92 Picton St
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zees.ca/
- Phone: 9054685715
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm (May-Nov) (Closed Dec-April (except holidays); Dinner: Sunday to Friday: 5:00pm - 830pm, Saturday: 5:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Dobbie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer O'Connor 905-468-3369
A word from Zees Grill
Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is Niagara-on-the-Lake's newest hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting new restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Zees Grill - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Zees Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (213)fit for foodies (123)great for lunch (111)neighborhood gem (102)special occasion (89)romantic (64)scenic view (58)notable wine list (45)great for brunch (44)good for groups (40)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- An excellent start to our evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014By husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and ate at Zees on the weekend. The food was wonderful, the service excellent and the lovely. Went to a play from there- a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to beat Zee'sepmckDined on 9/25/2014A very friendly, knowledgeable staff supported by a great kitchen makes Zee's a great place to relax and eat. It was a warm night and they had the outdoor heaters going, but turned them off when we suggested they were not necessary. Very nice of them. The lamb and the rib eye dishes were excellent. The salads with the raspberry reduction were just heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently very goodjwrocVIPDined on 9/25/2014great for before or after theatre dining....several of the appetizers actually large enough to be entrees for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spotYayaDined on 9/25/2014We spent our anniversary at the Shaw. Breakfast at Zees is outstanding. Dinner however, a disappointment. Although they pay special attention to details, the soup was bland.......cold chowder..My husbands steak was skimpy and tough. I ordered two appetizers, a strawberry and compressed watermelon combo, which was very nice, and the carpaccio, served with arugula and a lovely vinagrette. Unfortunately, the menu offers few selections.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014Outstanding presentation and preparation of the dishes served - they were all enjoyed(especially the salmon). The service was impeccable and greatly appreciated. A Zees is must visit when in NOTL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & servicePeggyLDined on 9/24/2014We ate on the veranda @ Zees before going to the theater. Service was attentive and professional. We loved the food! I especially enjoyed my vegetarian entree - it was healthy and flavorful, and every bit as special as my husband's meat entree. Lots of locally sourced products on the menu too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to it's reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/24/2014Husband's burger way over cooked. The extra vegies I had asked for were swimming in olive oil. Service was very slow. Show but no substance.Special Features:
- always reliableCleoVIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a lovely lunch on the porch in beautiful September weather. Husband loved his Reuben, mother-in-law enjoyed her pulled pork wrap and my veggie and arugula pizza was very good. Our waitress was outstanding. Come every year when we go to Shaw.Special Features:
- Great before matinees!HeidiDined on 9/23/2014I was with a friend who is on a very unique diet and she just loved the food. I've been here several times and always found excellent service and a great menu. I specially enjoy the ambiance in the veranda.Special Features:
- Amateur food at top chef pricesdissapointedonthelakeDined on 9/22/2014Min boggling that they could charge $35 for a 6 oz ribeye that tasted like it was made by a college student on a barbecue. Really the worst steak I have ever had. And it was smattered with poorly sautéed onions, dry mushrooms, and corn niblets that tasted like they were out of a can. I was floored. I ate with my fiancee and our bill for 2 with one drink came to $180. Her salmon was also inedible. Having had the tasting menu at Peller Estates the night before, we were admittedly coming off a culinary high. The dinner at Peller cost twice as much and was worth every penny. They do serve a really nice breakfast though. I would recommend that but dinner is way overpriced.
- One of best meals in NOTLOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The menu was interesting and eclectic. The caesar salad was the most unique variation of a caesar I've ever had. The pasta with scallops and shrimp was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Beautiful day to sit outsideSeapearlDined on 9/20/2014Food and service were wonderful. Beautifully presented. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceGoodfoodDined on 9/18/2014My friends and I throughly enjoyed our lunch at Zee's. We were welcomed when we entered and our waitress, Ashley, was friendly and attentive. I had dined at Zee's two years ago and wasn't very pleased as the menu was totally different from that shown on their website. This visit the menu was as expected, all five of us really enjoyed our meals. I would return to Zee's and would recommend it to anyone heading to Niagara on the Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014Zee's serves consistently interesting and delicious food, with special attention to presentation. Appetizers and desserts are especially wonderful! We visit NOL once-a-year and make sure that Zee's is one of our dining choices.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014we eat at Zee's Grill when we are in Niagara. love the porch soups are best great menu one of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Great ExperiencewineanddineDined on 9/12/2014This place came highly recommended by a local resident and we were not disappointed. Our meals were delicious and well presented. Portions were perfect; service was excellent....very attentive and knowledgeable. I would suggest asking for a table on the porch if weather permits. This was our first time at Zees but we will be back!Special Features:
- Great for Shaw Festival PlayFoodFanDined on 9/12/2014Attractive restaurant with good food and cheerful service next door to the Festival Theatre in Niagara-on-the-LakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choiceOCBobDined on 9/11/2014Kitchen was behind, so service was slow. Recommend a 6:00 seating if you are going to Festival or a bit earlier if attending other venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience at ZeesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014I had a 6pm reservation at Zees, which should have been plenty of time for a nice meal before the 8pm show at the Festival Theater next door...but my entree of seared tuna arrived at 7:15pm! According to the menu, the tuna was supposed to be rare but mine came out medium-well to well-done, making it chewy, fishy tasting, and almost inedible (although the accompanying soba noodles and daikon salad were good). I should have sent the tuna back but, considering as how I had to leave for a show soon, I didn't. The server did not offer any explanation or seem to think one was even needed. I expected much more of this restaurant but was disappointed. The ambience was excellent, but the service and tuna entree were fair at best.
- Shaw EatsNGTorontoDined on 9/10/2014Zees was the perfect spot for our lunch before a matinee at The Festivsl theatre, being just across the street. It would have been just as perfect for dinner before an evening performance. We enjoyed the outdoor patio on a lovely day. Service was fast and friendly and our food was delicious. Lots of choice on the menu.Special Features:
- Our Dinner at Zees GrillOldBobbyBoyDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I had dinner at Zees Grill before walking across the street to the Shaw Theatre. We both had the salmon, and our dinners were terrific. We also shared a wonderful cheescake desert and we each had a latte after dinner. It was a dinner we will both long remember. Some might consider the menu to be a little limited, but we thought there were some very good choices and we're both glad we picked the salmon and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findABCcDined on 9/8/2014Absolutely a wonderful experience from fan table setting - under over yet out of doors. Food outstanding and service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Niagara-on-the-LakekaintayoDined on 9/7/2014Came here with my family for Sunday lunch and I was glad I made reservations as we got seated fairly quickly. We decided to dine outside on the patio as it was a beautiful day. The food was fantastic and the portions were just perfect for lunch! Staff was friendly and attentive. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pre-Shaw LunchArtfansfromStKitsDined on 9/5/2014We love to come early, get a good parking place, and have a nice lunch at Zees before a play at the Shaw Festival Theater. The people who wait on the tables are fantastic and the food is a nice light fare.Special Features:
- zee's is the place to goBookLover1Dined on 9/4/2014Guests can sit on the open porch in summer or the covered porch in fall. The food is delicious, with good variety, fish and vegetarian choices, and lovely appetizers. The bar is ample, with both wine and specialty cocktails available. Service is pleasant and efficient. It is a perfect choice when attending the Festival Theatre across the street. We enjoyed a cheese plate, tuna, and a soba noodle dish. All were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014the Asian vegetarian dish was surprising and delicious. shredded daikon and the tangy sauce put the whole mix of veggies over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodluvR2Dined on 8/30/2014With one of the best patios around, Zee's Grill never disappoints. Wonderful food and service. We go every year we find ourselves in Niagara OTL. Loved the cheese platter appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food always good. Porch wonderful for outdoor dining. Reasonable prices which is rare in Niagara on the lake.Special Features:
- YassieDined on 8/29/2014Delicious, especially the cheese tray with all the lovely jams and honey was to die for. The burgers were superb, with the best melted cheese ever and the raw tuna was my favourite !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peggybDined on 8/29/2014A fine, dependable, convenient choice for theater-goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location and competence all aroundLyublanaDined on 8/29/2014So conveniently located for the Shaw Festival and Studio theaters. Very pleasant porch dining nicely set back from the sidewalk as well as traditional patio dining area. Competent wait staff and kitchen clearly a level above almost everything else on Queen and King Street. Good value. Good menu selection. Vegetarian options, too.Special Features:
- very welcominglovenewplacesDined on 8/29/2014My mother and I went to Zees to dine after a show at the Shaw.My mother uses a walker and was treated with the utmost respect and hospitality. We sat at a table for two facing Queen Street and enjoyed the view of people walking by and the beautiful floral arrangements.We asked if we could share an appetizer and an entrée and were presented with them already beautifully divided into two servings. We received lots of attention from the waitress and the other staff to make sure our dining experience was a pleasant one.We never felt rushed. I would recommend Zees to anyone wanting a special dinner for a special occasion.The menu was varied, the food was delicious and beautifully presented. The "amuse bouche" was a nice touch as well.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantdrunzoDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed this restaurant very much-excellent food and service and right next door to the Shaw Festival Theater.Special Features:
- kidd 14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014the service was excellent..... the desert was the best we ever had...... the main course was good for both of us.... but not exceptionalSpecial Features:
- unreasonably slowtheatregoerDined on 8/21/2014For a restaurant located in a theatre town and right across the street from a theatre, it is completely unacceptable for them not to be able to produce a 2 course meal in less than 90 minutes. Which it what it took. There were a lot of unhappy customers. And yes, they knew that we were going to the theatre. I think the problem was the kitchen. And the new (since last year) menu is much poorer than the previous one. In short, a once fine restaurant has fallen on hard times. I used to recommend it. No more.Special Features:
- Great location and good food!theatre22Dined on 8/21/2014I was in a wheelchair and made the reservation because of its proximity to the Festival Theatre. The hostess and servers were so kind. They helped me and my friend to a lovely table on the spacious veranda. The wine was very good, the food outstanding and the coconut lime rice pudding dessert, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The salad was fresh but the salad dressing was too bitter to enjoy. The chicken entree was dry and lacked flavour. The chocolate mousse was excellent but did not make up for the disappointng meal.
- Good food, but not so creative.Wanderluster999Dined on 8/19/2014The food was good, but I feel it could be more creative. We dine out a lot in Toronto and I found the menu limited. We went for dinner and I didn't find anything special about the food. Since it is a wine region, perhaps more dishes cooked with regional wine would be good. Also more focus on regional produce. Organic choices. Better appetizers. Platters to share with a nice glass of wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Outstanding service (the beverage manager waitresses on Mondays) and outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre RestaurantTravelQueenDined on 8/17/2014Very good food and service in an excellent location for all theaters in Niagara-on -the-Lake, CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.