Zin Bistro Americana
32131 Lindero Cyn Rd. #111
Westlake Village, CA 91361Neighborhood:
Agoura Hills / Westlake Village
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zin Bistro Americana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zinwestlake.com/
- Phone: 8188650095
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Roberto Leyva, Exec. Chef / Rouz Yazdanyar, Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private room as well as other options for large parties
- Private Party Contact: Rouz Yazdanyar 8188650095
- Entertainment: An eclectic mix of music personally mixed for our restaurant
A word from Zin Bistro Americana
Just as the Zinfandel grape is uniquely American, Zin Bistro Americana offers a menu that reflects the nostalgic cuisine and synergistic blending of cultures that makes America unique. Zin Bistro Americana features a scenic fire lit patio, spacious bar, lounge and lakefront dining where you can relax in a plush setting, have a drink, an appetizer or enjoy the whole gastronomique experience. We invite you to savor this experience with us here on the lake in Westlake Village.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Zin Bistro Americana - Best Restaurants in Agoura Hills / Westlake Village ›
Zin Bistro Americana reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (41)scenic view (41)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (24)special occasion (23)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (14)great for brunch (8)good for groups (7)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- great locationrockyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food and seating great, long time waiter has poor service skills, better off working carry-out or pick-upSpecial Features:
- Charming ambience; good food10birthdaygirlDined on 10/5/2014We celebrated a birthday with Sunday Brunch. The dining room had that cozy feel, yet huge windows for a fantastic view of the lake. Service was accommodating yet unobtrusive. Food was great and prices quite reasonable. We all dined on salads: seafood, greek falafal and chopped salad with filet mignon. All were delicious! The birthday girl received a complimentary white chocolate creme brulee for dessert. Fantastico! We brought our own champagne and paid a $15 corkage fee which we thought was worth it. All in all, definitely will return and highly recommend it wheter for a special occasion or just a casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great serviceWestisbestDined on 10/4/2014Zin has a great view of Westlake, and the service was very good. Food was very good, too, though not super. And when our good arrived, it was so dark in the restaurant, we really couldn't see it well, which is always unsettling. But it tasted good. I assume they keep the lights down so you have a better view through the windows. Next time I will request a table outside (it was hot the day we went, so we opted to dine inside). The other negative was the loud bar music when we first arrived. Eventually it switched to live music with a more soft jazz tone- more appealing in that setting. All in all, it was a nice experience. I definitely recommend, if ambience is mainly what you're going for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great timedominoDined on 9/29/2014The food and location were excellent of course, but more than that, the staff was playful as well as helpful and caring.Special Features:
- Reviews123Dined on 9/27/2014Totally overpriced for quality of good. It just wasn't good:(. Table was the worst in the restaurant even though we obviously had made reservations. Right by the kitchen door and I could barely fit between the table and wall as I'm super pregnant! They offered another table on the walkway where everyone smokes and again we told them I'm pregnant and that wouldn't be an option. Not good at all. Would never go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014Our waitress was great..Juliette. This is one of my favorite restaurants in WestlakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightBigBill7Dined on 9/12/2014The set up was great. Music in the bar area to give it a high energy feel but dining outside had an incredible vibe. lighting was perfect. service very good food very good. memorableSpecial Features:
- Not greateatingoutDined on 9/6/2014I love the atmosphere and the view at Zin Bistro, but the food is blah. It's way too expensive for the very mediocre food. Fish was fishy, not cooked properly. Service is good and music on Saturday nights is wonderful. I will stick to stopping by for dessert or a drink to see the view and listen to music. I will not eat here again.Special Features:
- Food is good....Service SlowtraceyntVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food is very good. I ordered the corn and crab soup and it was so spicy that I couldn't eat it, it would have been nice to state that info to me when I ordered it because I would have made another choice. Their wines are too expensive per glass. A malbec that you can buy in the store for $12 a bottle is sold for $12 a glass. I don't think it is appropriate to order a bottle when I have my child with me at dinner (which is cheaper). Atmosphere is great on the lake. Service was slow!Special Features:
- Westlake GemkwarmingDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed sitting outside and watching the sunset over the lake. The food and service were wonderful. Thank you!Special Features:
- Disappointed with ZinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014I have been to Zin several times and find it to be inconsistent. However, my last experience was good and I recommended it to my daughter for her 11th wedding anniversary. The reservation was for 7:30 and they didn't get seated outside until 9:30 because it was a nice evening and people weren't leaving. They reported that the food was just okay - service poor and staff stressed. They would not return based on this experience.Special Features:
- Idillic but so disappointingDoreeVIPDined on 8/6/2014Been to Zin many, many times for all types of occasions from a lunch for 2 to a group of 10. Love the food and the ambiance. Celebrating my cousins 99th birthday and knew she would enjoy the whole experience...that is except the server. A dour, non-responsive young women who slid a birthday desert on the table as she passed by without a" happy birthday" or even a candle. So disappointing in retrospect wish I would have made the reservation elsewhere...unless of course a 99th birthday is no big deal at Zin. Btw, the desert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallopschriszDined on 8/2/2014i had the scallops and risotto and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PWontheRun24Dined on 7/19/2014Overall, the Bistro was a blast! Great food, friendly servers and an outright pleasant atmosphere!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Large and varied menus. Presentation nice . Food just fare. They would be better off reducing the menu size and improving the quality. The service is slow and almost non attentive. The magician walking around was very good and helped to diffuse the time from ordering to food presentation.Special Features:
- The perfect birthday dinner.ConnieDined on 7/5/2014It was the perfect dinner : great table, with a beautiful lake view; The food: delicious. Great wines (plenty to choose from). Excellent service. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with friends!JAMAKVIPDined on 6/28/2014Zin is a wonderful date night with a great menu. We've been a few times now and always have a great meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Lakeside DiningEilkasDined on 6/28/2014Zin's has great outdoor dining, a beautiful view of the lake, and friendly ducks wandering around on the green. It all makes for a casual and fun place to meet friends and family for a leisurely lunch. There is also a comfortable indoor option for those who prefer being inside. Service is accommodating, and although not abundant, the menu does have a few nice vegetarian choices. The food is reliable but, since this is a place for leisurely dining, don't expect to get it in a flash. Take your time, sip something cool, and enjoy the ambiance. Zin's is one of my favorite places to meet friends for a special luncheon.Special Features:
- Good, reliable eateryChinaaddictDined on 6/25/2014Have never been disappointed at Zin Bistro. The food is always good, especially the fish.Special Features:
- ValetjerkVIPDined on 6/24/2014Hopefully they can live off the view because the service was awful, food fair. Food delivered & we were asked if we would like more drinks, ketchup, etc. We answered yes, but never saw them. Server never came back to check on the delivery of the food & ask if we were ok. Would only recommend if you want to go somewhere to be treated poorly, pay a lot of a meal & have a great view!Special Features:
- Buy new dishwasher!Jb123VIPDined on 6/22/2014The seating outside, by the lake is very nice. Servers were also pretty nice. The food was poor quality and not tasty, but the worst part was the dishes were really really dirty!!! I couldn't pick up anything without finding dried food particle on it! Please buy new dishwasher! it's really gross!Special Features:
- The following 446 reviews are from the Zin Bistro Americana reviews archive.
- AliCatDined on 5/20/2014Excellent lake setting with great views - a favorite restaurant of mineSpecial Features:
- Needs an updateOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant has a wonderful setting but the menu is stale and needs an update. Also the facility itself is showing a lot of wear, it needs a thorough cleaning and someone needs to check the small details. We won't go back for food but would go for Happy Hour and the sunset.Special Features:
- Service was horribleRsfoodyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Terrible service from beginning to end Waiter brought everyone's food but one, Ten minutes later it arrived, food is good but the service put a sour taste in our mouthSpecial Features:
- Mothers day brunchdrrobdcDined on 5/11/2014We have enjoyed many holiday meals at Zin Bistro. We continue to come here for special occasions and have enjoyed every one of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT WORTH ITOverpricedDined on 5/11/2014Very overpriced for average restaurant. Service was barely average. Uncomfortable cramped seating. Atmosphere stressed. Everything was rush rush rush
- Nice Night OutGrumpyVIPDined on 5/8/2014Excellent menu. Food was very good as was the service. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- More Miss than HitworlddinerDined on 5/5/2014This used to be one of our favorite spots. The food is always good, the service is what is lacking. Earlier last year we had a waiter that forgot to put in our food order and didn't notice. It was almost 1.5 hours from being seated until dining. Last week I took my daughter and a friend in for her 17th birthday. Same waiter. He acted as if we were invisible. Service was slow. Whenever we needed something he was at the bar folding napkins. The busboy served the food and the waiter did not return until I had to get him to come over and offer dessert. This was when we had been sitting about 15 minutes after our entree plates were picked up. Also, highly touted "tableside" caesar salad was served plated.Special Features:
- Always Amazing!LuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 5/5/2014I'm never disappointed at this restaurant. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat.Luv91361lakeDined on 4/21/2014We love to go in time to view the sunset over the lake. The food is always great and the menu has something for everyone. If it is too chilly outside, you can eat next to a large picture window and still get a great panorama.Special Features:
- Zin's contacted me about 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Zin's contacted me about 2 hours prior to my scheduled reservation to tell me that they over-booked the evening and that my reservation time would not be honored. I did not reschedule with Zin's and enjoyed a dinner with my wife elsewhere.Special Features:
- dinnerrickyDined on 4/12/2014The meal was good, however we felt rushed by our food server. We were placed in the bar and the music, although it was excellent, was so loud we couldn't enjoy visiting with our friends.Special Features:
- Great Potential, but inconsistent..JSJBDined on 4/10/2014I went to this restaurant for a business/travel dinner; we waited an hour for our entrees after placing our order, requests for status were ignored, requests for a check to be divided were met with annoyance....the only great thing about this restaurant is the location.Special Features:
- Packed in tightSteepHillDined on 3/29/2014Good menu of well prepared food. Service was very good. Patio seating was very crowded. Our table had 4 chairs, but it is a good thing there were only 2 of us. There was not enough room for 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ReservationSensiDined on 3/10/2014I made the reservation through Open Table and received an email confirmation. However, when our group of 8 arrived at the restaurant, we were told there wasn't a reservation booked. There was plenty of room and we were seated promptly.Special Features:
- Slow, ok food, pretty patioHappy1Dined on 2/21/2014Our reservations were for 6:30, no one came to our table until 7:10! The nice bus person kept our water glass full. Our friends hadn't been to Zin before( new to the area). So we weren't in a big hurry to order but it would of been nice to get a cocktail and a hello from someone! When we finally get service, the waitress wants our order NOW. Three of us ordered filets. Good meat but not hot. Sides were cold and bland. The lamb appetizers were a bit gamely and not hot off the grill. We haven't dined at Zin for at least three years and now I remember why. The food is not that good and pricey for what you get. While the owners are inside getting good service, the customers are on the patio are getting ok food with slow service.Special Features:
- This was by far the worst....BradDined on 2/14/2014Worst meal I've had in Westlake/Thousand Oaks area. The steak was like rubber. I know it's normally better than this, but I sent my very well done steak back once and they just put a bigger piece of rubber on the plate. Could have had a better meal at In N Out. Will not be going back. And it was Valentine's dinner...
- Valentines' Day PerfectionGrammyKDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful view of the lake, as do most tables, where we could leisurely enjoy a wonderful lunch. Even though it was Valentines' Day, we didn't feel rushed in the least and our server took excellent care of us. Their pesto dipping sauce for the bread is awesome! We enjoyed the Ahi Salad and a Steak Salad and both were just fabulous. We will definitely be back often and will recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience at Zin BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/27/2014Our experience at Zin Bistro was exceptional from beginning to end. Delightful service, incredible food, idealic setting. We will definitely be back and will recommend Zin Bisto to anyone we know looking for a nice evening outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOTALLY DISAPPOINTEDMagieVIPDined on 1/26/2014We have eaten at this restaurant many times and the food has always been very good, to the point that we have suggested the restaurant to friends and family. However, on this occasion, I can only say that the food was disgusting, omelets were overcooked and tasted like rubber, also what was filled inside the omelets tasted old and terrible. The coffee was lukewarm and had to send it back and did not request a replacement. The Asian salad had thousand island dressing instead of the usual sesame/soy sauce dressing. Finally to add insult to injury, we were charged $3.50 for coffee that was sent back. The owners of this restaurant should fire the chef and clean up the restaurant, as it looks dirty and is in dire need of an upgrade.