826 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zerozerosf.com/
- Phone: 4153488800
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am-10pm Everyday (‘til 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays)
Kitchen is closed Monday-Friday from 2:30pm-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bruce Hill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us directly for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Gerasomovich 4153488800
A word from Zero Zero
Zero Zero opened in 2010 inspired by Chef Bruce Hill’s dedication to farm driven ingredients, combined with his love for wood-fired pizzas that have been nicknamed “Calipolitan”. Michael Bauer of the San Francisco Chronicle named us the French Laundry of upscale pizza, and the readers of 7x7 Magazine voted us “Best Pizza in San Francisco”. In addition to pizza, our menu showcases housemade pastas, a variety of market-fresh appetizers, and artisan soft serve. We also have two big time bars with a selection of seasonal house cocktails, beers, and 12 wines on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zero Zero reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (82)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (48)vibrant bar scene (42)great for lunch (36)special occasion (26)late-night find (20)great for brunch (19)romantic (18)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (10)scenic view (1)Show More
- ZZ was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Pizza was good (but the crust was a little too charred on one of ours). Cocktails were so good we forgot to order wine. We were very happy with our server... friendly, unpretentious, and fun to talk to. Classy interior. We will be back for more pizza.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Drinks were great, entre was delicious and the dessert option for soft serve - AMAZING!Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACEWawaDined on 10/12/2014I send everyone I know here and they all become huge fans. Delish! Hands down my favorite place to eat and I drive 45 minutes to go!Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousgdeadmanDined on 10/12/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in the City. The Pizza is among the best available and the pastas are simple sumptuous. The rigatoni with duck breast and pancetta was lovely. The riccota donuts with soft serve ice cream and toppings was insanely good. The only thing that would have made the meal better would have been for the pasta and pizza not to be served together, but that was our fault for not specifying the order of service we preferred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!PadreVIPDined on 10/8/2014The service, food, and restaurant were spot on!!! I enjoyed my margarita pizza, alvocado and spicy salami, and of course the tuna and fennel cake. Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChelseaChelseaDined on 9/29/2014This is not just a pizza place, it is an outstanding Italian restaurant! Everything from the appetizers to the soft serve dessert was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try!foodvicDined on 9/28/2014The food is worth the wait time, so don't give up if diners are lingering and your table isn't available. A hungry party of 3, we tried the rice balls the bartender recommended, a tomato soup, a special menu pizza, a pasta and corn dish, an on-menu pizza and salad, and a dessert. Each item as amazing as the next, with multi-levels of favor in each dish. This is a place to appreciate food flavors, so try not to mess with what the chef has carefully designed, you won't be sorry! The waiter was very friendly, fast and right on with his recommendations. After dining here, it's going to be hard to pay for mediocre food at other places. (and as a diner if you tend to linger, realize others are waiting and the staff suffers.)Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Love Zero Zero! The short rib pasta was life changing and the pork belly appetizer is a true winner! Keep it up! The main host at the door on Saturday 09/27 was the best! She is a keeper! Great personality and humor!Special Features:
- Another satisfying mealpetermeVIPDined on 9/25/2014ZERO ZERO is becoming a go-to for when I have friends in from out of town. It's got a distinctly San Francisco flavor without being affected. We started with fried chicken thighs, which were quite good. I got the pork belly entree, which was pretty good, but the belly was a little too dry. The clam and garlic pizza was a big winner. But, by far the best dish was the pistachio panna cotta in the dessert course. There's a pastry chef at work here who knows what they are doing. In terms of ambiance, my only objection is that it's a bit loud, exacerbated by speakers placed above every table along the wall we were sitting at.Special Features:
- GeorgegeorgeVIPDined on 9/19/2014It was my umpteenth visit to Zero-Zero. I've liked it every time. This visit was no different from the others. The pasta dish (handbags, for literal translation) were quite good. My friend had the pasta with duck, which he enjoyed very much. I had soup and it was delicious. He had "raw" salmon (lime juice, don't worry). We shared a panna cotta, which was lovely. Anyway, it was expensive -- there were a couple of drinks involved --- but it didn't matter. We had a lovely visit and experienceSpecial Features:
- Great pizzafoodyDined on 9/14/2014The food is good. Pizza was really good. The portion size for the salad is small for the price. However, the sundae for desert is a great idea. The price for the restaurant is slightly high. It would be better to be a few dollars less.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceShippysaysDined on 9/11/2014We had a group of 8 and sat at this cool, half moon table in the middle of everything, in-between the bar & the kitchen. Our server was on it - she was good, food was phenomenal (they had GF options for me). Great wine & cocktail selection. I tried the ham plate, cauliflower & kale chips and duck pasta. For dessert I got Ice Cream drizzled with what tasted like homemade carmel & fresh warm peaches. It was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseMomsMumblyDined on 9/9/2014Was looking for something around the Old Mint (5th & Mission). Had never heard of Zero Zero, but it's name came up on several sites. I loved it. The pasta dishes were very good and the pizzas looked even better. The Arancini were delicious. Lively, but the upstairs tables are far enough apart that you can have a conversation. Interesting wine list, with a lot of options (i/2 liters, wines on tap). Part of the Real Restaurants (Fog City Diner, Buckeye, Tra Vigne, etc.) group. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very good foodZpunkyDined on 9/8/2014Went there with a group of people from work for a team member birthday. I got reservations for 6 that morning. The menu is very interesting, and the food, I thought, was surprisingly good given the descriptions... I let the co-workers order. The only issue was our server was absent for extended periods; I think this had to do more with understaffing than her work.Special Features:
- Great lunchBaccaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Fun place, great food. There is a peculiar hand up about not having catsup. Now, if one sells fries, it is reasonable to be able to ask for catsup. Unreasonable snobbiness in a casual place. Other than that, place is great.
- ZERO ZERO was SO SOakfrenchDined on 9/4/2014Food was ok but nothing special, even too greasy (especially the pasta), prices quite expensive But the worst was the noise. Impossible to hear what my friend was telling....... to be recommended for groups only , not for a romantic dinerSpecial Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I travel to San Francisco fairly often and have had the pleasure of eating here with groups on 3 occasions. The pizza is fantastic, the bar selection is great (especially for bourbon,) and the service is always phenomenal. If you haven't been here, I'd highly recommend going, then go again.Special Features:
- PIZZA JoyWorldDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Love this place - the pizza is GREAT, enjoyed a very lengthy bike tour of SF and popped over here to enjoy the thin crust pizza. Perfect sauce, meats / cheeses, veggies. Caesar was excellent, menu is really great, but i never look past the pizza options. Have always had great food here. Only bummer was our server forgot my beer, but the pizza more than made up for this. Check out ZERO ZERO, u will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerJanButlerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been to Zero Zero several times and always happy to be back. As always our meal was excellent. We shared a Caesar salad - a little different take on it than just the traditional version - and shared the shredded duck pasta. Delicious! We finished our dinner with the soft serve ice cream with choices of toppings! All in all an excellent meal. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good for relaxed diningmofoDined on 8/21/2014The decor is sophisticated urban, the food is very good with interesting selections as well as a variety of sizes for different appetites. We had some great appetizers and a pizza. The wait staff is laid back, service was attentive and friendly. The place gets quite noisy, both downstairs and upstairs, which is disappointing because the upstairs could be quite romantic if better insulated. Would definitely go again and have fond memories of a really nice dinner with my fella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faboulous PizzadidmarioDined on 8/17/2014We order the ham platea and it was fantastic. Then we had the think crust pizza. I personally had the Columbus which was spectacularly tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch findLoveRfoodDined on 8/17/2014Found this on Open Table and thought it would meet our need as our first stop on our family trip to SF. Restaurant exceeded our expectations in all areas. Food was unusual and delicious. Waiter was extremely attentive and made great suggestions. Started our vacation on the right note!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SevillachicaDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I ordered the arugula salad which was fabulous. We also had the Fillmore pizza which was filled with cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza but very loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014My husband and I shared an excellent salad. They are huge and meant for sharing. The tables are very close and it is quite noisy making conversation difficult. Our pizza was wonderful. It is a very popular restaurant so make sure you make a reservation.
- Outstanding!SFMamaDined on 8/7/2014My 11-year-old daughter and I split the arugula salad and pizza Margherita and it was so delicious that we practically licked the plates clean. Nice ambience and outstanding service. We had just returned from a family trip on the east coast, eating out for every meal even at some upscale restaurants, and the service at Zero Zero was, by comparison, SO much better. Even my daughter commented on the things they did differently at Zero Zero. Very attentive, timely service. The dessert menu is fun with a check-list to build your own sundae. I loved all the farmers' market type of ingredients. The olive oil cake with pluots was out of this world.Special Features:
- Nice brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2014Didn't really think of Zero Zero as a brunch place but had a delicious meal. Server was really nice and very attentive. Prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- always get the french toast!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a great time catching up with friends over brunch. The service was quick and accommodating. We shared a starter, salad and two entrees; plenty of food for a party of three. My favorite dish was the deep fried french toast with stone fruit preserve topped with some of the best butter ever made. We also enjoyed the arancini, chicken and waffles, and smoked trout salad. Will definitely return to try other menu options -- the pizzas looked delicious!Special Features:
- Really Under ratedUnderNoticedDined on 8/2/2014What delicious food every time and I am upset at myself for forgetting. Understated in its location, but really the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!WillGDined on 7/29/2014Zero Zero hits all the right notes for a great downtown restaurant - delicious Italian apps, pastas and pizzas, plus quality cocktails and wine. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zero a TenplayswithfoodDined on 7/29/2014We met my son and his gf here for lunch as they had been raving about ZZ. The food was fantastic! We started with Risotto Cheese nom noms (Taleggio Stuffed Arancini) with little greens and Black Garlic Aioli, and Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs topped with cheese shavings. I loved the Caraway Yogurt with the chicken. Some of us duplicated with a Fried Chicken Thigh Sandwich (1 could feed 4), while others got the Pork Belly with egg and greens -- delicious and beautiful. We also shared a Margherita Pizza that was light, fresh and flavorful. Service was top notch, friendly and super helpful with menu suggestions. Advice: leave room for dessert. You can't beat Strauss Creamery for their soft-serve and the toppings were amazing. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Food & Service but LOUDMmmmmmgoodVIPDined on 7/28/2014Sure wish so much that the volume was a tad lower - I'd eat here much more often. As it was, we were shouting to hear each other during dinner and it took some of the fun out of what would have been an otherwise awesome dining experience. The food is terrific and inventive, service fantastic.
- Creative and yummyRobinVIPDined on 7/21/2014Excellent service. At the moment, the construction on 4th means walking here took a small detour, but definitely worth it. We brought home a frozen pizza which we look forward to trying.Special Features:
- Pizza PizzaFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Best pizza in San Francisco. Best soft serve ice cream. Third best pasta. Service is a toss up depending on who you get. This round, we got an amazing server and it made our experience so much better. My last visit, the food had to save the day and get me back, service was very poor.Special Features:
- Great spot with easy valet parkingNorthBeachVetVIPDined on 7/10/2014Outstanding food, service. Had to use all my restraint not to order a second pizza. Noisy, but you can catch about 60% of the conversation, which leaves plenty of time for your mind to wander.Special Features:
- SoMa Gem1breakfastloverDined on 7/6/2014Great introduction to SoMa dining at Zero Zero. Arugula and strawberry salad tasted just picked and Market pizza sported fresh, tasty vegetables too. Love the wines on tap (very drinkable). Attentive, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Winner!SFnestDined on 6/30/2014This restaurant hits every mark for our family! Always welcoming, fabulous service, excellent food, great cocktails!Special Features:
- Great food!misslacie82Dined on 6/26/2014The food was great!!! We had the margherita pizza, Cesar salad and soft serve vanilla with the olive oil and salt with the brownie! Yum!!! The way you order deserts is so cool!!! Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- total scenelauraVIPDined on 6/26/2014The food was very good. It may have been our fault, but we didn't tell the waitress we were going to the Giants game. Anyway, they spaced out the food so much that we needed to leave before our pizza arrived. We ended up having it boxed up to go. Net, plan on allowing lots of time. The food is worth it, though.
- Great food, loud venueshaunbrightDined on 6/23/2014My parents were visiting, so I took them out to dinner at this fine Italian restaurant. It was a little cramped and very loud, but the food was great. The waiter recommended "family style," ordering two appetizers, an entree, and a pizza, all to share. Everything was great, and that was just enough for all three of us to be full. We had a bit of a hard time hearing each other, though.Special Features:
- Too much noisePattyVIPDined on 6/22/2014We love the pizza at Zero Zero, but increasingly find the upstairs tables uncomfortable. Even though I requested to be downstairs, we were seated upstairs. The 2 ladies next to us were loud but eating dessert. Unfortunately their dessert lasted as long as our pizza. The couple on the other side were inaudible. We ate quickly and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 937 reviews are from the Zero Zero reviews archive.