ZEN on Ten
1000 Northside Drive
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
ZEN on Ten
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zenontenatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048790999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Executive Chef: Ratana Ping
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call us for any of your catering needs.
A word from ZEN on Ten
Located in Midtown, Atlanta on Northside Drive and Tenth Street, Zen on Ten Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar offers the finest Thai, Chinese, Asian Fusion and Japanese Cuisine in the city. Enjoy the warm, cozy, and inviting atmosphere of our dining room or relax and meet a new friend at our sleek and elegant bar. We're quickly being recognized as serving some of the freshest and most creative sushi in Atlanta. You won't find more authentic and flavorful Thai food anywhere in the area and our exotic drink menu will please even the most sophisticated of taste buds. Zen on Ten is the perfect spot for your next date, business lunch or party. Come to Zen on Ten and relax in our contemporary and trendy ambiance, while satisfying all of your senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ZEN on Ten reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fair to goodOysterDined on 6/14/2014The place was empty on a Saturday night. This was disappointing because being the only people there made us uncomfortable. It also made the minimalist and industrial decor seem very cold. The food and service were good but I don't think we'll be going back. There was nothing special or exciting to make us go out of our was to return. For us, this was an excursion out of our way to try something new that had received excellent reviews. Those reviews seemed exaggerated now.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014The sushi was OK, but the service was very odd. They were 'reworking' the wine list and ourt of everything but two wines - neither very good. Won't go back.
- Last minute lunch meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Me and my team of 10 had catering plans fall through. We booked via Open Table an hour before seating. From sit down to check everything was great. We were quickly seated, questions answered and orders taken. Staff was attentive but not intrusive. Atmosphere was inviting. Food hit the spot for all. Everyone enjoyed their meals - even the least adventurous eaters among the group. Held a 60 min. meeting in 20 min.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serverSushiFansDined on 3/15/2014Go for the food and hope you don't get our waiter. Brought the wrong drink, argued it was right, spilled sauce on the last of our edamame with no offer to replace, no personality. Atmosphere was okay. We ate early before a show. Few customers. Cooks and servers hanging out at the bar watching a strange movie on the bar tv and talking loudly. Would go again and hope for a betterf experience because of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zen on Ten, I'd do it again!SouthernFoodieDined on 2/14/2014Zen was such an enjoyable restaurant. It was very easy to make reservations, even on Valentine's Day. The owner was most personable and very entertaining. He set the tone for a pleasant dining experience. The food was superb and quite flavorful! At a glance, it just apears to be "a restaurant on the corner"....but once inside, the real discovery begins. Very well embellished and warming. Vacation-like feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experienceDecaturDinerDined on 2/14/2014Do not go here. Terrible service. Seriously, I was shocked.
- Great Lunch SpotMomof2Dined on 12/23/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Sushi was very good, and I am very picky when it comes to sushi. The restaurant seemed clean and wait staff was attentive.Special Features:
- First Time... Not My LastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2013The panang curry is good with good heat. I would recommend it as well as the spring rolls. My pink lemonade martini was nice and strong.Special Features:
- The food was really delicious.lurefishVIPDined on 11/18/2013The food was really delicious. Loved the gyoza and the sashimi appetizer, and spicy tuna roll! The service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only had an 86 health rating,happyVIPDined on 8/17/2013only had an 86 health rating, would not eat sushi with that score.
- LovelyArtspatronDined on 6/8/2013I brought a group of nine to zen on ten. Everyone enjoyed the food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good sushi and Thai restaurantJohnVIPDined on 2/24/2013Very good sushi and Thai restaurant on the west side of Georgia Tech. Hard to rate crowd and noise early on a quiet Sunday evening. Waitor was enthusiastic amateur but the owner was very friendly. The food - sushi and Thai - was very good, large portions, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great Food - Service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Went on Valentines Evening prior to basketball game at GT. Location was convienent, parking was great. We had early reservations. Not many people there but only one waitperson. Took a long time to get drink orders. They did not have the wine we selected. One person in the group ordered a martini. It showed up about the same time as the main course. Once we were finally served, the food was great! But the service put a real damper on the evening. This weas my first visit, and we will try it again in hopes that the lack of service was a fluke.
- We were there very early becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2012We were there very early because we were grabbing a bite to eat before theater so it wasn't noisy at all. Service was excellent, food was excellent, and everyone was very friendly.
- EAT HERE ASAP!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012This is an AMAZING place! It's so great that my aunt and mom, who were skeptical about it in the first place, can't wait to go back. My aunt is excited and says she wants to go for her birthday. I had a party of 15 for my birthday, and the owner, bartender, and waitress were more than accommodating when they stayed and kept the restaurant open an hour and a half after closing, just for me! The food was beyond expectations. Everything I ordered and all that my friends and family ordered was delicious. The drinks were great. The service was quick and nothing came back incorrectly or improperly made. I swear this restaurant is the epitome of perfection. This place deserves to be much more popular. Go there!Special Features:
- I reserved a table for 8 withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012I reserved a table for 8 with my coworkers at lunchtime last week, and ZEN on Ten had no trouble accommodating us, because the restaurant was completely empty.They allowed us to have separate checks -- nice -- but the waiter was visibly annoyed when asked.I try to stay within the guidelines of a Paleo (paleolithic) diet, and there is a CrossFit gym right next door to this place. So I popped my head in and asked the trainer on duty what she recommended to eat at ZEN on Ten.She told me that the only foods they offered that were within the Paleo guidelines are chicken skewers and lettuce wraps, so that's what I ordered.The wraps were decent, but the skewers were overcooked. With tap water, my bill came to $19 w/ tip. Ripoff.
- great food. Overall, I foundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012great food. Overall, I found it to be a bit overpriced.
- Perfect Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012I've been several times before. Went on a Tuesday night. They could not find my reservation, but there was plenty of space for my birthday party of 10, so we were seated right away. Our table was right by the window and front doors, which was great for the view, as well as made it easy for my straggling guests to come in and spot us, right away. The food was excellent! I tried the "Yummy Roll" for the 1st time and it was a hit with everyone. The service was very good as well. It was like a private party, without paying to rent the place out! This was the first time, most of my guests had dined there and almost everyone loved the food and whole experience. It is one of my favorite spots, so I will certainly be back again.Special Features:
- Been here a few times whenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2012Been here a few times when going out and I have not been disappointed yet.Special Features:
- I've dined at Zen on 10 manyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2012I've dined at Zen on 10 many times. Lately I've noticed that food isn't as good as it once was. The food and service was average at best. The drinks were so bad that we sent them back. I will dine there again but not as often:
- Some of the best Thai I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012Some of the best Thai I've had in Atlanta, especially for such good prices. Also our waitress and the manager of the restaurant were extremely nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Although getting our firstCathyVIPDined on 6/15/2012Although getting our first round of drinks took way too long, we think it was the bar staff's fault. Our waitress did a fine job, and checked on us often without being intrusive. Excellent appetizers and sushi.Special Features:
- Great food! We love the spioyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/13/2012Great food! We love the spioy basil fried rice. They have a nice, extensive drink menu but the actual drinks are hit or miss. We've been several times and it's never too crowded. The owner and servers are friendly.Special Features:
- Unbelievably fresh and VERYNicknameVIPDined on 4/25/2012Unbelievably fresh and VERY GOOD food. I love this place!Special Features:
- The thai was good. The sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2012The thai was good. The sushi roll that was ordered was not very flavorful. Would give it another shot to decide.
- Great little Asian fusion spotDrewVIPDined on 4/6/2012First time here, was surprisingly impressed with the food and service. Atmosphere was also nice, place is well decorated. Only thing that was off were the drinks, they were pretty bad. We tried two of their signature drinks and they just weren't good at all. Could just be an off night for the bartender maybe.Special Features:
- Fresh and very good food.NicknameVIPDined on 3/16/2012Fresh and very good food. Turning into a regular lunch place for me.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a great night atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2012We enjoyed a great night at ZEN on Ten. All the staff were really friendly and greeted us when we walked in (even the sushi chefs). We ordered from the sushi menu & their sushi is up there with MF. I would definitely recommend the Shrimp Extreme Roll. Our server was great and he checked on us often to see if we needed anything. They had a band singing cover songs which we enjoyed too.Special Features:
- Great Sushi, great prices,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Great Sushi, great prices, and great drinks! I love the ambiance!Special Features:
- An Old Friend for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2012Love this restaurant! Live acoustic guitar on Fridays, live piano on Saturdays, servers who enjoy their work, and an owner to makes you feel like you're an old friend who's coming for dinner...again, I say, "Love this restaurant!"Special Features:
- Took my girlfriend to ZenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Took my girlfriend to Zen on Ten for Valentine's Day and can say it was a good call. Food and service was great and in the perfect portion size with the price but was exceeded by the outstanding service. They even took the small detail to how they served the wine and food with also a two small chocolate hearts set on the table for the occasion.Special Features:
- I was VERY happy and impressedNicknameVIPDined on 2/3/2012I was VERY happy and impressed with the food. Great location. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fist time dining at this restaurantTom42VIPDined on 1/27/2012Fist time dining at this restaurant and we definitely will go back. Food was wonderful!
- As we have a five year old,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2012As we have a five year old, we eat early, usual 5:30-6, so the place was very quiet. Both my wife and daughter loved their sushi rolls and were very happy with the meal.We'd go back if ever in Atlanta again.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Tom and his team did an excellent job. The food was wonderful and service was excellent. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- I took my sister out for herOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011I took my sister out for her birthday along with a group of girlfriends. The wait staff along with the sushi chef was awesome. They were soooo accommodating, polite and made the night perfect. I would recommend this spot as one where you'd want to take a group of friends for a good time, as well as a romantic spot for couples. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful and immaculate!!!!Special Features:
- The food and the ambianceWillDined on 12/7/2011The food and the ambiance was great. The waiter was very familiar with the menu and gave great food recommendations. This is a spot I will visit again.Special Features:
- creepy duo playing when weOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/19/2011creepy duo playing when we went in... almost turned around and left...
- Zen-Oct11VegasTimVIPDined on 10/24/2011Food was very good as was the service. Didn't know it was Karaoke night or I would have picked somewhere else. Will definitely go back though. Sushi rolls were quite good.Special Features:
- Can't Go WrongOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011I'm biased because I've known the owner for many years, but Zen on Ten is great! You can't go wrong with either side of the menu -- the sushi is great, and the Thai food is delicious! If you go for dinner, make sure to try one of the specials. I don't believe I've ever ordered and entree from the menu and have never been disappointed.Special Features: