1716 Kenilworth Ave
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 7043589688
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Spanish, Asian
- Executive Chef: Yovanny Corado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Phong Luong or email@example.com for on-site and off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Zen can accommodate up to 100 guests for our private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Phong Luong 7043589688
- Entertainment: Live music every Wednesday and Thursday night.
A word from Zen Fusion
Zen Fusion (Historic Dilworth) is Charlotte hottest Fusion Restaurant with a touch of urban trendy and upbeat lounge in a contemporary atmosphere, Zen offers a variety of Asian and Spanish Cuisine from Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Sushi to Spanish, Latin and Tapas. If you’re in the mood for some exotic flavors, visit Zen Fusion for a taste of the finest Fusion Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zen Fusion reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Yummy green currySiobhanDined on 8/15/2014Zen fusion was pretty good. My green curry was delicious actually. The tuna nachos we got as appetizer were not bad. Our service was great, waitress was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrendaGreatDined on 8/12/2014This is truly my favorite restaurant. From the front dorm to leaving, you are treated great and the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Zen Fusion reviews archive.
- Sat nightFoodieDined on 5/10/2014We went on a Saturday night. We all ordered different things and everyone loved what they ordered. The green curry and tres leches cake were both standouts. We were seated promptly. The martinis were great. Good bartender.Special Features:
- Great food with amazing serviceRaagDined on 5/7/2014The food was delicious, staff very courteous. There was a live musician playing Spanish infused music and singing which added to the wonderful ambiance without being too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014great food and service, as always!! definitely a favorite of our family.Special Features:
- Always goodMikeVIPDined on 2/8/2014I often forget about this restaurant but am always very pleased each time we go there. Where else can you satisfy a group with choices like sushi, sea bass, paella, and zarzuela?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour SushiBgorVIPDined on 1/31/2014Went to Zen after work on Friday for half price apps/sushi rolls. As always, excellent service and food. I've always been a fan of their summer spring rolls with the clear rice paper and fresh fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- large menu good choicesbillreedredVIPDined on 1/23/2014first time eating here and it was good, they have a very large menu and something for everyone. order was a little slow getting out of the kitchen so they gave me a bowl of soup free to hold be over, which I think was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatPepelpewDined on 1/9/2014We Love going to Zen, Everything on the menu is great . Service is amazing and you are treated like family, Don't miss the Dessert tray ,, It is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceMM2531VIPDined on 12/21/2013Service was impeccable, and the food was excellent. Overall, a wonderful dinner with very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlacePepelpewDined on 12/19/2013Cozy for a Quiet Dinner or Great to meet up with Friends. Zen always has a great selection of food , wine and AMAZING Desserts The Staff is excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Been to Zen Fusion manyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/16/2013I Been to Zen Fusion many times. Very good as always. The Lobster and shrimp was really good along the sushi was very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatluv2zenDined on 11/2/2013Zen within walking distance from my house. The food is always tasty and well prepared. Menu has good variety with sushi, asian, spanish options. I often get Singapore noodle but paella, eggplant, and sushi also great choices. Waitstaff is consistently friendly and service is excellent. Owners are always working and friendly. Great place to eat as a couple or with a small group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real SurpriseBennettDined on 11/2/2013We dined with another couple and all of us were surprised by the quality of the food and friendly wait staff in this hidden neighborhood gem. We were there on a Saturday evening before 6:30 and all of the Tapas and Sushi was half price. The service was wonderful and not rushed - the food was fresh, beautifully prepared and attractively arranged. This is a wonderful place for a pre concert dinner. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2013Had the Pad Thai... terrific! Had the Chocolate cake... terrific! Great staff... great place!Special Features:
- Excellent All they wayPepelpewDined on 8/15/2013The food and service at Zen is the BEST in Charlotte , If it is just for a drink or a meal they always make you feel part of the Family, Great place for Dinner for Two or to gather with a group of friends. Food is Excellent and great portions and service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionRandyDined on 7/1/2013Calimari was great, the scallops were over powered by the marinara sauce Salmon was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurants;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2013One of our favorite restaurants; never disappoints.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure and thecharlieDined on 1/22/2013Always a pleasure and the service and food are consistently good. Owner is always on site which is a plus
- We enjoyed the meal. TerrificccniteoutDined on 1/19/2013We enjoyed the meal. Terrific menu options that live up to the restaurant's name (fusion being the operative word here). All meals were great and the kitchen was flexible with substitutions. Great place for a casual meal with friends and family.Special Features:
- My second time at Zen Fusion.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/11/2013My second time at Zen Fusion. Just as good as the first.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013Great restaurant, great food and service. Only negative is that its kinda small...Special Features:
- Zen is always a delight toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2012Zen is always a delight to visit. We take out-of-town guests there because we know we and they will enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Food and service very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/10/2012Food and service very good. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Zen is always at the top ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2012Zen is always at the top of the list when my friends and I want to get together for dinner. Great diversity of fantastic food. Good drinks. And the staff are always top notch.Special Features:
- Good food but quite expensiveMikeWDined on 10/9/2012Good food but quite expensive compared with other similar restaurants.Special Features:
- My "Go To" RestaurantBgorVIPDined on 10/8/2012I've dined at Zen Fusion on many occasions, and it's never a disappointment. I've tried and enjoyed almost all of the appetizers on both the Asian and Spanish sides of the menu. The menu provides almost too many options haha, making each dining experience a new adventure. I really enjoy there simple yet tasteful scallop pad thai. There sushi options are also amazing, specifically the spring rice rolls. There bar specials are excellent, including half off martini's on Mondays and live music on Wednesday I believe. In conclusion, Zen delivers a reasonably priced, vast menu, with a responsive and friendly staff. I would recommend to any group or couple to check it out. Say hi to Chi the bartender for me.Special Features:
- I was so impressed by howmealz45VIPDined on 9/24/2012I was so impressed by how great the customer service and food were. They were equally great and I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great as usual...one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Great as usual...one of our favorite spots for dine in or take outSpecial Features:
- I was disappointed in thisJaymeVIPDined on 8/26/2012I was disappointed in this place compared to its sister restaurant, Miro, in Ballantyne. My husband and I both ordered from the Spanish side of the menu and neither entree was particularly good. However, our friend ordered the sea bass on the Asian side, and it was quite good. Not the best sea bass ever, but very nice, especially for under $25. Good service. Nice outside dining on the porch. But overall, nothing special - I wouldn't go back (mostly because Charlotte has so much else to offer).
- Zen Fusion was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2012Zen Fusion was very good. My fiance and I shared a Sole Role for an appetizer and it was amazing. For dinner we both tried the the spanish cuisine. It was a little bland, but good. Their asian cuisine is definitely their forte.Special Features:
- The service was impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012The service was impeccable & the food did not disappoint! I highly recommend the Thai hot & sour soup, the rainbow roll, and he seabass! Their sangria is great (and was half price!) we have been several times, and always leave happy!Special Features: