2 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Art Gallery of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T5J 2C1Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zincrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 7803922501
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday & Wednesday Lunch 11 am to 2:30 pm
Dinner seatings between 5 pm and 9 pm
Thursday & Friday Lunch 11 am to 2:30 pm
Dinner seatings between 5 pm and 10 pm
Saturday Brunch 11 am to 2:30 pm
Dinner seatings between 5 pm and 10 pm
Sunday Brunch 11 am to 2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary European, International
- Executive Chef: David Omar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Experiencing inspired works of art takes on a whole new meaning with Zinc Catering at the Art Gallery of Alberta. Whether you choose from one of our restaurant-inspired menus, request a themed menu based on a current exhibition or create your own customized selection, you and your guests will enjoy an incredible culinary experience! For more information on hosting an event at Zinc or in one of the magnificent rentable spaces at the Art Gallery, please visit: http://www.zincrestaurant.ca/events-catering
- Cross Street: 99 Street and 102A Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample meter parking around the Gallery. There is also a large Imperial Parking lot adjacent to the main doors as well as the Library and City Hall Parkades. The Art Gallery of Alberta is connected to the Library Parkade via the downtown pedway system. Zinc restaurant is walking distance from Edmonton City Centre, the Citadel Theatre and the Winspear Centre. The Edmonton LRT system is also accessible right from the building.
Located in the Art Gallery of Alberta in downtown Edmonton, Zinc offers a relaxed fine dining experience inspired by simple elegance and served in stunning surroundings. Zinc menu focuses on fresh Alberta ingredients fused with local artisan food products.
Intimate dinners, group celebrations, casual lunches or the simple enjoyment of a glass of wine become inspired at Zinc.
Zinc is open for lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. Our menus change seasonally and include dishes inspired by featured art exhibitions.
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at the Zinc. We like the room and the table was reasonably private, which was also good. The food was tasty but the servings were so small my wife left the restaurant hungry. So hungry in fact that we had to go to a fast-food joint to ease the hunger pains. The other irritation we had is the first part of our dining experience had some wonderful, soft music playing, which, unfortunately, after a time, turned into mindless rap and head thumping music. While it was not overly loud, it was loud enough to be terribly irritating. Why not keep the soft, melodic music playing in the background? We will not be back.
- great placemrblueDined on 8/28/2014Everything was great. This place is amazing. Only thing was I missed the bread at the beginning. Whyd they get rid of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Wine and spirits list is amazing. Food was bland, not cooked as ordered and disappointing for the whole table. Didn't finish desserts because they were tasteless as well. Service was timely and friendly. Very disappointed as this place used to be so good. Still expensive, and the food has gone so down hill so now it is ridiculously over priced for the quality of food. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Great place for a business lunchScottyDined on 8/22/2014Funky presentaton and great healthy choices. Great view of the square and city hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entrancezinkedDined on 8/21/2014We had a lovely lunch, reasonably priced, well served, good food. Will certainly recommend Zinc.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerElisaDayDined on 8/9/2014The service was perfect, the look of the restaurant is beautiful, tasty and balanced cocktails, and all of my five courses were delicious. This is a place I will go to every season to see the new menu.Special Features:
- Great New MenuFoodiemanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Zinc's new menu is outstanding. Food and service is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annabellee78VIPDined on 8/6/2014The chef was very accommodating to the dietary needs of our group. The ambience is fantastic and food generally good. The cheese platter is excellent for sharing in large groups and the desserts are big enough to share between two people. Try the banana bread pudding, it is excellent! The Arctic char was also excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerKhessDined on 8/6/2014Always a great meal. Lobster risotto was amazing. Service was well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anonymous2Dined on 7/26/2014We were a group of 9 and had a nice area in the restaurant where we could actually all visit. Due to the Taste of Edmonton the menu was very limited but we still enjoyed good food and company and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieGirlDined on 7/17/2014I have been to Zinc many times. Almost every time the food and service has been exceptional. This time, I was very disappointed with the food. I ordered the Arctic Char with potatoes and tomato chutney. The arctic char was over cooked, the potatoes were very greasy and the 'chutney' consisted of three cherry tomatoes that were warmed and placed on the plate. The menu had been reduced due to A Taste of Edmonton and I have a feeling the chef was on a day off. I will return in the future, however, if I have another experience like this one, I just may have to take it off of my list of go to restauraunts downtown.
- First time, loved it.PatrickTurnbullDined on 6/28/2014I loved it, the pork was excellent. My girlfriend had the duck, which was very well done. (In a good way, it was juicy, however; not greasy.)Special Features:
- Don't order the TofuArtemis88Dined on 6/26/2014I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend based on this experience. I sadly went here for a dinner with a friend and I had raved about the food (and coffee) but much to my surprise the food was so horrible I will not be able to convince my friend to come back (might also think twice for myself as well). I've been here before and the food was excellent but the food this time at dinner was so atrocious and bland that I don't even know how to put it into words. If I recommend this restaurant to anyone in the future it will be to stay far away from it at dinner time and only go there for brunch (assuming the quality hasn't changed on that...and try the coffee if you do).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!KfordDined on 6/18/2014Our server was helpful, fun, and attentive. The restaurant was quiet as it was a Wednesday night, but the atmosphere was still very warm and inviting. This restaurant offers smaller portions along with their regular size portions. This is a great way to sample several different offerings without needing to share an order with your friend! The presentation of the food, flatware, wine, and table was exquisite. Everything I tasted was delicious! Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing place!TandRNDined on 6/15/2014always love going here. the staff is always polite, attentive, and friendly. the food is always exact and delicious! my family has been here many times and we have never had a complaint about anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itdance4meDined on 6/14/2014A pretty space, decent service. The beet salad with nice, but for a few beets and three pieces of lettuce, it was over priced. Earls is much tastier and better value. My main course of pork tenderloin...All three of my pork medallions were cooked to within an inch of their cardboard lives. The corn bread that came with it was all quite charred..., maybe it was supposed to be done this way? It caused my companion to make a face, and comment that it tasted like plastic-y styrofoam, then go hurriedly back to his salad to get the taste out of his mouth. But for the fact that it was a special occasion for my dining companion, and we were on a timetable to get to a theater event, I would have spoken to the server about the quality of the meal.
- Good food but not amazingLove2LunchDined on 6/13/2014Downtown lunch is getting competitive in Edmonton and for $15+ mains, people expect to be impressed. The menu is interesting but the flavors in the Turkey Sandiwch were bland, and portions of raviloli were way too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was a hitFoodiemanVIPDined on 6/12/2014Took a large group to Zinc and it went perfectly. Thanks Zinc.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceOccasionalDinerDined on 6/11/2014First time to the restaurant, and very favourably impressed. Delicious food! The option of small portions allows combination plates that are excellent. Very Good atmosphere for table conversation. Overall, an excellent find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zinc always deliversDiner49erDined on 6/11/2014Interesting food with enough variety to satisfy those with special requirements. Soups are particularly good. The sandwich (with soup or salad) offerings at lunch are excellent value - well presented and tasty. Love the concept of being able to get a dish in small or larger plate sizes. Attentive service in a welcoming setting. Perfect for a downtown lunch or dinner Seeing the lights in Churchill Square at night - from the windows, adds an elegant urban touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableJudesVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had another great meal at Zinc. I understand there is a new chef - it was noticeable. The food was great. I love the idea of sharing plates as it offers the opportunity to try more of the menu selections.Special Features:
- Job Well DoneFoodiemanVIPDined on 6/4/2014Was in for Dinner with a large group and everything went perfectly. Very professional and personable. Food was timely and the drinks were cool.Special Features:
- Best Bennies EverOriginalFareDined on 6/1/2014The lobster bennies are amazing with a small perfect biscuit, a silky hollandaise sauce, perfectly poached eggs (medium, as I requested), and, of course, the lobster! The dish presented the ingredients beautifully in a simple, delicious way.Special Features:
- Used to have great foodBecksterDined on 5/31/2014This was our third visit to Zinc. Unfortunately I found the food this time very unremarkable and disappointing. The menu choices were very fair with no notable choices. In the past there was a wild meat or unique meat offering. The Arctic Char I chose was lacking taste and the potatoes were greasy, not to mention there wasn't a vegetable? My husband chose the Chef Special. It was touted as smoked ribs with chemini mushrooms over pasta. What he received was BBQ shredded meat over macaroni. The presentation was horrible. When you're laying top dollar for food one's expectations are high. Ours were not met. I hope this changes and they are on between chefs as this was out go to romantic dinner spot and we're feeling let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jenix4dinnerjenix4dinnerDined on 5/18/2014Excellent food, great attention and perfect place for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodggpbDined on 5/16/2014This was our first visit to the Zinc. The food and service were excellent; the only complaint was the noise level - it was unacceptable; making it very difficult to carry on a conversation with our dinner companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and servicejohnhDined on 5/15/2014This was our first time for supper there. First rate food served very well. Our server would bring each course with a brief description which added to the enjoyment of the meal. A superb place to go before an event at the Winspear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is Edmonton hot?WhereRMyGlovesEdmontonDined on 5/9/2014No, we all know, Edmonton is cool. We have to live with this ambiguity ... yet Zinc is a place where you would like to Brunch, Lunch, or Dine. No, I am not in any way involved with that place other than being a customer. Ambience.. great, food.. original and really good, service.. personal, efficient. Stroll to the Alberta Gallery of Art, check it out..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for lunch with colleaguesAllG4Dined on 5/6/2014Very relaxed atmosphere, good service, it was not an issue when we asked for separate bills. Great lunch specials with good pricing on lunch items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 539 reviews are from the Zinc Restaurant reviews archive.
- Clearing TableclearingtableatzincDined on 5/3/2014Service was excellent, food was amazing however me and my girlfriends had gone out for a smoke, I let one of the servers know. Unfortunetaly they cleared our table and drinks. When we retured they did apologise and set our drinks back on the table:))Special Features:
- BirthdayChocolate47Dined on 5/2/2014I invited a few friends for my birthday to Zinc and I was pleased with the experience. The food was served quickly and tasted very good. At around 10pm, there was no one else except us in the part of the restaurant we were seated, so it felt like we had the area to ourselves. The service was perfect. Our server was very kind and patient with us. Since it was my birthday, the chef even made some icecream for all of us! Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artful experienceAlltur4Dined on 4/29/2014Excellent service in a pleasant environment overlooking city hall and square. Well priced innovative wine list and well portioned well cooked foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greaat Brunchleather307Dined on 4/27/2014The 3 course Brunch offering was excellent. The food was presented perfectly and nicely paced between courses.Our server was very professional and lovely. Will be back to try dinner menu. Double bonus being a member of AGA.Special Features:
- Busy, Hip SpotgracelovesedmontonDined on 4/25/2014I have wanted to go to this restaurant for quite sometime, had the chance to go with a friend for a lunch. Food and atmosphire were very good, service however left something to be disired... our server was not very engaging, I think that it might of actually hurt her to smile. My friend had asked for a side of ketchup, first there was a look as if to say, "ketchup" that is beneeth us... then it took her 10 mins to get it, only after asking for a second time was it provided. I understand working in the service industry, but just because you work in a cool hip place, does not mean that you are above you customers, nor should you make others feel like they are not good enough for your establishment. I will return - but for the food only...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014I was extremely disappointed in the food here. I don't get to dine at these higher end restaurants very often and for the price the food was bland and I could have made it better at home.
- Restaurant GemWhoWantsToDineDined on 4/23/2014My girlfriend and I went to Zinc for our anniversay. It was our first time there and we were not disappointed. From the friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff to the masterful arrangement of dishes to the attention to detail. It made fir a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceSandSDined on 4/17/2014This was our first trip Zinc and I was not disappointed in any way. From the appetizer to the main to the dessert. All of it was delicious and plated beautifully. The server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and took the time to explain a few things they do differently as it was our first visit there. I loved how they have smaller versions of their plates so you can order more than one main to try if you like. Basically like appetizer versions of the main courses. We loved our visit here and will be sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocregoochDined on 4/16/2014We were a little disappointed. Had heard great things about Zinc, but food was only so-so...kind of bland. Service was very good though.
- LeeAnn and Zinc are FantasticEricDined on 4/13/2014I took my family for brunch at Zinc as part of a day a the AGA. I was a bit reluctant because it is not a 'family' restaurant, although children eat free. Quickly though, LeeAnn adeptly ensured that my kids were welcome and well taken care of. (She even did some ballet with my daughter in one of the quiet corners). The food was what I sort of expected - fantastic and well presented. We ordered lobster benedict and blue crab fritata and both were expertly prepared and delicious. We are looking forward to our next trip to Zinc and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not greatRmarDined on 4/11/2014Appetizer was very nice but for all three of us our main course was over cooked and under seasoned. Generally underwhelming and somehow a bit disappointing. The food wasn't bad -- it just didn't meet expectations.I would recommend this to a friend.