Zen - Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
1500 Masters Blvd
Champions Gate, FL 33896Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Zen - Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/OrlandoChampionsGate/Dining.aspx
- Phone: 4072386561
- Hours of Operation:
Serving dinner nightly from 6:00pm to10:00 pm. Check Open Table for availability.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Xiong Tang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private spaces for 6 to 20 guests. Event space available for up to 160 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Burns (407)238-6517x
A word from Zen - Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
ZEN offers a range of Pan-Asian dishes in an authentic setting highlighted by an intimate three-tiered Sushi and Sake Bar. From Boats of Sushi to ZEN’s special Szechwan Beef, your experience will be anything but typical.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Zen - Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate - Best Restaurants in Champions Gate ›
Zen - Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)special occasion (14)romantic (11)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014We went here when on vacation and everyone in our group ordered a different sushi. The sushi was fresh and delicious. Our waiter took great car of us and made sure we had everything we needed. We ordered a bottle of saki, and because we had never had it before they let us sample it before purchasing the whole bottle. Great experience! Must Try!!!Special Features:
- A pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014Excellent Food & Service Be prepared for families and children on WeekendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodEatMeatVIPDined on 6/25/2014Ate at Zen for the second time on our trip. Everything was great. Had some sushi and also hot entrees so everyone had options. Of course would recommend and go back when I get to Florida again.Special Features:
- Ate here twiceEatMeatVIPDined on 6/24/2014Really liked Zen - ate there twice during my stay at the Omni. Great standards and really nice specialty items. Recommend.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNJBasedVIPDined on 6/21/2014The tasting menu is a great way to try multiple menu options - it was just my wife and I on this visit and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. It would be even more fun with another couple(s). You can pick as many of the menu options as desired and re-order any that are favorites. A fun dining experience.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu ExtraveganzaManny32VIPDined on 5/23/2014Great Tasting Menu _ Highly recommended. You can try anything on the Tasting Menu Unlimited Quantities for $61! Great Selection! I did find most of the food did have a lot of salt. So its probably not good for you but I do think the sampler option is the best way to go.Special Features:
- Zen was fairKathyVIPDined on 5/14/2014At upscale hotel Omni at Championsgate, you would expect their premier restaurant to be much better. Zen was fair at best. Nothing about the evening was exceptional including the food and service.
- Blown Away1kittygalDined on 5/10/2014This was not our first trip to Zen and certainly won't be our last. My husband and sons took me here for a Mother's Day dinner. Chef Jose' treated to a Pomegranate Lemon Drop martini in honor of Mother's Day. I was so surprised and it was just delicious! We had several types of sushi, fried scallops and calamari for appetizers which were amazing! My family agreed it was some of the best sushi we have tried and we eat a lot of sushi! Our entrees included duck, sea bass and black pepper sauce shrimp. Excellent choices! For dessert, we had carrot cake and chocolate cake and some fried cheese fritters that were to die for. Cannot say enough about our wonderful evening! We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday for 4-year oldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014Delicious--everything! Loved our booth (for 6) and the best was --asked restaurant to have a chocolate dinosaur cake for our grandson--it exceeded our expectations--the cake was huge and DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TastingLove2EatDined on 4/30/2014The food had such a great flavor! I had sushi but nibbled on others dishes and what flavorful dishes they were.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014The Zen Experience is Fantastic, well worth the price. It gives you the opportunity to sample almost everything on the menu. Plus, our server Katherine made our experience the best we have had in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEPHILIPDined on 4/5/2014This is our second time in about ten years, as we live out of town. They still have the ZEN experience which was what we wanted. Once again an excellent meal! My wife said it was the best meal she has EVER had. One of the best places I have ever eaten!! The Zen experience is the only way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 142 reviews are from the Zen - Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate reviews archive.
- Incredible FoodJonathanVIPDined on 4/4/2014I consider myself a foodie, and my wife and I love Asian food. Zen stands out among the best restaurants we've been to, and is certainly the best Asian restaurant in Central Florida. We have tried almost everything on the menu at Zen as it has become my parents' favorite place to dine as well. The shrimp toast is an app you must have. We usually order the dumplings, chicken spring rolls, and calamari as well. For an entree, I recommend the duck if you like duck. It's the best I've ever had. It's shredded tableside so every bite is crispy and comes with a housin style sauce and tortillas. The half duck is enough for two, as are nearly all of the entrees. I also recommend General Tao's chicken, Orange Beef, Kung Pao chicken and the grouper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zen was disappointingreviewman234VIPDined on 3/21/2014We frequent Zen quite often as we live 3 minutes away. Its to bad they have decided to cut back on their quality of shrimp used. Our favorite dish Ginger sweet and sour Jumbo shrimp was not prepared the way it is advertised or normally done. The Jumbo shrimp were substituted with normal small shrimp. Very plain dish. I could have gone to PF Changs and gotten the sam dish for 12.00 instead of 26.00??? We will not return.Special Features:
- GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2014We had a group of 12. No delays in drinks, service or food. All was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperiencevisitorDined on 3/16/2014Nice facility overall, dinner was very good.... fresh, great flavor, nice presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have stayed at the OmnideniseDined on 2/26/2014We have stayed at the Omni twice before and wore out the Zen restaurant too. We ate the Schezuan Beef and the Grouper sish. Both were outstanding! I would definitely recommend it to anyone. GreatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zen experienceButchDined on 12/31/2013When we first sat down our waitress seemed a bit rushed but once we told her that was unnecessary she 'calmed down' each if us had something different & all were totally satisfied with our choices. The tuna tartare was especially delicious . A most enjoyable & satisfying dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJonathanVIPDined on 12/24/2013We take my parents here frequently and we LOVE it! The duck is the best I've had anywhere. The Bird's Nest, Grouper, and Orange Sesame Beef are the other 3 best things on the menu. Don't miss the shrimp toast for an app. We like to get several items for appetizers but we always have food to send home with my parents. We have not tried the sushi, but I have to imagine it is just as fresh and we'll-prepared as the rest of the food we've tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesMargren1Dined on 12/13/2013We were here with Cheerleading competition & were able to have some appetizers & sushi & drinks with a group. Everyone was accommodating, food was great, wine pours were generous, we had a private dining area and overall very much enjoyed being there! Thank you :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRyGuyDined on 12/7/2013Great meal!! Can't wait to return again for dinner.Special Features:
- Zen experienceCarrieDined on 11/12/2013I recommend the zen experience - try a selection of foods and relax and spend a couple hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit just as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2013We remembered this as a very good restaurant and we weren't disspaointed 2nd time around. It has a nice quiet atmosphere and the food is excellent very well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food a little pricyYipperDined on 11/2/2013The Zen experience was greatbut the cost was too high. Everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting at Champions GateDivendineDined on 10/1/2013Had a quiet dinner for 4 and food was perfect. 4 people basically shared appetizers and 3 meals and every thing was great including the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMarkSoldDined on 9/22/2013The selection was poor, not any local favorite fish, and the service was rushed - in a hurry, hurry, hurry... Not relaxing!
- Food was amazingRachelDined on 8/30/2013We had the shrimp lo main and Szechwan beef. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!!KaseyDined on 8/24/2013We were a party of 9 and the atmosphere and food was excellent! Sea bass was superb, salmon and Zen experience (sample of dishes) was sooooo good! Would definately come again. Only thing was service. Waitress tried, but the food came out at different times so 2 people had food and the rest of us had to wait up to 15 minutes to get ours at different times. Table plates took a while to be removed. The excellent food outweighed the lack of overall service. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013I recommend Zen at the Omni Championsgate for incredible food, wonderful service, and great atmosphere. We had the pleasure of having Shawn as our server and couldn't have had a better experience. Our whole family (to include teens) were very comfortable and enjoyed our meal. I could also see it being a great place for a romantic meal as well. Either way, the restaurant was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Took a group from work toMtgPlannerMJDined on 8/13/2013Took a group from work to dinner and was able to order off the menu. Many ordered the sushi, which was outstanding. Many others ordered regular chinese dishes and they were great as well. Would recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- ..RyGuyDined on 8/2/2013..............................................................................Special Features:
- Added to our listJawilliaVIPDined on 7/5/2013We like having different options for dining, and Zen is now certainly on the list. This was our first visit, but won't be our last. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely decor, great service.SammybirdDined on 5/20/2013Lovely decor, great service. Food was out of this world :) I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so ZenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013The sushi and the lack of variety was nothing to right home about. The staff was disshoveled; rushed and we kept getting a different waitstaff throughout the night. There was a big group there that was loud and so Zen was not so zen for us that night.
- Hosted a large group of clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013Hosted a large group of clients here and despite our ever-changing number of guests, the team at Zen was open to accommodate and never showed any signs of frustration which would have been well-deserved. Guests had a lovely time and service was outstanding from the hostesses to the servers to the management team. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- great sushi! a little limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013great sushi! a little limited but excellent quality. good service, though i hear it depends on how busy the place is and which server you get. I have no complaints about ours.Special Features:
- Zen is a reason to check into OmniLarryBDined on 3/23/2013Zen can best be described by its own name. Artfully prepared Asian cuisine with a big hint of a fantastic executive chef behind each dish.Special Features:
- Great Chinese Food, Cool Decor.MickPVIPDined on 2/22/2013Great food in a classy environment. Service almost too good, we were in and out in an hour, a little more "sense of occasion" would be desirable as its not cheap. Go for a table in the main part of the restaurant as the table we had was a little isolated although you could argue that is was private and intimate. However we will definately make a return visit. Free valet parking is useful.Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013My wife and I enjoyed the Zen experience and were very pleased with the quality of the entrees. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- ZensationalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2013My wife and I were staying at the Omni Orlando for our Valentine's Day on February 9th since we both work on that Thursday. We decided (upon the encouragement of my parents who have been there before) to try Zen. It was amazing! We ate the Chinese style ribs and the Florida roll sushi for starters. My wife even tried the sushi and she said it was so good. She doesn't even eat sushi! Our entrees were the chicken with vegetable stir fry and the vegetable lo mein with shrimp. It was a ton of food. We were already stuffed from the starters. All in all, it was an excellent meal. We thought the server was going to wrap up our food and put it in a box, but he just took it away :-( We will definitely eat here again!Special Features: