320 East Sixth Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zerza.com/
- Phone: 2125298250x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Sunday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Radouane ElJaouhari
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can be booked for private dinners and events.
- Private Party Contact: Radouane 2125298250x
- Entertainment: Occasional Belly Dance shows.
A word from Zerza
Authentic Moroccan / Mediterranean Home Cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zerza reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- wonderfulnycsweetyDined on 8/16/2014The service was great. Very friendly. Loved the Moroccan iced tea. The food was very good - flavorful and authentic!Special Features:
- Wonderful Moroccan Home CookingNYCFoodieDined on 7/12/2014I ate at Zerza for the first time last weekend based on a friend's recommendation. The food was absolutely delicious. It's nothing trendy or fancy, just very good home style Mediterranean/Moroccan food. It's also a great value. The prices are extremely reasonable and the portions are ample. The decor is also pleasant. It's a wonderful relaxing neighborhood restaurant. You can actually have a conversation. The place was not loud at all. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. I definitely plan to go back, as I love this type of food. It's healthy and highly flavorful. I could not understand why the place was not busier on a Saturday night. They definitely deserve to do better. Highly recommended. I was puzzled thSpecial Features:
- quiet and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014This place was a perfect place for having good food with a group of friends. The servbers were friendly but a bit inattentive. The food was delicious, the restaurant was quiet at 9pm on a Saturday night, and the setting is cozy and richly decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rose624VIPDined on 5/7/2014This restaurant was excellent. The food was amazing and the service outstanding. I sat here with my brother for hours and we really enjoyed it. The olive tapenade and the Moroccan cigars are delicious. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great Morrocan in the East Village1968Dined on 5/3/2014Good, authentic Moroccan cuisine, including Tajines and Bastilla. Many plates are on the "too sweet" side (fruit, raisins, cinnamon) but one can avoid them. Quiet and rather moderate in price.Special Features:
- The following 56 reviews are from the Zerza reviews archive.
- THE FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/26/2014THE FOOD WAS GREAT WE ORDERED MANY ITEMS, WE WHERE JUST TWO WE ORDERED MANY DISHES THE FOOD TASTED TERRIFIC, BETTER THAN MOROCCAN IT TASTED LIKE PALESTINIAN BEFORE THE WAR WITH A MOROCCAN TOUCH WOW, WE WILL DEFIANTLY COME BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and good!elhuevonDined on 3/29/2014I am Moroccan and although we have good food, we generally have bad restaurants. Zerza is exception and made me proud: the lamb tagine meet falls off the bone and everything was high quality and easy to like. Excellent cuisine and well done! The grill serves only really well-done meat so keep that in mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Moroccan food, a real gemJcooperDined on 2/14/2014The valentine's day 4 course prix fixe, was excellent The harira was very fresh and aromatic, I could taste the freshly ground tomato, it was light, zesty and delicious. The meatball appetizer was beyond buttery and flavorful, I am not sure what the meatballs were prepared with but the sauce and their texture will have me going back for sure! Expertly prepared savory, slow cooked lamb with apricot tagine, one of the better dishes I have had this year. I give Zerza all it deserves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LauraWDined on 2/2/2014Delicious food- great choices for small plates as well as full meals. Attentive and friendly service- chicken tagine, meatballs and salads were fabulous- authentic Morrocan food! reasonably priced. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZerzagoodfoodsDined on 2/1/2014Very, very good food. Pleasant atmosphere and wait staff. Overall, a find.Special Features:
- Fantastic and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Zerza is a real East Village taste treasure. The lentil soup is delicious as well as chicken and lamb tagine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden GemRossi3369Dined on 12/30/2013I went with a group of 5. The food was wonderful, Service was good and the Ambiance was nice. They were 2 other groups there with 6-8 people, but it never got too loud for us to hear each other at our own table. We ordered appetizers, dinner and desserts. I would definitely go back, with a group of friends or just even on a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They seem to have a new chefBastilaDined on 12/27/2013It seems that since the last time we've been there (before they moved to their new location, quite some time ago), they have a new chef. It is a shame, as we used to like the food more, especially their special dish, the Bastila, which used to be outstanding and now only mediocre. The food is not bad, but but definitely not up to the previous standards.
- Such a great find!DebDinerDined on 12/24/2013We had such a wonderful time at Zerza! I am SO glad it was listed on Open Table. It was the highlight of our trip to New York. The place is so charming, the atmosphere is so cool. The food is outstanding, and so is the service. The lovely woman who took care of us was attentive, warm and friendly. It felt like we were hanging out at the home of really good, cool friends, who also happen to be fabulous cook. I can't wait to go back! Lovely, lovely place, and wonderful people running it. Thanks, Zerza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The labneh was dynamite!JohnFDined on 12/18/2013The appetizers were great and ranged from a simple tomato, cucumber and feta salad to labneh which is my favorite yogurt-based dish. For the main course I had the tajine of lamb shank and it was great but did not come in the tajine which was a bit of a letdown. Overall I enjoyed my 2nd time eating Moroccan and would def recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurant best foodmajordanDined on 12/14/2013my number one in New York I eat there many times and I'm always fully satisfy I will travel from montreal to new york just to eat at this great restaurant the service is outstanding the restaurant is very clean the food is fresh and of great quality is like eating at home everything is just perfectSpecial Features:
- Very good Moroccan food CozyFeedbackVIPDined on 11/16/2013Very good Moroccan food Cozy but nice Relaxed friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- The Bastilla, though!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2013The Chicken Bastilla is a fabulous dish. Such an incredible and unique blend of sweet and savory, warm spices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FindVicJDined on 10/4/2013I would have given the restaurant a 4.5 if the option had been available. Our dinners were thoroughly enjoyable. The lamb shanks and lamb tangine were first rate. One of our friends hadn't had bastilla in about ten years and was completely satisfied. The appetizers had great flavor. Service was polite, personable and efficient. Zerza has a warm and comfortable ambiance and would definitely recommend it for groups. Huge plus was that this is a gluten free friendly restaurant and three out of four at our table were gluten sensitive. Looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okMPBKDined on 9/28/2013The portions were small and none of the four diners were thrilled with their meals.
- The food was excellent. TheMelusineDined on 9/24/2013The food was excellent. The service was a little slow though even though, the restaurant was not crowded at all. It was only our table of 6 and another table of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The table and chairs wereRickDined on 8/17/2013The table and chairs were very uncomfortable, and the service was glacial, surprising since the restaurant was almost empty.
- Quiet weekday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2013At 8:45 on a Thursday night we found this place almost entirely empty; there was only one other party there. The food was tasty but not especially remarkable or memorable. Service was friendly. The atmosphere was very relaxed.
- No ambiance. Restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2013No ambiance. Restaurant was empty. Ac did not work and fod was not what i remembered it to be but ok
- Great surprise!!!RubyDined on 6/8/2013Much nicer room than it appeared in the online photo!! Great service and the food was so delicious. Loved the scallops and the appetizers. Made it to theater on time. Really nice place with a friendly staff. We could actually talk without shouting. I will go back for sure!!!!Special Features:
- delicious!foodiefamilleDined on 5/28/2013Everything we tried was scrumptious, from the appetizer to the main courses to dessert. The lamb and duck selections were fall off the bone tender and infused with complex, aromatic spices. Everyone at the table including my 7 y/o were very happy with their selections. The wine was affordable and tasty. Overall an excellent value meal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Moroccan FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/23/2013This is the place to go for authentic Moroccan dishes. Awesome hot tea that was served after dinner. Brings back memories of Marrakesh.Special Features:
- Moroccan AmbiancegadflyDined on 5/16/2013This is a great spot to reminisce and remember favorite Moroccan dishes like lamb or fish Tangine with mint tea chasers . It's also a good first stop for a "taste of Morocco". The ambiance is a blend of Moorish art decor with a Western touch along with soothing background music. The waiters are friendly, not pushy, help you with menu selection and the wine list. They serve with a smile. I highly recommend this delightful jewel for intimate romantic dinners and small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The little Moroccan gemKathrynDined on 5/10/2013Among all of the little Indian joints is zerza, a reasonable priced romantic place to dine with friends, family, or your honey. I liked the quaint atmosphere, but thought the food was just ok. The hummus lacked flavor but the prized cigar appetizer was overpowering and slightly overrated. My chicken dish was decent with unique spices and taste but it was a little to dark to tell what I was eating. On the plus that staff was super great, accommodating, and efficient. I really liked our waitress because she was so patient with us firsttimers. Overall, I would go back to experience the authentic and festive atmosphere but try something new.Special Features:
- disappointed foodieTroyVIPDined on 4/26/2013Slow service, unresponsive waiter for water and bringing us food. she was quick bringing us the check.
- Great great meal !!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2013Zerza is a fantastic place to eat! The appetizers were great : I tried the Spicy shrimps, cigars and mezze plate and each bite transported me to nirvana. The best was my lamb couscous ! The meat was so tender and fell off the bone with minimal effort as many described and the vegetables were very tasty. To finish, try the flourless chocolate cake : sooooo good! Did I mention the great ambiance and attentive service ? I wish I lived upstairs so i can eat here every day! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- I was disappointed by theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013I was disappointed by the fact that they played the Beatles and other rock music instead of oriental music, it's a Moroccan restaurant !!! The food was tasteless and the servings way to big and not nicely presented. The only thing which was really good was their Moroccan mint tea.
- The food is delicious. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The food is delicious. It offers a unique blend of ingredients the differs from Caribbean food. As a Trinidadian-American, it is a delight to taste Moroccan dishes. The ambiance is romantic.Special Features:
- This place is fantastic. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/23/2013This place is fantastic. The harissa soup is really a must. Would suggest you book especially on a weekend. They unfortunately had to turn people away. Went on a saturday night for a birthday and they had a belly dancer. Excellent! Second time there and plan to return.Special Features:
- Most dishes very good, a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/16/2013Most dishes very good, a few disappointing. Extremely gracious and accommodating serviceSpecial Features:
- By far one of the best placesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/23/2013By far one of the best places for Moroccan food I've found in Manhattan. Very flavorful and well-prepared aromatic dishes, that are as good as those I've enjoyed in travels to Morocco and Paris over the years. The staff are welcoming and attentive. A few months ago, Zerza moved a few doors down from where it had been for many years. This was our first visit to the new space, which is more airy and stylish than the old one, while still retaining an appealing character. Overall excellent dining experience, and a really good value for the quality and the modest prices.Special Features:
- Charming, welcoming restaurantBoswellVIPDined on 2/23/2013Charming, welcoming restaurant with staff who go out of their way to make visit pleasant
- We were a group of 4 thatShirlVIPDined on 2/16/2013We were a group of 4 that was warmly welcomed from the moment we arrived. The service was outstanding....the staff was extremely attentive, accommodating and aimed to please. The food was fresh, delicious and abundant. We would all go back and all would recommend Zerza.Special Features:
- Nice Moroccan ambianceStSimonDined on 2/15/2013Cute place. Probably could use a few rugs here and there and a bunch of Moroccan inspired decorative accessories to enhance the ambiance. Staff were very friendly and attentive. My husband and I ordered the chicken and cod tagine for our entrees and the babaganoush appetizer. All were good but they had to substitute salmon since they were out of cod. The fig ice cream was fabulous! Great place for a casual but romantic dinner. Will go back again next time we want some Moroccan food.Special Features:
- Great little place. Good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great little place. Good food. Belly dancer on the night we were there.Special Features: