Zengo - Santa Monica
395 Santa Monica Place #306N
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Zengo - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.richardsandoval.com/zengosm/index.htm
- Phone: 3108991000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Brunch, Saturday and Sunday 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Richard Sandoval
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your exclusive gathering, host lunch, dinner or a cocktail reception in one of Zengo's stunning private event spaces: celebrate in the sophisticated yet upbeat dining room designed by internationally acclaimed AvroKo; the outdoor bar & lounge offers sweeping views of the ocean and Third Street Promendade; our intimate private dining room is lined with bottles from Zengo's collection of Latin and Asian spirits. Zengo accomodates groups of 20 to 225 for private events. Please contact our Private Events Manager or visit www.richardsandoval.com to view special menus and a gallery of photographs.
- Private Party Contact: Kandis Leigh 3108991000
- Entertainment: Live entertainment from LA's top DJ's during Saturday & Sunday brunch from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: The Big Blue Bus and Rapid line both have drop offs in front of the Santa Monica Place at the corner of 4th Street and Broadway.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Structure 7 & 8
Santa Monica Place Mall
Corner of 4th & Broadway
Operates 24 hours daily
First 90 minutes free
$1 for the next hour, $1.50 each add'l 30 min.
$14 maximum daily
A word from Zengo - Santa Monica
Zengo is a sophisticated blend of Latin-Asian styles and flavors. Chef Richard Sandoval, whose accolades include Bon Appétit Restaurateur of the Year and Mexico’s Toque d’Oro, artfully spins Latin-Asian ingredients into beautifully balanced dishes designed for sharing. To complement the cuisine, Zengo offers a collection of regional spirits, including Rums, Cachacas, Tequilas, Sakes and Shochus. The cocktail menu showcases Latin-Asian classics, as well as creative interpretations, made with hand-muddled fruits and herbs. Buen provecho!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Zengo - Santa Monica - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Zengo - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)good for groups (53)scenic view (41)fit for foodies (41)great for brunch (36)special occasion (35)hot spot (26)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (18)late-night find (9)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- GreatAmbienceDined on 10/18/2014I've been going to Zengo for quite some time now, usually to meet friends for brunch. I've only had one bad experience -- due to a new server who wasn't quite the normal Zengo-expert. This last visit was to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Our server, Mr. Jones, was on point and very nice.Special Features:
- Boozy BrunchFoodFunDined on 10/12/2014Good place for a group brunch that includes all you can eat (tapas style) for two hours. All you can drink (select beverages only). I found the drinks to be kind of weak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, courteous staffMmmFoodDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I have been here for the brunches which a wonderful. We typically sit outside so we can enjoy the buzz/view of 3rd Street Promenade. We came here for dinner the other night and loved it just as much. The outdoor patio is romantic and quiet. The food was very good and our waiter checked often to see if he could refill our drinks. Overall great experience!Special Features:
- My Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Decided to celebrate my birthday at Zengo. I have been here a few times with co-workers and we sat outside, three levels above Third Street Promenade and enjoyed the view. When we ordered, it becamen apparent that a lot more food was vailable than I originally suspected. Zengo features Latin-Asian fusion tapas. For instance a Thai Chicken Empanada. They can all be ordered ala carte, but they also offer a couple of all-you-can eat options. Everyone in our group opted for the all-you-can tapas. Our server, who was very nice, offered to send out a mixture of items, which we agreed to. Then the food started coming out nonstop. Rather than just tapas, we got sushi, stir fried rice and more.Special Features:
- Rooftop Patio, Romantic InexpensiveAAAAADined on 10/2/2014Rooftop patio is very romantic and nice. Romantic environment at night. Outdoor seating and relatively inexpensive.Special Features:
- BeautifulMichalleDined on 9/27/2014Beautiful bar and restaurant. Brunch is the best time to come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experience!Servando99Dined on 9/12/2014Zengo offers a unique dining experience with food variety for everyone from vegetarians to carnivores as well as sushi lovers. The special pricing on all-you-can-order-and-drink is really special and let's your party try out virtually everything on the menu for 2-hours. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting fusion cuisineMsPeppersVIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I dined at Zengo for dinner. There is an outside dining patio as well as a large inside space with views of the shopping center. The food is Mexican-Asian fusion with a mainly tapas menu and about 7 or 8 traditional entree offerings. We opted to try the tapas and enjoyed most of them. Our favorites were the Thai chicken empanadas (3), the Chinese broccoli (actually broccolini) and the bay scallop ceviche which was spicy. The duck confit tacos were disappointing - the duck was not flavorful and the taco "shell" was kind of like rice paper and did not pair well. We tried the Angry Zengo sushi roll which was okay - nothing special and on the tiny size. The wines were a bit overpriced with glasses in the $12 range.Special Features:
- Bestie Dinner DateDinnerDateHappyDined on 9/5/2014Had a dinner date with my Bestfriend here on a Friday night. Thought it would be crowded but it seemed to be roomy and comfortable. Seating was comfortable,except for the table being a little close to the fire pit. Food was delicious we had the endless small plates option,Thai Chicken Empanadas-unbelievable. I don't even eat chicken regularly,changed my mind then. Ambiance is laid back it's a little loud as it's near the promenade,they close a little early and our server was nice and knowledgeable,no writting down of orders necessary. Only surprise was when we got the bill,our server told us that the endless was a good option to share but not that he would charge us for two endless options but no biggie. P.S. Mango Lemonade-Amazeballs!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014Very disappointed in my current meal to previous meals at the Denver locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchers BewareilovezengoDined on 8/31/2014I made my reservation for 3:00pm (like I have before) for unlimited brunch. I confirmed my reservation before driving an hour to the restaurant. As I was parking, I got a call asking if I was coming. I said yes (again) and was told that if I did keep my spot I would have to order a la carte which defeated the whole purpose. I decided to just go to the hostess as I was so close and she said the same thing. After picking up a brunch menu and pointing out the times that qualify I was asked to wait. Eventually I was seated and we got the unlimited brunch. I love this place and it was sad that I was stressed out and felt VERY unwelcome while eating. Our server was wonderful but the vibe was not friendly. Why the last minute changes?Special Features:
- Vibrant BrunchAdriDined on 8/31/2014We dined at Zengo for Sunday Brunch during labor day weekend. Through Open Table, we were able to get a reservation at 1230 on the rooftop... it was very hip/chic. There was even a DJ providing great music to vibe to. Our glasses were kept full and the food was delicious. The location at 3rd street promenade was absolutely perf. Would def recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JinLADined on 8/29/2014Food was pretty good and no significant comments. Kind of a gimmicky mall spot and the food felt a little cheap.
- MarymonDined on 8/27/2014Have eaten at Zengo's several times and have been satisfied with the food. However, the selections that I and my guests had at this last visit was not at par. Perhaps this was the cook's day off!
- service needs workRobertDined on 8/23/2014No person was at hostess stand for over 2 minutes, hostess stand had wet rag laying on place where you walk up, restaurant had no wine glasses available, one eventually provided was very dirty, waiter's english was poor. Restaurant not that busy, so no excuse. Food was excellent.
- Bro2Dined on 8/22/2014Had to insist they check for seats on patio after they told me they couldn't accommodate us there. We looked and there were SEVEN NON RESERVED AND AVAILABLE TABLES AND SEVERAL AVAILABLE BAR SEATS. They simply were too lazy to check and had just uttered the standard line. Unnecessary and unprofessional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchJoyceDined on 8/17/2014We had brunch at Zengos and were very pleased with the food and service. the music was a bit loud for us. Overall excellent.Special Features:
- Great BrunchrenzaeDined on 8/17/2014They had a great Sunday brunch deal. Small plates, mimosas, overlooking the ocean. The service was great; they were busy but took care of our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DirtyDining101Dined on 8/7/2014Tables were dirty, couches were dirty and stained, bathroom had no toilet paper. If this is a night spot, the management should clean up afterward, get the restaurant ready for day time diners and not leave it a mess from the night before. The food was okay but I doubt I'll be back when there are many other options in the neighborhood who take care of their restaurants.Special Features:
- localresidentDined on 8/1/2014Some very unusual but tasty mixes of Asian and Latin cuisine, though a bit pricey by the time you eat enough to fill up. Restaurant is very large, so tables are usually available even on short notice. Those tend to be inside because the outside deck, with the view of the Promenade, fills up quickly. But still a nice setting with a low noise level. The setting, unusual food and near-certain availability of tables make it a favorite for us to take visitors from out of town.Special Features:
- never disappointsluv2dineDined on 7/29/2014always good!! the service is great - the cocktails are delicious - happy hour menu is great - dinner menu is varied and I've never had a bad meal in the four times I've been.Special Features:
- Good food, great deal, fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/28/2014I'm not an all-you-can-eat type, but the $49pp endless small plates/cocktails is a great deal. We weren't sure if it would be a good value, but once we started adding up the plates and drinks we decided to go for it. We had a sushi roll, a ceviche, fried rice, chicken empanadas, a fried eggplant ravioli, brussel sprouts, and a couple of things I can't remember, plus a cocktail and 3 glasses of wine each over a couple of hours. The wine was good and all the food was high quality, which you wouldn't normally expect for "endless." Even individually, the items were well priced. The restaurant is beautiful and the patio is large. The server was great, very patient explaining the concept and dishes, even to some children sitting near us.Special Features:
- we love zengoArrchurroDined on 7/27/2014its hard to get a sunday brunch that expands greater than scrambled eggs and potatoes. Zengo is the place, such a great deal and the service is amazing. tapas makes it easy to share and the food and drinks come out right away. we had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Dine LA ExperienceantoinettekundaDined on 7/26/2014Really enjoyed most of the food - had some really good combinations of spices and flavors. Very hard to find but worth the effort. And then of course Santa Monica on a Saturday night traffic (both vehicle and pedestrian) was a nightmare. Will go again because of the food & atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best deal in SoCalMoosemanVIPDined on 7/25/2014What can you say about a restaurant that serves delicious, creative Latin/Asian fusion food, with friendly and efficient service, overlooking the Santa Monica mall from the outside deck? You can say "It's terrific!" Then, add the unlimited small plates on the DineLA menu (also brunch on the weekend) for $35 per person, and you simply have the best combination of food, service, locale and price in all of SoCal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicecrystalDined on 7/25/2014The service was excellent. The waiter was friendly and the woman with him was too. The manager came to the table after the meal and was very gracious. It was my friends birthday and we were given the cake, which was delicious, for free. Nice touch! I have frequented a restaurant on numerous occasions for years and was never given anything for free by the owner who knows me by name. I don't go as often. We tried as many item on the menu as we could and would have liked to try more. We liked almost everything and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad quality foodAmineDined on 7/24/2014The food wasn't tasty. Sushi tempura cold. We ordered several small plates but nothing was good... The service was nice and friendly.Special Features:
- Great Dine LA experience 7-23-14OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014I went with my husband and son and we were all pleasantly surprised for the choices and the quality of dishes. Service and the ambience were also excellent. We chose indoor and it felt so open, airy and comfortable. Their outdoor space looks wonderful if you don't mind the heart.Special Features:
- Great lunch!SherryVIPDined on 7/23/2014Had a best friend in town and we chose to lunch on the deck! Great food, excellent!! The DineLA bento box special was simply fabulous!!Special Features:
- Food not up to parAm1LAVIPDined on 7/21/2014I was excited by the all you can eat small plates, but the food was not up to par. Every dish had a slightly sweet flavor and was very boring. The restaurant is beautiful though and service was good.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014We tried 6 or 7 small plates (which actually are not too small). Each was perfectly prepared, creative and delicious. The waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Delicious!Reviewer1000VIPDined on 7/20/2014We tried it during Dine La week, they offered a great deal: many varieties for an amazing price, we loved everything we tried. For sure we will be backSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food!fatnhappyDined on 7/18/2014The service was really great! Came a little late due to some minor traffic in Santa Monica but still was seated around 10-15 min. And after that it was all about the food. My friends and I went there for the DineLa Restaurant Week and it was unlimited seafood for $35, so we came hungry. We were just destroying plate after plate after plate and the service didn't show any signs of slowing down. They had great cocktails and refills were on time. No one really felt left out during the dinner and all the food was pretty spot on. And it is also a great spot to be for dinner since afterwards we were able to walk around Santa Monica and experience a little night life. Overall great place for dinner and would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Treated my friend for lunch on her birthday . A small chocolate cake and ice cream was brought to her gratis. Nice touch. The dine LA menu was very good.Special Features:
- DineLA dealwendy14Dined on 7/16/2014To celebrate a friend's birthday, we selected Zengo dining for dinner. The all-you-can-eat small plates menu worked well for our group. We tried almost all the different small plates. Favorites were: wings, Manchego mashed potatoes, and the pork ribs. The only drawback with the dining was the timing of some of the plates. We had mashed potatoes without anything to go with them because the ribs and the wings arrived either way before or way after the potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer serviceMorenaDined on 7/16/2014Our server forgot one of my orders and when I asked for it again it was brought to me right away meaning that the food was just sitting in the kitchen. I ordered the fried shrimp buns, which are fried so, the taste was not great once it got to my table. Also, the server forgot my boyfriend's order of empanadas and he was sitting for a while without any food waiting for the empanadas until we had to remind the server of it. The server was nice it's just that he forgot our orders twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itmmcflyDined on 7/15/2014Great find! I will definitely be coming back here. Was surprised how good asian-fusion style food tasted. I loved that the DineLA menu was tapas style. Besides the food, the service was great. Only felt ignored when it came time to pay for the check but its probably because it looked like we were still eating (we definitely ordered with our eyes).Special Features:
- dinela weekOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014was here for lunch during dinela week and got the bentobox - great value for the money and so delishhhh :) happy customer!!!! and their lunch ends at 4pm. yay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO UNLIMITED!!!!mikes4himDined on 7/14/2014I came to Zengo for a business dinner and we had a magnificent time! My colleague and I both got the unlimited zengo which we were able to have unlimited small plates, and unlimited drinks! We enjoyed so many of the options and drank several margaritas and had some excellent wine! WE sat outside and had a lovely meeting. It was not too loud to have a conversation and we were able to eat some wonderful food, enjoy some great drinks and we laughed the night away (it may have been the margaritas....) All in all, we LOVED the spicy Guacamole and the Brussel Sprouts. Everything was so good though, so you cannot go wrong. If you are in Santa Monica, you should check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantBerryVIPDined on 7/8/2014We have been to Zengo many times since they opened and we love it! The fusion menu is creative and tasty and they have great cocktails. My favorite small plate is the Thai Chicken Empanadas and the Prickly Pear Caipirinha is a yummy drink. We have always had good service at Zengo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.