501 E. Dean St. STE. C1
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zenoaspen.com/
- Phone: 9704298588
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Apres Ski/Happy Hour Menu: Daily: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Andrea Menichetti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private events may be booked in our dining room and patio. Please contact us to set up a walk-through.
- Private Party Contact: Ali Lee 9704298588
- Entertainment: Zeno will offer live music on the patio for apres ski and happy hour on a weekly basis. Stay tuned for our music line-up schedule.
A word from Zeno Aspen
Come join us for a meal at the base of Ajax, our town’s stunning mountain playground. Make yourself at home and reconnect with the simplicity of beautiful food, and beautiful views. Enjoy an abundance of fresh, locally farmed vegetables, meats and cheeses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zeno Aspen reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (12)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Gem!s123Dined on 8/14/2014Excellent food. Will definitely go back when Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope it lasts...anonymousDined on 8/1/2014Food and service were great. Place was quiet, almost dead. Which was surprising for a Friday night. However, worked perfectly for us, as it gave us a great quiet dinner out. And a great view of the silver queen gondola.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best new restaurant in AspenScottsdaleRichVIPDined on 7/20/2014Zeno was hitting on all cylinders the night we were there. Excellent service from our server Charisma. Good and varied winelist. Fine menu selections with multiple fish choices. Give it a try and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- CCDINERVIPDined on 7/16/20142 for dinner in the former il mulino space. Only a few other diners. Beef carpaccio and corn soup appetizers very good, pork chop for dinner marvelous, homemade lasagna mediocre as was the berrie tart for dessert with a soggy crust. New owners sat dining by themselves, instead of working the room.Special Features:
- DickDined on 7/11/2014Dinner was surprisingly good. It would have been helpful if they would have indicated that GF was available with certain dishes. The wine list is very pricey, but no surprise for Aspen. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindMiamidinerVIPDined on 7/6/2014There are so many awesome restaurants in Aspen it was awesome to add another top choice to thee list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabuliusjulesDined on 7/2/2014Can't figure out why this place is not more busy. Great food, service and location.Special Features:
- TEXAN NON-FOOD CRITICBRANDMEDined on 6/28/2014WE HAVE DINED @ ZENO'S TWICE; LAST DEC. 13' & SUMMER 14'; BOTH EXPERIENCES WERE GREAT. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION = 1 INGREDIENT TO SUCCESS. LACK OF IDENTITY WILL ZERO OUT THE 3 L'S.. ZENO NEEDS TO BRAND THEMSELVES SO THE PATRONS KNOW WHERE THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY, KNOW ABOUT THIS GREAT FOOD & ITS ICONIC VIEW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014My expectation was for a dining experience worthy of the Residences at Little Nell. The food was only fair and the service was slow. I will try other restaurants before I go back to Zeno.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the Zeno Aspen reviews archive.
- I needed to use my flashlightGANSDined on 3/29/2014I needed to use my flashlight on my phone in order to see the menu. The dining area's noice level was horrible... I think it is the design of the ceiling. The bar was very nice and the bartendar gave terrific service! Wait staff at table not so good. The Pork chop was very good, and rich but it needed a starch or vegtable to acompany it, to even out the flovors.... Tableclothes on the tables would help the perception of the high end dollar they charge for a meal....Special Features:
- Could be great, falls shortWorldtravellerVIPDined on 3/28/2014Really nice improvement over the last restaurant in this space, but the staff could definitely use some training. Wait staff does not fit the level of food. Seems like they were not trained for fine dining establishment.Special Features:
- Very impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014It is very hard to start a new restaurant in Aspen and be successful, but I think Zeno has managed to do it! The space is beautiful, with an incredible view of the mountain. The food is excellent (don't miss the calamari!) and the service is friendly and casual. Our server (Laura?) was great and was able to suggest some fun drinks for happy hour. This is a great place to enjoy eating outside with some really fantastic Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSpringskierVIPDined on 3/21/2014Our reserved table was first next to the cutlery station , then re-directed to a similar table with no lighting. The hostess said that they would be very busy(at least five tables open when we left). Our waiter was wonderful but the food was a bit " overkill". Risotto of the day was over-seasoned and the lobster pasta was flat. Wine by the glass was nothing special.
- Service was a bit slow. ButBruceDined on 3/19/2014Service was a bit slow. But food was very good. I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageFrancescaDined on 3/18/2014We had an ok meal. The restaurant was empty except for a few people at the bar. We were the only diners between 6 and 7 pm during a busy spring break week. This could be because the restaurant is new this season, in place of a very expensive restaurant with many glitches. Still, the menus was somewhat limited, and the food not as good as other Italian restaurants in Aspen.
- Directly under the gondola!AspeniteDined on 3/16/2014New to aspen! Former chef of casa Tua. Great service and food. Dinner a little quiet but après an lunch rock. Excellent food. The carpaccio is amazing as is the steak! Great all around Italian good!!! Coming back again and again. Soon you won't be able to get in!!!!Special Features:
- The food was excellent assgartVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent as was the service. I had read a few less than positive reviews but can't believe they were for the same restaurant we visited. If there ever was a problem with service it has certainly been more than remedied. This is one of the better restaurants in Aspen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!ATLdinerVIPDined on 3/10/2014We enjoyed the great view of Ajax while enjoying a very good dinner. Both the bolognese and the trout were excellent choices. Loved the cool decor, lighting and bar. A solid choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive - Issues - Skip It!minus8vinegarVIPDined on 3/9/2014Staff poorly trained. Bread service: bread sticks and 2 pieces of bread in a PAPER BAG (table of 6)! It's just dropped on the table at which point the bread falls out onto the table. Someone maybe thought it was cute - It's not! Some dishes were ok, some awful. Staff doesn't know their food. Asked what vegetables in vegetable lasagna (vegetarian daughter not big on mushrooms)- told squash, zucchini & carrots. Received 80% mushrooms,a few carrots, & what looked like eggplant skins-no squash/zucchini. Tomato sauce on top was brown & crusty. Osso Bucco was the worst ever, no seasoning & a very off-putting grey color. Good dishes: carrot soup w/ ginger, tuna tartare, steak & pork chop. Dessert menu is limited and not inspiring $100pp w/wine
- SuperbaspenDined on 3/2/2014Great addition to the Aspen scene. Perfect for locals and visitors. Excellent food without too much fuss, and quieter than most restaurants so it's possible to hear what your friends are saying. Wine pairing recommendations have been consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first time dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014It was my first time dining. I had family in town from Naples, FL, party of 7 which was nice to accomodate and they were so impressed with service, atmosphere and excellent food. We were not rushed and was able to have wonderful conversations without screaming across the table because of loud music or poor acoustics. Definitely will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLolaTDined on 2/25/2014I took my sister to Zeno Aspen for her birthday dinner. We enjoyed our dinners. The cocktails were tasty. We both had a glass of wine. I'd like to see a more extensive wine by the glass list. Wines that I know. It seems as if many restaurants are offering wines that their guests have never heard of before. The crostada was too sweet, and just a melon ball scoop of icecream. I probably would try lunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chef, service needs attentionWorldtravellerVIPDined on 2/21/2014This was not our first time at Zeno, and we do enjoy the food, though it is very rich and does weigh heavy on you after dinner. But the service was so disappointing. We felt like the waitress and busboy were trained in a coffee shop. This is Aspen so the prices here are high for dining out, so it is not unreasonable to have high expectations for the service, which does effect the overall impression of the experience. Unfortunately, the service here left a bad impression-we had to constantly ask for things, our drinks, bread plates, even to have the table cleaned before dessert was served. This will not be high on the list for another meal. We are locals, and there are choices. Restaurants come and go, and there are standards of expectationsSpecial Features:
- Great new placeJAM1VIPDined on 2/15/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find this place. Could not get other reservations, so we decided to try Zeno. The staff, food, ambiance were all wonderful. We might cancel another reservation this week just to go back!! Near the aspen gondola so lunch with daytime views of the mountain would also be great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great new Italian place in AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2014I was very impressed by Zeno. They are new restaurant and are still working on the menu and cocktail list but what they have so far is superb. The prices aren't too high and the food is extremely well made. They have everything from simple pastas to complex and delicious meat dishes. The service was impeccable...every member of the staff was attentive to us all night. Zeno is an awesome new addition to the Aspen restaurant community!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- User Friendly DiningLocalGuyDined on 2/6/2014Great new addition to the local dining scene. Too often, we struggle to find just one or two dishes of interest on a restaurant menu. Not so with Zeno. The choices were plentiful, but not overwhelming -- from simple soups and pastas to fish, chicken and meat choices -- there's something for everyone. The room was attractive and the wait staff attentive. Our server made helpful but not pushy suggestions that proved right on. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine | Good Food | Quiet SpotKMcWriterVIPDined on 1/30/2014I was visiting Aspen with friends and we hit up Zeno. The wine list was extensive; the food was yummy (a bit on the pricey side); the service was good. The only thing -- it's as if no one knew this restaurant was there. While it was a bit of a snowy night, every other spot we hit up during our trip was bustling/busy. While this meant our service was quick, it was a bit odd to be in a restaurant with only 2 other tables full.Special Features: