Zengo - D.C.
781 7th St. NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Zengo - D.C.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.richardsandoval.com/zengodc
- Phone: 2023932929x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3-8pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-2:30pm;
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00am-3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm; Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am;
Bar/Lounge: Monday - Thursday 3:00pm-11:00pm; Friday & Saturday3:00pm - 2:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Richard Sandoval
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are happy to cater a memorable menu of Chef Richard Sandoval's Latin-Asian cuisine to outside locations.
- Private Party Facilities: Zengo is a sophisticated blend of Latin-Asian styles and flavors. Our beautiful two story building, offers a space full of versatility, with capacity ranging from groups of 10 to 450 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Gabel, Nora Bankert 2023932929x
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR Monday-Saturday from 3-8PM at the bar/lounge.
A word from Zengo - D.C.
Zengo, which translates to "give 'n take", merges flavors of Chef Richard Sandoval's heritage with his passion for Asian cuisine. This melding of flavors and cultures results in intriguing shareable dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zengo - D.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (158)good for groups (118)great for brunch (105)special occasion (88)hot spot (80)vibrant bar scene (54)great for lunch (48)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (38)late-night find (24)notable wine list (12)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very nice!adam71Dined on 8/16/2014The experience was great. When I told our server that we were there for our anniversary, she brought us sparkling wine with dessert, which was appreciated. We'll be back for the late night dancing!Special Features:
- Always a great choiceArlFoodieDined on 8/15/2014The food is consistently delicious and enjoy the cocktail list. One my favorites in dc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegans & meat-eatersMAWGDined on 8/15/2014We had a party of 4, 2 vegans and 2 omnivores. It was Friday morning, and we needed a guaranteed place to eat Friday night. Zengo took reservations. Their food was fantastic; the vegan food had as much thought put into it as did the regular dishes. Highly suggested.Special Features:
- Not like it used to bebblyDined on 8/15/2014I had not been to Zengo's in a long time, it seems that to menu has changed to a point that I will not be returning. There were not enough Asian/Latin fusion choices anymore. I really did not enjoy my food at all the waiter was slow.
- Latin Asian Fusion??BettySoupDined on 8/13/2014As an Asian, the taste is hard to like. It's obviously a popular place, but the food was unimpressive. Server kept up selling me to get something other than tap water.Special Features:
- Great service!LorelaiDined on 8/12/2014Went with a friend for restaurant week. There was a mistake on the menu and the waitress gave us complimentary drinks as a result!Special Features:
- Really good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Entire vegetarian menu & great wait staff.........Special Features:
- ExcellentGoodfoodDined on 8/8/2014Great food. Took my family on vacation, and now one of our favorites. We'll return when back in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Lunch DateLauraVIPDined on 8/5/2014I've been to Zengo numerous times, and love the menu for it's flavorful options. On this recent visit, I joined a friend for lunch. The food was delicious as always, but the service this go around was incredibly slow. It was lunch time, so the slow service was not appreciated. I ordered a tuna and watermelon salad which was light and refreshing along with the spicy miso soup, which I would skip on my next go. My friend had the Cubano sandwhich bento box, and was happy with her dish as well. We shared the Xo edamame, which is a must get! However, the edamame came out after our meal, which was not as we intended. All and all, I'll go back again, with the hope that we get a better server next time.Special Features:
- "Brunching" Foodie FriendsYumsterDined on 8/3/2014We decided to meet our friends here for brunch but had never been to Zengo before. The unlimited drinks with brunch were our selling point. Upon arriving we were seated upstairs. Our table was ready, the decorations were very chic, service was outstanding (props to RedBear), and the drinks were flowing. The food was great for the most part; there were a few dishes I didn't care for. Not terrible, just not my taste. It was very loud inside - great place to meet friends but if you're looking for a romantic spot this isn't it! The empanadas, lobster grits, waffles, egg rolls, plantains, short rib hash and edamame were all outstanding!!!Special Features:
- A Surprise!FussyfoodieDined on 8/2/2014We were looking for a really enjoyable pre-theater meal -- & we found it! The restaurant was quiet enough to have a conversation, but cool enough for all kinds of folks. (Quiet due to early dining-6pm??). Fussy foodie We had a lot of small plates & sushi, all of which were scrumptious & unique. Especially tasty were the vegetarian rolls & the tuna tacos, but everything was great! The service was terrific as well! We are planning lots of return visits & we all (4) would not hesitate to highly recommend Zengo to everyone. Also, the bar scene looked lively by the time we were leaving. Good find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Great variety of eclectic brunch foods. Pretty expensive at $39/each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i enjoy eating at Zengosalipali62Dined on 8/1/2014have eaten at Zengos in NYC and DC. DC is my favorite despite the priciness:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joydcDined on 7/30/2014The food was excellent as was the service. They had a gluten-free menu which was perfect for one of the members of my party. I was hoping for a bit of a calmer experience. I was there with 2 colleagues and at times, it was a bit challenging to hear the conversation. Great for happy hour vibe but not for a serious work discussion.Special Features:
- Doesn't DisappointHStreetYuppieVIPDined on 7/26/2014We've probably come here 4 times now, and the restaurant still doesn't disappoint. It's great for out-of-town guests, and has a little bit for everyone to pick from. We tried the Wagyu beef for the first time and it was delicious. It came with a hot stone to cook the strips of meat on right at our table. Legit.Special Features:
- Best brunch in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014Food is great, drinks are fun. Our waitress was very attentive. Wish they'd bring back the steak and egg tostada, but still great selection. Will def go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Chinatown FindBigWVIPDined on 7/25/2014This place is rapidly becoming my favorite lunch spot in Chinatown. The food is consistently good, with a creative, Asian fusion emphasis. Probably my favorite part of this restaurant is the big, old windows that overlook all the bustle of Chinatown. It has almost a New York vibe sitting near the windows and looking out over the street. Try to get a table near the windows, those tables are the nicest, by far.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/24/2014The food is really good. A bit noisy with the bar scene downstairs, but the food is always good and the service is too. A favorite place to go to with friends.Special Features:
- Always greatRado86Dined on 7/23/2014Hadn't been to Zengo in a while and was reminded how good the food and service are. Had the dim sum platter lunch special which was wonderful and quite a bargain for the amount and quality of the food!Special Features:
- Amazing food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014Exceptional creative menu mingling flavors of Asia and Latin America - delicious drinks too. Really nice decor and great place for parties, a date or just the ultimate foodie experience.Special Features:
- Dynamic foodDCdiningdivaDined on 7/20/2014Me and my girls went to Zengo before a concert. We shared a variety of small plates. Not only was the food fantastic so was the service and our cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loudluvfood27Dined on 7/20/2014The food was alright, not as good as I thought it would be (may be because it was really busy... idk). Too loud inside. The music was a bit too loud, I think, for brunch. We couldn't hear the server even though she seemed to be talking pretty loud and we had to raise our voices to hear each other. I do not think I would come back here.Special Features:
- Bottomless BrunchRRabbsDined on 7/20/2014It is one of the best brunch spots I've dined at in the DC area. You can't beat the price, $35 for all you can eat and all you can drink. You definitely get your moneys worth. The staff was amazing, friendly, fun, and knowledgeable about the menu. They made sure our plates and glasses never went empty. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raised prices and now too expensiveKellDined on 7/20/2014The worst part was the raise in price of the bottomless brunch option which, in my opinion, made the experience not worth it. I wish there was some prior notification or mention by our waitress before we began ordering of the price change.
- Great food!ssheeDined on 7/19/2014Came here for brunch and it was AMAZING! Our waitress was very attentive and the food came out extremely quickly. Thanks for a great time!Special Features:
- A great restaurant is even better!bardophileDined on 7/17/2014I love dining at Zengo before a play at Sidney Harman Hall, and I've always had good meals there. After having not gone in a year or so, I found dinner a couple of nights ago simply outstanding: wonderful and unexpected flavors and textures, wonderful service, all in all a complete pleasure. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great spot for foodies!PghfoodieDined on 7/16/2014We chose Zengo while vacationing in DC and the food and service was outstanding! I highly recommend it to anyone! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud fun deliciousBellevueDinerVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is not the place to go for a quiet drink and conversation. It is loud, with boisterous laughter and thumping music. If you have the right expectations it is a lot of fun. It's not all noise and style however. The service is pretty good and the food is just terrific. Inventive and well prepared small plates. The fusion of Mexican and Asian flavors really works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Bite Became Gourmet DinnerCaliDinerDined on 7/12/2014We stopped in for a quick bite before going to a movie and our dinner was delicious....absolutely gourmet quality fusion food. The tastebuds were happy. Our server was a wonderful woman named Stephanie, and it was her last night on the job before going on maternity leave. She was wonderful, attentive, and we couldn't have been happier at the end of our meal.Special Features:
- Great food, Service okTimDVIPDined on 7/8/2014Zengo was a very good choice for our lunch spot for 6 people. They were quick to seat us and our server was good to begin - then he disappeared. Once food was ordered we only saw him twice. Once because we needed more water (and called him over to our table) and the 2nd to pay the bill. Another server was delivering our food and took better care of our table than our assigned server. But, that didn't destroy the experience. Zengo is one of our faves in DC & we were excited to share it with our friends from out of town. The food didn't disappoint - it was outstanding! We all ordered various menu items and everyone was extremely pleased with their food. We will certainly return!!Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visit!jrizDined on 7/6/2014There is no doubt that Richard Sandoval knows fusion. Zengo combines Latin fare with Asian cuisine styles. A visit will be incomplete without a taste of the Thai Chicken Empanadas and the Angus Beef and Pork Meatballs. A tad pricey, but worth it for an occasional visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This was a great place to bring out of towners for brunch/ lunch! The food was amazing and I never saw the bottom of my mimosa glass :)Special Features:
- Saturday brunchmike11111Dined on 7/5/2014We felt like we got a good deal for a bottomless brunch. Good food and good drinks served liberally.Special Features:
- Amazing every time!paris3087VIPDined on 7/4/2014Zengo is great. The food is amazing, the service was on point, and the drinks were delicious. This was the second time I came here, and it was just as good as the first time I went. If you are looking for unique creations, with a great atmosphere in a energetic neighborhood, then book a table here!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014Had a terrific, relaxed lunch at Zengos the week of July 4. Great food and terrific value for the price. Server was excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing!EtjsingerDined on 6/29/2014I LOVE Zengo! The food is delicious, the service is fantastic, the atmosphere is great, and the drinks are delicious! This is the best brunch in DC, hands-down! I took a friend here who lives out of town, and he has not stopped raving about it since then :) Thank you for such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneBabsDined on 6/28/2014A pleasant surprise with excellent menu and wine selections. Most pleased with the quality and quantity of our food choices. We focused on the small plates and were delighted with each.Special Features:
- Great Place to TryChicchickDined on 6/28/2014The food was amazing. We had this coconut mango/pineapple ceviche and the chicken empanadas - the ceviche tasted so amazing, unique and different - like nothing I've tasted before. So delicious and the noise level was low at around 6:30. It may be louder later but it was pretty nice when we went.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent all around! Rudy was our server and he is the best in the city. Definitely will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch!EFitallDined on 6/28/2014One of the best brunches I've been to in DC. Will definitely be making a return visitSpecial Features: