Zely and Ritz
301 Glenwood Ave. Suite # 100
Raleigh, NC 27603Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
Zely and Ritz
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zelyandritz.com/
- Phone: 9198280018
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Sarig Agasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Zely & Ritz will be open New Years Eve. We will be serving a 4 course menu for $75.00 per person. Credit Card numbers are required for all reservations.
A word from Zely and Ritz
Zely & Ritz is all about fresh, organic, locally grown dishes served in tapas style small plates in an upscale, casual, yet hip and smoke-free environment. Named as one of the Top 20 Organic Restaurants in America by Organic Style Magazine, the ingredients for over half the menu come directly from the restaurant's own organic farm. Chef Sarig's food is intensely flavorful, beautifully presented, and simply delicious. Mediterranean and Middle Eastern spices are combined in unexpected ways to create fantastic culinary works of art which are then skillfully paired with a Wine Spectator Award winning boutique wine list to create the perfect meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zely and Ritz reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not worth itKquickVIPDined on 8/10/2013I had heard great things about this restaurant and was really let down. The waitress failed to mention specials to us; we had to ask for them. When we were ordering our dinner they were totally out of about 2/3 of their menu - no meat options aside from Meat loaf which isn't the first thing you'd want to order when dining out. The food took over an hour to come out and there was cork in my wine. I was really disappointed in the food and service.Special Features:
- Freshest food everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013Portions are small but the tastes are big. The salad tastes like it just came from the garden. The tomatoes especially are worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heirloom Tomato DinnerMikeDined on 8/7/2013We went to Zely and Ritz for their Heirloom Tomato Dinner special event after being highly recommended by some foodie friends. It was AMAZING! The food was spectacular and the owners were very friendly. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Inside is not crowded but not large so the volume can get moderate though my wife and I had no problems hearing eachother across the table. My only regret is the Tomato Dinner is a special event so we'll have to wait until next year to eat it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2013The gnocchi were so fluffly and tasty that I don't think I can ever again eat gnocchi anywhere else. Also, the cosmo cocktail I had was amazing. I love Zely & Ritz...they are outstanding and consistently exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful experiencecgw68VIPDined on 8/2/2013Had a wonderful experience w superb First Friday special menu. All courses were excellent and nicely prepared. Service was exemplary, warm, and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat performancejnicbradDined on 8/2/2013This has to have been our 4th or 5th time dining here, and we've never had a bad (or even mediocre) meal. Portions are ample but not oversized. The menu is fresh and imaginative (rabbit pate? lavender ice cream? where else can you find that?) Food is always delicious, and the temperatures are always right. Service felt a little slow for no more customers than we saw, but I know that means our food is not pre-cooked sitting back in the kitchen on a hot plate waiting to be ordered. We especially liked the helpfulness of the bartender who not only provided us with a validated parking pass which we hadn't asked for, but also walked us down to the bus stop for First Fridays. We will continue to come here as it is one of our faves in Raleigh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in ambience.LizbethDined on 8/1/2013Disappointed in ambience. Food was good but entrée pretty skimpy.
- Public yet privateMordidaDined on 7/16/2013Although located along an inner city street, patio seating allowed a sense of privacy. Service was a little slow, but the opportunity for conversation was compensation enough. Food items were very tasty and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Anonymous123VIPDined on 7/16/2013The menu has exotic food items and combinations you don't find elsewhere. For example- onion scape pesto and lavender ice cream. The chef even brought our food out- highly personalized attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2013We visited Zely + Ritz for the first time, after seeing it featured on TV (Food Network or Cooking Channel, don't recall which). The décor is lovely; warm wall colors were accented with paintings by a local artist. Our appetizers were fantastic, the wine was superb, the entrees were too, and we split a delicious dessert. We were even greeted by the chef/owner, who told us about filming the TV spot, and a bit about the farm associated with the restaurant, and he surprised us with two decadent chocolate truffles at the end of our conversation. We're definitely Zely + Ritz fans, and will be back again! Thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made reservations for 4lcole66VIPDined on 7/5/2013I made reservations for 4 and was looking forward to going back since I found them by accident once, stopped in and had a great experience. This time it was quite different. When our order was taken it was over an hour before it came out. We had an appetizer that took up some of the time and we had ordered a 'starter' which took up some more but the entres came out an hour after the order was placed. We were some of the last ones there when we got our desert an hour and a half after placing the order. The food was all VERY good but it took a VERY LONG time to get it. We were at the restaurant for over 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's tasting menu is awesome!CplusDVIPDined on 7/2/2013Very personalized experience. It was fun and delicious - a culinary adventure! Very talented staff.Special Features:
- This is the real deal.EverydayWineDined on 6/24/2013I can't say a bad word about Zely & Ritz. Friendly knowledgeable staff, excellent food and very good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although a little pricey forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2013Although a little pricey for everyday dining, it was a great meal!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureHeathDined on 6/8/2013Zely's staff is so friendly, and the food is so fresh and tasty. New art up on the walls every time I go. New patio is fantastic w/ live music. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good things take timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2013The food is wonderful and worth the wait which is good since service can be a little slow. Fresh organic local yumminess!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too lateOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2013We had a late reservation. The food was good, but there was no one else there and our waiter would not stop talking to us. It was uncomfortable and we won't be back.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2013We had a wonderful meal and a great server ,Tim. We enjoyed all but one veggie dish. Tim was very receptive about the dish that our friend didn't enjoy and promptly removed it from the bill. We had such a good time with our server and several other employees. i look forward to returning in the near future.Special Features:
- We went on a Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2013We went on a Friday night when they were grilling on the patio. The ribs were outstanding off of the grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it hours to eatWherearethestaffDined on 5/8/2013Went there during the week. Place was twenty per cent full. I had to find my waiter any time I needed anything. The appetizer took forty five minutes to arrive. Then got it by finding my waiter who was standing around the bar to ask him to look for it. The main meal another forty five minutes. The food was good. The meat has about one third gristle. One of the vegetables was totally woody. We were going to stay for more but did not have another hour to eat. The staff seems totally indifferent to this.
- The pate' made my heart pattergatsbyDined on 5/7/2013We celebrated my cousin's birthday at your fine establishment on Tuesday. Thoroughly enjoyed everything--the food, wine, desserts and Matt, our waiter. His sense of humor made the whole experience a perfect night out.Special Features:
- Always a good experience,cgw68VIPDined on 5/3/2013Always a good experience, w menu choices providing good range of options, food prepared well, and nicely presented. Interesting staff who are always eager to please and accommodate diners. Reasoably priced for a good restaurant meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was very friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Waitress was very friendly, but did not check back after bringing food and we had finished our meal before she came back to take our order for a second glass of wine. Chocolate Creme Broule Was heavenly!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our night,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013We really enjoyed our night, but the food just missed a little in our eyes. We had the chefs tasting menu and the chef was unfortunately more interested in dietary restrictions than was we really liked. We had a great waiter and enjoyed the evening and will be back. Next time we'll just order off of the menu which looked inspired enough. We love the organic ingredients!Special Features:
- We actually saw a show onAnniversaryVIPDined on 4/20/2013We actually saw a show on the Food Channel about the restaurant which triggered us making the reservation. The meal and the service was very good. Looking forward to coming back again in the summer when local vegetables are more plentiful.Special Features:
- Wonderful, fresh food. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Wonderful, fresh food. Not your run-of-the-mill menu items. Always a great dining experience Server very nice and knowledgeable about menu. Already looking forward to next visit.Special Features:
- The food was disappointing--notOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/16/2013The food was disappointing--not a lot of different options--too many carrots in the dishes. What we did order was not at all outstanding.
- Eclectic food, slow servicechefPDined on 4/13/2013Portions seem smaller, for the price. Service a bit slow, waiter was running to take care of outside tables, forgetting about us much of the evening. Apologizing because they were busy. 20 minutes to get our bill(costing us another dollar at the parking lot)Special Features:
- Misses the MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/13/2013My son, his girlfriend, and I had dinner Saturday night at Zely and Ritz. I can't say it was a great experience and we likely won't be back. Service was good but the food really lacked something. We let the waiter talk us into a couple of appetizers. None of us liked the house made pickles...way too salty and uninteresting. Everything is ala cart, but we were all surprised when our entree came out on a plate (a small plate) by itself. It would have been much more appealing with some risotto or starch. The shank was palatable, but there was nothing about it that made anyone at the table say "this is SO good!". Portions are small. My son left hungry and went up to Snoopy's at the corner for a hotdog. $77 bill, wishing we'd gone elsewhere.
- We really enjoyed Zely andsmitty0421Dined on 4/6/2013We really enjoyed Zely and Ritz. The staff was friendly and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013Absolutely wonderful food, as always. Not the same old dishes found in many restaurants. Waiter was very knowledgable in explaining dishes and did a great job throughout the evening. Looking forward to our next visit. They have never disappointed us.Special Features:
- Food is very good, local andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/30/2013Food is very good, local and organic where possible, portions a little small.Special Features:
- This was an awesome find whileOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2013This was an awesome find while traveling for work - the chef asked the types of things I liked, disliked and created me a tasting menu from scratch.Special Features:
- Excellent and knowledgeableHaysVIPDined on 3/23/2013Excellent and knowledgeable wait staff; great food; comfortable atmosphere that allowed for conversation without shouting! Will return!Special Features:
- Excellent food napkin please!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Was nice took a bit to get silverware, bread to be brought over (seemed a bit late). Little loud w certain people being loud and small place. But the food was excellent!!! Fresh and good combos on dishes. Sharing was great to sample several things. Wine list nice but not a lot for the beer drinker. Cocktails seem to be very nice as well.Special Features:
- Excellent service. The waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2013Excellent service. The wait staff was very attentive and answered all of our questions. The food was good, especially the fresh beet salad.Special Features:
- The food we had was sparseAndreaDined on 3/9/2013The food we had was sparse (braised ribs), and lacking in flavor(butternut squash soup). This meal was vastly overpriced
- The food was very tasty andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The food was very tasty and served in portions that are more European than American. Being married to someone from there I am saying this from a factual standpoint rather than speculating. The server was very nice and they definitely take their time getting your food out to you allowing you to enjoy your time there and not feel rushed. The food also seemed to be prepared more along the lines of using minimal salt and we really appreciate that style. Most places kill the food with too many spices and often that is waytoo much salt.Special Features:
- This was our second time here.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013This was our second time here. The food is amazing. However, they seem to continue to have problems with their wait staff. Our table was late, even with a reservation, because they did not have a waiter for the table and then the service was a bit slow. However, we were in no hurry, so this was not a problem for us. The food was excellent and we throughly enjoyed the night and experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, great serviceAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Wonderful food, great serviceA favorite place to goSpecial Features: