4628 Meridian Ave.
San Jose, CA 95124Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sjziba.com/
- Phone: 4082671288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM, Sunday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner:Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Ali Kompanian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have catering available for all occasion! With a wide variety of options from wraps, stews and kabobs, we will do it all for your private event. We offer full service catering, along with basic catering needs.
A word from Ziba Restaurant
Ziba Restaurant, a family owned Persian Restaurant, welcomes families, friends and neighbors for an unforgettable experience. Once there, you are attended to like a family while the excellent staff delivers tasty, authentic, classic Persian food. Ziba Restaurant has withheld it"s origins, and has brought back a piece of the Persian Tradition. With mellow music playing the in the background and a friendly environment, our goal is to provide you with the best reasonably priced cooking. When you step in to Ziba Restaurant, you are instantly swept up by ways of mouth-watering fragrances, wafting delightfully from the assortment of dishes we are carrying out from the kitchen. All of our dishes are prepared with the freshest ingredients and the finest halal meet. While we use the basic ingredients, we also add ingredients that enhance it: Pomegranates, pistachios nuts, rose water along with a mixer of vegetable to create a delicious taste that will have you coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ziba Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- ExcellentlovgoodfoodDined on 7/27/2014Ziba is an excellent restaurant for any occasion. Located in a neighborhood, beautiful atmosphere, clean, comfortable, delicious food, high end setting, yet relaxed for just dropping in for dinner or lunch. I celebrated my birthday, accommodating comfortably my large number of guests. Food, service and setting was awesome. Really had a nice time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find for a group lunchJohorVIPDined on 6/24/2014Very successful lunch for a group of 8 with good variety on a tasty menu. Personal, unobtrusive service. Would return for dinner if I lived learby - but perhaps next visit.Special Features:
- The following 32 reviews are from the Ziba Restaurant reviews archive.
- A nice reintroduction to PersianAndyZDined on 5/18/2014For a night out for two, we wanted food that was outside our usual, and someplace quiet. Ziba covered both those needs wonderfully. We were one of only a few small groups. Service was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. We both enjoyed what we ordered and are looking forward to experiencing other dishes when we visit next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden TreasureShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 4/27/2014We dine at Ziba a lot, because the food is just so good. We've tried a number of dishes, and they have all been delicious and perfectly prepared. The service is good. It is tucked away in a shopping center, near Lunardi's, but it's definitely worth looking for.Special Features:
- Great food & service!PaulDined on 4/25/2014First time visit and Ali was very hospitable and knowlegable. Ali made some great suggestions and the food was wonderful! This is a true neighborhood gem! The rose and rice frozen dessert was excellent! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backTrapperDined on 2/14/2014We visited Ziba's for the first time on Valentines day. They offered a four course meal for two. The food was excellent and prepared perfectly. We really enjoyed the Kabobs. Service was spot on and the help staff was very helpful and friendly. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent All-AroundShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 12/20/2013Ziba hits just the right note between being relaxed enough for kids, yet also being elegant enough for a romantic meal. We have had a birthday dinner there, date night, and family dinners. The food has nicely layered spices, so that every bite is interesting and flavorful. The menu has a lot of variety, ranging from wraps to hearty gourmet entrees. Everything we have tried has been perfectly prepared. Our food is always fresh, never over or undercooked. We particularly like the hummus appetizer, and the koobideh kabob. I learned that I can get the combination kabob with one beef koobideh and one chicken koobideh, and that's my favorite. They also prepare food to go, and it's perfect when you get it home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Restaurant, Delicious FoodShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 8/20/2013We just had another wonderful lunch at Ziba. They are open for dinner, too. Their food is very fresh, and absolutely delicious. The restaurant is decorated very elegantly, with tablecloths and well-selected decorative objects. The thing I notice first, whenever I come here, is how wonderful the restaurant smells. It's also very clean. We always get our food quickly, and we all like our dishes. Their hummus is delicious, and we frequently get the kubideh kabob, because it's really good. This restaurant doesn't have booths, nor does it really look like a kids restaurant, but children are welcomed, and treated with respect. While my sons are teens now, we have seen small children there, and they seem to really enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scratch your Mediterranian itchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2013If you're in the neighborhood, and need some fresh, tasty food, this is a good place to check out. The menu is unusual and creative, and most of the food was delicious. I didn't like the salad dressing too much. I mean, good olive oil and lemon juice with some harmonious herbs is a no-brainer! Theirs was way over-herbed and too oily. However, my friends had the chicken and it looked really good. This place is clean and fairly well-appointed. A little boring in terms of decor but elegant in its own way. Prices weren't unreasonable and the portions were healthy. P.S. Don't listen to the advice of the young woman server, especially if she tells you your appetizer will conflict with your entree. Eat what you want. Trust your gut!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueVioletLadyDined on 8/14/2013The portions are very large although the seasoning isn't quite there.Special Features:
- Wonderfully Authentic FoodShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 6/22/2013The food at Ziba is delicious, and uses authentic spices. The recipes are varied, and include vegetarian selections like hummus, falafel, Kashe-Bademjan and a veggie kabob. The hummus is very fresh and delicious, and comes with all the garnish items like lavosh, butter, mint, onion, and wonderfully flavorful cheese. This is one restaurant that our whole family agrees on, and friends we've taken have been very impressed, as well. The staff is very kind and welcoming, and the food is always prepared perfectly. I also recently learned that they do catering, so I'm planning to have them cater my next event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your ordinary Persian FoodMondyVIPDined on 6/19/2013This place is very neat and clean with a nice menu and great service. Try the whole roaster Game hen which is cut into small pieces and served with rice. The have things on the menu I have not seen too often before including one of my favorites tahdig, crunchy rice. I plan to return on a Saturday when they serve Lamb Shank. I think everyone will find something they like here.Special Features:
- Great Persian foodUligDined on 6/14/2013We looked for a place to eat in San Jose, and made a bet on Ziba. The food was great, the atmosphere is very homey. We liked every dish (we were 4 people), and the desserts were wonderful (especially the Falludeh)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Persian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2013We happened upon Ziba when looking for a place close to home. The food was excellent! The appetizer Kashe-Bademjan was amazing--even DH, who doesn't care for eggplant usually, thought it was great. He had a crispy rice with beef stew for an appetizer and enjoyed it, too. We both ordered the combination chicken and ground beef kabobs. The beef kabobs on basmati rice were amazing--tender, juicy, delicious. The chicken kabobs were not as good--dry, perhaps overcooked. I brought them home to cut up for the dogs. Next time we'll skip the chicken and try some of the specialty dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Persian RestaurantsMarcDined on 5/24/2013I have been there many times. Their kabob wraps are amazing. You should try the Kashk Bademjan! I love it so much we had them cater for a party of 50 people and they delivered everything to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 2/21/2013We love Ziba. It's a quiet place we can all go and enjoy some food and conversation. The food is amazing. The hummus is the best we've found, and the kabobs are juicy and flavorful. Everything we've been served tastes very fresh. The people who staff the restaurant are very nice and are kind to our teenagers. Ziba is one of the rare restaurants in the Bay Area that our whole family can agree on. We're always happy when we are finished with our meal.Special Features:
- ziba is spot on!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Ziba is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always delicious and never disappoints, this is from someone who has tried MANY of the menu items. The service is quick, friendly, and thorough. This is nice casual, neighborhood spot. It's got nice ambiance, cloth napkins and table cloths, but not real stuffy or fancy. The beer and wine list is not super impressive, so if you're a real connoisseur maybe check and see if they have corkage and BYOB. I love this restaurant and recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:
- Within a week of learningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/20/2013Within a week of learning about this restaurant, I'd been to eat here three times -- it's that good. The last time was for my birthday, and I was with a party of seven people, including a vegan. We all thought the food was fabulous and the service impeccable. After overhearing that another person in the party had had a birthday earlier in the week, our server brought out two birthday treats. That was such a thoughtful gesture and much appreciated!Special Features:
- ambiance is a little dullOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/11/2013ambiance is a little dull but the food and service are out of this world!!!Special Features:
- Solid neighborhood restaurantnicknameVIPDined on 1/4/2013Ziba is a nice, family-run restaurant. The food is very good, and they get credit for offering a few items that are not standard fare on the usual "Kabob" place, such as kookoo sabzi and torshi. I've had *slightly* better kabobs elsewhere, but at places where the torshi is not offered. For this reason, we would go back to Ziba, but we would likely stick to the non-kabob items, such as the Khoresh Gheimeh or the Fesenjoon. The former was delicious with very tender chunks of beef (good quality meat) and lots of delicious yellow peas. We really enjoyed the torshi. The wine list is poor- the by-the-glass list only indicates the varietal (the vineyard and vintage are not listed). The beer list is better, offering some good choices.
- Better than any other PersianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2012Better than any other Persian restaurant I've been to. As good as the best home-cooked Persian food.Special Features:
- Enjoyable spot for an affordable,lunchDined on 7/20/2012Enjoyable spot for an affordable, casual and tasty dinner. Amazing yogurt appetizer!Special Features:
- Being a first time we wereLocalfoodieDined on 6/8/2012Being a first time we were somewhat skeptical about a neighborhood Persian restaurant. But it turned out to be quite a pleasant surprise. Food was very good, Prices are reasonable and service was good.Special Features:
- Good Persian Food.AllieDined on 3/8/2012The menu is small but very good. We went on a Thursday night and there was one other table there. It's in a strip mall but the food was very good. We would go again. They had my favorite persian drink, Doogh. I don't understand why they don't have more business if the food is so good and the service was spot on. Food was fresh and very hot. Chicken and Beef kabobs were excellent, appetizers were soooo good.Special Features:
- Great Food!lukuDined on 3/3/2012The food was great, as always! I lost count just many times my husband and I have dined at Ziba. Will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Find...YAYOptblerVIPDined on 3/2/2012A neighborhood find that is for sure. Hubby and I were craving for Persian food, but did not feel like driving too far from San Jose.To our surprise (pleasantly)Ziba, a 4 star restaurant, came up on our search and it is available through Open Table. We grab the nearest reservation and headed over there. We were immediately seated and the wait staff were very warm. We had brought a bottle of our fines with us too and corkage is $12. The restaurant is clean and friendly. I'd recommend it for everyone.Special Features:
- Ziba is an upscale restaurant,ShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 11/30/2011Ziba is an upscale restaurant, with great food and service. The menu included a variety of dishes, including kebab, stews, lamb shank, and salads. For lunch, you can also get wraps. You can order food to go. I found the hummus to be the best I'd ever had, and my son agreed. My husband and son had kebabs, which they liked, and I had the Khoresh Gheimeh which was wonderful. It was nicely balanced, in terms of the spices, and also in terms of the beef to vegetable ratio. It was so delicious I brought the leftovers home. We've agreed that we're going to be going back to Ziba as our preferred Persian food restaurant. The service was just right: he didn't hover over us, but he didn't let our tea get empty, either.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/11/2011Love Ziba's food (Kooobadah and Shish Kabob) and service. The Persian tea was great too! We also always order the eggplant appetizer (i hate eggplant in general, but I really enjoyed this dish)Special Features:
- Good food, good neighborhoodSuZQDined on 11/6/2011Good food, good neighborhood find. I would like it even better than I do if they had lamb dishes on the menu every day! They have some interesting choices (like a persian burrito), which turned out to be tasty; if you like persian food, this restaurant is a keeper. Friendly, attentive staff.Special Features:
- Try the Stew...is good yes?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2011Tasty food and friendly service. Ask for more bread and cheese if your with a group, it's awesome. Try the stews, you won't be dissapointed.Special Features:
- very subpar. went on a sundayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2011very subpar. went on a sunday evening and the restaurant was very quiet. There were only 1 other family eating there and the owner's kids kept playing on his ipad in one of the table by the kitchen. family and kid friendly restaurant I guessSpecial Features:
- We were looking for a newOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2011We were looking for a new cuisine and checked this place out. It was different to what we're use to. The service was great and helpful, being that we hadn't had Persian food before. The kabob's were good. The chicken dish was sweeter than we imagined but still tasty. I can't compare this to anything else but I did enjoy it.Special Features:
- We come here often for bothnodishes2doDined on 4/29/2011We come here often for both take out and eat in. Kabobs are the best. Friendly service also. It's always a pleasure and delicious.Special Features:
- We didn't have preconceivedSuZQDined on 3/27/2011We didn't have preconceived notions about Ziba, other than the ratings on this site (which were positive). We were pleasantly rewarded! For a neighborhood/mall restaurant, it had tasty food, served nicely. The prices were right. The only problem was that there was no lamb on the menu, which tends to be a favorite of ours at a Mediterranean restaurant. They have lamb shank on Saturday nights, but this wasn't Saturday night....Otherwise, the servers were friendly, and they answered all our questions with a smile. We will return.Special Features: