230 Walnut Ave
Ketchum, ID 83340Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zinc-ketchum.com/
- Phone: (208) 727-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Everything from small dinner parties to large weddings.
- Private Party Facilities: The Dining Room and/or the Wine Bar can be used for private dining for up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Gittens 2087271800x
A word from Zinc Restaurant
Zinc Restaurant is a new favorite hotspot among locals. It's all about hand crafted, creative food in casual yet elegant atmosphere. The seasonally inspired, moderately priced menu, boast innovative daily specials using local and organic products. Extensive wine list, with delicious food and high energy. The restaurant features an open kitchen with wood burning pizza oven, and a chic modern design with blond pine walls and spacious windows. You can also enjoy a glass of wine by the fireplace in the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Zinc Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ketchum ›
Zinc Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- great food, too much noisesupperhunterDined on 10/21/2014Ribs were outstanding. good beer and wine list, but way too much noise. was was advised of this and to avoid the dinning room. we set in the bar on a slow night with only one other table but still way too much noiseI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fall menu. Sliders superb!luckysaltDined on 10/12/2014Delicious food, good service, nice ambiance. Fireplace room and bar great, big dining room a bit noisy. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014A REALLY loud group in the bar made our dining experience somewhat uncomfortable. This was our third visit and I will think twice before I go back again. Between the loud group and a couple of problems with food served to us, I just might have to go elsewhere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs workplainfaireDined on 10/3/2014While the new space has been redefined and refined and the service was friendly, we found the food almost inedible.
- Needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014It has nothing but hard surfaces. Even on an empty night the noise was not acceptable. Food was tasteless and rare meat came raw. Management did not introduce himself until stopped with a question. I'd say the place is cold. Better as a bar than a food place. Totally not comfortable, cozy or inviting.Special Features:
- A great new place!svmdDined on 9/13/2014A fabulous new Ketchum find. Food was great, very well prepared, and delicious. Loves the ribs- huge portion with lots and lots of meat. The chop salad was great, and tried bites of the pot pie and meatloaf which were also tasty. Will definitely come back, will be the perfect stop apres ski, as the portions are hearty and filling.Special Features:
- Zinc sinksDiscerningDined on 9/4/2014Zinc is a hard restaurant; hard surfaces, noise levels, grey & black server uniforms and a hard menu to cuddle up to.The noise level from the dining room overwhelms and it isn't coming from the welcoming murmurs of conversation and clinking glasses of happy and relaxed diners. It is a cacophony of noise ricocheting from hard metal surfaces and wait staff chatting loudly among themselves. The bar is noisier still. The "comfort food" on the menu isnt. The trout, an Idaho specialty, was simply ordinary and the lamb undistinguished. We liked the fries.Who doesn't like fries? Two items on the menu were not available that evening. With many excellent restaurants in Ketchum to choose from, I would slink past Zinc.Special Features:
- HSPSVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food and service were very high quality at Zinc. The poached shrimp appetizer, chopped vegetable salad and ribs were superb.Special Features:
- Good FlatbreadDanielVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had been warned by friends and reviewers to eat outside because the restaurant is now lined with corrugated steel that reverberates every sound. It was quiet in the deck, and the servers were excellent. So was the thin flatbread with mushrooms and asiago cheese. Highly recommend that. But they had decided not to cook the pot roast which is the Sunday special we had been told was excellent, so one of us had an unremarkable trout and the other a reheated lamb pot pie. Despite being hotter than molten lava, the "crust" remained gummy and uncooked. We assumed the chef was off that night and the B team was operating the kitchen. We'll come back for flatbread and a glass of wine before or after an event or movie, but the not impressed.Special Features:
- Great new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was excellent and the food was delicious. A great addition to the Sun Valley area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Trout!MaijaBDined on 8/29/2014We were a party of four. Three of us ordered the trout, which was only $16. We can enjoy delicious fresh trout in many restaurants in the Wood River Valley, but this was really exceptional, especially given the reasonable price. It was so moist and deliciously prepared, with a simple mustard seed sauce (just right, not overdone), and a very generous serving of thin asparagus. The portion was ample, and could be shared if you order salads and/or other small plates. The salads are great as well. They were out of the wine we chose (Cinder Chardonnay), but the waitress brought a comparable selection, which was good. Outdoor seating is limited, so be sure to request it, if desired, when making reservations.Special Features:
- Three livesDarkTruth1VIPDined on 8/23/2014This is the third reincarnation of this restaurant in the past few years. This version is the best featuring $10 corkage fees and comfort food. Ham fritters appetizer was great. Lamb pot pie was excellent. Server was especially outstanding with great food knowledge and attention to details. chef tate knows how to deliver and create great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChattyKathyVIPDined on 8/22/2014In a word, we were disappointed. the food was all right but the service was very slow and the place was noisy. We don't see any reason to return anytime soon.
- zinc dinnerfood4thoughtDined on 8/9/2014The food was really good and priced reasonably. Wine list showed a broad cellar and again focused on good value for money. The location is a challenge given past turnover but the joint was hopping when we dined. Well worth supporting. Go zinc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Food was delicious. Noise level was overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chopped salad is the bestFeldymomDined on 8/2/2014We've been here 3-4 times. Inside the main dining room is too loud for comfortable conversation so we prefer outside or In the bar area. The food is consistent but limited. The chopped salad is what we return for. The burger gets high reviews, too (and the fries!!). Everything else we've had has been good, but not remarkable. I'm sure we'll return, but it's not a 5star event(yet. They are still relatively new, and I assume improving and changing.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Promising but inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2014We really enjoyed our first time at Zinc, but this one didn't quite live up. They were out of the wonderful Flatbread, without a good substitute, and the chopped salad was less interesting. The trout portion was small for $18. Fun and lively, and our friends loved their hamburgers, which are excellent (and certainly didn't suffer for portion size). There's a nice area outside and I'd like to try it again, since this may be kinks in working out a new restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014The food was amazing and service was excellent. We came straight from Golf and had our 4 year old with us. He blended in and the staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We expected more...DinerDined on 7/16/2014The food quality was high as was the prices. The cheese plate was uninspired. The burger was great, however the house made bun was as dense as a biscuit. The cheese and ham fritters were awesome. Service was clumsy and awkward. I will definitely give them another try since they just opened and are obviously still working out the kinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food beyond the normalHamstiniDined on 7/15/2014Zinc breathes fresh energy into an old space. The attention to detail is key - the chef is clearly aware of food trends but isnt trying to serve up trendy food - a variety of basics are really well handled with just enough edge and with subtle creativity. Best burger in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014Tate is my favorite chef in Ketchum has the right menu choicesto focus on quality. I would reccomend Zinc to anyone who appreciates great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!ToastDined on 7/6/2014This location has always been a revolving door of mediocre restaurants. Not anymore! Zinc has delicious food and a nice menu of choices. Way to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zinc rocks!FeliVIPDined on 6/25/2014Had two dinner there, back to back, the whole experience was fun, great team, wonderful food and wine on tap! Highly recommended, we will be back as soon as possible - try the new kid on the block!Special Features:
- too noisy, service slow, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2012too noisy, service slow, staff good, wine prices high food very good.
- Cava Cava is excellent, andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2012Cava Cava is excellent, and very good value. Food, service and ambiance all are top-notch.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012We had a table for 4 and we were all exceptionally happy with our meals. The two of us had the halibut special with risotto. The fish which was "fresh" with wonderful flavors. One friend had the seafood stew and the other ordered the lasagna with sausage and mushrooms. I stole a taste and it was Fabulous! We will definitely go again.Special Features: