
Dinner seatings between 5 pm and 9 pm
Thursday & Friday Lunch 11 am to 2:30 pm
Dinner seatings between 5 pm and 10 pm
Saturday Brunch 11 am to 2:30 pm
Dinner seatings between 5 pm and 10 pm
Sunday Brunch 11 am to 2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary European, International
- Executive Chef: David Omar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Experiencing inspired works of art takes on a whole new meaning with Zinc Catering at the Art Gallery of Alberta. Whether you choose from one of our restaurant-inspired menus, request a themed menu based on a current exhibition or create your own customized selection, you and your guests will enjoy an incredible culinary experience! For more information on hosting an event at Zinc or in one of the magnificent rentable spaces at the Art Gallery, please visit: http://www.zincrestaurant.ca/events-catering
- Cross Street: 99 Street and 102A Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample meter parking around the Gallery. There is also a large Imperial Parking lot adjacent to the main doors as well as the Library and City Hall Parkades. The Art Gallery of Alberta is connected to the Library Parkade via the downtown pedway system. Zinc restaurant is walking distance from Edmonton City Centre, the Citadel Theatre and the Winspear Centre. The Edmonton LRT system is also accessible right from the building.
Located in the Art Gallery of Alberta in downtown Edmonton, Zinc offers a relaxed fine dining experience inspired by simple elegance and served in stunning surroundings. Zinc menu focuses on fresh Alberta ingredients fused with local artisan food products.
Intimate dinners, group celebrations, casual lunches or the simple enjoyment of a glass of wine become inspired at Zinc.
Zinc is open for lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. Our menus change seasonally and include dishes inspired by featured art exhibitions.
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- HoneygirlDined on 11/16/2014Three course brunch a great deal. You certainly leave the restaurant satisfied. I love the atmosphere. I always feel that I am at a restaurant away from home. The waitress got a nit harried as the restaurant got busier, but she was still very good. One of the best things about this restaurant is after your meal you get to enjoy the Art Gallery - take a tour, walk through the exhibits. This is truly a gem in our city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014I enjoyed the food and the servers were pleasant however I felt that the servers were too rushed with us. We could barely get our requests to them and then they rushed away. Twice they did wait for everyone at the table to respond when they asked a question - regarding dessert and regarding coffee. It's unfortunate. If the servers relax for just that moment at each table it would make the dining experience there so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow what an amazing night!NatashaDined on 11/14/2014Fantastic food! We had the chef's creation with a prefect wine paring! The head chef came to our table to explain the main course out of the six courses. Everything was spot on!!!! A must try if you haven't been there yet in the Alberta Art Gallery as it is very beautiful at night during this festive time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left SittingPapaDavidCDined on 11/14/2014Overall review would have been better had we not been seated and then forgotten for a few minutes. Apparently a mixup occurred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zinc -Top service, great food, beautiful viewFoodiemanVIPDined on 11/13/2014One of the best meals I have ever had. Great staff! Had a perfect experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outdbart339Dined on 11/13/2014Service was a bit slow, but not too bad. Crème caramel was perfect. Croquettes were great, as was the quinoa salad :-) Pork loin and lentils w/ butternut squash was super....maybe a bit too many lentils, but I love lentils so I didn't mind lol. Maybe hold back a bit and give a few roasted brussel sprouts or baby carrots :-) Actually well priced also, would definitely return. Our server asked if we were heading to the Winspear or Citadel after our meal which was nice (I assume she wanted to ensure we got out on time).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GL100Dined on 11/9/2014Went for Sunday Brunch. The food was incredibly delicious; the servers were very friendly, attentive and helpful; and we even received a bonus desert. The only drawback was that the temperature was a bit too cold, likely from all the glass and high ceilings.Special Features:
- OK, not greatlaurabDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I started the meal with crab cakes and the arancini. The arancini was amazing, the crab cakes, meh--nothing special. I had the prawns for my main and it was really good except the spice was a bit much on the prawns, but it was good. My husband did not like his flat iron steak. Hi meal was cold and the onion rings we really greasy. He also thought the Saskatoon BBQ Sauce would be better warm. The server was great and offered us a dessert when my husband said he didn't want to send his dish back. The venue is beautiful and the atmosphere was modern and comfortable.Special Features:
- Impressed with Chef Dave Omar!EdmontonfoodloverDined on 11/8/2014Great experience! Chef used us a guinea pigs for a fabulous new appetizer they might add to the menu. It was delicious and he even offered to share the recipe if I made it and brought him a sample. Service was professional and attentive. Cocktails were a bit pricey, but interesting and delicious. Appetizers were amazing and the main courses were good. The pork loin flavours grew as I ate, where the first bite seemed a bit bland, it was actually very subtle, simple, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchMRSHDined on 11/5/2014A very enjoyable lunch, great atmosphere and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with daughterTweedlybumDined on 10/31/2014I wanted a place to have lunch with my daughter that had good food, aesthetically pleasing surroundings, and a quiet environment where we could have a good visit. I got all that at Zinc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UncDDined on 10/18/2014Service was attentive and helpful, however we waited 10 minutes to receive the bill and pay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Zinc has a delightful decor and great location in the heart of the city. The architecture, texture and colour make it a sensory experience. The food is tasty with great flavour combinations however it is overpriced and the portions are small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zinc a great edmonton GemTryingtobefoodiesDined on 10/16/2014Zinc has to be complimented on it's amazing staff and chef. We had coosen Zinc as we had heard about its exceptional menu. We were expecting it to be high end, but for a nice night out the prices were reasonable. Chef Omar found out it was our anniversary and brought out a special ostrich dish for us to try. His team made the night so much more enjoyable. The ostrich was accompanied with marinated cucumbers, glazed/chared pears - it was one of the best dishes we have had around Edmonton - I am still excited about it, it was one of those moments where you realized how you didn't know food could taste this good....We also tried the crab cakes, an unbelievable maple bacon Cesar salad, the steak and pumpkin creme brûlée to finish it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014This was our first time at Zinc, and I was really looking forward to having dinner there. The food was good, but not outstanding. This is another restaurant that thinks high-end means serve so little food that the customers have to go somewhere after to get something to eat. There are some really good fine dining restaurants in Edmonton that serve great food and enough to make everyone happy.This is not one of them. I may try Zinc for lunch one day, but I am not going to recommend it to anybody.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningCon10teddinerDined on 10/14/2014Went on a Tuesday evening. Very quiet.Three of us ordered three different entres to share. The server informed us that the chef had tried to prepare two different portions of the sablefish but they did not turn out to his liking so asked if we could order something else. We decided to go with a couple of appetizers, the crab cakes and the arancini, instead. Both were delicious. The chef added the side that was intended for the sablefish, a lovely pureed potatoe dish. Portion sizes were a bit smaller which allowed room for dessert. The flourless chocolate cake was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Overall food was very good and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was enoughveggiedinerDined on 10/10/2014We came here before the Citadel. It was a disappointing visit. The ricotta appetizer- less than 1/4 cup of ricotta & 5 small crostini, $7. If the cheese had been special it might have been worth it, but it was not. One of us had the seared duck breast. The duck was dry & the accompanying vegetables were cooked with no seasoning/herbs. I couldn't taste sage or other seasoning in the sage brown butter gnocchi. The gnocchi were tough/over cooked & despite being accompanied by peppers and peas there were hardly any peppers. The size was fine for a pasta course but not a $20 entree. Service was pleasant but despite being practically empty (4 tables) very slow. The gaps between drinks, appetizer & mains were significant. We won't be returning.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014The chef is outstanding - the food is amazing! Love everything about Zinc. I've never been disappointed and I look forward to my next Zinc dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014My friend and I dined at Zinc before seeing a concert at Winspear and it was absolutely fantastic. Our waitress (Claire) was wonderful with food and wine recommendations. I would recommend this place to anyone. An absolute gem !!Special Features:
- Bigger plates will help.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/7/2014Zinc is one of my favourite restaurants to impress my friends. Food is usually good. This time my friend had crab cakes and crème brulee. Crab cakes were filled with crab not fillers which is rare and done perfectly. Crème brulee was a tad to soft. I had fish and chips with Caesar salad. I'm not if the fish is truly haddock or fresh water fish. Portion was very generous and I found it hard to eat the half head of uncut romaine all packed on a medium size plate. A bigger plate would have enhanced the experience.Special Features:
- Ducktastic!FirstimerDined on 9/27/2014The menu is small but all the descriptions made my mouth water. We decided on the duck and it was wonderful. The wine menu definitely on the expensive side. The view of the park is beautiful. Only draw back was the noise level, so sometimes hard to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was okaynextdinerpleaseDined on 9/27/2014Our meal was okay. Just average for a restaurant of this caliber. It wasn't terrible or excellent. The service was adequate but not special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!rwoolseyDined on 9/23/2014Great lunch dining experience all around - the food was great, the service attentive and quick and was a great atmosphere to have a lunch meeting!Special Features:
- Outstanding food2b3c0m31Dined on 9/23/2014So we went to Zinc for lunch. The ambiance and architecture are striking. The menus look a little shabby. There was a mixup with the cocktails. Don't order mixed drinks at lunch as they don't have a bartender at that time of day. We were starting to become concerned and then the food began to arrive. Oh. My. Word. Delicious. Delicate. Carefully thought out. Amazing blends of flavours. The heirloom tomatoes and bocconcini salad were outstanding. And I didn't expect to be eating mac n cheese there, but couldn't resist and wasn't disappointed. Incredible! Their new fall menu is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- docmahDined on 9/7/2014Good place to catch up with good friends. Kitchen most accommodating of party's dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great location and ambience. Very modern restaurant and service was great. Appetizer was fantastic but our entrees were luke-warm and mediocre tasting at best. Would try again once menu had changed.Special Features:
- DisappointedArnieSaatDined on 9/6/2014This was my second time at Zinc and I was very disappointed, the first time I went everything was perfect , the food, the service and the overall experience. This second time the food was OK but not spectacular, the service was fine and the overall experience was OK. The crab cakes were bland and the duck breast was so under cooked I had to send it back and the dessert was minuscule. I hope this was an one off, and the next time it will be better.Special Features:
- terryhDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at the Zinc. We like the room and the table was reasonably private, which was also good. The food was tasty but the servings were so small my wife left the restaurant hungry. So hungry in fact that we had to go to a fast-food joint to ease the hunger pains. The other irritation we had is the first part of our dining experience had some wonderful, soft music playing, which, unfortunately, after a time, turned into mindless rap and head thumping music. While it was not overly loud, it was loud enough to be terribly irritating. Why not keep the soft, melodic music playing in the background? We will not be back.
- great placemrblueDined on 8/28/2014Everything was great. This place is amazing. Only thing was I missed the bread at the beginning. Whyd they get rid of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Wine and spirits list is amazing. Food was bland, not cooked as ordered and disappointing for the whole table. Didn't finish desserts because they were tasteless as well. Service was timely and friendly. Very disappointed as this place used to be so good. Still expensive, and the food has gone so down hill so now it is ridiculously over priced for the quality of food. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Great place for a business lunchScottyDined on 8/22/2014Funky presentaton and great healthy choices. Great view of the square and city hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entrancezinkedDined on 8/21/2014We had a lovely lunch, reasonably priced, well served, good food. Will certainly recommend Zinc.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerElisaDayDined on 8/9/2014The service was perfect, the look of the restaurant is beautiful, tasty and balanced cocktails, and all of my five courses were delicious. This is a place I will go to every season to see the new menu.Special Features:
- Great New MenuFoodiemanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Zinc's new menu is outstanding. Food and service is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annabellee78VIPDined on 8/6/2014The chef was very accommodating to the dietary needs of our group. The ambience is fantastic and food generally good. The cheese platter is excellent for sharing in large groups and the desserts are big enough to share between two people. Try the banana bread pudding, it is excellent! The Arctic char was also excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerKhessDined on 8/6/2014Always a great meal. Lobster risotto was amazing. Service was well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anonymous2Dined on 7/26/2014We were a group of 9 and had a nice area in the restaurant where we could actually all visit. Due to the Taste of Edmonton the menu was very limited but we still enjoyed good food and company and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 558 reviews are from the Zinc Restaurant reviews archive.
- DisappointedFoodieGirlDined on 7/17/2014I have been to Zinc many times. Almost every time the food and service has been exceptional. This time, I was very disappointed with the food. I ordered the Arctic Char with potatoes and tomato chutney. The arctic char was over cooked, the potatoes were very greasy and the 'chutney' consisted of three cherry tomatoes that were warmed and placed on the plate. The menu had been reduced due to A Taste of Edmonton and I have a feeling the chef was on a day off. I will return in the future, however, if I have another experience like this one, I just may have to take it off of my list of go to restauraunts downtown.
- First time, loved it.PatrickTurnbullDined on 6/28/2014I loved it, the pork was excellent. My girlfriend had the duck, which was very well done. (In a good way, it was juicy, however; not greasy.)Special Features:
- Don't order the TofuArtemis88Dined on 6/26/2014I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend based on this experience. I sadly went here for a dinner with a friend and I had raved about the food (and coffee) but much to my surprise the food was so horrible I will not be able to convince my friend to come back (might also think twice for myself as well). I've been here before and the food was excellent but the food this time at dinner was so atrocious and bland that I don't even know how to put it into words. If I recommend this restaurant to anyone in the future it will be to stay far away from it at dinner time and only go there for brunch (assuming the quality hasn't changed on that...and try the coffee if you do).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.