Zest Bar & Grill
525 Diffley Rd
Eagan, MN 55123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zest Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://zesteagan.com/
- Phone: 6513406797
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Thursday - 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wine
A word from Zest Bar & Grill
Fresh ingredients served from a scratch kitchen focusing on quality and service. Only craft beer on tap, respectable wine list, and mouth watering cocktails make Zest! Bar & Grill a one stop shop for all things tasty!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zest Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food, with an OK atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2013More of a bar and grill than a formal restaurant. Good food and a great beer list. A good choice if you are looking for a casual dining scene.
- Wonderful experianceHappyVIPDined on 6/15/2013Great place to have a fantastic meal away from the busy franchisesSpecial Features:
- Nice locale to meet friendslimalaDined on 6/1/2013There were six of us in our 50's that caught up with good conversation while enjoying wonderful service from Doug. Everyone enjoyed their meal and cleaned their plate. My husband and I enjoyed the parmesan-crusted steaks. Nummy. They cooked it perfectly. Another had a chicken sandwich that was tasty. We followed up with carrot cake that was goooooooood. We will meet here again. We do thank the restaurant for going with the Metro Dining Club and this lets us save a little money when we go. It is because of the discount card that we tried this restaurant out in the first place. This visit was probably our fourth or fifth. The booth for six was comfortable and we used the Open Table to make our reservation. That was handy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCraveVIPDined on 5/12/2013We received a coupon in the mail & had never heard of Zest, so we thought we'd try it. We went on Sunday & didn't realize you could ONLY order Brunch until 1:30. The food was average, at best, for a $15 brunch (didn't include beverages). Eggs, french toast, pasta, but nothing unusual. Because we arrived toward the end, they were slow to refill the buffet. Tables service was good, but a buffet doesn't require much. We presented the coupon on payment & were told that Mother's Day was an exception to the coupons (this was not noted on the coupon). We were disappointed in this as the coupon is what drew us to try the restaurant. Overall, it was a disappointing experience. We might try again at a time when we can order off the menu?Special Features:
- Fabulous place, and we willOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/3/2013Fabulous place, and we will be back for sure! Had a good beer menu, as well as a wine menu. Food was good, but service was fabulous. It is a little loud, but we were able to have a good conversation. All in all, I would recommend this place to all my friends.
- Our first experience was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2013Our first experience was good so this second visit was such a disappointment. Food was not good, service was slow. Doubt we will be back. Hate the inconsistency. Bummer as we thought we had found a neighborhood gem. Not the case.
- False AdvertisingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Their website calender said live music. Which is why we selected Zest. There was no band and no apology for the mistake. Booking everything online has it's downside...next time we will call to reserve our table and confirm events. They ran out of the house wine that several in our group were drinking and offered higher priced alternatives. The food was not bad, just lacking in flavour was the comment I heard. Zest is in our neighborhood, we will be back inspite of a few dissapointments.
- Bison burger needs workoperababyDined on 4/5/2013The service was fantastic. We ordered a Walleye Fingers appetizer that came with fries. It was delicious and we could have skipped ordering the entrée since the appetizer plate was actually enough. We then ordered 2 burgers. I ordered the zest burger (when looking at open table they have two names listed, this burger is only beef not bison). It met my expectations. My husband ordered a Bison burger with the mushrooms and swiss cheese. Here's where the experience went awry. The bison burger was not completely bison. It had liver in it. YES, liver. The mushrooms on the burger were canned. Gross. It was very disappointing. Not sure if we would go back based on the bison burger, but the service WAS outstanding.Special Features:
- AWESOME experience. Zest willfaye1960Dined on 3/31/2013AWESOME experience. Zest will definitely be a part of our routine dining!! I can't wait for better weather to be able to sit outside!Special Features:
- A gem of a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2013Food was great, Service was great. We have driven by Zests restaurant many times and never gave it much thought. Boy were we missing out, food was terrific, Scott our waiter was excellent. By far one of our new favorites. can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- We've dined there before becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We've dined there before because our nephew worked there. This time, though, the overall noise in the restaurant/bar was just too much. We had a hard time hearing each other at our table and that frustration caused us to leave early. We would remember this when deciding where to dine next. It's important to be able to hear each talk when we dine with friends. Music could have been turned down a little...Special Features:
- Great food and service butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013Great food and service but very loud. Could not carry on a conversation without shouting. This was a Friday night and very busy. I would go back but at a less busy time.Special Features:
- The bartender she was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2013The bartender she was awesome! Very friendly and very welcoming. Will be back with some more friends..Special Features:
- The food was excellent, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013The food was excellent, especially the mussels. We had a wonderful waitress!Special Features:
- Limited menu and food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Limited menu and food was okay at best. Not a good value for your dollar ether. Ambiance was not very good. Go put in a booth that was squished the bar area (because the people) even when the dinner area was bigger and it wasn't full.Special Features:
- Cajun Grouper was good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Cajun Grouper was good, but waiter seemed scattered, as if he had too many tables, for an evening when the restaurant wasn't full.
- The staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013The staff was very friendly and courteous. We were not rushed and were told to take our time, even though it was a busy night.Special Features:
- Zest is one of those restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Zest is one of those restaurant gems that you run across very rarely. It's a winner on all counts.Special Features:
- I am hoping more people findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/26/2013I am hoping more people find this place. It is a nice location and could be a great neighborhood restaurant. We will definitely try it again this summer and sit on the nice patio once the weather permits.Special Features:
- Zest is a nice surpriseCarlosVIPDined on 12/5/2012Looks like a sports bar walking in (paints concrete floor, bar tv's) but food was a great surprise. Sautéed squash was best I've ever had in a restaurant! Mashed potatoes were thin but very tasty; short ribs were great. Wish I'd had room for desert. Wine bottles are half priced Monday thru Wednesday and while the wine list isn't long, there are good bargains to be had.Special Features:
- This was our first time here.luv2dineVIPDined on 11/12/2012This was our first time here. Our server was very friendly and engaged in conversation, answering the many questions I had about the place. The restaurant was neat and very clean. I had the grouper sandwich which was delicious. Prices were moderate. Definitely want to return in the near future!Special Features:
- Excellent atmosphere. BarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Excellent atmosphere. Bar area looked fun for happy hour. Service was fabulous and the appetizers yummy!Special Features:
- Very dark and NOISY thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/19/2012Very dark and NOISY there was no way to have a conversation and hear the other person. Food was acerage but over priced.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2012Food was outstanding. Great place to meet friends and socialize. Service was perfect mix of friendly and accomodating...we will be back.Special Features:
- A cross between fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2012A cross between fine dining and a sports bar. Casual but food is excellent. Many things on the menu we want to go back and try. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Zest!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2012yes, it's in a strip mall in Eagan, but this is some of the best food in town. Try the Zest Mojito. Everything here lives up to the name "Zest". Outstanding.Special Features:
- The host was warm and welcomingValleyDined on 9/14/2012The host was warm and welcoming and our server was very attentive. Our first time and nice to find a new place close to home.Special Features:
- Food ImpossibleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2012We started with the Brie curds with the berry dip. They were great and I could have drank a gallon of the berry dipping sauce. I ordered the Chicken Caprese sandwich with the fruit side. The sandwich was horrible. The chicken was awful. I could barely chew it; it was even difficult to cut with the serrated knife. The fruit was fresh, flavorful and yummy. My husband ordered the shaved beef sandwich with the french frie side. The sandwich was worse than my chicken. It was shaved fat and grizzle. He sent most of the meat back. The fries were good and served hot. We did not complain about our food secondary to being guests of another couple who raved about the restaurant; however, their previous experience there was appetizers/beer.
- The live music was good butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2012The live music was good but soooo loud and there's no where to escape it if all outside seating is full.
- Still a few kinks to workAmarie721VIPDined on 5/25/2012Still a few kinks to work out with the food (steak temps, overcooked meatballs) but the flavors were good, and we would try it again.Special Features:
- Appetizers and entrees wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Appetizers and entrees were great. Had a chipped glass with small pieces in my mouth was the only downer but did get the drink for free. Service was excellent and there was geniune concern for me, which I appreciated. I'm fine and enjoyed the meal. The others in our group liked their entres. I didnt care for the fries but another in our group liked them. Matter of what we all like isnt it?Special Features:
- Great Brunch (if you have the time)OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012We had a great time and enjoyed brunch out on the patio. They need to work out a few staffing kinks (french toast took 45 minutes to arrive and came out cold) but we plan to give them another chance. The food was delicious and we didn't have any plans afterward, so an hour and a half brunch wasn't the end of the world. We just ordered another round of mimosas!Special Features:
- Food was good - not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Food was good - not great - our server was very nice but the food was way to long in coming. I would not return - it was also very loud.
- I would not recommend thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2012I would not recommend this resturant. We dined there last Friday evening and were very dissappoointed with whole experience. The bar service was awful, I ordered a vodka Gimlet and was given vodka and some other mystery ingrediant. When I asked the bartender what it was she told me they didn't carry Rosie's Lime Juice and not to worry this was better anyway, she was incorrect. My wife had ordered a glass of wine which our server forgot to bring, finally delivered it after the third request. The food was downright medicore, two of us had the Jucy Lucy loosey and were not impressed. The restaurant has polished concrete floors and it is so loud you can hardly hear the people across the table from you. We gave it 4 thumbs down.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2012Excellent food and service. The apple bruschetta is a must!Special Features:
- Way too loud. The acousticsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/4/2012Way too loud. The acoustics made it hard to hear a normal conversation
- Food was good and they hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2012Food was good and they had a good selection of wine and beer on tap. Indoors at least (it was too cold to eat outside) it is quite loud even with a moderate crowd.
- Not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Service was fair. Waitress had too many tables. Order was pretty messed up.Special Features:
- Worst dining experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2012Restaurant is extremely noisy. Service is very slow. Waited an hour and still no food. Tables that had arrived after us were served before we were. Noticed a waiter eating food off the diners plates before serving them (in plain view of the owner).
- Not too bad!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/21/2012The black and blue burger was amazing...the bun was slightly sweet and just the right size. For once, the burger was cooked correctly. And the fries that came with it were wonderful. The apple goat cheese bruschetta was 'meh' although my husband enjoyed it. The steak bits were terribly bland, but they were tender. Noise level could be helped by better accoustics and the tables were placed too closely, but all in all, it was a nice evening. My wine was great and it's fun to be in the suburbs in a non-chain restaurant that works for families with young children, seniors, and middle-of-lifers. I'll go again.