15034 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zincbistroaz.com/
- Phone: (480) 603-0922
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Summer dining Monday- Wednesday 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Matthew Carter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View
A word from Zinc Bistro
A New York Style Parisian Bistro. A 4000 sq, foot restaurant that is designed with contemporary sensibilities, yet returns the nostalgic ambiance of an authentic Parisian bistro. Round marble bistro tables and wicker chairs spill out onto the sidewalk, offering a kind of people watching one might indulge in, along Boulevard Saint-Germain. Zinc Bistro also offer a romantic garden patio secluded deep in the restaurant, lit by candles during the evening, creating an unforgettable ambiance, or a relaxing atmosphere near our fountain in the afternoon. The oyster bar stands at the end of the 25 foot zinc bar, serving fruit de mer platters, as well as all of the accoutrements. We bring in shellfish daily, offering the freshest oysters, clams, mussels, and lobster in the desert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zinc Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (10)special occasion (9)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Zinc continues to be consistently very goodJim7VIPDined on 11/20/2014Zinc continues to be consistently very good to excellent in all categories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014I went for Sunday brunch. Food was good but not exceptional. Service was slow which surprised me since it was not all that busyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch for a FriendSuzanneVIPDined on 11/10/2014Zinc was her choice as it was her birthday. We sat outside and enjoyed the day and the people walking by. Our salads were each different and both absolutely delicious...much more substantial than just another salad. She had the filet and I had the salami. Because it was her birthday, she received the chocolate soufflé on the house. We both had the press coffee. I would recommend this restaurant. Our server, Charles, was terrific and very accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable outdoor diningsushiloverVIPDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed a lovely dinner on a perfect fall evening. The mussels were good as was the tuna tartare. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Great food from start to finish. Waiter was a little abrupt at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!cacti1VIPDined on 11/7/2014Classic bistro décor, convenient location and attentive service. Had flatiron steak and pommes frites. Steak was cooked to order however it was a little too peppery but very tender. Frites were wonderful as were green beans nicely seasoned. Zinc is a "go to " restaurant when we are in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- love that patio!ChicagoAmyVIPDined on 11/6/2014We've eaten here many times when we've visited Scottsdale and the most memorable of those we've sat on the patio with the twinkling lights. Love it! Food is always good, wait staff is always friendly and helpful. Dining in a beautiful setting makes me feel like i'm in Europe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a trip to FrancetwofoodiesVIPDined on 11/5/2014Always one of our favorites. Sitting on their sidewalk patio takes me back to Paris. This is one of those restaurants that makes me think I am no longer in Phoenix. One of our party had a birthday and the owner gave us fancy desserts on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always!BarbVIPDined on 11/2/2014This is a lovely restaurant. Whether seated outside (our favorite spot), in their conservatory, at the bar, or indoors, you are sure to enjoy delicious food in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place!Erin150VIPDined on 10/24/2014This place was a great find - a little pricey but delicious. Scallops with chorizo risotto were amazing and the cheese board was wonderful!Special Features:
- Ridiculously overpriced.ScottsdaleShawnVIPDined on 10/24/20144 mediocre appetizers and 1 glass of Beaujolais was $94.00 after the tip. Service was outstanding. Food was mediocre at best.
- PllcdineVIPDined on 10/23/2014Very enjoyable experience. Great ambiance and great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteThecrusherDined on 10/23/2014The Zinc Bistro is without a doubt our favorite for lunch. We are having a difficult time finding a restaurant that is better for dinner! The French cuisine is very well prepared, but there is fine dining for every palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodZumbanistaVIPDined on 10/21/2014Very happy on our third visit to Zinc Bistro. Our tasty lunch of a Croque Madame and Ham & Gruyere Omelette accompanied by a glas of zip ot a Grigio was just right. Good service and nice environment in the Garden Courtyard.Special Features:
- Unaware of Open TableHungry2VIPDined on 10/17/2014We were in Scottsdale for my birthday, and I had requested a quiet table on my Open Table reservation. Unfortunately, the maitre d' seated us before asking for my name and looking at our reservation! Since they weren't full, I was able to guide us to a suitable table, but the restaurant should really check for special requests before seating a guest who has gone to the trouble to make reservations, don't you think?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and fabulous!ELLEVIPDined on 10/16/2014The staff at Zinc Bistro is overwhelmingly kind and accommodating! I enjoy the creative edge to favorites. The kitchen also listens to special requests and is great in getting it right!!!! This is in between some wonderful shops so it makes a a productive afternoon or evening of dining and shopping! Delightful! ElleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely bistroCantCookAnythingVIPDined on 10/9/2014We love Zinc Bistro for the food (delicious, sophisticated, generous servings), the ambiance (French, beautiful patio, unique for Phoenix), and the service (friendly, unpretentious, topnotch.) The truffle fries are fantastic - and totally worth it. Zinc is one of our favorite spots in the Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 437 reviews are from the Zinc Bistro reviews archive.
- Always a special menu forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2012Always a special menu for Christmas dinner that is inventive, entertaining and delicious.Special Features:
- Food was excellent - waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Food was excellent - waiter was super - recommended a great Pinot. Love the vibe of Zinc. The Ahi Tuna was exceptional.Special Features:
- Very good food and service.xnycopVIPDined on 12/8/2012Their flat-iron steak was great, short ribs OK but not great. Good wine list with lots of reasonably priced wines. Great service from Mitch. Hostess snooty and never smiled once. Very up-tight. Managers never visited tables.Special Features:
- Chateaubriand makes a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2012Chateaubriand makes a great Thanksgiving dinner! Who knew?Special Features:
- Parked right in the centerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2012Parked right in the center of the Kierland mall plaza the ZinC Bistro is a gem of a restaurant. This occasion was to entertain some friends from out of town - I've eaten there a dozen times or more already. Overall a great evening. The menu selection is broad without being overbearing. I had the pan seared steak which came out perfectly. The sea scallops were large and tasty. I recommend without hesitation and plan on returning.Special Features:
- Waiter Nick arranged for aOnTheRoadDined on 11/17/2012Waiter Nick arranged for a molten lava chocolate cake with sparkler to celebrate my milestone birthday! Delicious scallops! Pleasant ambiance.Special Features:
- Didn't think the service wasJeffieGVIPDined on 11/15/2012Didn't think the service was that good...Took a long while to get a drink...our waiter was nowhere in sight. Liked the Steak and Pom-frites, thought the service of Pork Tenderloin was was much too small, especially for the price.
- Although we've had them beforeEarlydinnerVIPDined on 11/14/2012Although we've had them before and they were excellent, the house french fries this time came soggy and weren't particularly good. The same was true for the desert of small donuts with dipping sauce. They were a little doughy and not light and crispy. We mentioned both items to our waitress who was apologetic and also removed the charge for those 2 items from our bill. We were appreciative of the excellent service and responsiveness to our issue.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2012We enjoyed our food and the restaurant is nicely decorated. But the table for 4 people is very small and we constantly were rearranging plates, glasses, etc. to have them fit. Also, it is a bit loud.Special Features:
- very enjoyable. ..waiter excellentMikeVIPDined on 11/12/2012very enjoyable. ..waiter excellent attentive informed and knowledgeable food delisciousSpecial Features:
- Great service and food. Nick,DougVIPDined on 11/10/2012Great service and food. Nick, our waiter took good care of us.Special Features:
- The concierge at the WestinOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/3/2012The concierge at the Westin recommended this place during our stay. Based on the reviews and the menu I was expecting it to be really outstanding. The service was just okay as was the food. My husband had the halibut and I had the scallops. While the presentation was nice the food was not memorable.Special Features:
- Fantastic service. Steak wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012Fantastic service. Steak was dome perfect and sides were perfect to share.Special Features:
- Menu and preparation of menusherrill53Dined on 11/2/2012Menu and preparation of menu items excellent! Not the usual fare you find everywhere - unique dishes with careful and thoughtful preparation. Service was attentive and friendly; helpful but not pushy suggestions. Would not eat inside on a weekend night due to the noise level inside. Outside was pleasant and more able to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- A taste of ParisJackVIPDined on 11/2/2012Great food and service. We had the scallops and the braised short ribs. Both were outstanding. Portion sizes were perfect, not overwhelming. We ate outside on the street side patio and it was perfect. Tables were full, but are arranged to allow for private conversations. Great bartender. Large pour martinisSpecial Features:
- We had a very good dinner.CowgirlDined on 10/30/2012We had a very good dinner. Scottsdale Kierland has lots of choices but this is a favorite. Had a very traditional chateaubriand on the dinner for two and it was excellent. Service was good too and wevenjoyed the interior patio. My only objection was the intrusive music that didn't fit the romantic setting of this place. A simple fix but maybe others disagree.Special Features:
- The food was creative andSuzanneVIPDined on 10/23/2012The food was creative and delicious. I mentioned it was my friend's birthday and she received a delicious creme brûlée for dessert. We ate outside and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- cant wait to do it againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2012We went for my husbands birthday. When we ordered the ginger beer the guy noted that it was his birthday and wished him happy birthday. the food was amazing you must try the foi gras raviolis and if you like jello the bone marrow. I had duck for dinner it was cooked to perfection. We sat on the back patio. it was quite romantic and reasonably quite. They even gave my husband a free dessert for his birthday. I would recommend it to anyone. REMEMBER.... its french so its small portions it designed to taste amazing look amazing and smell amazing not fill you up. Its an experience.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/16/2012One of the best restaurants in the Phoenix Metro Area !Special Features:
- A bistro that doesn't justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012A bistro that doesn't just pretend, but delivers an authentic experience: style, ambiance, and feed. Lively, but not noisy: good for grownup conversations.Special Features:
- We always order the moulesLGPamVIPDined on 9/30/2012We always order the moules and frites, and they are spectacular. The broth is incredibly delicious, you'll be dipping lots of bread in the liquid when the mussels are gone. The hanger steak was perfectly prepared, tender and well marinated. Our sandwiches were creative and tasty. We are never unhappy after a meal here.Special Features:
- Lovin' the Roasted Lamb Belly!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012For my Birthday last year all I wanted was dinner at Zinc Bistro. As soon as I left, I promised I wouldn’t wait until my next Birthday but there I was again this Birthday. If you read some of their recipes, you’ll see that many take days to lovingly prepare. So much detail is put into each dish. The presentation and taste of each plate is something very special. They don’t serve their dinner menu during the day which is the only negative, for me anyways. Request a garden table, order a Russian Mule to drink and the Dungeness Crab & Mushroom Crepe for an appetizer. For dinner order the Grilled Colorado Rack of Lamb, Roasted Lamb Belly. This is the best meal imaginable.Special Features:
- Normally 5 stars across theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2012Normally 5 stars across the board,but this time not so much; service was not up to standard and food order was incorrect twice. Will always go back though!Special Features: