Zenshin Asian Restaurant at South Point
9777 S Las vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Zenshin Asian Restaurant at South Point
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zenshinasianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7027978538x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sun-Thurs: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Fri-Sat: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Yoji Shimonishi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Zenshin Asian Restaurant at South Point
Your Experience will be anything but Cliché!! Zenshin Asian Restaurant incorporates Contemporary Japanese cuisine with Modern Influences to create a dining experience that all guests will enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zenshin Asian Restaurant at South Point reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- High expectations/Low qualityATCinLVDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I chose to dine here for our anniversary and based on Open Table reviews along with local advertising for Best of Las Vegas, were very disappointed. We were seated promptly and our drink orders were served promptly, but unfortunately this was the high point. We both ordered the cucumber salad and shared the spicy tuna and crispy rice appetizer. The spicy tuna and crispy rice was OK, but the cucumber salad had a very "fishy" taste. I realize it's seafood, but fresh seafood (especially crab) should not taste like that. We were going to order four specialty rolls (777, dragon, rainbow, and crunch), but after the salad opted to try only the 777 as a precaution. Again, very "fishy" tasting and sent back. Would not recommend.
- Happy HourSweetzDined on 8/19/2014Great Happy Hour selection and prices! I enjoyed 2 sushi rolls, and a appetizers for under $20! Food tastes great and great service.Special Features:
- Happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Great happy hour selection and prices. I like the on-line reservations, too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJewelsDined on 8/11/2014Through Open Table, we found this place for Asian food! Food was incredible! Enjoyed our visit!Special Features:
- our experience at zenshinzenshinDined on 7/26/2014Overall I would recommend this restaurant. The appetizers and the sushi were great but the ramen was just so-so. I would go back again for the sushi and appetizers. Additionally, it took the hostess to sit us when there were a lot of available tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I do not recommendEugene89141Dined on 7/19/2014Food mediocre and skimpy... ambience very poor; prices high; very good service, I like Osaka or Kabuki much better
- graceDined on 7/9/2014We ate here several times over the five days we were at South Point. It is definitely the best food in the place.
- Happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great happy hour menu, awesome service , make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good South Point foodFaintgirlDined on 6/18/2014First off, fantastic service at this restaurant. The entrees were very good, heavy on the ginger but ginger is one of my favourite things so that was fine. The desserts were very sweet and not as complex as the entrees. Quite a gem for an out of town casino - strongly recommended if you're staying here.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Zenshin Asian Restaurant at South Point reviews archive.
- ZenshinMax8Dined on 5/4/2014Tried when first opened and was not impressed. Glad to say food and service have improved.Special Features:
- vickieDined on 4/20/2014Pretty atmosphere, and good location, easy to get to. The staff all did a fantastic job and made us feel very welcome & comfortable. The food presentation was simply beautiful and the taste was decadent. We were very well pleased with everything and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious! MUST GO!!LovegoodfoodDined on 4/16/2014Surprised to find we didn't have to go far from our hotel for awesome sushi! It was right there! If there was one of these restaurants in LA, we would be regulars for sure! Leo the sushi chef was fabulous! Not only did he make great dishes, he was very helpful and entertaining! Can't wait to go back to Vegas again .... We will definitely plan at least one dinner here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Japanese food. SushiarigottoeDined on 4/11/2014Excellent Japanese food. Sushi was fresh and tasty. Teriyaki bowl was delicious. Very friendly waitress. Modern atmosphere and very clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rex mks the BEST 777 rollThatSportsBabeDined on 4/1/2014Absolutely love the 777 roll ($6 at happy hour) and the Monkey Jacket drink ($5 at happy hour!) along with the INCREDIBLE fresh baked (in-house) brownies for dessert . The pastry chef is incredible and the staff is very nice. I'll be coming back often for those 777 roles. Mmmmm mmm mmmmmm!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all around good resturantNickyDined on 3/29/2014Ate here several times during my recent vistit to the Southpoint. Food and service was consistently good. Lunch had a quick turn around without feeling rushed. If you are staying in the Casino, I would recommend this place for lunch or dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from every angleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014From the moment we got there till we left, we received excellent service. All employees were friendly, sincere, and provided the service one would hope for when dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incorrect orders brought toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2014Incorrect orders brought to the table were quickly exchanged. Service was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised at thelive2eatVIPDined on 3/10/2014Pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and the service. Happened to be in Las Vegas during "Restaurant Week" (3-course, prix fixe price). My one complaint is the both my scallop appetizer and filet and lobster entree arrived cold. Flavor and texture were wonderful, nicely seasoned, good sauces, and cooked perfectly. Scallop and lobster were tender not rubbery. The filet was to order. The service was quick and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cowboys love fresh Asian tooLuv2eatDined on 3/7/2014CW Son &wife's anniversary.They were hesitant having little exposure to quality fresh sushi and Asian fusion dishes.A diner who doesn't eat sfd found plenty of options,& a gluten intolerant was well accomodated.Ordered spicy edamame,crunch rolls,sunrise tuna w/crispy rice,garlic chicken;alot of apps for 4,but all eaten in minutes!Resto Wk menu-tasty,fresh,&creative-chose king crab &melon martini,filet mignon w/beurre blanc&half lobster tail w/ jalapeño pesto,strawberry rhubarb roulade.Miso glazed cod was moist &beautifully plated.Tonkatsu was crispy,light.All stuffed,but found room for fresh baked pineapple upside down cake-garnish of paper thin dried pineapple was a surprise &special.Great drinks.Will dine again w/o hesitation. FRESH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good presentation, high qualityTomLDined on 2/20/2014good presentation, high quality fresh sashimi and fair portions. good value for casino locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi & Happy HourLVDragonrollDined on 2/14/2014Took a date here for Valentine's Day. Overall great experience. I wished our table was ready when we arrived, but it was a busy night. Overall, great food and conversation with the sushi chefs. My date was impressed. Try the lobster martini, dragon roll, 8 second bull ride and eggplant fries, and for dessert, the flan. Can't wait to go back for Happy Hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service & FoodlasvegasbenDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I were having our Valentine Day night out. The food was excellent as well as the service from the waiter. We had the braised beef and kimchi rice dinner. We also had the half dozen raw oysters which were also excellent. Highly recommend this restaurant for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was great friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Our server was great friendly and told us what to have and drink he made great choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZenshinFoodieDined on 2/14/2014My family and I had a great experience. The food was delicious,the waitress was helpful and checked up on us several times,I was there with my husband and my 4 children. Their happy hour had many choices which worked with my kids we will definitely be coming back again to dine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork belly app was prettyDinerguyVIPDined on 2/9/2014Pork belly app was pretty good but a little too sweet. The hamachi Kama was excellent. Salmon skin salad was decent. Service was good. Sake list needs improvement as it is very limited. Only one junmai daiginjo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour selectionTingtongDined on 2/1/2014Great happy hour selection n the sushi is fresh with great prices. Must admit that our server was Slow in delivering our food and then forgot to place our last order which we ended up canceling . Hope that Will not happen next time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the chicken and beefZ2870VIPDined on 12/31/2013We had the chicken and beef bowls and found them to be very good. Would recommend any of the selections from this menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!spencenvickieDined on 11/23/2013Wedding anniversary with my wife was a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first time there.Z2870VIPDined on 11/22/2013This was the first time there. The food selection is excellent and the service was some of the best. It seemed only minutes from the time we ordered until the food arrived. The waitress was very attentive but not over bearing. Highly recommend this location. We will definitely return to try some of the other fair available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZensiontravelerDined on 11/22/2013Good food ,good service ,not bad pricing, what else does one need?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Depends on what you orderRonnie33Dined on 11/16/2013If you love Japanese food and are adventurous the food is great. I had the green mussels and one of their specialty rolls and loved every bite. My date ordered the more traditional bowl and found it not only not very good but also it did not settle well in his stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South point hotelGreatLunchVIPDined on 11/15/2013Best quality price food in the Hotel. Healthy friendlly classy but not super expensive. Great dark japanese beer. Great Martinis. and fun cocktails
- Delicious foodGrammyDined on 10/28/2013Relaxing environment with tasty food and good service. I had the oxtail soup. The broth was very tasty and the oxtails were very meaty. Menu offers a wide range of food with something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushichuhoDined on 10/4/2013If you like sushi at at good price this is a good place during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Fast ServiceVegasSmittyVIPDined on 9/29/2013Get there before 6 PM and the bar menu has some great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushichuhoDined on 9/1/2013have eaten there a few times, very good sushi for the happy hour price. bar service very slow every time I have gone there. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good sushi option at South PointSamJVIPDined on 8/12/2013I was staying at South Point and thought I'd try this out. Staff was friendly and the sushi was quite good. The non-sushi items were a bit on the bland side (gyoza for example). Overall a good option, if you feel like sushi and are on property.I would recommend this to a friend.