316 S 15th Street
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zinomaha.com/
- Phone: 402-991-0660x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Kirk Wright
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving guests with excellence and a great passion for food has been our tradition since day one. We are pleased to accommodate any taste with the highest quality. Whether it be a large corporate luncheon or a smaller private dinner party in your home we can provide you with what you need.
Just because you're throwing a party, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it too!
Our catering department is ready, willing and able to work with your needs. If you don't see what you're looking for on the menu, one of our professional chefs will personally sit with you and help you plan your event.
- Private Party Facilities: The Zin Room also features five private rooms for banquets, receptions and conferences to suit your needs. All the rooms will be equipped to handle presentations with Wi-Fi and projection screen capabilities for meetings and classrooms. Each meeting room has been appropriately named after several art deco New York style venues including pre-bookings for the highly anticipated Rockefeller Room, our most exclusive private dining room
- Private Party Contact: Michael Fischer 402-991-0660x
- Entertainment: Every Friday night* enjoy the vocal styling of Michael Lyon as he croons you with the likes of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and other 50's classic musicians.
Every Saturday night* sit back and listen to the smooth sounds of contemporary jazz guitarist Dan Livingston.
*On occasion our musicians have previous engagements that prevent them from performing at Zin Room.
A word from Zin Room
The Zin Room maintains a cozy appearance, warm colors, and the active sights and sounds from the exquisite, floor to ceiling fireplace. Lofty ceilings give way to a semi-private mezzanine area for dining. We offer a lounge area with happy hour Monday thru Saturday from 3:00pm - 6:30pm and all day Sunday. We offer live music several days a week including most Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. An extensive wine list was the inspiration to name the Zin Room, that also presents a selection of classic and contemporary cocktails, including several signature drinks. "The AmaZIN Martini" made with Zinfandel, cream and raspberry liquor or the "Bourbon for Breakfast" featuring bacon infused bourbon made in-house. Guests can expect graceful touches in all the cocktails made at the Zin Room. The Zin Room also features five private rooms for banquets, receptions, and conferences to suit your needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zin Room reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)romantic (21)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- So-sofoodieDined on 8/23/2014The A/C was broken when I went for dinner with my boyfriend. I would have appreciated if the waitstaff at least aknowledged how warm it was during our meal. I had to learn why it was so hot from another customer in the bathroom! Our appetizer was too salty and I didn't care for my main dish. Our waiter was very attentive and I really enjoyed my drink and dessert. I probably won't return, however.Special Features:
- Nice evening outDontGetOutMuchDined on 8/22/2014We tried it for our anniversary and had a very nice time. It was quiet and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovesfoodDined on 8/16/2014Had never been there before. Waiter was very good and offered suggestions and descriptions of food when asked ebfore we ordered. We live out west so do not eat downtown real often so was a nice change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing breakfastfoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014We went to Zin Room for breakfast and it was amazing. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere was chic. I can't wait to go back for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Our appetizer came out immediately and our entrees did not come out for an extended period of time. My wife ordered a salad and specifically requested her salad come out before the entrée. However the waitress just brought everything out at the same time. Also, both my wife and I ordered an extra side as this was our first time at Zin Room and we wanted to try different menu items. We both specified that the extra side was in addition to the side paired with our entrée. However the sides were simply substituted. Of course we were not charged for additional sides, but we wanted them and wanted to pay for them. This was a Friday night and the restaurant was not particularly busy. The wine that I ordered was also not the wine that was served.Special Features:
- Love2dineDined on 8/8/2014Made reservation online and our table was ready when we arrived. The décor, service and food was outstanding. David was our waiter and he was very attentive, informative and friendly throughout dinner. We started out with a red blend wine. They have a nice selection of wines that fit every budget. We ordered the steak bites that were tender, juicy and seasoned to perfection. The corn chowder soup was flavorful and creamy. The bread was fresh right out of the oven and delicious. We had the bacon wrapped meatloaf, the truffle risotto, and the dinner size salad with mango prosciutto ham and grilled shrimp. Everything was hot and flavorful. If you're looking for a contemporary feel with exceptional food at a fair price this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good2leftshoesDined on 8/8/2014Enjoy going to Zin Room for lunch. They are in walking distance of many downtown businesses and appreciate that they accept reservations for large groups. The atmosphere is great for business or special occassion and can be casual or fancy. Nice food selection.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerOmahadinerDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I decided to try the ZIN Room for our anniversary based on comments we'd heard from our friends, and it was amazing! Our server was very friendly and attentive, our food was delicious, and my wife enjoyed her piña colada martini. Bananas foster for dessert was a memorable experience as well. Thank you, ZIN Room for a fantastic anniversary dinner, I know we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We went to the Zin Room for our anniversary. It was very quiet and not busy at all on a Thursday night. The food was ok. My husband was more satisfied with his meal than I was. I ordered the pesto linguini with chicken. Really the meal was ok, the service was ok but I was disappointed with my wine. I soon as I brought it up to my nose I could tell I was poured a glass from a bottle that had been open for an extended amount of time. If a restaurant offers wine by the glass they have to be willing to date when opened and dump if no one else orders a glass.
- a must stop for old market dining!pattycakesDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed the menu selections and wine list. Relaxing atmosphere and attentive amd professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zin Room Outstanding Will go backjascmsDined on 7/22/2014We went to the Zin Room for our 25th Anniversary and it was outstanding. We had an appetizer and a glass of wine in the lounge prior to dinner. The house wine was excellent and the Caprese flatbread was delicious. For dinner we had a bottle of Merlot, the special; I had the crab stuffed filet topped with shrimp and asparagus with the smoked cheddar gritz, my wife had the Pesto linguine with shrimp and a side of smoked asparagus. The servings were very good, and the experience was fitting for the occasion. Our server Amy was outstanding and I would highly recommend her if you go. Kirk the kitchen manager and chef came out to congratulate us on our Anniversary and we received a complimentary dessert. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTING & UNINSPIREDBigVitoDined on 7/20/2014Our experience at the Zin Room was disappointing and uninspired. We both ordered the evening "special", which was a crab stuffed filet garnished with two shrimp and two asparagus spears. The price for the "special" was $38.00. It was cheaply made. The crab was minced, not pieces, and didn't seem even remotely fresh. The shrimp were extremely small. The asparagus spears were thin and feeble. The fillet was overcooked. The "background" music was of the annoying "techno" variety, which was too loud and completely out of character with the decor and ambiance of the room (apparently they recently changed to this type music - an exceedingly bad choice). We used to like the Zin Room but it's lost it's identity.
- AnniversaryDonaldDined on 7/19/2014We celebrated an anniversary and everyone took time to congratulate us Terrific food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Friday night outEricaDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I went out for a night to celebrate our anniversary, I've been here before but he had not. We both loved it! He had an amazing Maker's Mark cocktail infused with bacon with a strip of bacon in it! Strange but good! My Ama-Zin cocktail was fabulous and we had the Cajun steak bites, perfectly done, the gouda mac and cheese and the truffle risotto...all were great! The worst part was it a was a tad warm and muggy in there, since it was muggy outside it would have been nice to be a little cooler but it wasn't unbearable. Also the crooner guy was there which we loved since we both love the old standards, very romantic way to spend our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Incredibly too slow, came to Zin with a customer. Did not even have time to eat due to slow service. Would only recommend this restaurant for people on no time schedule or that are able to call in a food order to go.
- Always reliableMichael47Dined on 6/28/2014This is one of the best places for a nice dinner in Omaha. Not too noisy, good music, and great food. The bacon-wrapped dates were a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014Reception was warm and noteworthy. Food was eclectic and unusual. Nice selections of fish, meat and pasta's.Special Features:
- bdaygirlDined on 6/26/20143 piece band playing jazz in the bar area was really nice. wish there was a better selection of wine sold by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! Love the new Spring MenuYumYum402Dined on 6/23/2014Great night at the Zin Room! We ate here before a concert at the Centurylink and it was the perfect choice. The staff got us in and out in plenty of time! We started our meal with the smoked gouda corn chowder and a Caesar salad, both great! For entrees, I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf with mashed potatoes and braised kale (TO DIE FOR). My dining group had the Salmon with Ratatouille and the Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetable "Noodles" (julienned vegetables, sautéed). They cleared their plates before I had a chance to try anything so I'll use their clean plates as a sign that they loved it. We also ordered a side of the bacon-cheddar grits because why not? AND some of their famous mac 'n' cheese. Both were AMAZING. Thanks, Zin! I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceYummyfoodDined on 6/23/2014Our experience at the Zin Room was good! We purchased the Living Social deal and it was well worth it. The good was excellent! The only drawback was the service. When I got there, there was no one stationed at the host table, so after I waited a few minutes, a bar customer seated me. Then our bartender/waitress seemed very overwehlmed. It was right before the Bruno Mars concert, but it wasn't very busy, and she seemed to be running all over the place! It was a good overall experience, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, poor quality foodDeannaDined on 6/21/2014Our server was extremely attentive through our entire meal. We ordered an appetizer that was too salty to finish. My husband and I both ordered medium rare blackened steaks for the entree. Our steaks were neither med rare nor blackened. The 4asparagus spears were skinny and shriveled. The creamy potatoes tasted good but had large pieces of peeling mixed in which made enjoying them difficult. Next time we plan to spend over $100 on a meal we will go elsewhere and enjoy our food as well as our service.Special Features:
- Cozy diningWinendineDined on 6/15/2014I took my fiancé to The Zin Room for Father Day....great place to dine and conversate...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014Excellent food and service. Took the kids and had a great time. Great cocktail menu. We can't wait for our next trip back to Omaha!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014Ordered the bacon wrapped meatloaf. It was raw inside. It disappointed me that we were charged for the metloaf and our desserts.Special Features:
- The following 469 reviews are from the Zin Room reviews archive.
- Good food good timesHuskerKiwiDined on 5/31/2014This was our 2 n's time at the Zin Room. The bacon wrapped dates were are great start. Meals were tasty & service was good. Will come back again someday soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the lastKATandDrLeeDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I thought the view was beautiful and the food excellent. The restaurant was quiet except for a constant slamming (every 5 - 7 minutes) for something that sounded like a freezer door but other than that it was fine. Our waiter was very polite and would never put us in an situation where we had to look for him. I will definitely go back again. I recommend this restaurant for anyone too who wants to enjoy a romantic date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- many chances givenunimpressedDined on 5/24/2014This was my 3rd time visiting. Each time our appetizer came out with our entrees rather than beforehand. Service is par. Food is par. Shrimp tails not taken off before tossed into pasta dishes.
- Excellent serviceMichaelDined on 5/23/2014The wait staff was amazing. They were attentive to our needs and focused on maintaining our experience. The food was ok. I had the scallops and they were extremely salty to the point that I could not eat them. The waiter replaced them with a new order and they remained just as salty and I again could not eat them. I was extremely dissatisfied with my food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/slow & apathetic serviceGolfgalDined on 5/22/2014It took us over a half an hour to get our food, and our server did not seem engaged or interested in our experience. We had to ask about our food, and then the waitress seemed mildly annoyed. We did not receive much attention after it arrived. The food however was very good.
- mid dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014we got reservations at 2 pm on a weekend and we were surprised it was dead. bar was not even open ??Special Features:
- Don't do it!wineloverDined on 5/18/2014We have dined at the Zin Room at least 6 or 7 times. It is hit or miss. I would say 5 out of the 7 have been a miss. This particular Sunday we were going to the Broadway Show Wicked at the Orpheum across the street. (as were most people in the restaurant) We arrived at Noon. We still didn't have water or have our order taken at 12:30. We asked the waitress what was the problem. She said they had No bartender, the hostess left, No manager on duty and two waitresses. The food was wrong. I had a Turkey Ruben..no Sauerkraut. My friend had a Strawberry salad, no goat cheese. My sister had a Blue Cheese, Bacon Burger with sweet potato fries. Regular fries and No Blue Cheese!
- Fantastic ExperiencewellfedmamaDined on 5/14/2014This was our second trip for my husband and me, but we took our friends who had never been there. We all loved it! Great dinner before the show at the Orpheum, great location, easy parking, and great service!Special Features:
- Disappointingblondeeee13Dined on 5/11/2014I have been here before and it was just stellar. This time I could not even believe it was the same restaurant. I arrived before the rest of my party and waited nearly 10 minutes for a water. I booked through Open Table with the expectation of a Mother's Day buffet - this was not the case. I got an email a few days before stating something may have been inaccurate but the email did not have any details, I found out it was the buffet upon arrival. Our water and coffee without without refills, most of our food tasted good (though sides were missing) but it sat under the lamp for way too long and arrived cold. One of our entrees was inedible. The best entree was missing a main ingredient. The worst part - it was NOT busy!!
- SurprisedMangDined on 5/10/2014After reading some of the other reviews, I was surprised at our experience. I had been in this room many years ago when it was not the Zin Room. The owners expanded the space and redecorated it completely. They did a very good job. The space was modern but romantic. It was a Saturday evening and their were many people in the restaurant. However, we got almost immediate, friendly service. We did not have to wait long for our drinks and food. The food itself was excellent and, for us, just the right amount. The only issue was that is was somewhat noisy, but it was a Saturday evening and there were quite a few parties going on. Next time we will try it on a less crowed night.Special Features:
- Worst dining experience of my lifeJLT11Dined on 5/9/2014I have been to the Zin Room before and had good service and loved the singer who performs on Friday nights. My mom was coming to visit from out of town so I made reservations for Friday night. We were seated, our drinks brought to us, and our orders taken. Then nothing for 30 minutes. The waiter refilled our water once and said our food was taking longer than normal but no explanation. We sat there another 30 minutes, nobody came to our table at all during that time. Our food never came. We walked out after sitting for just over an hour being pretty much ignored the entire time. We walked down to Sullivans and had a delicious meal with exceptional and friendly service. Next time it's Sullivan's the first time.
- yum!LuvoldmarketDined on 5/9/2014It was a great dining experience. Such a great location for play goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I neededOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I wanted to treat my girlfriend to a nice dinner before surprising her with tickets to a show at the Orpheum. Given its location, the Zin Room seemed like the perfect place. And it was. Great food, wide variety of wine, and even a bit of live music. The waitress was very friendly and accommodating to some of the time constraints we had that night.Special Features:
- Great dinner and servicecvotakuDined on 5/9/2014We had tickets to a show at the Orpheum and wanted to a good, nearby place to have dinner. We found the Zin Room through Restaurant.com, and it was perfect. We arrived ten minutes before our reservation, and we were seated quickly. The server even asked us if we were planning on going to the show, so he could pace his service around our schedule. The food was fantastic. My wife had the Zin Macaroni and Cheese, and I had the BBQ Short Ribs. Both dishes were full of flavor, though I think my wife won the competition; that Macaroni and Cheese is amazing. Overall, it was a fantastic experience, and we couldn't have asked for a better place to eat downtown on a Friday night.Special Features:
- New Menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The new menu is fabulous! We went to the Zin room prior to a performance at the Orpheum. It was super incredibly handy. We had close street parking for the show and a quick walk to the Orpheum after dinner. Their new menu had just taken over prior to our visit. They did keep some of the old favorites, but updated and added a greater variety of items. The waiters/hostess were courteous and helpful, but slightly slow (my only criticism). The food was flavorful and perfectly cooked. Overall a splendid experience.Special Features:
- My Boys 1st nice dining visitHappyCampers123Dined on 5/7/2014We have practiced eating out 101 for a long time! My 2 adopted special needs sons Did fantastic! Our waitress was Luvly! We were not rushed,my boys luved food! We did not order Burgers + Fries, we tried new things outside their comfort zone,+ they loved everything! We were celebrating my birthday+ Moms day! I had eaten there before+ knew the layout,so was confident the kidos could maintain+ behave beautifully,food came promptly. We went to see Wicked, so they will never forget this evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.