Zeppole Coastal Italian at the Gaylord Texan
1501 Gaylord Trail
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Zeppole Coastal Italian at the Gaylord Texan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/dalgt-gaylord-texan-resort-and-convention-center/
- Phone: 8177782215
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sascia Marchesi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A variety of dining spaces make Zeppole a perfect choice for intimate dinners or group gatherings with the ability to accommodate up to 100 guests.
A word from Zeppole Coastal Italian at the Gaylord Texan
Experience the fresh taste of coastal Italian cuisine beneath the twinkling of lights in an enchanting courtyard setting. At Zeppole, you’ll enjoy traditional Italian and uniquely prepared seafood dishes. Enhance your meal with our large selection of exquisite Italian wines, or fresh baked signature Zeppole pastries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Zeppole Coastal Italian at the Gaylord Texan - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Zeppole Coastal Italian at the Gaylord Texan reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)good for groups (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (11)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A TraditionTraditionDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere and service are exceptional. My wife had the Chilean Sea Bass and it was perfect. The filet I had was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!DiningchampDined on 9/10/2014I had the Osso Bucco and it was great! Fall off the bone tender and very appealing presentation. I ordered the calamari for an appetizer and was pleasantly surprised to also find lightly fried strips of bell pepper, apples, and a first for me, fried sage leaves. Overall a great experience!Special Features:
- Not recommendfairDined on 9/6/2014I would not recommend it. Overpriced. Not enough food... The price for parking was too much.
- DISAPPOINTEDDISAPPOINTEDDined on 8/30/2014We were guests at the Gaylord on Aug 30th and decided to have dinner at Zeppole. To start out, our waitress seemed as if this was that last place she would rather be. Indifferent. Not friendly. No matter how polite we were with her. The floor manager on duty at that time openly treated one of his bussers very badly right in front of us! The busser did nothing wrong. The busser came to our table and asked if we were finished and we said no. A few minutes later the manager came and asked if he could take our plates and we said yes. The manager then shoved the plates into the bussers hands showing his displeasure with the busser. Once again, the busser did absolutely nothing wrong! Zeppole should teach their management to know better.
- Very accommodatingEatMeatVIPDined on 8/25/2014We were on business and our server was very good. We asked if we could have our meal family style and they easily obliged. Would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian dining at GaylordCakeyDined on 8/23/2014Went to the Texas Gaylord Hotel for a girl's weekend and ate at Zeppole Coastal Italian restaurant. It was so nice to sit, relax and enjoy wonderful Italian food in this beautiful hotel. We both had pasta dishes with wine that tasted so great and paired just right with the wine. Would definitely recommend eating at this authentic italian venue when staying here. Last but not least, the servers were very informative and attentive to our needs. Loved Zeppole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Italian RestaurantCheatsheetVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food tasted good, and teenagers even scraped their plates. Unusual choices though - no Lasgna or Fettuccini Alfredo:) I had a very different looking Ravioli Osco Busco:) But a lovely presentation and delicious! My husband had the Red Fish, which he enjoyed, but it came with capresse beef as part of the plate. This cowboy wasn't ready to try a raw beef selection:) If not for this disappointment, I would have given 5 stars. Teenagers had the Rack of Lamb and the Vodka Pasta, and both were enjoyed totally. Lamb was perfectly cooked! Our 2nd favorite restaurant at the Gaylord Resort. Pricey, but worth it. Loved the setting in the atrium! Very attractive restaurant! 4 1/2 stars:) Please note - it's only open for dinner. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good, but staff confusedTravelingdocVIPDined on 7/29/2014Food was good, but service was poor. No one really knew who had responsibility for the table and I shared 2 waiters and two managers. My entree came before my appetizer. Fortunately, i was not charged for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place!Wton2014Dined on 7/29/2014Service, host and food was spectacular, we had a party of 8 and they gave us a private table with and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLoveItalianFoodDined on 7/19/2014The food was wonderful!! We ordered the Eggplant Parm for an appetizer, best I have ever had! Melt in your mouth. For my entree I ordered the Rigatoni. The sauce was rich & creamy. The service was fantastic! w Would definitely dine here again & will be recommending Zeppole to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Mari at the bar was awesome! Very friendly and extremely helpful! Our waiter was Levi, and he provided excellent service. He was very attentive, but not hovering. Food was excellent. However, if you get the fish you might let your server know to go easy on the salt. I'm a fan of salt so it was good, but if you are not then it could very well be too salty for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Very good service, quality food. Not a romantic place to take a date or wife for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Return visitorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014We live near Gaylord and have been here a few times. My husband and I have come with just another couple, and we've also come with our toddler and parents. The food is very good and the staff very responsive.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014The food was fabulous but a little pricey. I know the restaurant was crowded, but for those kind of prices, I expected there to be better service. We had to ask other workers other than our waitress to refill water glasses and bring more bread. Our order took a while. It was difficult having a conversation because we were seated next to a speaker where the music was playing quite loudly.Special Features:
- Not bad but way overpricednicknameDined on 7/4/2014Dinner for four (two were kid meals) - $160. The food was good but not that good.
- Good Overpriced MealcupcakesnlattesVIPDined on 7/4/2014So this restaurant was the only place we could get reservations for on the 4th of July. Looking at the menu and prices I was in for an upscale dining experience. Well the food was good but not upscale. I ordered a Prosceco Cocktail which showed up in a whiskey glass. It has a splash of prosceco and a very heavy pour of vermouth which made me almost spit it out. The waitress was kind enough to take it away. Then the brushcetta was fine but nothing amazing. My main course at $22 for chicken rigatoni was a little heavily sauced and the chicken was a little short changed. I thought my entree was more of a under $20 entree. So if u are staying at the Gaylord and this is your only option you wont go hungry but it will drain your pocketbook!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced averageExpectexcellentDined on 7/4/2014We have been to the Gaylord on many occasions and decided to forgo the quick Texas dining stations for a real restaurant experience. Let me say that any ambience the restaurant has is really cross over from the resort. The meal was very average and very expensive. We would NEVER drive to the resort just to eat here, nor would we probably ever eat here again. Median entree pricing was $30.00 for a pasta dish that was not even close to the taste of pasta at Carrabbas. If you go just remember you are paying for resort convenience not quality of meal... That might make it more palatable.Special Features:
- AMAZING!Gr8foodDined on 6/25/2014This was an amazing and enjoyable evening! We went to celebrate our anniversayr as well as my son and daughter in law expecting their first baby and had a wonderful time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zeppole Coastal Italian deliversalwaysenjoylifeDined on 6/13/2014From the ambience of the restaurant to the presentation of our food, we enjoyed the entire experience. We ordered the Atlantic Grilled Swordfish (capers and lemon olive oil combined incredible flavor), the Aged Black Angus New York Strip (roasted shallots and Tuscan butter beans added to the specialness to this dish), the Filet Mignon topped with gorgonzola (the Barolo wine reduction raised the bar), and the Rigatoni Pasta with a creamy, spicy vodka sauce (all our mouths were watering over this one). Executive Chef Sascia Marchesi’s creations were delicious and done to perfection. We will definitely visit the resort again and, when we do, we will be dining at the Zeppole Coastal Italian to try their other scrumptious sounding choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014Good dining experience Too expensive Paid parking is not goodSpecial Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014I made a reservation for this place. It was a very nice place well done. It is very expensive. I had the shrimp and scallop scampi. The sauce was amazing and the seafood was cooked perfect. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Zeppole Coastal Italian at the Gaylord Texan reviews archive.
- Great timecelebrateDined on 5/17/2014I really enjoyed my dinner on May 17, our waitress was awesome. Food tasted great! I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid for romantic diningNotImpressedDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I made a reservation months ago and we still had to wait 10 minutes to even get a seat. I had asked to be seated more privately possibly year the water and we were seated in the middle of the restaurant. It was very loud and busy and we did not get much privacy. The food was decent however, the service was terrible. We had to ask several times for refills of our drinks, the wine menu, and at one point our waiter disappeared for 15 minutes and we had to ask another waiter for our drinks and order. It was terrible service!Special Features:
- Nice Italian RestaurantSampsonVIPDined on 4/19/2014One of several themed restaurants within Gaylord Texan, Zeppole was easy to find, had plenty of room, good food, and prompt service.Special Features:
- Good but priceyBalloonmanDined on 4/18/2014This is the second time we have dined at Zeppole and both experiences were good. The kids love the pizza here and the entrees have all been very good. However, the meatballs in the spaghetti were on the dry side and not enough sauce in the bowl to grease them up. They use some combo of buffalo, pork, and meat in the meat balls which did have good flavor just very dry. Overrall we were pleased with the food but a little less pleased with the check. $180 for 6 people (2 of which were off kids menus) with no dessert or wine is just a bit much for me considering the food and service were just okay.Special Features:
- Poor and Slow ServiceDddchadVIPDined on 4/18/2014The service was horrible and very slow, I had a reservation for 4 people at 6.45pm, we left at 8.45pm. We ordered 3 entrees and 2 appetizers. Not sure if the server was new or what. He also dumped food on my shirt and shoe when taking plates before I headed to a party. Yes, I had to keep my sleeves rolled up for the night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014Best Sea Bass I have had in a long time and I am a Foodie who tries not to eat it very often because it has been on the endangered list before and it is overfished. BUt it was my birthday and it was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso bucco a must tryWb172000Dined on 4/11/2014Had the pork osso bucco which was absolutely wonderful.the flatbread appetizer however seemed a little over cooked and almost stale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable 60th birthday celebrationpattyDined on 4/5/2014My daughter and I celebrated my sister's 60th birthday with her by staying at the Gaylord and having her "birthday dinner" at your restaurant. From the moment we walked in we were treated very kindly and our waiters were exceptional in every way. We selected several menu items to share and they were very, very good. I had brought in a cake and for dessert the manager brought it to the table with the candles in place and lit. He was very nice about being involved in my plans for presentation, including the "60" napkins, and he wished my sister Happy Birthday (as did the several waiters who attended to us during our dinner). Over all, it was a VERY NICE EXPERIENCE!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!B2D2Dined on 4/3/2014We went to this restaurant while on a group conference trip. The food was delicious and they accommodated our group very well. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was heavenly. Lots ofHappyDined on 3/26/2014Food was heavenly. Lots of attention to detail in surroundings. Menu seemed a little skimpy but was fulfilling. Fresh ingredients guaranteed. Dessert alone was not to be missed. Table glass wines were adequate, but more variety would be welcome. Our parking ticket was validated without issue. Would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the basicsScottDined on 3/15/2014I've eaten here before a couple times and have always been impressed. However I was disappointed with my trip this time. My girlfriend got the seafood risotto and was very satisfied. I got basic spaghetti and meatballs. I've had this before and was surprised when the pasta came out stuck together. Easily separated so it may have just sat for a couple minutes. I tried the meatball first. They seemed over cooked. They were hard and dry. The pasta tasted like it was cooked in overly salted water. Each bite left a salty taste on the tongue. I'll give them another try because I know they can do it rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a Saturday night withBodarfVIPDined on 3/8/2014Went on a Saturday night with a buddy to reconnect and catch up. Asked for a quiet table and got one in a side room with a fireplace to the left of the entrance. The waiter was attentive and the food was good. Beet salad, ossobuco, and lemon tart for desert. Whiskey/scotch selection was limited but workable. Gaylord cab was fine to accompany dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- saltysaltyDined on 3/7/2014Every dish was too salty and overpriced The biscotti at the end of the meal was a nice touch though.Special Features:
- Yummy experience!!LoudygirlDined on 2/28/2014Zeppole Coastal Italian was delicious! The food and service were both outstanding, and it was a great place to celebrate a birthday with friends. Try the watermelon martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to ItalianDineOutJunkiesDined on 2/15/2014Service was outstanding, however, the menu was a limited Italian menu. I ordered Lamb cooked rare and partner ordered Veal cooked medium to medium rare. Mine came out medium to well and the veal was overcooked. At a steak house chain I would expect that on occasion but at a nice restaurant we should not have to send food back, oh, yes, it was an Italian restaurant so order traditional Italian meal? Maybe that was the problem....Special Features:
- Great evening!TonyRizzoDined on 2/15/2014Great night. For reference, we spent a little under $200 for two for four courses. It was excellent. One of the entrees was overcooked. The manager handled it wonderfully. Great wait staff. A fun place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrdinaryExperiencedDinerDined on 2/15/2014Group of 4. 3 of 4 meals were very oily, soupy or saucy. Caesar salad romaine was mostly white otherwise good.Special Features:
- Best laid plans...TimMDined on 2/14/2014The food was outstanding! We had te feature fo Valentine's Day. Lobster Risoto and the Skewers. The beef on the skewers was a bit tough but the italian sausage was hte best I have had in years.Service was decent, we just felt a little neglected based on where we were sitting and felt like we sat in no-man's land. All the staff were pleasant when they did, venture by to see how things were going. The mousse cake dessert was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Valentine DinnerFrostJourneysDined on 2/14/2014We chose Zeppole when we visited The Gaylord decorated for Christmas. The place seemed magical with lights and a beautiful wine bar just outside the restaurant. When we arrived Valentine's night we were just slightly disappointed. The winebar was gone, the lights were almost overdone at that point and they put us on the "outside" back patio which didn't have as much ambiance. The waitress was delightful but there were kids next to us which didn't contribute to the valentine evening. The food and wine were quite expensive and honestly just okay. I think Zeppole would be a good choice for a couple staying at the hotel (nice enough not to have to drive someplace) and would be really good for large groups.Special Features: