92 Picton St
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zees.ca/
- Phone: 9054685715
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm (May-Nov) (Closed Dec-April (except holidays); Dinner: Sunday to Friday: 5:00pm - 830pm, Saturday: 5:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Dobbie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer O'Connor 905-468-3369
A word from Zees Grill
Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is Niagara-on-the-Lake's newest hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting new restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Zees Grill - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Zees Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (211)fit for foodies (122)great for lunch (110)neighborhood gem (97)special occasion (89)romantic (67)scenic view (59)great for brunch (42)notable wine list (41)good for groups (39)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great ExperiencewineanddineDined on 9/12/2014This place came highly recommended by a local resident and we were not disappointed. Our meals were delicious and well presented. Portions were perfect; service was excellent....very attentive and knowledgeable. I would suggest asking for a table on the porch if weather permits. This was our first time at Zees but we will be back!Special Features:
- A good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Kitchen was behind, so service was slow. Recommend a 6:00 seating if you are going to Festival or a bit earlier if attending other venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience at ZeesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014I had a 6pm reservation at Zees, which should have been plenty of time for a nice meal before the 8pm show at the Festival Theater next door...but my entree of seared tuna arrived at 7:15pm! According to the menu, the tuna was supposed to be rare but mine came out medium-well to well-done, making it chewy, fishy tasting, and almost inedible (although the accompanying soba noodles and daikon salad were good). I should have sent the tuna back but, considering as how I had to leave for a show soon, I didn't. The server did not offer any explanation or seem to think one was even needed. I expected much more of this restaurant but was disappointed. The ambience was excellent, but the service and tuna entree were fair at best.
- Shaw EatsNGTorontoDined on 9/10/2014Zees was the perfect spot for our lunch before a matinee at The Festivsl theatre, being just across the street. It would have been just as perfect for dinner before an evening performance. We enjoyed the outdoor patio on a lovely day. Service was fast and friendly and our food was delicious. Lots of choice on the menu.Special Features:
- What a findABCcDined on 9/8/2014Absolutely a wonderful experience from fan table setting - under over yet out of doors. Food outstanding and service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Niagara-on-the-LakekaintayoDined on 9/7/2014Came here with my family for Sunday lunch and I was glad I made reservations as we got seated fairly quickly. We decided to dine outside on the patio as it was a beautiful day. The food was fantastic and the portions were just perfect for lunch! Staff was friendly and attentive. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pre-Shaw LunchArtfansfromStKitsDined on 9/5/2014We love to come early, get a good parking place, and have a nice lunch at Zees before a play at the Shaw Festival Theater. The people who wait on the tables are fantastic and the food is a nice light fare.Special Features:
- zee's is the place to goBookLover1Dined on 9/4/2014Guests can sit on the open porch in summer or the covered porch in fall. The food is delicious, with good variety, fish and vegetarian choices, and lovely appetizers. The bar is ample, with both wine and specialty cocktails available. Service is pleasant and efficient. It is a perfect choice when attending the Festival Theatre across the street. We enjoyed a cheese plate, tuna, and a soba noodle dish. All were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014the Asian vegetarian dish was surprising and delicious. shredded daikon and the tangy sauce put the whole mix of veggies over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodluvR2Dined on 8/30/2014With one of the best patios around, Zee's Grill never disappoints. Wonderful food and service. We go every year we find ourselves in Niagara OTL. Loved the cheese platter appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food always good. Porch wonderful for outdoor dining. Reasonable prices which is rare in Niagara on the lake.Special Features:
- YassieDined on 8/29/2014Delicious, especially the cheese tray with all the lovely jams and honey was to die for. The burgers were superb, with the best melted cheese ever and the raw tuna was my favourite !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peggybDined on 8/29/2014A fine, dependable, convenient choice for theater-goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location and competence all aroundLyublanaDined on 8/29/2014So conveniently located for the Shaw Festival and Studio theaters. Very pleasant porch dining nicely set back from the sidewalk as well as traditional patio dining area. Competent wait staff and kitchen clearly a level above almost everything else on Queen and King Street. Good value. Good menu selection. Vegetarian options, too.Special Features:
- very welcominglovenewplacesDined on 8/29/2014My mother and I went to Zees to dine after a show at the Shaw.My mother uses a walker and was treated with the utmost respect and hospitality. We sat at a table for two facing Queen Street and enjoyed the view of people walking by and the beautiful floral arrangements.We asked if we could share an appetizer and an entrée and were presented with them already beautifully divided into two servings. We received lots of attention from the waitress and the other staff to make sure our dining experience was a pleasant one.We never felt rushed. I would recommend Zees to anyone wanting a special dinner for a special occasion.The menu was varied, the food was delicious and beautifully presented. The "amuse bouche" was a nice touch as well.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantdrunzoDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed this restaurant very much-excellent food and service and right next door to the Shaw Festival Theater.Special Features:
- kidd 14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014the service was excellent..... the desert was the best we ever had...... the main course was good for both of us.... but not exceptionalSpecial Features:
- unreasonably slowtheatregoerDined on 8/21/2014For a restaurant located in a theatre town and right across the street from a theatre, it is completely unacceptable for them not to be able to produce a 2 course meal in less than 90 minutes. Which it what it took. There were a lot of unhappy customers. And yes, they knew that we were going to the theatre. I think the problem was the kitchen. And the new (since last year) menu is much poorer than the previous one. In short, a once fine restaurant has fallen on hard times. I used to recommend it. No more.Special Features:
- Great location and good food!theatre22Dined on 8/21/2014I was in a wheelchair and made the reservation because of its proximity to the Festival Theatre. The hostess and servers were so kind. They helped me and my friend to a lovely table on the spacious veranda. The wine was very good, the food outstanding and the coconut lime rice pudding dessert, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The salad was fresh but the salad dressing was too bitter to enjoy. The chicken entree was dry and lacked flavour. The chocolate mousse was excellent but did not make up for the disappointng meal.
- Good food, but not so creative.Wanderluster999Dined on 8/19/2014The food was good, but I feel it could be more creative. We dine out a lot in Toronto and I found the menu limited. We went for dinner and I didn't find anything special about the food. Since it is a wine region, perhaps more dishes cooked with regional wine would be good. Also more focus on regional produce. Organic choices. Better appetizers. Platters to share with a nice glass of wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Outstanding service (the beverage manager waitresses on Mondays) and outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre RestaurantTravelQueenDined on 8/17/2014Very good food and service in an excellent location for all theaters in Niagara-on -the-Lake, CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGSCVDined on 8/14/2014Zee's has great ambiance, great service, and most importantly great food. I can honestly say I have never eaten anything like what I ate, and that is a great thing. We will be going back if ever we are there again.Special Features:
- abouttownDined on 8/14/2014The lunch salads are wonderful ,should be available for dinner order to delivery time is slow,getting to Shaw production should quicken service mixed drinks are different from what I am familiar with I brought friends this time and will do so in futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, average serviceDCpatronVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went to Zee's on a Wednesday night. The food was good: Caesar salad, watermelon/strawberry salad, Zee burger and seafood pasta. Our waiter, however, acted like he would have preferred being somewhere else. He was really not very personable or friendly. He detracted from an otherwise pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zee 's restaurant dinnerNeilVIPDined on 8/13/2014We four enjoyed good service at this super well located. ( Festival Theatr) restaurant for dinner. Nice variety of dinner choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchExplorer2Dined on 8/12/2014Four of us ate here for lunch prior to a play. All meals were excellent. I had the salmon which was one of the best I have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014We could only get a reservation at 6:30 as it was a busy evening. The show started at 8:00. We were made to feel very welcome by the hostess who seated us at a lovely table on the veranda. Our server,Sean, was great - very attentive and made sure we left on time to get to the theatre. The food was delicious, too! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST when in NOTLabmenuVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife, daughter and I had a great meal Saturday night. The only thing better than the food was the service. From the warm welcome from the manager/hostess to our server's continuous attention, we enjoyed everh minute.Special Features:
- VERY TASTY!WinedoctorVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a nice dinner at Zees. Zees is right across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre, which is extremely convenient. We sat outside on the patio, which was pleasant. We kind of custom ordered a pasta dish for 2, they made one of the dishes correctly but didn't make the second one the same, so the dish had to be returned and remade just like the first. It sounded like it was the servers mistake, not the kitchen but I am not sure. The server knew the order was wrong but brought it to us anyway, we thought it would have been better to remake it correctly and bring us an appetizer to snack on, or at least come let us know and ask us what we want to do, instead of just knowingly bringing us the wrong thing. But no big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Great food, especially the pizza on naan bread. Lovely to be out on the patio on a beautiful day.Special Features:
- Nice findJK43Dined on 8/8/2014Seems to be one of the only restaurants in NOTL that has vegetarian/vegan options other than pizza. Great ambiance. Dined inside, as it was later in the evening and the patio tables are lit by only a small candle and it was quiet dark and hard to see. Two vegetarian selections available-a soba noodle dish and a dish that is called "crunchy beans" but actually is sprouted peas/pea shoots, with no "beans" in the dish. We had one of each and both were quiet good. Good salads, typical desserts. Kevin, our server, was very good and accommodating to our vegetarian needs. Would return if I return to NOTL.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014If visiting Niagara on the Lake, you must eat at Zees Grill. Food and service are top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor lunch experience!FinePalateVIPDined on 8/7/2014Other than the pork, which was somewhat dry, the food was very good. And a very good wine list.Special Features:
- foodfanDined on 8/7/2014We always lunch at Zees before enjoying the Shaw plays. It is so convenient to book online and Zees honours our request for the Veranda. The servers are energetic , friendly and fun. The food is delicious and delightfully served. Sometimes, an entry will be so beautiful that diners at other tables will say Oh-h, what is that? Keep up the good work. Thanks for making our Shaw experience extra special.Special Features:
- before a matinéetwofourtalkVIPDined on 8/6/2014very convenient to The Festival theatre! charming to sit on the terrace. The food not quite good enough, and a bit pricey.Special Features:
- A Gem of a PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014A lovely place for lunch! Right across from the theatre which was perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fabulous serviceluv2dineDined on 8/5/2014We went to Zees, having been there once before. Food was great, with some small complaints. The salad that came with my burger did not have any dressing. I would have liked a heartier, healthier bun for the burger. My companion had the club sandwich, which came with soup. The soup was excellent but the portion was very small. Kim, our server, had the most pleasant personality, did everything right, including offering to bring separate bills, which some wait staff seem to hate doing. She made the lunch so much nicer because of her professional style of service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Unique menu offers a lot of choice in a short list. We especially appreciate the Asian twists (soba noodles, nori appear in a few dishes) to keep the offerings light and fun. The plate sizes are "just right" to, not too much, which is sadly typical at other restos. Tuna loin is especially great. Good wine list with many local wineries by the glass or carafe. Excellent ambience on the wide porch overlooking garden and Lakeshore Dr.Special Features: