935 W. Burlington Ave.
Downers Grove, IL 60515Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lemontreegrocer.com/bistro/
- Phone: 6309699869
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Brunch: Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Wine/Cocktail Bar: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Barista: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 9:00pm; Sunday: 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Canning
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering at Lemon Tree Grocer offers a wide variety of services and price ranges. From small dinner parties to large corporate lunches, we can tailor a menu to meet your needs. We offer a catering menu, holiday packages, custom catering and baked goods. Whether it's a graduation party, bridal or baby shower, summer picnic or pig roast, come to us to plan your next party or event. Our knowledgeable staff takes the stress out of planning your party. Call, stop in, or email our catering team to check out all of the options available. 630-969-9869 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Wednesday and Saturday evenings.
A word from Zest Bistro
Located in the Lemon Tree Grocer in downtown Downers Grove, Zest Bistro offers one of the most unique dining experiences in the western suburbs. Our talented culinary team, led by Chef Tim Canning, has created a savory contemporary American menu you won't find anywhere else in the suburbs. The menu offers freshly caught seafood, custom cuts from Niman Ranch, generous burgers, pasta dishes, locally sourced produce, wine and cheese flights, cheese plates, craft beers, and made-to-order sushi on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Zest Bistro also features many gluten-free and vegetarian options and is family-friendly. The restaurant hosts a variety of monthly events and happenings including wine tastings, live music, daily menu specials and more! Gather with friends, family and co-workers to experience the flavors of Zest bistro. Sit down dining with a twist! Adjacent to the Metra train station.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zest Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Given that it's a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/21/2013Given that it's a restaurant inside a grocery store it is OK. Fried green tomatoes were excellent as appetizer. The veggie burgers were tasteless and huge. Molten chocolate cake was not molten. Large outdoor patio - but reservations are only for indoor. "Folks come and sit outside and stay all evening" we were told - so no chance to turnover of a table outside.
- First TimersFaviDined on 8/17/2013The waitstaff was friendly and knowledgeable. We had lots of questions and they were happy to answer them all. Cannot wait to head back for some of their weekday offerings!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013So happy to see an expanded menu at the Zest Bistro! Burgers are the best in town, hands down. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server recommended the houseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2013Server recommended the house special sushi roll with tuna - was amazing! Also had the halibut which melted in your mouth. The place was lively and the service was great. Will definitely be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service needs helpdnuggetVIPDined on 7/16/2013While the chef makes some excellent dishes, a consistent degree of customer service is lacking, especially from those in managerial positions. There is no need to wait 30 minutes for your table when there's empty tables available that can be combined to allow us to sit.
- FairFoodieDined on 7/9/2013Came for taco Tuesday. Beers on tap were not able to be served because of lack of CO2. Food tasted bland. Server seemed very inexperienced and did not have great table etiquette.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceUKdiningDined on 6/23/2013First, I was misinformed when I called to make sure that I will be able to order from the regular menu on Sunday and after I got seated, I was told that I can only order from the Brunch Menu. Second, the service was less than poor and the waitress lacked any product knowledge. Third, two out of four of our dishes were served without the hot side dishes, it took another 15 to 20 minutes for the hot side dishes to be served. On top of my grilled chicken breast being cold, it was overcooked and extremely dry. Last, the substituted vegetables that other guests ordered were added to the bill as additional items, when in fact they were substitutions and we should not have been charged for them. The whole experience was truly disappointing.
- Prices don't seem to match ambiencemenuloverDined on 5/16/2013The food was good. My dining partner had parpadelle which needed more sauce, it was just too dry. Also, the dressing on the salad was almost non-existent. I had fish which was cooked fine and the lemon sauce was delicious and asparagus cooked perfectly. I think it's more of a burger place as the other prices are just too high for a cafeteria looking place. Service was so-so. There were so few diners it should have been better. No bread. Paper napkins. It's a restaurant in a grocery store, so have a sandwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a burger and the ahiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013We had a burger and the ahi tuna salad - both were excellent. Servers are friendly and the place is cozy and comfortable. Will definitely go there again!Special Features:
- Been wanting to try the veggieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013Been wanting to try the veggie burger for a while based on a previous great recommendation. I think maybe my expectations were a little too high. It was rather large and I like all the standards: tomato, onion, etc. But the pepperjack cheese didn't have the spicing I like. The pretzel roll was just ok. The fries were a highlight of the meal. The broccolini was decent. As a beer advocate, I investigated the menu quite intently. It was good. Yet, I was in the mood for a cocktail. The one I wanted was unavailable. My backup was ok, not great. Yet we love this place and will be back.Special Features:
- Food was very good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012Food was very good and the staff was wonderful. Somehow we missed that this restaurant is located in a grocery store! Seemed very strange to make reservations and then eat at a grocery store. I think this detail should be made clear on a website so that those who don't live in the area know before planning a nice date night out with out our 4 kids. There were children in the store shopping with their parents, a milk and egg cooler next to our table and shopping carts nearby. Very strange. But again, good food!
- Excellent choice for my birthdayChicagoIndyDined on 9/23/2012Excellent choice for my birthday brunch! Delicious food and fun to walk the store and shop afterward. Definitely on the Keeper List!Special Features:
- Zest is located in the LemonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2012Zest is located in the Lemon Tree market which is like a mini Whole Foods. The food was excellent. Our table enjoyed the steaks (Niman beef) and the Sea Bass. We'll be going back on a Monday to try their burgers.Special Features:
- Zest Bistro - Great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012Went here for a birthday lunch, loved the alfresco dining option. Great service and fantastic food. I chose the Asian salad and it was phenomenally tasty! My dining compaion had the salmon and she raved about it. If you have time check out the sweet grocery store (Lemon Tree) with take out prepared foods ( salads,whole chickens and other entrees) and packaged goods. The inside dining option could be improved as it looks very ordinary and cold, not cozy & welcoming. I like that there aren't a zilllion options like Whole Foods. They have a very nice variety and it's just enough.Special Features:
- We have been here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2012We have been here several times and service is usually very good, but it was somewhat slow on this visit.Special Features:
- Took my mom and my daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2012Took my mom and my daughter for dinner. Food wad delicious. Service was friendly and quick. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Just great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2012Just great food and service for a fair price. Great beer selection. Outdoor dining is available. We had a great time and will certainly return.Special Features:
- Small menu, good food. ButSuzeVIPDined on 6/27/2012Small menu, good food. But VERY noisy -- they need some sound baffling. Difficult to have a conversation without shouting. Also, we had seen cheese flights noted online, but they weren't on the menu. When we asked, they said sure, but couldn't answer questions about which cheeses. They finally found a sheet listing the cheeses. We ordered the selection to pair with white wine and the cheese platter was phenomenal.Special Features:
- We always enjoy sushi nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012We always enjoy sushi night at Zest! The food is fresh and delicious and the staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great burgers but waited anOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/11/2012Great burgers but waited an hour for them to be served.Special Features:
- A definite gemFoodieDined on 6/4/2012Love this place. Eclectic menu and an amazing little grocery attached!Special Features: