826 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zerozerosf.com/
- Phone: 4153488800
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am-10pm Everyday (‘til 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays)
Kitchen is closed Monday-Friday from 2:30pm-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bruce Hill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us directly for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Gerasomovich 4153488800
A word from Zero Zero
Zero Zero opened in 2010 inspired by Chef Bruce Hill’s dedication to farm driven ingredients, combined with his love for wood-fired pizzas that have been nicknamed “Calipolitan”. Michael Bauer of the San Francisco Chronicle named us the French Laundry of upscale pizza, and the readers of 7x7 Magazine voted us “Best Pizza in San Francisco”. In addition to pizza, our menu showcases housemade pastas, a variety of market-fresh appetizers, and artisan soft serve. We also have two big time bars with a selection of seasonal house cocktails, beers, and 12 wines on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zero Zero reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (87)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (53)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (36)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (23)special occasion (21)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (17)romantic (14)notable wine list (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great pizzafoodyDined on 9/14/2014The food is good. Pizza was really good. The portion size for the salad is small for the price. However, the sundae for desert is a great idea. The price for the restaurant is slightly high. It would be better to be a few dollars less.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceShippysaysDined on 9/11/2014We had a group of 8 and sat at this cool, half moon table in the middle of everything, in-between the bar & the kitchen. Our server was on it - she was good, food was phenomenal (they had GF options for me). Great wine & cocktail selection. I tried the ham plate, cauliflower & kale chips and duck pasta. For dessert I got Ice Cream drizzled with what tasted like homemade carmel & fresh warm peaches. It was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseMomsMumblyDined on 9/9/2014Was looking for something around the Old Mint (5th & Mission). Had never heard of Zero Zero, but it's name came up on several sites. I loved it. The pasta dishes were very good and the pizzas looked even better. The Arancini were delicious. Lively, but the upstairs tables are far enough apart that you can have a conversation. Interesting wine list, with a lot of options (i/2 liters, wines on tap). Part of the Real Restaurants (Fog City Diner, Buckeye, Tra Vigne, etc.) group. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very good foodZpunkyDined on 9/8/2014Went there with a group of people from work for a team member birthday. I got reservations for 6 that morning. The menu is very interesting, and the food, I thought, was surprisingly good given the descriptions... I let the co-workers order. The only issue was our server was absent for extended periods; I think this had to do more with understaffing than her work.Special Features:
- Great lunchBaccaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Fun place, great food. There is a peculiar hand up about not having catsup. Now, if one sells fries, it is reasonable to be able to ask for catsup. Unreasonable snobbiness in a casual place. Other than that, place is great.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I travel to San Francisco fairly often and have had the pleasure of eating here with groups on 3 occasions. The pizza is fantastic, the bar selection is great (especially for bourbon,) and the service is always phenomenal. If you haven't been here, I'd highly recommend going, then go again.Special Features:
- PIZZA JoyWorldDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Love this place - the pizza is GREAT, enjoyed a very lengthy bike tour of SF and popped over here to enjoy the thin crust pizza. Perfect sauce, meats / cheeses, veggies. Caesar was excellent, menu is really great, but i never look past the pizza options. Have always had great food here. Only bummer was our server forgot my beer, but the pizza more than made up for this. Check out ZERO ZERO, u will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerJanButlerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been to Zero Zero several times and always happy to be back. As always our meal was excellent. We shared a Caesar salad - a little different take on it than just the traditional version - and shared the shredded duck pasta. Delicious! We finished our dinner with the soft serve ice cream with choices of toppings! All in all an excellent meal. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good for relaxed diningmofoDined on 8/21/2014The decor is sophisticated urban, the food is very good with interesting selections as well as a variety of sizes for different appetites. We had some great appetizers and a pizza. The wait staff is laid back, service was attentive and friendly. The place gets quite noisy, both downstairs and upstairs, which is disappointing because the upstairs could be quite romantic if better insulated. Would definitely go again and have fond memories of a really nice dinner with my fella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faboulous PizzadidmarioDined on 8/17/2014We order the ham platea and it was fantastic. Then we had the think crust pizza. I personally had the Columbus which was spectacularly tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch findLoveRfoodDined on 8/17/2014Found this on Open Table and thought it would meet our need as our first stop on our family trip to SF. Restaurant exceeded our expectations in all areas. Food was unusual and delicious. Waiter was extremely attentive and made great suggestions. Started our vacation on the right note!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SevillachicaDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I ordered the arugula salad which was fabulous. We also had the Fillmore pizza which was filled with cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza but very loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014My husband and I shared an excellent salad. They are huge and meant for sharing. The tables are very close and it is quite noisy making conversation difficult. Our pizza was wonderful. It is a very popular restaurant so make sure you make a reservation.
- Outstanding!SFMamaDined on 8/7/2014My 11-year-old daughter and I split the arugula salad and pizza Margherita and it was so delicious that we practically licked the plates clean. Nice ambience and outstanding service. We had just returned from a family trip on the east coast, eating out for every meal even at some upscale restaurants, and the service at Zero Zero was, by comparison, SO much better. Even my daughter commented on the things they did differently at Zero Zero. Very attentive, timely service. The dessert menu is fun with a check-list to build your own sundae. I loved all the farmers' market type of ingredients. The olive oil cake with pluots was out of this world.Special Features:
- Nice brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2014Didn't really think of Zero Zero as a brunch place but had a delicious meal. Server was really nice and very attentive. Prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- always get the french toast!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a great time catching up with friends over brunch. The service was quick and accommodating. We shared a starter, salad and two entrees; plenty of food for a party of three. My favorite dish was the deep fried french toast with stone fruit preserve topped with some of the best butter ever made. We also enjoyed the arancini, chicken and waffles, and smoked trout salad. Will definitely return to try other menu options -- the pizzas looked delicious!Special Features:
- Really Under ratedUnderNoticedDined on 8/2/2014What delicious food every time and I am upset at myself for forgetting. Understated in its location, but really the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!WillGDined on 7/29/2014Zero Zero hits all the right notes for a great downtown restaurant - delicious Italian apps, pastas and pizzas, plus quality cocktails and wine. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zero a TenplayswithfoodDined on 7/29/2014We met my son and his gf here for lunch as they had been raving about ZZ. The food was fantastic! We started with Risotto Cheese nom noms (Taleggio Stuffed Arancini) with little greens and Black Garlic Aioli, and Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs topped with cheese shavings. I loved the Caraway Yogurt with the chicken. Some of us duplicated with a Fried Chicken Thigh Sandwich (1 could feed 4), while others got the Pork Belly with egg and greens -- delicious and beautiful. We also shared a Margherita Pizza that was light, fresh and flavorful. Service was top notch, friendly and super helpful with menu suggestions. Advice: leave room for dessert. You can't beat Strauss Creamery for their soft-serve and the toppings were amazing. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Food & Service but LOUDMmmmmmgoodVIPDined on 7/28/2014Sure wish so much that the volume was a tad lower - I'd eat here much more often. As it was, we were shouting to hear each other during dinner and it took some of the fun out of what would have been an otherwise awesome dining experience. The food is terrific and inventive, service fantastic.
- Creative and yummyRobinVIPDined on 7/21/2014Excellent service. At the moment, the construction on 4th means walking here took a small detour, but definitely worth it. We brought home a frozen pizza which we look forward to trying.Special Features:
- Pizza PizzaFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Best pizza in San Francisco. Best soft serve ice cream. Third best pasta. Service is a toss up depending on who you get. This round, we got an amazing server and it made our experience so much better. My last visit, the food had to save the day and get me back, service was very poor.Special Features:
- Great spot with easy valet parkingNorthBeachVetVIPDined on 7/10/2014Outstanding food, service. Had to use all my restraint not to order a second pizza. Noisy, but you can catch about 60% of the conversation, which leaves plenty of time for your mind to wander.Special Features:
- SoMa Gem1breakfastloverDined on 7/6/2014Great introduction to SoMa dining at Zero Zero. Arugula and strawberry salad tasted just picked and Market pizza sported fresh, tasty vegetables too. Love the wines on tap (very drinkable). Attentive, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Winner!SFnestDined on 6/30/2014This restaurant hits every mark for our family! Always welcoming, fabulous service, excellent food, great cocktails!Special Features:
- Great food!misslacie82Dined on 6/26/2014The food was great!!! We had the margherita pizza, Cesar salad and soft serve vanilla with the olive oil and salt with the brownie! Yum!!! The way you order deserts is so cool!!! Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- total scenelauraVIPDined on 6/26/2014The food was very good. It may have been our fault, but we didn't tell the waitress we were going to the Giants game. Anyway, they spaced out the food so much that we needed to leave before our pizza arrived. We ended up having it boxed up to go. Net, plan on allowing lots of time. The food is worth it, though.
- Great food, loud venueshaunbrightDined on 6/23/2014My parents were visiting, so I took them out to dinner at this fine Italian restaurant. It was a little cramped and very loud, but the food was great. The waiter recommended "family style," ordering two appetizers, an entree, and a pizza, all to share. Everything was great, and that was just enough for all three of us to be full. We had a bit of a hard time hearing each other, though.Special Features:
- Too much noisePattyVIPDined on 6/22/2014We love the pizza at Zero Zero, but increasingly find the upstairs tables uncomfortable. Even though I requested to be downstairs, we were seated upstairs. The 2 ladies next to us were loud but eating dessert. Unfortunately their dessert lasted as long as our pizza. The couple on the other side were inaudible. We ate quickly and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently gooddleongVIPDined on 6/22/2014I ended up reserving a table here twice in 2 weeks. That should say it all. But, the pizzas really are delicious, and the arugula salad which is huge is also very good. My little nephews and niece also loved the food... we came for brunch and though I was worried about how the restaurant would react to kids, it was fine. The staff was courteous and didn't make us feel less welcome because we had little kids 5 and under with us. The fried chicken and waffles were a hit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We all agreed the food was delicious! We plan on returning soon.Special Features:
- Great brunch!petermeDined on 6/21/2014Took my family from out of town for a delightful brunch. Every brunch dish was delicious. I had the french toast, which was heavenly. Fried chicken and waffles scored very highly, too. Also, cocktails! Yet kid-friendly. Perhaps what was best was that it was not mobbed, plenty of room upstairs to enjoy our meal and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureUkaricanFoodieVIPDined on 6/10/2014The wonderful pizzas and great salads make this a fun place to take a small group. The crust is like no where else. The staff is accommodating and very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soft Serve!lefteejrDined on 6/9/2014My favorite part about this restaurant is the soft serve...yummy! Please try the more non-conventional toppings, you won't be disappointed - olive oil and sea salt as well as strawberries and balsamico were my favs.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014The deep fried french toast was amazing. If you're looking for a quiet place for brunch Zero Zero is great. Few good brunch places in SF accept reservations.Special Features:
- Pretty good food, service notnjk1Dined on 6/6/2014food pretty good. server not very pleasant - surly and a bit arrogant in fact. don't think i'll return or recommend to friends - many better places in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Good food, good serviceZeroDined on 6/6/2014I have tried to eat this place a few time before and finally got the reservation. This place totally worth the waiting. Their fried chicken and pizzas are very delicious!Special Features:
- Great food; service off by 5 minMaroniteDined on 6/5/2014We really enjoyed both our salad and pizza. The salad had beets, burata, and amazing dressing. We did the prosciutto pizza which was also great and so fresh. We sat upstairs and our server was 5 minutes off everything she did. Drinks, taking our order, second round of drinks, and dessert. By the end, we were fed up and just skipped dessert even after filling out the sundae checklist. Lastly, the hostess appeared super annoyed that we asked to sit one table over. To summarize, great food but restaurant needs to better manage staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beDrewPaikVIPDined on 6/1/2014Aside from the chicken and waffles, which are still solid, I thought the rest of the menu left a lot to be desired, including the pizza. The avocado bruschetta was dry and came as a big slab of bread, making it difficult to cut and eat. The soup was over-spiced and had to be sent back.
- always goodlaurenc7VIPDined on 5/29/2014this place is fantastic. everything you order is delicious from drinks to salads to dessert. service is amazing. I've never had a bad experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.