430 Kipling St.
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://restaurantlulu.com/Zibibbo_about.html
- Phone: 6503286722
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday 11:30 AM - 09:30 PM / Friday 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM / Saturday 12:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Stephen Piro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off-premise catering available. Please call 650-614-9131 for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Zibibbo offers a seasonal pan-Mediterranean menu with unique dining space options. We offer personalized packages for breakfast, lunch, and dinner events, as well as cocktail receptions, business events, anniversary celebrations, weddings and also buyouts for up to 600 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Abbaszadeh 6506149131
- Special Events: Contact Zibibbo to plan for your next special event or private dining. Limited Time $16 Daily Prix Fixe Lunch Menu / 50% off Finders Keepers on select wines / Happy Hour 50% off at the bar - wines by glass and spirits. $3 beers. Daily 4-6pm.
A word from Zibibbo
Located in the heart of Palo Alto, Zibibbo offers a seasonal Pan-Mediterranean menu, served 'family-style’ in the tranquil surroundings of a renovated Victorian home. Zibibbo features an award-winning wine list and a wine bar offering over 60 wines-by-the-glass. Enjoy our bar menu of small plates and unique house cocktails by the fireplace in the outdoor Garden Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zibibbo reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Wine and TapasTravellingElbysDined on 4/2/2014We split several small plates and the outstanding paella. Each dish was great; the calamari with lemon was superb. The wine list has some real interesting finds, and 2 oz tastings are offered so you can try several different wines with your meal. I strongly recommend this restaurant for groups so you can try a variety of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiting for okayBonappetiteVIPDined on 3/22/2014food was ok, service was very slow. won't be going back.
- MediumGoddessDined on 3/20/2014Was very disappointed. Food was ok but my dish was so small left hungry and I am a small eater.Special Features:
- Good food, and nice decorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2014this is the third time I've eaten at Zebibbos and enjoyed it each time. The duck was delicious and a very generous portion. Everyone in our party was pleased with their food and the service was attentive as well. My only complaint is that it is often too noisy, especially when another party in the room had someone with a piercing laugh. I noticed that you called the noisy level of sound "energetic" as if this is a good thing. I would encourage you to find some way to muffle the noise rather than build it up. Otherwise, the restaurant is a good one!Special Features:
- Continues to be a good dinner optioJavaOzVIPDined on 3/18/2014Service was just OK on the night, with some dishes slow in coming or needing to keep asking to get water topped up by the waiter. However, atmosphere overall is excellent, location is not too hard to get parking for in the middle of PA, food and wine very good (if at times a little too salty). Our group had a really good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an excellent dining experiencediner123Dined on 3/10/2014Food was very good and the menu was varied to suit a wide range of tastes. Our wine was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect datePaulDined on 3/6/2014Zibibbo is the perfect place to take a date. From the upscale yet relaxed atmosphere to the wonderful food this place hit the mark. The wait staff was friendly and able to guide to the right menu choices. The food, while a but pricey, was within reason and amazingly prepared. Make sure to try the duck confit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, not great. Was aCdMlocalVIPDined on 3/5/2014Not bad, not great. Was a huge deal when it opened 10 or so years ago, hasn't changed. That's either a good, or not so good, thing. To me, not so good. For example, the same shrimp dish that was massive 10 years ago now is 'meh'. For the money, there's better food available at other restaurants. Service was good, though.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/26/2014Average food, very high priced wine selection. For the price, there are lots of other choices for a better evening.
- NOHarveyMDined on 2/26/2014Our group will go somewhere else for a private room.
- Just ok food. bad serviceSuzanne92014Dined on 2/25/2014My snapper was dry, the service was slow, the waiter lacked customer service skills. Also, this place is really big, and small parties are likely to get lost among groups of 20 or more.
- Very Satisfied from New JerseyJoykatDined on 2/18/2014Very pleasant experience. Wait staff professional and attentive. Food well prepared. Overall lovely dinner!Special Features:
- No Valentines at ZibibboSWoodDined on 2/14/2014We were carted off to a separate room for valentine's day. The food was mediocre. I have been to the restaurant before and had better results. They can't handle a larger crowd and should recognize it before they pack a bunch of people in for Valentine's
- The before dinner happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2014The before dinner happy hour at the bar was great. The wine flight is a good deal. Appetizers half price. But the dinner entrees were disappointing in flavor and presentation. Two large slabs of pork loin thrown on top of a mountain of mashed potatoes was not appealing!
- Hit and MissMamaDLDDined on 1/24/2014Overall we had a good meal, but it was a mix of pretty good and bad. The cigar sticks, a house specialty were bad. The charcuterie plate was pretty good. I also liked the goat cheese appetizer...but overall just an ok meal.
- This restaurant looked greatWorldtravelerDined on 1/18/2014This restaurant looked great on the internet, but I have to say it didn't live up to my expectations. The food was OK, not great. The restaurant is huge, so it feels inpersonal and unfriendly. Certainly not a romantic or cozy venue. It is great for group meet-ups. The food is not sophisticated, and at times overspiced / oversalted.
- Delicious!lindyDined on 1/18/2014Everythi g we ordered was lovely. The only exception was the shortribs which desperately neede salt. Since no salt or pepper is on the table (an arrogant move), you have to specially ask for salt and wait while a busboy finds it! I think the chef needs to get over himself and put salt and pepper on the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to meet up withrogerDined on 1/15/2014Good place to meet up with a group. Good variety of food and a lively scene though not overly so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worthywiscDined on 1/14/2014This was a big disappointment. The last time I ate there it was a decent meal, this time, not enjoyable. Poor service, food was over cooked and under spiced. Not coming back.
- top notchBarryDined on 1/11/2014I picked Zibibbo for my fiance's b'day dinner and as thje place to formally ask her to marry me. There is a "bon vivant" feeling in the air. It is at once both classy and contemporary. The food is superb as it should be with 2 wood fires in the open kitchen: one is a rotisserie over burning wood for chicken, duck,pork, etc (daily changes). The other is a Mongolian style wood fired oven for baking. Best of the best, but not if you are in a hurry, as service is delightfully "slow", so plenty of time for talking and romance. Also there is a separate bar area, where meals are served. and a separate dining room for large dinner parties. My favorite restaurant this side of the hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!wendeeVIPDined on 1/11/2014We've heard about Zibibbo, but never had a chance to go out. We went with our 15 year old daughter--she approved of the menu (pizza and pasta). Great menu with lots of choices, although my husband said the food was "rich" meaning a little on the fatty-salty side. However, the flavors were a good blending. The wait-staff was attentive. We have been to other places in the same price range and find the food at Zibibbo to be much more tasty and the wait-staff less pretentious. Generally, a good experience. The couple in the booth next to us had a special evening as he proposed to her :-) That must make this a special place.Special Features:
- Billed as a "restored Victorian"KingVIPDined on 1/10/2014Billed as a "restored Victorian" with "lots of quiet nooks" we found it cavernous and loud. Large parties going to and from dinner hang out at the bar; the noise level was very high and the traffic was blocked to/ from the dining room. Perhaps this is to be expected n a Friday night, but this is not the place for a quiet dinner for two.Special Features:
- DisappointingKevinTVIPDined on 1/2/2014I have eaten at Zibibbo many times and this time was a complete disappointment. The food was "just" ok. The presentation was uninspiring. The flavors were "plain". This was a restaurant that I always enjoyed for the flavors, presentation and quality of the food. Not worth the $$$. There are too many other good restaurants in the area.
- Won't be going backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/31/2013Descent food and awful service!!! We were there for three hours waiting for the food. The waitress never asked if we wanted a second drink order. We had to ask for steak knives, water, and everything else that one would need for a meal. She didn't even realize our appetizer never came. Offered us bread by the second hour. Won't be going back. Sooo disappointed...the service is a big part of the meal experience! It wasn't even that crowded for a new's eve night! Awful...
- Started with a hiccup but ….MirandaDined on 12/31/2013The Service was great! Our waitress was very attentive/service was good. The only hiccup was at the beginning, when the host became really cranky about the fact that we did not want to sit outside in the windy courtyard. He loudly companied to the wait staff that we were being "difficult". The fact that I heard this from where I was sitting should make it obvious that the host wanted me to hear his rants. From that point on, though, the experience was great! The food was wonderful and the service was without fault.Special Features:
- Zibibbo!billieVIPDined on 12/28/2013I had fond memories of the wild mushroom pizza which I had ~ 6 years ago, so I ordered it again. It was just as delicious as I remembered. For dessert, I had the tarte tatin which was good but not great. I was very impressed with the service. The staff was efficient and professional. My server knew just how much attention to give me. He wasn't intrusive, but did stop at my table to tell me that my pizza would be ready in a few minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, with attentive servicefoodieDined on 12/21/2013Lunch @ 1:30p the Saturday before Xmas - it was empty since all the holiday parties had just left. Haven't been there for several years - menu was scaled down, but still had many choices. Service was attentive and food was great! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lamb burgersPatrickWDined on 12/20/2013Lamb burgers here are one of my favorites. Option for pichet of wine (about 1.5 glass) allows for trying different wines for a group. Selection of wine is also good, with Mt. Veeder available when we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed? NO!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/19/2013This was a Palo Alto neighborhood standby. Reliable food. Great Mediterranean fare with many vegetarian options. Attentive service. I hear it's now closed. Unlike.Special Features:
- Sub par any way you look at it.CarrieDined on 12/18/2013We went this week with a group of 7 and had a really poor experience. Food was below average (especially for the money), ambiance was stale feeling, and service was slow. A few dishes we sent back did not get taken off the bill. Will not be back.
- Hit the spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013My co-workers and I enjoyed our Holiday Luncheon at Zibbibo; this was our first time at the restaurant. We were greeted with a smile and seated immediately for lunch. Our server was friendly and kept our table satisfied with his service. The food was absolutely delicious as we tried each other's dishes. The restaurant was quiet even when the lunch time started; we were impressed with even though the restaurant was filling up that it was not loud and we could still hear each other talk. The restaurant was clean and full of light; I liked how the restaurant was decorated and how it wasn't "too much". I would highly recommend Zibbibo for lunch; thank you for giving us a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for a Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2013We have held small group business lunches (6 - 10 people) at Zibibbo on multiple occasions. The staff is always on top of the reservation, places the group in a good location, and paces the service of food and drink well. We will continue to bring our business (and business contacts) here. Haven't been in at dinner time, but will definitely make it a point to stop in one evening to get the full picture :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere else.NickVIPDined on 12/4/2013Don't quite know why this restaurant was full of people on a Wednesday night. Raw seafood had to be sent back, although the appetizers we got instead (tzatziki, bacon wrapped figs, and arancini) were good. Entrees (snapper and pumpkin risotto) were bland. To make matters worse, the kitchen was extremely slow. Four drinks, one appetizer, and two entrees for $140.00 with tip? I'm never going back.
- Still GreatHKdinningDined on 11/19/2013I've been coming here for years and the food is still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013The waiters r arrogant, the service is like the employees r there to lounge around!!! N the food is nothing to write home about! When two people spend abot 80 bucks for dinner they expect some quality! It just wasnt there. I could have gone to a fast food place n got warm food atleast! Reservations etc does not make a restaurant exclusive. I would not go there again to eat burnt n cold pita, lazy n arrogant staff!!!! Catering to those who order bottles of alcohol!! The chicken on skewers ... Believe me u can do a much better job at home!!!
- Had high hopes.....MW74Dined on 11/15/2013.... from all the reviews and the fact it has been voted one of Americas top 20 restaurants but we were not impressed. The food was OK but lacked style, imagination and subtlety. The room was too big and the lighting all wrong. Not sure how it got all those great reviews - maybe it's just that this is the gold standard of restaurants around here but I sincerely hope not.
- Don't botherHappilyDiningVIPDined on 11/9/2013It started with the irritable man that sat us- I had requested a booth when I made the reservations so he sat us at a table in a large, noisy room filled with tables with kids. Just what one wants with hopes of a romantic evening. Not. And there were plenty of tables available. The menu looks about the same as it did ~ 3 years ago when I was last there. The food was OK. Nothing spectacular, but OK. The server was friendly (nice change from the start) with pretty good service. The wine list is great- especially the variety of wines by the glass. Lots and lots of interesting options. But I wouldn't go there again unless it was for a glass of wine and an appetizer in the bar.Special Features:
- Bad service killed the experiencePALoyalistDined on 10/25/2013They have been a good staple in Palo Alto for years. Four of us went to celebrate a friend's engagement. The wait staff was continually interrupting stories and conversation with no attempt to observe the table, wait for menus to close. The waitress' English wa too limited to understand any special requests from the menu. Nor could we understand her much if the time. Ultimately, she was so overtly anxious to be done fort the night that I suggested she ask someone else to help her close out the check when we were ready. Was a shame as it overshadowed the good food and killed the enjoyable celebration.Special Features:
- Lunch reviewStaciebugDined on 10/17/2013Great, ambiance and food. Love this place for lunch and dinner! Service was substandard but hopefully just a one time fluke. Flatiron steak and mussels are yummy!Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant. The onlyLauraDined on 10/9/2013Fabulous restaurant. The only downside is the difficulty finding parking in downtown Palo Alto.