15034 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zincbistroaz.com/
- Phone: 480-603-0922
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Summer dining Monday- Wednesday 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Matthew Carter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View
A word from Zinc Bistro
A New York Style Parisian Bistro. A 4000 sq, foot restaurant that is designed with contemporary sensibilities, yet returns the nostalgic ambiance of an authentic Parisian bistro. Round marble bistro tables and wicker chairs spill out onto the sidewalk, offering a kind of people watching one might indulge in, along Boulevard Saint-Germain. Zinc Bistro also offer a romantic garden patio secluded deep in the restaurant, lit by candles during the evening, creating an unforgettable ambiance, or a relaxing atmosphere near our fountain in the afternoon. The oyster bar stands at the end of the 25 foot zinc bar, serving fruit de mer platters, as well as all of the accoutrements. We bring in shellfish daily, offering the freshest oysters, clams, mussels, and lobster in the desert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zinc Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)romantic (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Unaware of Open TableHungry2VIPDined on 10/17/2014We were in Scottsdale for my birthday, and I had requested a quiet table on my Open Table reservation. Unfortunately, the maitre d' seated us before asking for my name and looking at our reservation! Since they weren't full, I was able to guide us to a suitable table, but the restaurant should really check for special requests before seating a guest who has gone to the trouble to make reservations, don't you think?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and fabulous!ELLEVIPDined on 10/16/2014The staff at Zinc Bistro is overwhelmingly kind and accommodating! I enjoy the creative edge to favorites. The kitchen also listens to special requests and is great in getting it right!!!! This is in between some wonderful shops so it makes a a productive afternoon or evening of dining and shopping! Delightful! ElleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely bistroCantCookAnythingVIPDined on 10/9/2014We love Zinc Bistro for the food (delicious, sophisticated, generous servings), the ambiance (French, beautiful patio, unique for Phoenix), and the service (friendly, unpretentious, topnotch.) The truffle fries are fantastic - and totally worth it. Zinc is one of our favorite spots in the Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 437 reviews are from the Zinc Bistro reviews archive.
- Always a special menu forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2012Always a special menu for Christmas dinner that is inventive, entertaining and delicious.Special Features:
- Food was excellent - waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Food was excellent - waiter was super - recommended a great Pinot. Love the vibe of Zinc. The Ahi Tuna was exceptional.Special Features:
- Very good food and service.xnycopVIPDined on 12/8/2012Their flat-iron steak was great, short ribs OK but not great. Good wine list with lots of reasonably priced wines. Great service from Mitch. Hostess snooty and never smiled once. Very up-tight. Managers never visited tables.Special Features:
- Chateaubriand makes a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2012Chateaubriand makes a great Thanksgiving dinner! Who knew?Special Features:
- Parked right in the centerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2012Parked right in the center of the Kierland mall plaza the ZinC Bistro is a gem of a restaurant. This occasion was to entertain some friends from out of town - I've eaten there a dozen times or more already. Overall a great evening. The menu selection is broad without being overbearing. I had the pan seared steak which came out perfectly. The sea scallops were large and tasty. I recommend without hesitation and plan on returning.Special Features:
- Waiter Nick arranged for aOnTheRoadDined on 11/17/2012Waiter Nick arranged for a molten lava chocolate cake with sparkler to celebrate my milestone birthday! Delicious scallops! Pleasant ambiance.Special Features:
- Didn't think the service wasJeffieGVIPDined on 11/15/2012Didn't think the service was that good...Took a long while to get a drink...our waiter was nowhere in sight. Liked the Steak and Pom-frites, thought the service of Pork Tenderloin was was much too small, especially for the price.
- Although we've had them beforeEarlydinnerVIPDined on 11/14/2012Although we've had them before and they were excellent, the house french fries this time came soggy and weren't particularly good. The same was true for the desert of small donuts with dipping sauce. They were a little doughy and not light and crispy. We mentioned both items to our waitress who was apologetic and also removed the charge for those 2 items from our bill. We were appreciative of the excellent service and responsiveness to our issue.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2012We enjoyed our food and the restaurant is nicely decorated. But the table for 4 people is very small and we constantly were rearranging plates, glasses, etc. to have them fit. Also, it is a bit loud.Special Features:
- very enjoyable. ..waiter excellentMikeVIPDined on 11/12/2012very enjoyable. ..waiter excellent attentive informed and knowledgeable food delisciousSpecial Features:
- Great service and food. Nick,DougVIPDined on 11/10/2012Great service and food. Nick, our waiter took good care of us.Special Features:
- The concierge at the WestinOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/3/2012The concierge at the Westin recommended this place during our stay. Based on the reviews and the menu I was expecting it to be really outstanding. The service was just okay as was the food. My husband had the halibut and I had the scallops. While the presentation was nice the food was not memorable.Special Features:
- Fantastic service. Steak wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012Fantastic service. Steak was dome perfect and sides were perfect to share.Special Features:
- Menu and preparation of menusherrill53Dined on 11/2/2012Menu and preparation of menu items excellent! Not the usual fare you find everywhere - unique dishes with careful and thoughtful preparation. Service was attentive and friendly; helpful but not pushy suggestions. Would not eat inside on a weekend night due to the noise level inside. Outside was pleasant and more able to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- A taste of ParisJackVIPDined on 11/2/2012Great food and service. We had the scallops and the braised short ribs. Both were outstanding. Portion sizes were perfect, not overwhelming. We ate outside on the street side patio and it was perfect. Tables were full, but are arranged to allow for private conversations. Great bartender. Large pour martinisSpecial Features:
- We had a very good dinner.CowgirlDined on 10/30/2012We had a very good dinner. Scottsdale Kierland has lots of choices but this is a favorite. Had a very traditional chateaubriand on the dinner for two and it was excellent. Service was good too and wevenjoyed the interior patio. My only objection was the intrusive music that didn't fit the romantic setting of this place. A simple fix but maybe others disagree.Special Features:
- The food was creative andSuzanneVIPDined on 10/23/2012The food was creative and delicious. I mentioned it was my friend's birthday and she received a delicious creme brûlée for dessert. We ate outside and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- cant wait to do it againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2012We went for my husbands birthday. When we ordered the ginger beer the guy noted that it was his birthday and wished him happy birthday. the food was amazing you must try the foi gras raviolis and if you like jello the bone marrow. I had duck for dinner it was cooked to perfection. We sat on the back patio. it was quite romantic and reasonably quite. They even gave my husband a free dessert for his birthday. I would recommend it to anyone. REMEMBER.... its french so its small portions it designed to taste amazing look amazing and smell amazing not fill you up. Its an experience.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/16/2012One of the best restaurants in the Phoenix Metro Area !Special Features:
- A bistro that doesn't justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012A bistro that doesn't just pretend, but delivers an authentic experience: style, ambiance, and feed. Lively, but not noisy: good for grownup conversations.Special Features:
- We always order the moulesLGPamVIPDined on 9/30/2012We always order the moules and frites, and they are spectacular. The broth is incredibly delicious, you'll be dipping lots of bread in the liquid when the mussels are gone. The hanger steak was perfectly prepared, tender and well marinated. Our sandwiches were creative and tasty. We are never unhappy after a meal here.Special Features:
- Lovin' the Roasted Lamb Belly!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012For my Birthday last year all I wanted was dinner at Zinc Bistro. As soon as I left, I promised I wouldn’t wait until my next Birthday but there I was again this Birthday. If you read some of their recipes, you’ll see that many take days to lovingly prepare. So much detail is put into each dish. The presentation and taste of each plate is something very special. They don’t serve their dinner menu during the day which is the only negative, for me anyways. Request a garden table, order a Russian Mule to drink and the Dungeness Crab & Mushroom Crepe for an appetizer. For dinner order the Grilled Colorado Rack of Lamb, Roasted Lamb Belly. This is the best meal imaginable.Special Features:
- Normally 5 stars across theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2012Normally 5 stars across the board,but this time not so much; service was not up to standard and food order was incorrect twice. Will always go back though!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2012While the food was good there was nothing really outstanding. The house salad was a bit dry and did not have any flavor from the cabernet vinaigrette house dressing. The prime flat iron steak while stated served medium rare came to the table a little too rare.Special Features:
- We so love having Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012We so love having Sunday Brunch at least once a month at Zinc. Our server Naomi was just the best !! The Shrimp & Grits as well as the Braised short ribs are always off the chart ! Zinc is our favorite Bistro and worth the money. Thanks again for a wonderful Sunday brunch !Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012I was pleasantly surpised with my experience at the restaurant. The staff was extremely friendly and the food was excellent. I would recommend making reservations for the weekend, because you restaurant is so busy with local's enjoying a great meal and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- We dined on our recent tripmyrneVIPDined on 9/22/2012We dined on our recent trip to Scottsdale at Zinc, it started on a high note, nice ambiance, friendly staff, good service. The choice of salads or appetizers was fair the choice of entrees fair, nothing exceptional. It was good but not wonderful or memorable.
- had a great time during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012had a great time during restaurant week. the menu was absoulutly awesome.my only regret was not bringing along anthor friend so i could try more great foodSpecial Features:
- Pretty much of a disappointment.RedwineDined on 9/22/2012Pretty much of a disappointment. Limited menu, mediocre food, highs prices, not the value I would exspect for the money. We will not be returning.
- Great food and delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Great food and delightful presentation with excellent service Glad we tried it during restaurant week as the regular menu looked a bit pricy wonderful pressed coffee tooSpecial Features:
- don't miss this place...........OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2012Food is excellent.....yummy and beautiful we all tried different items and all were fabulous duck, lamb, ribeye, scollops.... don't miss the cheese/meat selections Sit on inside patio for a quieter evening/inside or on outside patio for more "action"Special Features:
- Great food please get moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2012Great food please get more CA wines added for those of us who don't want French!Special Features:
- The best cheese plate andLovestoeatVIPDined on 9/21/2012The best cheese plate and most delicious mussels ever!
- GET THE JIDORI CHICKENsparklenailsDined on 9/21/2012The Jidori Chicken was really outstanding but we also ordered salmon and the salmon was prepared well but didn't taste as fresh as I like. Desserts were tasty but not prepared as well as I like. Maybe I'm being too picky, not sure but the soufflé really did taste good but was over cooked to cake and the beignets were hollow and empty however they did come with very yummy dipping sauces. But like I already said the Jidori chicken was so good I will absolutely return to have it again but would be afraid to order fish again.Special Features:
- We have been going to ZincOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2012We have been going to Zinc Bistro occasionally for the past seven years. This was the worst service we had. It wasn't terrible, but it was quite inattentive.Special Features:
- Not fit for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Not authentic but decent French-inspired food. The fois gras ravioli was underwhelming and the salmon was on the salty side. The restaurant week deal isn't all that great considering what I can get for $40 in my home town of Chicago.
- Our first time at Zinc. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/14/2012Our first time at Zinc. Food was wonderful - everything prepared beautifully. Nice atmosphere, lively crowd. We sat inside by the Eiffel Tower. We had Chateau for 2 - very good, meat could have been cut with a fork, no knife needed. Lovely night.Special Features: