Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano
728 Pine Street
Herndon, VA 20170Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zeffirelliristorante.com/
- Phone: (703) 318-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano
Since opening in 1991, Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano has been established as a fine tradition in historic Herndon. The 100 year old building adds character and ambiance to Zeffirelli’s dining experience. Our formal service, candlelit tables, exquisite Tuscan cuisine, and fine wines set an incomparable atmosphere for our patrons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (39)romantic (33)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (15)good for groups (12)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Awesome food and servicesGaryBVIPDined on 6/25/2014Zeffirelli's is always a great experience. It works well for a quite dinner for two or for a large group. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentAFSEcatsVIPDined on 6/25/2014The food at Zefferelli's never disappoints whether it's from the traditional menu or a nightly special. parking is easy too.Special Features:
- 45th Anniversary was very special!foodinspectorDined on 6/21/2014The owner, who lives in our neighborhood, greeted us warmly at the door. As he was checking us in for our reservation he noticed we were celebrating our 45th anniversary, and immediately said "I have a special table for you that is private and romantic," and it was. The food was exquisite and delicious, and the service was very good. We had a leisurely (nearly 2 hrs) and very special dining experience, befitting our 45th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatDSmithVIPDined on 6/15/2014It was late (9pm) before I could assemble the family that was home for Fathers Day, but we went to Zeffirelli's for diner. A couple of us had specials and a couple the standard fare off the menu. Each one loved their diner. But most of us also brought some home for another treat the next day. The price was reasonable and the abundance of food was significant. The wait staff was excellent from keeping water glasses full to the listing of multiple specials by the waiter. The food was out in no time. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Experienceshowtyme000Dined on 6/14/2014Ive visited this restaurant for over 20 years and since that time the quality of the food and service has not deminished one bit.Special Features:
- Graduation celebrationTomNVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a nice graduation party celebration planned for eight persons. As we were a few minutes late picking some folks up at the airport we phoned and the folks were very nice and said to come along and not to worry about being a little bit late. The food and service were quite good yet again!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Great authentic itialian food. Homemade pastas and ravioli are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly atmosphereSteveDined on 6/12/2014Great food and friendly atmosphere. The veal chop, and homemade pasta with Fra diavolo sauce was perfect! I look forward to coming back with another group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met our diet restrictionsfrequentvisitorDined on 6/11/2014The chef met my husband's diet restrictions and reduced the salt in the veal chop. He was quite pleased and cleaned his plate. He enjoyed the Montepulciano wine by the glass. The berries were quite nice. The canoli was overpriced ($8 for one canoli) and did not taste fresh.Special Features:
- waltDined on 6/7/2014we have eaten there many times. Always good food and interesting specials. Tables for four(not by a window) are too small, we felt a little cramped. Still a good experience. Noise level rises with the number of people in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffVIPDined on 5/29/2014We hadn't been to Zeffirelli's for a long time and it was great to get back. The veal chop was awesome! Our appetizer, ceaser salad, everything was simply terrific. Wait staff very attentive. Will definitely return take out of town guests as this place is a real winner!Special Features:
- a consistent pleasureHeidiDined on 5/28/2014I've dined at Zeffirelli's many times over the years. It's always wonderful. The food is exceptional and the services just as good. I've never had a bad meal or bad experience there! Well done!Special Features:
- LovelyPoorchoiceDined on 5/24/2014Moses was an Amazing waiter. The chef came and greeted us. We were a party of 9-(6 children) service was outstanding) the mussels & sea bass couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian in NOVAstinersDined on 5/22/2014Zeffirelli's is everything a fine Italian restaurant should be: excellent food and service and a quiet, soothing atmosphere with just a hint of music in the background. The lasagna melts in your mouth and the tomato sauce was fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationJLeach19Dined on 5/19/2014We went to Zeffirelli's to celebrate our 30th anniversary. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and made our dinner very special.Special Features:
- very niceAndyDined on 5/19/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a FoodieLaurDined on 5/18/2014Had a group of 10 foodies go, and every single person loved the food. The service was also excellent. Definitely a fine dining experience. Be ready to eat a few courses and stay a while. Will keep coming back to this local gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerxohmbieDined on 5/16/2014Arrived about 20 minutes early and were immediately seated. Staff was friendly and helped to celebrate my wife's birthday with great food and even better dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great servicemfrankVIPDined on 5/16/2014Zeffirelli is a true neighborhood gem. Upon arrive we were promptly greater and seated. The service while we were there was excellent. The food was well explained and it had a friendly atmosphere and feel. Not sure if he was the manager or owner, but he stopped by frequently to talk to us and make sure everything was great. The food was very good as well. Lots of selection and very tasty. I would definitely return. Great place to have a date night.Special Features:
- A gem in the areaAirbndrDined on 5/16/2014The food is delicious, the service is impeccable, and the ambiance is downright inviting and unique.Special Features:
- Veal Chop dreamJdogsaysDined on 5/13/2014I have dreamed of their veal chop since the last time I ate here! The veal chop has a life changing taste that you will savor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteHerbieDined on 5/11/2014Has been my local favorite for many years now and I will continue to return.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014This was our 25th wedding anniversary. We played it low key. Zeffirelli's was just right. Perfect food, great atmosphere. It was busy since it was a Saturday night, and there were even quite a few tables with children (Mothers Day was the next day). All the kids were surprisingly well behaved. Noise level was subdued.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseFlightCrewVIPDined on 5/8/2014We picked this restaurant from Open Table, trying to find somewhere near our hotel that we hadn't been to before. It had good reviews, so we went. It was the best Italian Restaurant we had been to in a long time, and we can't wait to get back to Washington to visit again!Special Features:
- Zeffirelli RistoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Zeffirelli Ristorante during a recent trip to Herndon, Va. For starters, we had lentil soup and the insalata di rucola which consist of Baby Arugula Salad with Red Beets, Fresh Orange, Walnuts and Goat Cheese, Lemon Vinaigrette. The lentil soup was tasty, different from the middle eastern lentil soup that I'm accustomed to. Our entrees included Lasagna (all pasta made in house) and I had the Branzino both were very good. Last but not least the homemade tiramisu was fabulous...fresh and light. Our waiter was attentive without being overbearing. He was helpful and knowledgeable of the menu. If I am ever in the area again I would definitely stop in!
- Good old stand by...skiplVIPDined on 4/29/2014I try to catch dinner at Zefferelli's a couple times a year. My wife canceled on me last minute so brought my 12 year old daughter who is a foodie. Great food and service as usual. Hear they are going to make some interior renovations to brighten up the place which is good news!Special Features:
- Consistent solid performanceHeidiDined on 4/27/2014My family and I dined at Zeffirelli's Sunday for my daughters birthday. The food is very good, service is attentive. We've been to Zeffirelli's a couple of times over the years and always find a good meal and good service. While it's not my favorite restaurant, it consistently provides a solid and enjoyable performance.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014Dined at Zeffirelli's to celebrate a birthday. The food was great and the service impeccable. Perfection from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot close to Dulles AirportEPgalDined on 4/23/2014Lovely setting in downtown Herndon. The food was fabulous. At our table all raved about the quality of the food. I loved my veal ravioli and salad fricasse. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Veal Chop on earth!jthrDined on 4/20/2014We lived in Kansas City for 3 years and they have the best high end steak houses in the country. However, nobody has a veal chop like Zeffirellis! We went on Easter Sunday and it was very open, no crowds. The service is great, and good for business dinners, dates, special days. I would not call this kid friendly, a basic plate of Penne and red sauce is $18 so leave the kids home unless it's very special. Martinis are $13, very nice Italian wine list, tiramisu is top notch!! The Veal Chop is the speciality, $48 but the best in the country!!Special Features:
- Best Italian in the areaDavidJDined on 4/16/2014Living in Arlington it's a long trip out to Herndon so we need an excuse, collecting visitors from Dulles on a delayed plane was that excuse. It was a quiet mid-week night so we got excellent personal service, without being rushed. Couldn't resist my usual veal scallopine and wasn't disappointed, my wife lobster pasta was superb, she tells me. Too good to share! If you are in or near Herndon and enjoy Italian that's not pizza and standard pasta do go, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for business dinnersalocalcompanyDined on 4/16/2014Have used this restaurant several times for "after" the business meeting. The food is excellent. The menu is not overwhelming. Something for everyone. Great wine list. Service is fast and dependable. They keep everything moving right to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant did all theMaxxDined on 4/6/2014This restaurant did all the most important things right. The food was excellent. The manager was interested in our dining and came by several times. The staff was concientious if not perfect in service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time....BronxYankeeVIPDined on 3/29/2014...but not my last! First of all, our waiter was an Asia gentleman, and he was great! He knew the specials as if he cooked them, and he raved about our wine selection! For my first time, I was told to have the veal chop, which I did. Best chop ever! seriously....it was the best veal chop I ever had, bar none! The accompanying spaghetti in garlic and oil was perfect as well. TYop that all off with a perfect bottle of Amarone, and a double espresso for the road...a perfect 10!Special Features:
- Fantastic as AlwaysBobbyJDined on 3/25/2014The food, service and all was simply splendid. Roberto who has been there for over 20 years was our waiter and he is gracious and just a lovely man. Veal chop was extraordinary. Need to find time to get back there again soon. Bobby JSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent. ServiceChetVIPDined on 3/25/2014Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Long term employees and owners. High quality and professional. Not snooty. Pricey, but excellent quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Saturday NightOysterLoverVIPDined on 3/22/2014The place was lively so staff wasn't as attentive as usual but we still enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Exceptional experienceRLS1Dined on 3/21/2014From the welcome at the door to the good night as we departed, it was an exceptional experience. The service was always right there but not pushy and the food was outstanding in every aspect--presentation, taste, texture.Special Features:
- A Special DinnerAmandaKDined on 3/21/2014We enjoyed a very special evening this week as we celebrated the retirement of my boyfriend's mother. The atmosphere was lovely and the service was impeccable. And of course, the food was amazing. Everything we had was delicious. Thank you for making it memorable night for a wonderful lady that has worked hard for many years. Eating at Zeffirelli is a very special treat.Special Features:
- another great experience!bandJDined on 3/15/2014our 4th trip and not the last for sure. Great service and great food for a reasonable price make for a great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.