Zendo Asian Bistro and Lounge
25 Shipyard Drive
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Zendo Asian Bistro and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zendobistro.com/
- Phone: 7817498484
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Zendo Asian Bistro and Lounge
Zendo carefully melds the finest tastes and styles that traditional Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese cuisines have to offer into original fusion dishes created by its renowned chefs using only the freshest materials. Our executive chef has 25 years of experience and has trained and worked in Hong Kong, Japan and Vietnam. Dine at the Sushi bar or be entertained at the Teppan-yaki counters and watch our chefs prepare your food to your delight! Hibachi grills provide the thrill of watching experienced chefs in action. Equally impressive, Zendo carries full bar with a fine selection of wine, beer and premium liquor. Come to Zendo to introduce your sense to a satisfying and savoring dining experience! FOR TEPPANYAKI TABLES PLEASE CONTACT THE RESTAURANT. ONLINE RESERVATIONS CANNOT BE MADE FOR THE TEPPANYAKI TABLES.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zendo Asian Bistro and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Decent SushiSaulDined on 9/6/2014Good sushi for the South Shore. Decent all around meal to price value. Nothing to write home - or rave about.
- Not happyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/15/20141. My husband ordered shrimp tempura and when it came he said something to the waitress that it wasn't tempura. He found out that it was panko breading which is misleading when you order tempura. My husband said it didn't taste very good. He took off the breading to eat the shrimp because he was hungry. 2. I asked for the gluten free menu to find out that some of the items on the menu are not gluten free. Such as the wanton chips that go with the tuna appetizer. When I asked why they were on the menu they said it was an error. Having food sensitivities or allergies is very serious and they should never put things on the gf menu if they are not safe. Also, they had gf tempura items that also were on the list that were not gf.
- JabJab8386VIPDined on 5/31/2014Always enjoy dining at Zendo. Our server recommended a new sushi on the menu and it was fantastic!Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the Zendo Asian Bistro and Lounge reviews archive.
- great experiencesushiloverDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed the food. I am a sushi lover and everything was very fresh. Nice atmosphere. Nice selection of cold sake.will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shushi @ CocktailsLeeLeeVIPDined on 4/4/2014We frequent this place for yummy sushi and fun cocktails. The staff is great: First the waitress mistakenly spilled a little water and was quick to clean it up and then my 10-year-old spilled his water and they were good about cleaning it up.Special Features:
- Great service, good food,CohassetcookDined on 3/22/2014Great service, good food, convenient location, good hours , never have to wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun cocktails and yummy sushiLeeLeeVIPDined on 3/9/2014We stopped by for an early Sunday dinner and were pleasantly surprised by the fun decor, creative cocktails and very yummy sushi. We will be back!Special Features:
- awesome as usuallisaDined on 3/8/2014Absolutely love this restaurant. Have been there many times and am never disappointed. Some of the best sushi on the south shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff are ghostsKatieHDined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation to take my bride there on Valentine's Day. We showed up a little early and were seated right away. And then we sat there, for 20 minutes before anyone came to the table. We our waitress finally showed up, we ordered a drink and an appetizer to share; 10 more minutes went by before the drinks came to us. When she brought the drinks, she took our order. Much to our surprise, the entrees came in 10 minutes - but no appetizer. When I told (the food runner) we were expecting an appetizer first, he said, "Oh, let me check on that." No appetizer ever came. We ate our meal but never did our waitress return - not once. I actually had to get up and find our waitress just to get our check. She said, 'sorry we're very busy!'
- Upscale Asian BistroFatCatDined on 2/14/2014Have eaten here a number of times and the food is very good. Drinks are a bit pricey, but well made. Most recent experience was on Valentine's Day and while we were seated right away (with reservations), it was very busy and service was very slow. Waitress was a bit confused about some menu items. She may have been new and seemed a bit overwhelmed. Otherwise, a very good experience and will return. Also very convenient for after the movies in Hingham Shipyard.Special Features:
- Christmas EvechristmasDined on 12/24/2013Very Clean. Small portions - mixed reviews by patrons in our party of nine. Table was ready. Would like a round table. Drinks were missing, service was slow. Staff very polite and accommodating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMaryBob76Dined on 12/24/2013This was our first time at this restaurant and it won't be our last. The food was delicious and the service superb. The chicken filled lettuce wraps were so tasty and the sauce they came with was perfection. My daughter declared the sushi roll one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xmas partyluv2eatDined on 12/12/2013We had our work xmas party and the atmosphere was classy and the food was fantastic. The waitress we had was unbelievable, and the place was immaculate. some people were skeptical they wouldn't like the food, but it was great!!!!!!!! couldn't say enough!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zendo StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Excellent food. Service out of the kitchen, and for drinks, was slow.Special Features:
- Too quiet, but great sushiToastygrrlDined on 11/13/2013I went there on an off time (1pm), I guess, or maybe people just don't go there for lunch. Either way, we were the ONLY table in the whole restaurant. The sushi was still excellent, but it was a little creepy without anyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time toBrady2003Dined on 11/1/2013This was our first time to Zendo and we will definitely be back. The good was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited an hour and a half!MarsarellaDined on 10/14/2013I'd remembered from a previous trip that service is friendlier if you have a reservation. Our table of 5 was one of three reservations, and there were 3 more tables seated around the same time. Our reservation was for 6 and we were seated promptly. The edamame we ordered to appease the kids a while came out quickly and we placed our dinner orders within 5 or 10 mins, but from there it went downhill. My sushi entree arrived along with my husband's soup at 7 with no mention of the other two adults' entrees. The kids were falling apart by 7:20 so we asked server to have our dinners directly packaged to go. Upon arriving home to eat cold leftovers, we found the ginger sauce had a ton of MSG. The Spicy Madness was spicy but boring.
- I'd Go BackKMBrowserDined on 10/5/2013Zendo is In a suburban area that is saturated with top notch Asian restaurants. Standing out from the crowd is not always easy. Zendo has a convenient location if one is in the area. It has: upscale, creative, tasty, Asian food; a pleasant, enjoyable, ambiance and bar area; and good, friendly service. I'd have no hesitation about visiting again if I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, accomodating staffTheresaDined on 10/5/2013The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great place to dineAlanDined on 9/11/2013I've been to this restaurant a few times, both for lunch and dinner. They have quality food and the server is attentive although if you sit outside sometimes it can be slower. This is a mid priced restaurant but the dish has good portion so you won't be disappointed. The interesting thing is that although this restaurant is right next to a movie theater and in the Hingham Shipyard but it's never busy, during the week day the most I see are ten tables. I have never dined there during the weekend so can't comment on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, but theWIREDined on 9/7/2013Food was excellent, but the service really suffered. Maybe they were understaffed for the evening, but after a prompt seating everything was in slow motion.
- Overall great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2013Extensive menu, great drinks , enjoyable atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find!4ktsmomDined on 8/3/2013I made reservations at Zenda mid-afternoon on a Saturday for dinner later that evening. We opted to sit outside since it was a beautiful night. Our food was the best any of the four of us had had in quite some time. One person in our party had sushi as his entree, I had a beef dish, another person had a chicken dish and the fourth had peking duck. Each of us commented throughout the evening how tremendous the food was. Our server was lovely, making recommendations and providing explanations when asked. She also recognized we would linger a bit, so she was great about not rushing us through the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!!!Vtnguyen2Dined on 8/2/2013Great sushi, great service! I really don't have anything bad to say about this place. The people that work here are great and the food is so delicious and fresh! The scenery outdoors is beautiful. You really can't go wrong coming here whether if it's a group dinner or a date...I recommend it all my friends and family to come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprise!NTMCDined on 7/14/2013Zendo is RIGHT next door to the movie theater in the Shipyard which I hadn't realized when I made reservations. This worked out very well for us as we finished our meal with only ten mins before the start of our movie and still made it in time to watch two previews. The food was great, although on a Sunday for lunch they seemed to do more take out than actual seatings (we were the only group there for lunch). The server was wonderful, the food was great and the place was very quiet and comfortable. I'm sure on a Friday or Saturday night it might be a bit wilder but still worth it for the yummy food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey..IlovefoodDined on 7/5/2013The food I had was great, but it was a little bit more expensive than I had anticipated. My main entree was a sushi roll and it cost over $15. The roll was great, but I don't think it should have cost more than $15. I have been to several other locations that serve this roll (or something similar) and it doesn't cost more than $15. The service was great, the food was phenomenal & the overall ambience was relaxing. I'd definitely go back again, but for a special occasion. With only 1 alcoholic beverage each, an appetizer to share, a main entree for each with a side of rice & a shared dessert, the bill should not have been $90+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ZendoScottRosenthalVIPDined on 7/4/2013I've been here a number of times. Always a table available and smiling faces to greet you. Very consistent with service and quality.Special Features:
- Nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2013The service and ambiance are great. The food was good except the rice on the sushi was too mushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013Brought the fam here for father's day! It was recommended by a great person whom I trust with food recommendations. Overall sat outside on a gorgeous day, waitresses were very polite and attentive. Orders for food came out quickly and hot. It was good to see my folks smile and enjoy a evening dining out by the water. Overall good place and definitely will be back. Plus walhburger and alma nova are around the corner as well as the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roomy with charming ambienceSouthShoreDenizenVIPDined on 5/24/2013This pan-Asian fusion restaurant might seem a tad pricier than some other Asian ones but has very classy ambience with a high ceiling, lighting that you need to remember your eyeglasses to read the menu, and tables spread out for privacy. It is never crowded and you seem to always to be able to get a table. I moved here from New York and find it has a very high standard. Which reminds me that the cosmos seem doubly strong. Two will have walking like a sailor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodDaveVIPDined on 5/5/2013Zendo is always dependable - they always offer fresh Asian cuisine in a very lively atmosphere. It is THE place to go before or after a movie next door or just stop by of you are in the wonderful Hingham shipyard . Very helpful , knowledgable servers make this a truly great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi and cookedJoeyVIPDined on 3/23/2013Excellent sushi and cooked seafood. Great service.Special Features:
- Can't say enough about Zendo.ScottRosenthalVIPDined on 3/21/2013Can't say enough about Zendo. The food and staff are awesome!Special Features:
- Even better the second time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013It's been almost a year since my fiance' and I last ate at Zendo and I truly don't know why it's taken so long for us to return. Everything about this restaurant is amazing; the fast service, the delicious and fairly priced food, the ambiance and environment. It was Valentine's day yet the place wasn't jam packed. We were seated very quickly, greeted by our server, Bonnie, in under a minute for our drink order. Bonnie was very helpful and knowledgeable and was able to answer several questions that my fiance' had regarding some of the seafood dishes. Both of our dishes, the XO Seafood and Sesame Chicken were on our table in what seemed like only a few minutes! Both were hot, fresh and delicious. Everyone needs to visit Zendo at least once.Special Features:
- Very nice resataurant, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Very nice resataurant, service was a bit slow, room temperature was very low - actually quite cold; no bread served with the meal; food was excellent.
- Great Job Maria and Hung Le!!!!DaveVIPDined on 2/10/2013The Food at Zendo is always wonderful - the servers are all knowledgable and often have recommended many great dishes each time we dine there.Special Features:
- Very reliable Asian fare...nothingBx2BostonVIPDined on 2/2/2013Very reliable Asian fare...nothing outstanding, but very good. Very serviceable...convenient to movie theatre...nice atmosphere and good service. Have been several times and will return again and again.Special Features:
- I love that they have a separateKim1Dined on 1/26/2013I love that they have a separate vegetarian/vegan menu with SO MANY options. I really wish I lived closer but everything about this place is fabulous!Special Features:
- Freshest SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/12/2013A little history, I've been to every Nobu in the US, Tao in NYC and Vegas. I've also been to Oishi, Empire and Oya in Boston. I'm only saying that bc I would really put the freshness of the Sushi up against any of them. We did not have any of the Chinese dishes. Only sushi dishes We started with Lychee Martinis. Very good if you like strong drinks. Then we had crab rangoons. Very good. Yellow tail jalepeno, so so fresh. Delicious and thick sliced. Melted in my mouth. Tuna Tartar with avocado. A lot of Tuna that again just melted in our mouths. Then I had an avocado crab salad but I asked to add salmon. Awesome to me bc I love spicy mayo salads. Worth getting. Then I got a dragon roll with eel. Awesome eel. Had 2 other rolls. bill $113Special Features:
- This place is fabulous!! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012This place is fabulous!! The service is attentive and friendly and the food is great!!Special Features: