Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano
728 Pine Street
Herndon, VA 20170Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zeffirelliristorante.com/
- Phone: 7033187000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano
Since opening in 1991, Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano has been established as a fine tradition in historic Herndon. The 100 year old building adds character and ambiance to Zeffirelli’s dining experience. Our formal service, candlelit tables, exquisite Tuscan cuisine, and fine wines set an incomparable atmosphere for our patrons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Herndon ›
Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (59)romantic (52)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (17)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Rude from the startNattieKDined on 8/23/2014I have never experienced a ruder wait staff. It was as if our server was giving us the boot upon entry. And, my kids were very well behaved. If you don't want children at your restaurant, bring that up at reservation time, when a highchair is requested. Our youngest (1 year) did drop a fair amount of food on the floor, but she was mostly quiet (though you could hear a pin drop in the sparsely seated restaurant). When my husband took her outside to walk around while the rest of us were finishing our meals, two men came over with a broom and dustpan as the rest of us were still eating. Then, still cutting our food, we were asked if our plates could be taken away. Overall, it was ridiculous.
- Love Zeff'sTheYCDined on 8/22/2014Brought my girlfriend and had another great meal. I had an arugula salad with thin slices of filet mignon. She had the veal marsala. Moses was a fantastic waiter and convinced us to try a prosciutto appetizer with figs and strawberry. Very glad we took his advice. In all, another great night!Special Features:
- fwsullyDined on 8/22/2014Excellent tasty dinners with great service accompanied by fine wines and desserts.Special Features:
- Always good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Great food, Veal chop is the best I have ever had anywhere. I been going there since they opened. The service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findhappydinerDined on 8/19/2014Tucked away in Herndon, VA, this family-owned Italian restaurant was a wonderful surprise. The food was scrumptious, and the service was excellent. We would definitely go back and will recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Top Choice in HerndonPuKuDined on 8/19/2014Zeffirelli's has become our go-to spot in Herndon for special occasions or just for some great Italian. The menu is not extensive, but the focus is on doing a few dishes well. They also offer interesting specials. On a recent visit, we started with mussels in white sauce. While tasty, the mussels were not very meaty. The main dishes, however, did not disappoint. I had the scallopini calabrese--tender veal cutlets in a wine and sun-dried tomato sauce that complemented the veal without being cloying. My wife had a special--a whole lobster garnished with green caviar on a bed of penne in a white wine, garlic, and cherry tomato sauce. Both plates went back cleared. From previous visits, the seafood San remo is also a fine choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, rough serviceWavoDined on 8/17/2014Although it was likely an isolated incident our waiter was not very attentive to the table, and it took us an hour to get our food. This did not seem to be the norm, as we got another waiter to help out, but it was a bit concerning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian eateryPaulaDined on 8/14/2014Happy we accidentally found this terrific restaurant. Food was excellent, service was flawless. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Food was blandOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014I have had the veal chop and that was amazing. I had the pasta Sunday night and it was not. Ill try again.Special Features:
- Good local ItalianBobsDined on 8/6/2014Good service good food will dine there again. Deserts are outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014This place is a landmark in Herndon. It has been consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting Herndon, VAeatingisgoodDined on 7/26/2014Herndon is a very new area to us. Our grandson has just moved there and there were 8 of us for dinner. I searched and found Zeffirelli Ristorante and made a reservation. We were all thrilled with the whole experience and can't wait to go back....Special Features:
- Fresh pasta and great serviceChicagofoodieDined on 7/26/2014I was taking my husband to Dulles airport for a late evening flight, and we stopped here on the way for dinner. We shared a salad (split on 2 plates in the kitchen for us) and it was good. We ordered the lasagna, which was rich and had a million layers, topped with red sauce. We also had seafood ravioli - fresh pasta stuffed with crab and lobster served in a tomato cream sauce. They were both very good. We shared a piece of chocolate cake (again, split for us in the kitchen and served on 2 plates) and had coffee for dessert. The cake was outstanding, and the coffee was also exceptional. Service was impeccable throughout. The interior of the restaurant is a bit dated, but the service and food are wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great DinnerAB05Dined on 7/16/2014We took customers out for a business dinner and the food and service were outstanding. The Veal Chop was amazing.Special Features:
- Best Veal Chop in DC AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/16/2014I have dined at Zeffirelli's several times as I have traveled to the Herndon VA area and I have never been disappointed. The restaurant has a wonderful Italian atmosphere, the service is the best, and the food is unblelievable. I highly recommend the veal chop. It is the best in the DC area by far.Special Features:
- Such a romantic night.celebratfunDined on 7/13/2014Had a very lovely meal with my boyfriend. Special table with a view, romantic music, and excellent good. I enjoyed my veal piccata immensely and my boyfriend had wonderful ravioli. It was a wonderful memory and we hope to come back in the future. We really felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2014The entire dining experience at Zeffirelli's is outstanding. From the moment you are greeted at the door there is no detail untouched. The food is great and the restaurant is a gem.Special Features:
- Great independent restaurantAnnaMaeDined on 7/7/2014In an area with many chain restaurant ranging from McDonald's to Ruth Chris', Zeffirelli's is the kind of locally owned independent we love to patronize. Located in the older, historic section of Herndon, it features a small but diverse menu that is not heavily dependent on traditional "red sauce" dishes. Fellow diner started off with an excellent bufalo mozzarella salad while I enjoyed an arugala salad with beets and oranges, tossed with a vinegarette and feta cheese crumbles. A basket of freshly baked foccacia arrived with the salads. We both chose veal dishes with meat so tender you barely needed a knife. Prices were reasonable for the quality and portion size. Entrees were accompanied by either the daily vegetable or pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a restaurant!PRnativeDined on 7/6/2014We chanced upon Zefirelli on our vacation stay at Herndon, not long ago. The place looked inviting, and it delivered. Attention was excellent, the waiters were most helpful and the food was excellent. Being lactose intolerant, I was a bit afraid of eating at an Italian restaurant, but the waiters' knowledge of the menu, coupled with great rapport with the kitchen staff provided my wife and myself with an enjoyable and unforgettable dinner. Would we return? Yes, I believe we would. In fact, I'm going to recommend Zefirelli to others.Special Features:
- First time & we loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014First time here. We're very picky Italian eaters, but I've been wanting to go here for awhile. The wait staff is very attentive and courteous. I mentioned our anniversary when making the reservation and the staff acknowledged it with a complimentary desert. We enjoyed a bottle of wine from Umbria where we had just visited a few months ago. The food was excellent, so good that I left wearing some red sauce. The after dinner cappuccino was fantastic, just like in Italy. My only negative review is the ambiance, the decor is in need of a make-over. I don''t think we'll bring the kiddos, but we'll definitely enjoy another date night dinner here.Special Features:
- Great spot in HerndonJimWDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I have been going to Zeffirelli for years to celebrate our anniversary. She typically gets a pasta dish and I almost always get their Veal Chop. We've never been disappointed in their food or service. I highly recommend giving it a try for a special occasion or just a night out on the town. If you add a bottle of wine to the meal it can get a bit pricey but it's well worth it.Special Features:
- Awesome food and servicesGaryBDined on 6/25/2014Zeffirelli's is always a great experience. It works well for a quite dinner for two or for a large group. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentAFSEcatsDined on 6/25/2014The food at Zefferelli's never disappoints whether it's from the traditional menu or a nightly special. parking is easy too.Special Features:
- 45th Anniversary was very special!foodinspectorDined on 6/21/2014The owner, who lives in our neighborhood, greeted us warmly at the door. As he was checking us in for our reservation he noticed we were celebrating our 45th anniversary, and immediately said "I have a special table for you that is private and romantic," and it was. The food was exquisite and delicious, and the service was very good. We had a leisurely (nearly 2 hrs) and very special dining experience, befitting our 45th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatDSmithVIPDined on 6/15/2014It was late (9pm) before I could assemble the family that was home for Fathers Day, but we went to Zeffirelli's for diner. A couple of us had specials and a couple the standard fare off the menu. Each one loved their diner. But most of us also brought some home for another treat the next day. The price was reasonable and the abundance of food was significant. The wait staff was excellent from keeping water glasses full to the listing of multiple specials by the waiter. The food was out in no time. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Experienceshowtyme000Dined on 6/14/2014Ive visited this restaurant for over 20 years and since that time the quality of the food and service has not deminished one bit.Special Features:
- Graduation celebrationTomNVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a nice graduation party celebration planned for eight persons. As we were a few minutes late picking some folks up at the airport we phoned and the folks were very nice and said to come along and not to worry about being a little bit late. The food and service were quite good yet again!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Great authentic itialian food. Homemade pastas and ravioli are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly atmosphereSteveDined on 6/12/2014Great food and friendly atmosphere. The veal chop, and homemade pasta with Fra diavolo sauce was perfect! I look forward to coming back with another group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met our diet restrictionsfrequentvisitorDined on 6/11/2014The chef met my husband's diet restrictions and reduced the salt in the veal chop. He was quite pleased and cleaned his plate. He enjoyed the Montepulciano wine by the glass. The berries were quite nice. The canoli was overpriced ($8 for one canoli) and did not taste fresh.Special Features:
- waltDined on 6/7/2014we have eaten there many times. Always good food and interesting specials. Tables for four(not by a window) are too small, we felt a little cramped. Still a good experience. Noise level rises with the number of people in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffVIPDined on 5/29/2014We hadn't been to Zeffirelli's for a long time and it was great to get back. The veal chop was awesome! Our appetizer, ceaser salad, everything was simply terrific. Wait staff very attentive. Will definitely return take out of town guests as this place is a real winner!Special Features:
- a consistent pleasureHeidiDined on 5/28/2014I've dined at Zeffirelli's many times over the years. It's always wonderful. The food is exceptional and the services just as good. I've never had a bad meal or bad experience there! Well done!Special Features:
- LovelyPoorchoiceDined on 5/24/2014Moses was an Amazing waiter. The chef came and greeted us. We were a party of 9-(6 children) service was outstanding) the mussels & sea bass couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian in NOVAstinersDined on 5/22/2014Zeffirelli's is everything a fine Italian restaurant should be: excellent food and service and a quiet, soothing atmosphere with just a hint of music in the background. The lasagna melts in your mouth and the tomato sauce was fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationJLeach19Dined on 5/19/2014We went to Zeffirelli's to celebrate our 30th anniversary. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and made our dinner very special.Special Features:
- very niceAndyDined on 5/19/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a FoodieLaurDined on 5/18/2014Had a group of 10 foodies go, and every single person loved the food. The service was also excellent. Definitely a fine dining experience. Be ready to eat a few courses and stay a while. Will keep coming back to this local gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Arrived about 20 minutes early and were immediately seated. Staff was friendly and helped to celebrate my wife's birthday with great food and even better dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great servicemfrankVIPDined on 5/16/2014Zeffirelli is a true neighborhood gem. Upon arrive we were promptly greater and seated. The service while we were there was excellent. The food was well explained and it had a friendly atmosphere and feel. Not sure if he was the manager or owner, but he stopped by frequently to talk to us and make sure everything was great. The food was very good as well. Lots of selection and very tasty. I would definitely return. Great place to have a date night.Special Features: