826 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zerozerosf.com/
- Phone: (415) 348-8800
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am-10pm Everyday (‘til 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays)
Kitchen is closed Monday-Friday from 2:30pm-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bruce Hill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us directly for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Gerasomovich 4153488800
A word from Zero Zero
Zero Zero opened in 2010 inspired by Chef Bruce Hill’s dedication to farm driven ingredients, combined with his love for wood-fired pizzas that have been nicknamed “Calipolitan”. Michael Bauer of the San Francisco Chronicle named us the French Laundry of upscale pizza, and the readers of 7x7 Magazine voted us “Best Pizza in San Francisco”. In addition to pizza, our menu showcases housemade pastas, a variety of market-fresh appetizers, and artisan soft serve. We also have two big time bars with a selection of seasonal house cocktails, beers, and 12 wines on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zero Zero reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (88)good for groups (69)neighborhood gem (58)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (47)great for lunch (38)special occasion (27)late-night find (22)great for brunch (19)romantic (19)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (13)Show More
- Slow servicelive4foodVIPDined on 11/24/2014Service is very slow. Not a place to go when pressed for time. Food is always good, although the pizza crust could be crisper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014I've been here many times with family and my boyfriend. We all love this place, the food is excellent and always fresh. I've never been disappointed in anyway. The service is always great and the restaurant itself is beautiful. I'd recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking alert--no valet!GaryDined on 11/22/2014They have discontinued their valet service and the closest parking garage is 5 blocks away. Very busy streets make for impossible-to-find street parking. Food is good, but we won't be back until this is corrected. It takes an additional 20-30 minutes before and after dining to deal with your car. This requires extra time in your schedule if you have plans after dinner. The best pizza in the world isn't worth this hassle.Special Features:
- Wonderful, interesting food, but...skyvverDined on 11/13/2014You go to a restaurant for the food, correct? If that were all that I was basing this review upon, I would rate Zero Zero as exceptional. However the two times(Thursdays @ 5:30) that we have dined at this restaurant before the theater, our meal has been interrupted by very noisy tables around us. The seating is crowded and it was very loud to the point of distraction. That said, the food is delightful, unusual, and very tasty. The service is excellent, friendly, and prompt. Just be prepared...Zero Zero is NOT an intimate dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, always packedVHung08VIPDined on 11/12/2014I love coming here when I want to catch up with friends over a good meal. The pizzas are good and their appetizer chicken thigh is amazing. The one thing that baffles me is every time I get something boxed up to go, the server always forgets to bring it back to us. I get that they're busy, but what do they do with the food after boxing it? I wanted to take that home!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good thin crust pizza and nice server.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/12/2014We thought the thin crust pizza was very tasty and the salads were also very good. Our server, who was tripling as a bar tender/bar back/server in the lounge, was great and attentive. My trouble is with the 'bar scene.' It's a nice bar...I used to go there when it was Azie. But the martinis are teeny tiny and pricey. The restaurant doesn't offer a happy hour presumably because they want to promote the image of a more upscale dining experience but the place doesn't have that feel. It feels neighborhood-casual. One of my martinis had what looked like a half-chewed olive but I overlooked that. What bummed me out was when the drink came it was about half-full. I felt kinda ripped off, but it's my fault for not mentioned it. Stick with the wines on tap, at least you get a good pour. Anyway, I don't feel like this is a destination restaurant but fine if your are in the neighborhood and feel like some tasty pizza!
- Dalat54VIPDined on 11/11/2014the place is a little too dark to read the menu. Other than that, it's a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service, ambiance - first classSuseeDined on 11/9/2014Zero Zero is one of those spots you can always count on to deliver a perfect dining experience. Delicious food at reasonable prices, friendly and timely service, and excellent music to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodiNSOMNiACVIPDined on 11/7/2014Slow cooked pork belly is devine. Pizza was cooked to perfection. Ambience can be romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PTJPTJVIPDined on 11/6/2014The Italian cuisine here is somewhat innovative and it's done quite well. I had arancini to start. They were generously portioned and good. The ravioli entree was equally good. Service was a bit spotty. I would recommend it, but given the number of excellent restaurants in the city, I'm not sure I'd rush back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014After several years of eating here, it's still very satisfying. I like that they've kept much of their menu intact for a long time, since it has so many excellent standard items, including the chicken thighs and the Caesar salad, and of course the build-your-own sundae, which you should definitely save room for. Tasty Italian food in generous portions, with attentive service. It's always bustling and can get a little loud, depending on where you're sitting, but it's always worth eating here.
- Second timedrpieVIPDined on 10/29/2014Second time here and on my return trip I was not disappointed !Special Features:
- Great pizzaecthompsonDined on 10/29/2014This isn't your average pizza place. Great atmosphere. Tasty, original pizza combinations. Solid service. Good prices. Worth the price. I enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains one of our favoritesChortlesVIPDined on 10/26/2014The food at Zero zero is spectacular - it keeps us coming back again and again. From brunch to dinner, cocktails to on-tap wine - they're fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014staff was pretentious and less than accommodating. i won't return or recommend to my friends.
- First time was a charmTheZmanVIPDined on 10/21/2014We visited friends in SF and they recommended we try Zero Zero. It was great. Got there early and Scott at the bar made us some delicious cocktails. Once seated, we were served by Rana who helped us pick from the many dishes we wanted to try. Starters of fried chicken thighs and brussel sprouts with pancetta were superb. And the pastas were as good as you would find in any Italian restaurants (and this is in San Francisco which is full of them!). We shared several pizzas and desserts which kept the quality culinary ball rolling. Delightful food. The wine list was very approachable and we tried a couple of the mid-priced napa cab sauvs. Whenever our next SF trip comes about, Zero Zero will be one of the restaurants on our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another good dinner at Zero ZeroPorcuspinoVIPDined on 10/19/2014We eat here about 4 times/year with our 2 children. The pizzas were good as usual, and the Roman Dumpling appetizer and Rigatoni with Duck was outstanding as well. My only complaint is that the music has been too loud the past 2 visits and seems louder than in the past.Special Features:
- Not up to the hypeMmmgoodDined on 10/19/2014Went here to try the pizza. The Columbus pizza was not impressive--did not have the Neapolitan style crunchy bottom. In fact the pizza seemed a bit undercooked because the inside was a little chewy and difficult to cut. Service was nice, though.Special Features:
- ZZ was greatBagman011Dined on 10/18/2014Pizza was good (but the crust was a little too charred on one of ours). Cocktails were so good we forgot to order wine. We were very happy with our server... friendly, unpretentious, and fun to talk to. Classy interior. We will be back for more pizza.Special Features:
- LisaDined on 10/16/2014Drinks were great, entre was delicious and the dessert option for soft serve - AMAZING!Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACEWawaDined on 10/12/2014I send everyone I know here and they all become huge fans. Delish! Hands down my favorite place to eat and I drive 45 minutes to go!Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousgdeadmanDined on 10/12/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in the City. The Pizza is among the best available and the pastas are simple sumptuous. The rigatoni with duck breast and pancetta was lovely. The riccota donuts with soft serve ice cream and toppings was insanely good. The only thing that would have made the meal better would have been for the pasta and pizza not to be served together, but that was our fault for not specifying the order of service we preferred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!PadreVIPDined on 10/8/2014The service, food, and restaurant were spot on!!! I enjoyed my margarita pizza, alvocado and spicy salami, and of course the tuna and fennel cake. Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChelseaChelseaDined on 9/29/2014This is not just a pizza place, it is an outstanding Italian restaurant! Everything from the appetizers to the soft serve dessert was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try!foodvicDined on 9/28/2014The food is worth the wait time, so don't give up if diners are lingering and your table isn't available. A hungry party of 3, we tried the rice balls the bartender recommended, a tomato soup, a special menu pizza, a pasta and corn dish, an on-menu pizza and salad, and a dessert. Each item as amazing as the next, with multi-levels of favor in each dish. This is a place to appreciate food flavors, so try not to mess with what the chef has carefully designed, you won't be sorry! The waiter was very friendly, fast and right on with his recommendations. After dining here, it's going to be hard to pay for mediocre food at other places. (and as a diner if you tend to linger, realize others are waiting and the staff suffers.)Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Love Zero Zero! The short rib pasta was life changing and the pork belly appetizer is a true winner! Keep it up! The main host at the door on Saturday 09/27 was the best! She is a keeper! Great personality and humor!Special Features:
- Another satisfying mealpetermeVIPDined on 9/25/2014ZERO ZERO is becoming a go-to for when I have friends in from out of town. It's got a distinctly San Francisco flavor without being affected. We started with fried chicken thighs, which were quite good. I got the pork belly entree, which was pretty good, but the belly was a little too dry. The clam and garlic pizza was a big winner. But, by far the best dish was the pistachio panna cotta in the dessert course. There's a pastry chef at work here who knows what they are doing. In terms of ambiance, my only objection is that it's a bit loud, exacerbated by speakers placed above every table along the wall we were sitting at.Special Features:
- GeorgegeorgeVIPDined on 9/19/2014It was my umpteenth visit to Zero-Zero. I've liked it every time. This visit was no different from the others. The pasta dish (handbags, for literal translation) were quite good. My friend had the pasta with duck, which he enjoyed very much. I had soup and it was delicious. He had "raw" salmon (lime juice, don't worry). We shared a panna cotta, which was lovely. Anyway, it was expensive -- there were a couple of drinks involved --- but it didn't matter. We had a lovely visit and experienceSpecial Features:
- Great pizzafoodyDined on 9/14/2014The food is good. Pizza was really good. The portion size for the salad is small for the price. However, the sundae for desert is a great idea. The price for the restaurant is slightly high. It would be better to be a few dollars less.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceShippysaysDined on 9/11/2014We had a group of 8 and sat at this cool, half moon table in the middle of everything, in-between the bar & the kitchen. Our server was on it - she was good, food was phenomenal (they had GF options for me). Great wine & cocktail selection. I tried the ham plate, cauliflower & kale chips and duck pasta. For dessert I got Ice Cream drizzled with what tasted like homemade carmel & fresh warm peaches. It was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseMomsMumblyDined on 9/9/2014Was looking for something around the Old Mint (5th & Mission). Had never heard of Zero Zero, but it's name came up on several sites. I loved it. The pasta dishes were very good and the pizzas looked even better. The Arancini were delicious. Lively, but the upstairs tables are far enough apart that you can have a conversation. Interesting wine list, with a lot of options (i/2 liters, wines on tap). Part of the Real Restaurants (Fog City Diner, Buckeye, Tra Vigne, etc.) group. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very good foodZpunkyDined on 9/8/2014Went there with a group of people from work for a team member birthday. I got reservations for 6 that morning. The menu is very interesting, and the food, I thought, was surprisingly good given the descriptions... I let the co-workers order. The only issue was our server was absent for extended periods; I think this had to do more with understaffing than her work.Special Features:
- Great lunchBaccaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Fun place, great food. There is a peculiar hand up about not having catsup. Now, if one sells fries, it is reasonable to be able to ask for catsup. Unreasonable snobbiness in a casual place. Other than that, place is great.
- ZERO ZERO was SO SOakfrenchDined on 9/4/2014Food was ok but nothing special, even too greasy (especially the pasta), prices quite expensive But the worst was the noise. Impossible to hear what my friend was telling....... to be recommended for groups only , not for a romantic dinerSpecial Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I travel to San Francisco fairly often and have had the pleasure of eating here with groups on 3 occasions. The pizza is fantastic, the bar selection is great (especially for bourbon,) and the service is always phenomenal. If you haven't been here, I'd highly recommend going, then go again.Special Features:
- PIZZA JoyWorldDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Love this place - the pizza is GREAT, enjoyed a very lengthy bike tour of SF and popped over here to enjoy the thin crust pizza. Perfect sauce, meats / cheeses, veggies. Caesar was excellent, menu is really great, but i never look past the pizza options. Have always had great food here. Only bummer was our server forgot my beer, but the pizza more than made up for this. Check out ZERO ZERO, u will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerJanButlerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been to Zero Zero several times and always happy to be back. As always our meal was excellent. We shared a Caesar salad - a little different take on it than just the traditional version - and shared the shredded duck pasta. Delicious! We finished our dinner with the soft serve ice cream with choices of toppings! All in all an excellent meal. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good for relaxed diningmofoDined on 8/21/2014The decor is sophisticated urban, the food is very good with interesting selections as well as a variety of sizes for different appetites. We had some great appetizers and a pizza. The wait staff is laid back, service was attentive and friendly. The place gets quite noisy, both downstairs and upstairs, which is disappointing because the upstairs could be quite romantic if better insulated. Would definitely go again and have fond memories of a really nice dinner with my fella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faboulous PizzadidmarioDined on 8/17/2014We order the ham platea and it was fantastic. Then we had the think crust pizza. I personally had the Columbus which was spectacularly tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch findLoveRfoodDined on 8/17/2014Found this on Open Table and thought it would meet our need as our first stop on our family trip to SF. Restaurant exceeded our expectations in all areas. Food was unusual and delicious. Waiter was extremely attentive and made great suggestions. Started our vacation on the right note!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.