Zinc Brasserie - Sandusky
215 East Water Street
Sandusky, OH 44870Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zinc Brasserie - Sandusky
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zincbrasserie.net/
- Phone: 4195029462
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Expanded Summer hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Cesare Avallone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: From smaller dinner parties with a group in your own home, your yard, on a boat, to large scale events such as weddings and other celebrations, ZINC brasserie will customize the event menu for you and your guests.
Please call for information.
- Special Events: ZINC brasserie often offers Wine Dinners, tastings, and other special events. To receive information on these events, please join our mailing list, at www.zincbrasserie.net
A word from Zinc Brasserie - Sandusky
Locally owned and operated, ZINC brasserie is a French-inspired restaurant that strives to provide fresh, delicious food, attentive service, and a warm atmosphere. The ingredient driven menu changes seasonally, with great features available nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Zinc Brasserie - Sandusky - Best Restaurants in Sandusky ›
Zinc Brasserie - Sandusky reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)special occasion (39)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (32)romantic (28)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (14)good for groups (10)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- New location is a step upglobalsalesmanagerDined on 9/12/2014The old location had no ambiance, and the new location is better. Still, an uncomfortably loud environment when full. Ecargot was tasty, but hastily prepared. The snails were stuffed too far into the shells and very difficult to remove. Fingerling potatoes overcooked and a bit soggy. Strip steak and pork loin were outstanding. Wine list is good. One big miss. Asked for a quiet table out of traffic path. Got one at basement access. Won't be attempting an intimate dinner there again. Overall, a very good restaurant that can be competitive with some of the best in the region.Special Features:
- happydiner634Dined on 9/12/2014I am a summer resident of the area and have always loved Zinc's in the past. However, this summer season I and several companions were disappointed in the food. Example: Duck Papparadelle used to be my favorite but it is now made with a red sauce much like an Italian sauce for spaghetti, and the duck might as well be ground beef. Mussels, another selection by a companion, were very spicy hot. Puttanesca, ordered by another diner, was again extremely spicy hot to the point it was difficult to eat. We all tasted each other's dishes to confirm what the others had experienced. Two other diners ordered the trout, and it was very good. The oysters on the half shell were wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointingCrateLady1dinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have dined at Zinc several times, but this was really a disaster. There had to be a serious problem in the kitchen. Our reservation was 7:30, but did not get our entrees until 8:50. I ordered stuff Salmon, which I have had, but nothing like normal and sauce was terrible. The restaurant did remove the charge for my entree and provided a free desert. We were celebrating my birthday - and there was nothing to celebrate!!!Special Features:
- Worth the driveSimplepleasuresDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had eaten at the former Zinc location had were pleased to learn the owners had found a new space that was larger and less cramped than their original place. Most of all, we hoped the "new" Zinc retained the same great menu and excellent service. With our first visit this weekend, we were not notdisappointed. Coming from the west side of Cleveland, the 50 minute drive was well worth it. My wife and I both had fish entrees, mine trout and hers salmon, and they were excellently prepared. Salads and desserts were equally good. Our server was personable and knowledgable. All in all, Zinc goes on our "highly recommend" list!Special Features:
- A bright spot in SanduskyRunnerlawyerDined on 8/23/2014We were pleasantly surprised with our dining experience at Zinc Brasserie. We have visited Sandusky over the years during sailing trips on Lake Erie or visits to Cedar Point Amusement Park with children and grandchildren. We have had much difficulty finding suitable dining options for an adult foodie experience. We had been meaning to try Zinc Brasserie but only recently made it and we were impressed. My sister and I enjoyed cocktails in the small wine bar while my husband got a craft brew from the larger bar. The dining room is intimate and beautifully appointed. The food was creative and delicious. We will definitely return on our next trip to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteNanSabVIPDined on 8/20/2014Zinc is one of our favorite restaurants of any place we have dined! Everything is just perfect for us; food, service, ambiance! If you are in the area, go, you will not be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okAnonymousDined on 8/16/2014Overall, our dining experience was ok, but not commensurate with our expectations or the prices. Despite the fact that a number of tables were empty, we were seated at the back, in the dark. We had already ordered an appetizer when we learned that the daily specials list, from which we would have chosen an item, had not been included in our menus. Our waiter did not seem knowledgeable about the wines, which was one reason we chose the restaurant. The appetizer trio -- spiced nuts, giardiniera and olives-- was overpriced and an odd combination. The steak and cioppino were good, though the latter was not worth the higher price for the two modest pieces of lobster included in the stew. If location is a choice, go to Cleveland for fine dining
- Sandusky's GemBeerandBourbonDined on 8/15/2014Tried this restaurant for the first time Friday. My wife and I could not have been more pleased. Excellent service from a knowledgeable waitress. Duck Wellington was well-seasoned and juicy. Farmstead pizza was very flavorful and much larger than expected. Warm olives were perfect appetizer for two olive-lovers! Ambience is hip and vibrant. Zinc is truly a gem!Special Features:
- A great dinnerCleveHtsEdDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at the newer location. We were very pleased and had a very nice dinner. The food was excellent as was the service. We ate in the larger dinning room. Yes, the exposed brick makes for an 'energetic noise level' when it is full, but that is typical of many restaurants. You could also eat in one of the other locations that might be a little more quiet, such as the bar or the other dinning room, but we did not find the noise level too high, even with a large table directly behind us.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We were looking forward to our dinner at Zinc's but were disappointed with the food. While my mushroom salad was delicious, my entree was overlooked- beef medallions- the risotto was undercooked and salty, and when we ordered a 2nd bottle of wine, they were out of what we originally ordered. Dessert was marginal. Food was not worth the price, but we had a delightful waitress. My friends lobster was tasteless and watery
- A pleasant surpriseSonolavicheDined on 8/12/2014A good find in Sandusky. We had a great time with great food & great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HudsonHelenDined on 8/9/2014Our dinner was fine - nothing noteworthy and not really worth the price. Great service - we never felt rushed. We've been to the old location and were impressed - will probably try it again since there aren't that many upscale dining options in Sandusky.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Zinc is the best for lunch. This was my first time for dinner AND at new location. For a fine dining experience, the chairs are very uncomfortable. We were there for over two hours, which is the perfect amount of time for "fine dining". I ordered one of the evenings special. It was way overcooked. My only complaint with my server was that she did not question why the meal had not been eaten. Her service was still excellent. One mistake. Not sure I would go back. Two out of our four dinners were perfect. Sadly, two were not what I had expected for my guests. Would still go for lunch in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Foodie DelightCharlieDined on 8/2/2014Zinc is one of the great finds for those who appreciate the experience of expertly prepared food. Duck breast wellington is a must. New location is a great improvement, outstanding wine list and service staff that knows their stuff while remaining personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Every year we ride our bicycles from Cleveland to Sandusky for a non profit event. The highlight of our ride is eating at Zinc. The food is wonderful as well as the service. It is always delicious.Special Features:
- Another great mealZincsallthewayDined on 8/1/2014Wow, I'm so excited I can get pizza in the area like the one I had the other night. I can't remember the name, but it was the spicy one and it was cooked to perfection with incredible flavor. Mushroom salad incredible; flavor, presentation, and portion. Great new location, better lighting, and had a great server as well (forgot her name). All in all great value and my favorite restaurant in the area. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We chose Zinc because we had friends visiting from out of town and wanted to take them to a new place. We all had a great meal, large portions though, enough to split. Look forward to being able to dine there again very soon.Special Features:
- Late AnniversarySandeatsDined on 7/26/2014First time attendees. Booked thru Open Table. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere, though did not see much of a view. This was a late celebration of our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall has slipped a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We've been customers of Zinc since they originally opened. This summer we've at their new location three times. Each time something has been slightly off compared to past years. One time the entrees arrived when we were only half-way through our starter; one time the "medium rare" steak was medium well at one end; one time the truffles fries (not a side dish but supposedly part of the entree) was delivered to the table 10 minutes after the meat portion of the entree was delivered. Please forward this review to the restaurant.Special Features:
- GOOD FOODJANNYDined on 7/23/2014NICE ATMOSPHERE, WAITRESS VERY PLEASANT & EFFICIENT.WE HAD 2 1/2 & 7 YEAR OLDS WITH US & ALTHOUGH THEY ACCOMADATED US I DONT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE FOR SMALL CHILDREN AS NOT MUCH ON MENU KIDS WOULD LIKE.GREAT PLACE FOR ADULTS THOUGH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!NanSabVIPDined on 7/18/2014We dine at Zinc frequently and are always happy with our experience! The food is fabulous, the ambience is comfortable and the staff is exceptional! Go to this great restaurant if you are in or near Sandusky, OH!!Special Features:
- Great food, not great serviceAnniversarydiningDined on 7/17/2014For our 25th wedding anniversary, We dined at Zinc mid-week with several vacant tables. The service should have been stellar, but wasn't. Our main waitress was not attentive and nearly dismissive. However, the other server who attended our table was much better. She should have been our head waitress. Our meals were wonderful, the salad a bit common, and the Chateau Neuf de Pape exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go.Browning8Dined on 7/16/2014Food and wine was perfection. The decor was sophistication and this will be my favorite place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The features are always a must doZfoodDined on 7/8/2014Pork T-bone was amazing perfectly cooked cut like butter Served with seasoned goat cheese, creamy mashed potatoes and broccolini provided the perfect biteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteNanSabVIPDined on 7/7/2014We frequent Zinc and love the entire experience! The Clams Casino are absolutely fabulous!!! We recommend Zinc to everyone! First class dining in Sandusky, OH!!Special Features:
- amazing food.foodlovinfoolDined on 7/5/2014This place is so great. The food is always amazing. The staff is friendly. If your in Sandusky and want an incredible meal, look no furtherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2014I never miss the opportunity to have dinner at Zinc when I am in town. The food is always exceptional, the wine list fantastic and the service friendly and prompt,
- Too many hard surfacesPizzapiDined on 7/1/2014This was my 4th visit to Zinc and the second time at their new location. While they have much more space, they really must do something about the noise level. With all the hard surfaces in the place (floors, chairs, tables, etc.), there nothing to absorb the noise. My quiet group of five was easily drowned out by group of six seated nearby. The place was not very full - I would hate to hear how loud it gets when there are more people seated in the dining room. Aside from noise, it was a very nice dinner and the food and presentation of the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Well executed food plated with interesting sides that complimented the main course (not always the case at other restaurants).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Busy fri nite ,4 adults 2 kids ordered expensive wine. Service & food slow! One app & my dinner overly spicy/ peppery we couldn't eat we should have been advised when ordering if we were ok with spicy dishes After 2 hours kids restless we couldn't order dessert or coffee . atmosphere & most everything else pretty good. Didn't expect such a nice wine list in a small town !Special Features:
- Blond FoxBlondFoxDined on 6/21/2014The food was tasty, but extremely overpriced. The portions were reasonable size, but way too expensive. This is not a place we will frequent on a regular basis.
- ChiefDined on 6/20/2014Really enjoyable dining experience. We had the house salad, my wife had the salmon, and I had one of the wood-fired pizzas. Great taste and preparation. Excellent wine selection as well.Special Features:
- GreatirishDined on 6/16/2014Have been here a number of times and it's never disappointing. Anything from a drink to a gourmet dinner your sure to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good.TheDeaManDined on 6/13/2014Ate at the other location several times. This was far superior food, service was great too. Helpful and happy. We have already recommended. We will be back. The bar looked like a lot of fun also. We love good food and have wanting to try the new location. Great job. Hope Sandusky appreciates.Special Features:
- A Sandusky gemSupportLocalSpotsDined on 6/6/2014We started discovering Sandusky last year as seasonal boaters. I love this city. There are so many gems. Zinc has become one of our favorite restaurants. Check out their other spots, Crush and for a great view of the lake and a quick lunch go to Dockside, (dog friendly) also operated by the same family.Special Features:
- AwesomeBigEaterDined on 6/5/2014I have eaten at Zinc many times and have never been disappointed. Food and service was outstanding as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful New Venue!MyAngel630Dined on 5/24/2014Since opening in Sandusky, Ohio, my wife Jeanette and I, along with our friends have enjoyed Zinc. The original venue was spectacular and the new location equally stunning. The food as always was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 414 reviews are from the Zinc Brasserie - Sandusky reviews archive.
- Great Ambience Great FoodSmielyDined on 5/20/2014This restaurant has two sides a Brick oven and more casual dining on one side and more elaborate dining on the other side. The food is excellent on both sides and the service extraordinary. I would recommend this highlySpecial Features:
- A must!K3D1Dined on 5/17/2014I was sceptacle Zinc would lose something when moving to a larger space. Completely wrong. Spot on the design and the food as always didn't fail. Hard to believe you're in Sandusky.Special Features:
- Another excellent evening at ZincAnneDined on 5/16/2014Had an enjoyable evening at Zinc starting with cocktails in the Zinc bar area. Very busy night which is always fun energy. Excellent service and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.