Zephyr Grill and Bar
1736 First Street
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zephyr Grill and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zephyrgrill.com/
- Phone: 9259611000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nick Musser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Vintage Room can accommodate up to 45 guests for a buffet menu, 60 guests for a seated menu and 75 guests for a standing reception.
- Private Party Contact: Lynn Tei 9254185668
A word from Zephyr Grill and Bar
Uniquely inviting with an "aroused Americana" presentations, Zephyr Grill and Bar invites you to sample creations by Executive Chef Nick Musser. Atmosphere, warmth and hospitality that will soon become a Livermore Valley icon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zephyr Grill and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)special occasion (44)great for lunch (44)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (31)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (25)great for brunch (16)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- good food with excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014when making our reservation online, in the comments section I mentioned it was our anniversary. I called the restaurant before leaving the house and asked for an outdoor table. When the girl looked up our reservation she wished me a happy anniversary. Again when we checked in we were wished happy anniversary and then again by our server. We both enjoyed our meals and our food arrived promptly. We ate outside since it was a nice evening. The only recommendation would be that they pipe music to the outdoor space. It would help with the ambiance.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!foodiegirlDined on 8/25/2014I was taking a friend of mine to lunch for her birthday. The waitresses and hostess were very attentive and informed. We were not pressured to finish our food soon and were able to relax and have a nice lunch. Thank you to Zephyr and the staff for such an enjoyable day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehGeckogirlVIPDined on 8/23/2014Service was spotty. It took 20 minutes to bring our salads, entrees arrived about 5 minutes after we finally received the salads. Wedge salad arrived liberally covered with hazelnuts despite a request to hold them. Second round of drinks arrived 5 minutes before our check. Food was just ok. The molasses barbecue sauce on the meatloaf was overwhelming and the potato crusted halibut had no flavor at all. We won't be going back.
- Enjoyable EveningCheryl09Dined on 8/16/2014Food was good but service was a little slow. Our waitress was busy. It was hard to get second round of drinks but she was very pleasant. We enjoyed dinner.Special Features:
- Livermore dinner surpriseMItsiDined on 8/16/2014We were in the area on business and needed to find a place for dinner. I found Zephet Grill on OpenTable. It was not in the busiest part of town, but was just as active inside. The food and service were great. We will eat there again whenever we are in the Livermore area. ... A nice find!Special Features:
- Friendly AtmosphereCookDined on 8/16/2014We have always enjoyed the food for dinner and the Happy Hour Menu. The staff goes above and beyond with making you feel welcome and special. Having a full bar is also a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service, Wine? - Yuk !WineLoverDined on 8/15/2014They've been strong-armed into embedding Livermore Winery offerings, YUK. Or, you can pay $15 if you bring own wine. It's enough reason to take them off a short list, but otherwise a solid choice. It seems Livermore wants to chase away wine drinkers, or have them order more cocktails - a good reason to drive up 680 for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great bar area.BritalianDined on 8/14/2014I'd call it a trendy place. I always enjoy the food here and you can sit outside on a warm night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereReaderDined on 8/13/2014We really liked the selection of local wines. The food was beautifully presented, just not as flavorful as I would have liked.Special Features:
- 35th AnniversaryNASCARDAD71Dined on 8/12/2014I wanted to take my wife out for a 35th Anniversary dinner and picked the Zephyr as the place to go. I made reservations through OpenTable and thought our experience would be good. We were sat at the worst table in the restaurant. It was a 2 person table right next to the waiter station. The waiters and waitresses were coming and go constantly. We felt like we were an after thought. We have experienced this at many restaurants when we have made reservations. We would have stayed for desert but not siting at that table. Bottom line is, we were not impressed and it will be a long time before we go back. Also I would like to add if you wear hearing aids I would not recommend the Zephyr if you want to hear any conversations.
- Disappointing with the foodLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have been to Zephyr numerous times since they opened, for lunch & dinner both. We have always enjoyed the food and sometimes the service. It's a lot easier to stay local than to drive to S.F. We felt that Zephyr was the #2 Livermore restaurant just below Wente. However, we were very disappointed with the food this time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food and service were excellent! Our waitress was amazing and everyone was really friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneylivermoreDined on 8/9/2014I wouldn't recommend this restaurant, there are other restaurants in the area that I would rather go to. The steak wasn't made to order, it was well, when I and all the others at my table ordered medium, none of the others meals were memorable. We sat in the middle of the restaurant, even with reservations, the table wasn't big enough to accommodate an appetizer, wine and our meal. Go some where else...
- Saturday night dinnerpowance4Dined on 8/2/2014A bit last minute decision to go out for dinner, we were able to make a reservation and were seated right away. We do not dine here very often, mostly because we go"out" for lunch frequently, but dinner not so much. Two adults and a teenager had Baja Tacos (amazing per teen), Chicken Chili Rellenos (excellent) and Bleu Cheese Tenderloin Medallions (very good). I tried a wine flight and they were willing to swap out one wine for another (on a different flight), which I thought was very nice. Lemon cheesecake for dessert (very good and large enough to share). Mentioned to our server that the green beans were undercooked and manager came by to acknowledge the problem, and thanked us for the input. Service above average & very friendly.Special Features:
- Good but not greatRidgeback12Dined on 8/2/2014We had a party of 5 and it took several tries to get the attention of our waitress to refill or drinks. The food was good. I had the the sea bisque soup and it was very good. We also had the Caesar salad with chicken and it was good but lacked dressing. The burger sliders we too well done and the 12 year old wouldn't eat them. The ice cream sundae was huge and very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014This is our go-to restaurant and have been coming back to Zephyr since we first met - we always enjoy our experience and this past time, we enjoyed it very much (my husband actually commented that the bay scallops were possibly the best he's ever had) :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Livermore FindFoodFanDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed our dinner very much. Wide choice of tasty foods, great service nicely paced, local wines, warm ambiance, and fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014this was my first time there. ended up eating for 2.5 hours. We enjoyed our food from the pre-dinner cocktails to the chocolate Sunday for dessert. The food was perfect and our waitress was engaging and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly GoodmatineeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Nice looking restaurant that is very busy. Server was attentive but needs to know a little more about wine and pouring. Brought a pair of Napa Cabs and when I asked for a second set of glasses so we could taste side by side the server told me it would crowd the table. Then poured the wine like a beer, almost to the top of the glass. Tuna appetizer was very good and the crab cakes were nice. The ribeye and scallops entrees were very good, but the halibut was slightly overcooked and the pork chop needed a little something, although it looked great on the plate. Three of the four dishes came with the same vegetable on the side. I know it's more work, but I'd like to see them take the time to put out a complete meal not just rotate meatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zephyr Grill Flies Highmeal1guyDined on 7/12/2014We have gone to Zephyr Grill on several occasions, and have never been disappointed. The restaurant has a great menu and daily specials that would be a foodies delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Sad AhiToniMDined on 7/8/2014We were there for birthday lunch, but we didn't tell the restaurant. The Very, Very nice waitress noticed us opening birthday cards and brought us a yummy hot fudge sundae and four brownies on the house! The people who had shrimp cobb salads liked them very much. The two of us who had ahi tuna sandwiches found the ahi tuna tasted fishy, in other words, not fresh.
- DisappointingArtVanDeLeighDined on 7/6/2014The bread was good but that is where it ended. The ribeye steak was about 1/2 inch thick and consequently over cooked. It looked like a piece of shoe leather. The flavor was ok but not what we expect when we order this cut of meat. The scallops were ok but nothing special. The green beans were bland. Don't even think about ordering the butternut squash soup unless you're a fan of baby food. The cocktails were good. Our service was excellent. Too bad we won't go back!
- The good, bad, and not so great!BarryofFremontDined on 6/28/2014A group table for eight always creates problems, slow service, bland food, and some interesting dishes. The crab/avocado tower and shrimp taco well well received and enjoyed. The BBQ steak was tastes less and the accompanying potatoes were cold and under done. The wine list was acceptable but costly.
- 10th Anniversary for ZephyrsRachDined on 6/24/2014The wine tasting and apptz were a big hit part of why we chose to come. A few of us friends came to just drink at the bar and have dinner. The dinner is always great especially any steaks you order. Our dessert was out of this world and very large fun to share. The wine we chose was very tasting and it was one of the wine feature from the wine tasting.Special Features:
- Great MealArchieBugDined on 6/24/2014We had a fantastic meal on the night of Zephyr's 10th Anniversary. We were able to score a last minute reservation, and they had complimentary wine tasting (apparently they do every tuesday!). The winery doing tasting had bottles for $10 off, so we were able to drink a great bottle of red blend for $28. Great selection of Livermore valley wines. Chicken Chile Rellenos were DELISH. Other members of our party had the pork chop and potato wrapped halibut and were pleased. Very accommodating of the fact that we needed a high chair, and understanding about needs of dining with a 10 month old. Hubby had to take an emergency call and they kept his plate hot while he was on the phone.Special Features:
- DisappointingCoolhandukDined on 6/20/2014Booked a table for 4 for a last minute Friday evening out. Immediately seated in the back room which was nice. Our server was Bless and she was fantastic, everything you would want from the perfect waitress. We had the coconut shrimp and the crab tower as a shared appetizer, the crab tower was really good and the shrimp were ok. We had Rib Eye, two specials (Sirloin) and the Halibut, it all came out together , in good time and looked well presented. Then BANG, where did the flavor go, everything was perfectly cooked but the flavor had somehow been extracted from everyone's meal, it was made okay with a lot of salt and pepper. Nice to try but will not be rushing back.
- Father's Day outDryzDined on 6/15/2014The food here is generally very good. On this night, though, the service was not firing on all cylinders. Probably because it was Fathers Day, the restaurant was very busy. Our main entrees came out before our salads, they asked if we would like bread and then it never came, just little things like this. However, it is doing the little things right that sets a business apart from everyone else. In all the food is good and I would probably recommend someone to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014Unique food items on the menu, and everything is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceJar1803Dined on 6/15/2014Made reservation for Fathers Day lunch. Had to wait for table to be made ready. Service very slow despite restaurant only about 1/4 full. Food was good when received. Great fish and shrimp tacos. Didn't even ask us if we wanted dessert which was surprising since we said we were celebrating birthdays and had kids too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before ConcerttiggerzmeDined on 6/13/2014There was a group of six that met for dinner before a concert in town. We had made a reservation on Open Table to insure a table since we were on a time restriction and it happened to be rodeo weekend. No problem with the reservation and they sat us even though two of our group were stuck in traffic and arrive about 10 minutes late. Dinner and service was very good and I would highly recommend. That is the first time I had dinner there as we usually go there for lunch. Food is delicious and atmosphere is very warm and upscale but comfortable enough for families. They even give you a little mint brownie bite with your check. Yummy.Special Features:
- gordonVIPDined on 6/13/2014We have dined here many times in the past and always enjoyed it. However not so good this time. My wife ordered the sea bass and was informed that they were substituting snapper (at the same price). Snapper is very much a lesser fish. She then ordered the seafood risotto which was not good at all. We could hardly find the seafood, basically like a bowl of flavored rice or grain. I ordered the blue cheese tenderloin medallions. They were well prepared, and in three small pieces. The first was very good and tender. The next two were full of grissle, (spelling?), and not really worth eating. We'll eat there again as it has always been good. I hope this isn't a new trend.
- Excellent FindBillDined on 6/11/2014First time at this restaurant. It was recommended by a friend. Excellent food and wine. I would have to say this find was about the experience. Service was superb. There when we needed him but not over done. Our server introduced us to some wonderful wines. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great PlaceFremont500Dined on 6/5/2014Staff is very friendly. Menu choices are abundant. Wine by the glass is a bit expensive. Great mixed drinks are very good. Prices are reflective of the food quality. Love the shrimp tacos and the lemon sole. Really enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very cute for a Livermore dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Wow...what a place for a nice date. It's local, and quaint. The staff is very tentative, and friendly. Portions are fare. The Mondays specials as far as drinks are the bomb. That's definitely a Monday happy hour spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehWineloverDined on 5/31/2014I was underwhelmed. The food was good - not spectacular. The wine list had lots of local bottles and our waitress went out of her way to pour us complimentary tastes of some of the wine we were thinking of... The service was fantastic. When we arrived we ha been seated in a back corner which our friends referred to as "the kiddie section" - dark, crowded paper table cloths. Not really what a night out with friends should have been. We did ask to move and were accomodated - only after being told 'the other tables were reserved...' But wasn't our table reserved on opentable? So watch where you sit. And don't expect the food to be knock your socks off. It was good, nothing notable, tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite spotGreatspot2eatDined on 5/26/2014Great place for a girls lunch, Excellent service and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, food and people! IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2014Zephyr team has it together; good meeting place, great food, excellent service, ambience and bar scene. 5 stars all around- Check them out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday Brunch spot!jtm83VIPDined on 5/18/2014Took the in-laws and niece here, based on reviews. Definitely a good spot, even if off the main strip. (Then, you just walk to the main area and work off the yummy-ness!) Would definitely return for lunch or dinner also!Special Features:
- Nice, but food was blandkageyeyeDined on 5/17/2014Pleasant neighborhood restaurant. Nice decor, wine recommendation was good. . Food ok but overall a bit bland. Service was attentive but waitress did not know the items on the menu. It was pleasant experience but not memorable food on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great / DissappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Attended a wedding rehearsal luncheon here & everything was fabulous. Wait staff was prompt and courteous. All 3 food options were excellent. My wife and I liked it so much, we went again on our own for dinner. I ordered the same (pan-fried steak) that I had had at the luncheon....no comparison. It was quite tough and nowhere near as tasty. Wait staff was friendly but not very attentive. So, I'm at a loss as to how to rate this. The group experience was fantastic, while the dinner meal makes it doubtful I will ever go back.Special Features: